Career Questions tagged Librarian

Janice P.’s Avatar
Janice P. May 27, 2016 674 views

If I want to work at a library, what are my best options so that I have a better chance at getting the job?

I really want to work at a library, but don't know how to be considered a top candidate for hiring. #librarian #library...

#bookstore

Carol M.’s Avatar
Carol M. May 23, 2016 613 views

What is the most interesting part of your job as a librarian? The most stressful?

i've gotten to see it from the outside, but i would really like to have time to sit down with a librarian and see how their day is like. Every job has pros and cons. What's YOUR pro and YOUR con to your job?...

#librarian

Carol M.’s Avatar
Carol M. May 23, 2016 395 views
Cierra A.’s Avatar
Cierra A. May 17, 2016 506 views

What are good undergraduate majors for a person wanting to pursue a Masters of Library Science (MLS) and become a librarian?

I am a student who is interested in becoming a librarian and plan to pursue my Masters of Library Science (MLS, MLIS, etc.) after undergraduate school. However, I need to get my Bachelor's degree first! I am curious as to what sorts of majors librarians would recommend that help them with their...

#librarian

Cierra A.’s Avatar
Cierra A. May 17, 2016 571 views

How do hiring managers in libraries view online Master's of Library Science degrees (MLS, MLIS, etc.)?

I want to become a librarian, but the only way I could get my MLS (Masters of Library Science) degree is to go to school online. I want to know if libraries, especially public libraries, look down on this type of degree or if it is considered appropriate in the field, and how likely it is that...

#library-manager #public-library #librarian

Jazzmin P.’s Avatar
Jazzmin P. Mar 18, 2015 840 views

What steps would I have to take in order to become a librarian?

Hi! I am a high school senior, who is interested in potentially becoming a librarian. I'm not sure what I would have to do to become one....

#librarian

Carlos R.’s Avatar
Carlos R. Mar 26, 2014 1012 views

What does the day of a librarian look like?

I have wanted to be a librarian as a kid, but I am not really interested in being one anymore. I am just curious on what they work on and what it takes to be one. #reading #librarian #bookkeeping...

#library