5
Asked 210 views

How do I find a job as a school librarian?

I'm a resident of Syria and have already completed my bachelor's in library and information. I also have 6 years of experience working in libraries. Finding a job has been incredibly difficult because of the constant conflict/war in my country.

Thank you comment icon Some great guidance already. Are you considering remote positions? I think there are some libraries that hire remote Reference Librarians to answer questions. What a wonderful career and it's such an advantage that you got a related degree. You're gonna have a wonderful career! Lisa Towles

5

0

r c’s Answer

Hello Souad, I agree with Asad's answer. Your search for a school librarian position depends on where you want to relocate. Different countries have different requirements for working in school librarianship. You might want to start with the International Association of School Librarianship: https://iasl-online.org/WOW-Public-Access . In each country's profile are additional links to more information. I hope this helps get you started!
Thank you comment icon Thanks for the help. Souad
0
0

Asad’s Answer

Hey Souad! I think becoming a school librarian depends on where you end up. I'm unsure how to help if you're seeking a position in Syria, but if you've resettled in North America, then typically school librarians have gone through teaching school, or have the minimum requirement of being an educator (whether it's elementary, middle, or high school). My wife worked in her school library for the last few months of the last school year but she is a fully qualified teacher here in Ontario Canada, which requires her to have a masters degree in education or teaching. I hope this helps! I'd recommend searching your local area's requirements.
Thank you comment icon Thank you for giving me advice. Souad
Thank you comment icon Hello Asad, thanks for answering my question really. I left my job for many reasons and I have degree bachelor science libraries and information long time and had experience also. 6 years as librarian school. Left my job before 10 years ago. I wanna get new chances far of this place not healthy really here. Thanks again for kindness 😊😊 Souad
0