Career Questions tagged Library

Erin C.’s Avatar
Erin C. Dec 31, 2020 259 views

What does a Library Technician do on a daily basis and how does it compare to the work of a librarian and a Records and Information Manager.

I am a female looking to gain information about working in a professional library setting as a Library Technician. I would like to hear from others who are in this field, what opportunities came up and what, if any, further education was needed. I would like to hear from others in the RIM...

librarytechnician rim library recordsandinformationmanagment

Elaysha W.’s Avatar
Elaysha W. Mar 15, 2018 399 views

What are the best resources for someone interested in book preservation?

I want to work in book preservation and I'm just not sure what resources are available. books preservation conservation library...

special-collections

Elaysha W.’s Avatar
Elaysha W. Mar 15, 2018 446 views

Which would be better to work in manuscripts: a degree in Library Sciences or Museum Conservation?

I'm looking at working in manuscript preservation and translation and I'm just not sure what's going to be the best path for me. manuscripts Latin library...

museums

Hero D.’s Avatar
Hero D. Jul 04, 2016 1132 views

Whats the best way to study?

I like studying a lot, Text books, e-books, but I am not always able to get the right position to study. Sometimes through listening to music, but the problem is I don't always remember what I study when I don't remember the music I was listening to. teaching teacher education music school...

studying student library books

Janice P.’s Avatar
Janice P. May 27, 2016 809 views

If I want to work at a library, what are my best options so that I have a better chance at getting the job?

I really want to work at a library, but don't know how to be considered a top candidate for hiring. librarian library...

bookstore

Carlos R.’s Avatar
Carlos R. Mar 26, 2014 1185 views

What does the day of a librarian look like?

I have wanted to be a librarian as a kid, but I am not really interested in being one anymore. I am just curious on what they work on and what it takes to be one. reading librarian bookkeeping...

library