Career Questions tagged Conservation

Owen P.’s Avatar
Owen P. Aug 06, 2018 135 views

How Is It Being A Park Ranger?

I love the outdoors and being in nature, and I want to preserve that nature and help to protect it. I'm considering several college and career pathways involving the outdoors and conservation and becoming a Parks Ranger seems the most direct and fulfilling in my eyes. I'm hoping to learn more...

#career #conservation #career-path #parksranger #nationalparks

Patricia U.’s Avatar
Patricia U. Jun 10, 2018 195 views

Wildlife Biology or Wildlife Biology with a concentration in Wildlife Rehabilitation?

Next year, I will be transferring to a school and pursuing a Wildlife Biology Bachelor's degree. Originally, the Wildlife Biology degree with a concentration in Wildlife Rehabilitation interested me because I thought the rehabilitation concentration would provide increased skills. My career...

#ecology #conservation #veterinary #biology

Patricia U.’s Avatar
Patricia U. Jun 10, 2018 261 views

How to propose to professor ready for research?

Next semester I am transferring to a new school as a junior. After e-mailing two professors about an independent research class, one e-mailed back mentioning that while I have a lot of research experience, students in their first semester are not normally approved to do independent research and...

#ecology #research #conservation #college

Danielle S.’s Avatar
Danielle S. Jan 17, 2018 180 views

What happens in a typical day for the Department of Conservation?

I'm interested in working for my state's Department of Conservation, but I don't really know what their average day looks like. #conservation #wildlife-conservation #biology #nature-conservation...

celeste L.’s Avatar
celeste L. Jan 16, 2018 253 views

What does an enviormentalist exactly do? is it a wide range or a specific job?

Because I want to major in being an environmentalist and a lot of people ask me exactly what I will be doing and I really do not know how to answer that. I just want to major in helping the environment. #environmental-services #college #environmental-science #ecology #biology #environmentalism...

#conservation

Jazmin L.’s Avatar
Jazmin L. Apr 08, 2018 225 views

Should I choose a minor that is easily utilized if my major is specific to a certain field?

I would like to major in conservation biology or wildlife biology, but it seems like a very difficult field to become employed in, and I was planning on minoring in psychology because I am interested in behavior and thought it would compliment a biology degree. However, would it be better to...

#choosing-major #conservation #wildlife-biology #psychology #choosing-a-career #choosing-a-major #choosing-a-minor #majors-and-minors #liberal-arts #interests #business #marketing

Jazmin L.’s Avatar
Jazmin L. Apr 08, 2018 198 views

What careers in biology will allow me to travel often?

I have always been interested in and enjoyed traveling, and would like to pursue a career in conservation or wildlife biology. What careers in that field, if any would involve frequent traveling? #conservation #nature-conservation #wildlife-conservation #wildlife-conservation...

#traveling #travel #wildlife-biology #conservation-biology

Elaysha W.’s Avatar
Elaysha W. Mar 15, 2018 179 views

What are the best resources for someone interested in book preservation?

I want to work in book preservation and I'm just not sure what resources are available. #books #preservation #conservation #library...

#special-collections

Javier C.’s Avatar
Javier C. Jan 22, 2018 585 views

I want to pursue a career with animals. Help?

For all my life I wanted to work with animals. However I don't know exactly what to do in it. Sometimes I wanted to be a host on an animal show just like Steve Irwin or Coyote Peterson. Sometimes I want to be just a simple wildlife conservationist. Sometimes I just want to work at an animal...

#animal #career #grant #dogs #career-choice #zoology #university #college-major #confused #conservation #low-income #scholarships #job #animals #wildlife #zookeeper

Christina K.’s Avatar
Christina K. Jan 16, 2018 205 views

I am looking to apply to graduate school this year, how do I reach out to potential advisors?

I am terrified to apply to #gradschool. I am a conservation biology student, and am looking to get into research and start grad school. I understand that the relationship between student and advisory can be very important in graduate programs, so how do I know if a program will be right for me?...

#naturalresources #conservation #wildlife #after-graduation

Angelica T.’s Avatar
Angelica T. May 14, 2016 367 views

How well can a wildlife veterinarian fit into wildlife conservation and education?

I like to think that teaching about nature and wildlife is the best way to get people to think of helping efforts to save them. While I don't want to be a teacher, myself, and prefer medicine to vague biology, I do want to help in similar ways to what they do. #veterinarian #veterinary...

#conservation #wildlife #animal-health #wildlife-conservation #medical-education

Jackie G.’s Avatar
Jackie G. Jan 17, 2017 502 views

What steps can I take to raise money for a cause?

I am very passionate about certain environmental and wildlife conservation causes. I have a few in mind that I would really love to start a charity for, but how would I go about this? How do I raise money and put together a 'campaign'? Are there any legal things I should know about? #college...

#conservation #start-ups #environmentalism #marketing-and-advertising #career-counseling #environmental-services #business

Erika N.’s Avatar
Erika N. Oct 23, 2016 377 views

What are some fields that relate to the conservation of nature?

I know that I want to help undo the damage caused by humans, but I'm curious as to the best scientific approach to this #science #biology #conservation...

#nature-conservation

Katherine C.’s Avatar
Katherine C. Oct 20, 2016 353 views
Katherine C.’s Avatar
Katherine C. Oct 20, 2016 378 views
Lilia  M.’s Avatar
Lilia M. Oct 10, 2014 1083 views

What types of careers come from environmental science degrees?

I am very passionate about the environment, and the sciences in general, and am hoping to pursuing a environmental science degree from the UC Davis, UC Santa Barbara, or Northeastern University. I love making a difference, and want to know what types of careers that come from an environmental...

#environmental-science #biology #conservation #ecological-restoration #science