Career Questions tagged Conservation

Isabella K.’s Avatar
Isabella K. Jun 15, 2020 130 views

What educational requirements are needed when applying for a job as an conservation scientist?

I am interested in studying environmental studies or science in college and I was wondering what classes I may need to take in order to be qualified for a career as a conservation scientist or in a sustainable-focused work environment. #science #college #sustainability...

#conservation

Allison S.’s Avatar
Allison S. May 22, 2020 114 views

What are some career opportunities in the field of wildlife biology?

In addition to environmental science, I am also interested in studying wildlife biology. What are some career opportunities in this field of study? #wildlife #wildlifebiology #environment...

#conservation

Allison S.’s Avatar
Allison S. May 22, 2020 94 views

What are some careers in the field of environmental conservation?

Hello, my name is Allison and I will be studying environmental science and conservation at college in the fall. What are some careers related to this field of study? #environmentalscience...

#conservation

Ezra C.’s Avatar
Ezra C. Jan 02, 2020 195 views

Wildlife And Ecology Opportunities For High School Students?

What are some routes to get involved in ecology, conservation, wildlife #biology #veterinary med, etc. as a high school student? I am referring to particular programs rather than general advice. Example: Wild Bird Fund in NYC. Anything (inter)national or based in NYC. #conservation #ecology...

#wildlife

Owen P.’s Avatar
Owen P. Aug 06, 2018 257 views

How Is It Being A Park Ranger?

I love the outdoors and being in nature, and I want to preserve that nature and help to protect it. I'm considering several college and career pathways involving the outdoors and conservation and becoming a Parks Ranger seems the most direct and fulfilling in my eyes. I'm hoping to learn more...

#career #nationalparks #parksranger #career-path #conservation

Patricia U.’s Avatar
Patricia U. Jun 10, 2018 311 views

Wildlife Biology or Wildlife Biology with a concentration in Wildlife Rehabilitation?

Next year, I will be transferring to a school and pursuing a Wildlife Biology Bachelor's degree. Originally, the Wildlife Biology degree with a concentration in Wildlife Rehabilitation interested me because I thought the rehabilitation concentration would provide increased skills. My career...

#ecology #veterinary #biology #conservation

Patricia U.’s Avatar
Patricia U. Jun 10, 2018 392 views

How to propose to professor ready for research?

Next semester I am transferring to a new school as a junior. After e-mailing two professors about an independent research class, one e-mailed back mentioning that while I have a lot of research experience, students in their first semester are not normally approved to do independent research and...

#ecology #college #research #conservation

Danielle S.’s Avatar
Danielle S. Jan 17, 2018 284 views

What happens in a typical day for the Department of Conservation?

I'm interested in working for my state's Department of Conservation, but I don't really know what their average day looks like. #conservation #wildlife-conservation #biology #nature-conservation...

celeste L.’s Avatar
celeste L. Jan 16, 2018 387 views

What does an enviormentalist exactly do? is it a wide range or a specific job?

Because I want to major in being an environmentalist and a lot of people ask me exactly what I will be doing and I really do not know how to answer that. I just want to major in helping the environment. #environmental-services #college #environmental-science #ecology #biology #environmentalism...

#conservation

Jazmin L.’s Avatar
Jazmin L. Apr 08, 2018 352 views

Should I choose a minor that is easily utilized if my major is specific to a certain field?

I would like to major in conservation biology or wildlife biology, but it seems like a very difficult field to become employed in, and I was planning on minoring in psychology because I am interested in behavior and thought it would compliment a biology degree. However, would it be better to...

#majors-and-minors #psychology #liberal-arts #business #choosing-a-major #conservation #wildlife-biology #choosing-a-career #choosing-a-minor #interests #marketing #choosing-major

Jazmin L.’s Avatar
Jazmin L. Apr 08, 2018 388 views

What careers in biology will allow me to travel often?

I have always been interested in and enjoyed traveling, and would like to pursue a career in conservation or wildlife biology. What careers in that field, if any would involve frequent traveling? #conservation #nature-conservation #wildlife-conservation #wildlife-conservation...

#travel #traveling #conservation-biology #wildlife-biology

Elaysha W.’s Avatar
Elaysha W. Mar 15, 2018 304 views

What are the best resources for someone interested in book preservation?

I want to work in book preservation and I'm just not sure what resources are available. #books #preservation #conservation #library...

#special-collections

Javier C.’s Avatar
Javier C. Jan 22, 2018 1063 views

I want to pursue a career with animals. Help?

For all my life I wanted to work with animals. However I don't know exactly what to do in it. Sometimes I wanted to be a host on an animal show just like Steve Irwin or Coyote Peterson. Sometimes I want to be just a simple wildlife conservationist. Sometimes I just want to work at an animal...

#college-major #scholarships #zookeeper #low-income #career #animal #zoology #grant #animals #wildlife #dogs #confused #job #conservation #career-choice #university

Christina K.’s Avatar
Christina K. Jan 16, 2018 300 views

I am looking to apply to graduate school this year, how do I reach out to potential advisors?

I am terrified to apply to #gradschool. I am a conservation biology student, and am looking to get into research and start grad school. I understand that the relationship between student and advisory can be very important in graduate programs, so how do I know if a program will be right for me?...

#after-graduation #naturalresources #wildlife #conservation

Angelica T.’s Avatar
Angelica T. May 14, 2016 457 views

How well can a wildlife veterinarian fit into wildlife conservation and education?

I like to think that teaching about nature and wildlife is the best way to get people to think of helping efforts to save them. While I don't want to be a teacher, myself, and prefer medicine to vague biology, I do want to help in similar ways to what they do. #veterinarian #veterinary...

#wildlife #medical-education #conservation #wildlife-conservation #animal-health

Jackie G.’s Avatar
Jackie G. Jan 17, 2017 638 views

What steps can I take to raise money for a cause?

I am very passionate about certain environmental and wildlife conservation causes. I have a few in mind that I would really love to start a charity for, but how would I go about this? How do I raise money and put together a 'campaign'? Are there any legal things I should know about? #college...

#start-ups #career-counseling #environmentalism #environmental-services #business #conservation #marketing-and-advertising

Erika N.’s Avatar
Erika N. Oct 23, 2016 467 views

What are some fields that relate to the conservation of nature?

I know that I want to help undo the damage caused by humans, but I'm curious as to the best scientific approach to this #science #biology #conservation...

#nature-conservation

Lilia  M.’s Avatar
Lilia M. Oct 10, 2014 1287 views

What types of careers come from environmental science degrees?

I am very passionate about the environment, and the sciences in general, and am hoping to pursuing a environmental science degree from the UC Davis, UC Santa Barbara, or Northeastern University. I love making a difference, and want to know what types of careers that come from an environmental...

#science #biology #environmental-science #conservation #ecological-restoration