Career Questions tagged Conservation

Emily C.’s Avatar
Emily C. Apr 05 123 views

What kind of jobs with UNESCO World Heritage?

I am really interested in historical conservation and heritage sites and am curious to know what opportunities to work in this sector are offered through UNESCO WHC. What do field work opportunities look like? What does working at HQ look like? Are most positions on a volunteer basis or do they...

unesco unescowhc conservation architecture

Isabella K.’s Avatar
Isabella K. Jun 15, 2020 213 views

What educational requirements are needed when applying for a job as an conservation scientist?

I am interested in studying environmental studies or science in college and I was wondering what classes I may need to take in order to be qualified for a career as a conservation scientist or in a sustainable-focused work environment. science college sustainability...

conservation

Allison S.’s Avatar
Allison S. May 22, 2020 227 views

What are some career opportunities in the field of wildlife biology?

In addition to environmental science, I am also interested in studying wildlife biology. What are some career opportunities in this field of study? wildlife wildlifebiology environment...

conservation

Allison S.’s Avatar
Allison S. May 22, 2020 183 views

What are some careers in the field of environmental conservation?

Hello, my name is Allison and I will be studying environmental science and conservation at college in the fall. What are some careers related to this field of study? environmentalscience...

conservation

Ezra C.’s Avatar
Ezra C. Jan 02, 2020 317 views

Wildlife And Ecology Opportunities For High School Students?

What are some routes to get involved in ecology, conservation, wildlife biology veterinary med, etc. as a high school student? I am referring to particular programs rather than general advice. Example: Wild Bird Fund in NYC. Anything (inter)national or based in NYC. conservation ecology...

wildlife

Owen P.’s Avatar
Owen P. Aug 06, 2018 316 views

How Is It Being A Park Ranger?

I love the outdoors and being in nature, and I want to preserve that nature and help to protect it. I'm considering several college and career pathways involving the outdoors and conservation and becoming a Parks Ranger seems the most direct and fulfilling in my eyes. I'm hoping to learn more...

conservation parksranger career nationalparks career-path

Patricia U.’s Avatar
Patricia U. Jun 10, 2018 394 views

Wildlife Biology or Wildlife Biology with a concentration in Wildlife Rehabilitation?

Next year, I will be transferring to a school and pursuing a Wildlife Biology Bachelor's degree. Originally, the Wildlife Biology degree with a concentration in Wildlife Rehabilitation interested me because I thought the rehabilitation concentration would provide increased skills. My career...

ecology conservation biology veterinary

Patricia U.’s Avatar
Patricia U. Jun 10, 2018 482 views

How to propose to professor ready for research?

Next semester I am transferring to a new school as a junior. After e-mailing two professors about an independent research class, one e-mailed back mentioning that while I have a lot of research experience, students in their first semester are not normally approved to do independent research and...

conservation research college ecology

Danielle S.’s Avatar
Danielle S. Jan 17, 2018 355 views

What happens in a typical day for the Department of Conservation?

I'm interested in working for my state's Department of Conservation, but I don't really know what their average day looks like. conservation wildlife-conservation biology nature-conservation...

celeste L.’s Avatar
celeste L. Jan 16, 2018 559 views

What does an enviormentalist exactly do? is it a wide range or a specific job?

Because I want to major in being an environmentalist and a lot of people ask me exactly what I will be doing and I really do not know how to answer that. I just want to major in helping the environment. environmental-services college environmental-science ecology biology environmentalism...

conservation

Jazmin L.’s Avatar
Jazmin L. Apr 08, 2018 443 views

Should I choose a minor that is easily utilized if my major is specific to a certain field?

I would like to major in conservation biology or wildlife biology, but it seems like a very difficult field to become employed in, and I was planning on minoring in psychology because I am interested in behavior and thought it would compliment a biology degree. However, would it be better to...

majors-and-minors wildlife-biology marketing business psychology liberal-arts conservation choosing-a-major interests choosing-a-minor choosing-major choosing-a-career

Jazmin L.’s Avatar
Jazmin L. Apr 08, 2018 452 views

What careers in biology will allow me to travel often?

I have always been interested in and enjoyed traveling, and would like to pursue a career in conservation or wildlife biology. What careers in that field, if any would involve frequent traveling? conservation nature-conservation wildlife-conservation wildlife-conservation...

conservation-biology traveling travel wildlife-biology

Elaysha W.’s Avatar
Elaysha W. Mar 15, 2018 396 views

What are the best resources for someone interested in book preservation?

I want to work in book preservation and I'm just not sure what resources are available. books preservation conservation library...

special-collections

Javier C.’s Avatar
Javier C. Jan 22, 2018 1400 views

I want to pursue a career with animals. Help?

For all my life I wanted to work with animals. However I don't know exactly what to do in it. Sometimes I wanted to be a host on an animal show just like Steve Irwin or Coyote Peterson. Sometimes I want to be just a simple wildlife conservationist. Sometimes I just want to work at an animal...

zookeeper career-choice low-income career zoology wildlife animals scholarships job dogs university grant animal conservation college-major confused

Christina K.’s Avatar
Christina K. Jan 16, 2018 378 views

I am looking to apply to graduate school this year, how do I reach out to potential advisors?

I am terrified to apply to gradschool. I am a conservation biology student, and am looking to get into research and start grad school. I understand that the relationship between student and advisory can be very important in graduate programs, so how do I know if a program will be right for me?...

conservation after-graduation wildlife naturalresources

Angelica T.’s Avatar
Angelica T. May 14, 2016 519 views

How well can a wildlife veterinarian fit into wildlife conservation and education?

I like to think that teaching about nature and wildlife is the best way to get people to think of helping efforts to save them. While I don't want to be a teacher, myself, and prefer medicine to vague biology, I do want to help in similar ways to what they do. veterinarian veterinary...

medical-education animal-health wildlife-conservation conservation wildlife

Jackie G.’s Avatar
Jackie G. Jan 17, 2017 711 views

What steps can I take to raise money for a cause?

I am very passionate about certain environmental and wildlife conservation causes. I have a few in mind that I would really love to start a charity for, but how would I go about this? How do I raise money and put together a 'campaign'? Are there any legal things I should know about? college...

start-ups marketing-and-advertising environmental-services business conservation environmentalism career-counseling

Erika N.’s Avatar
Erika N. Oct 23, 2016 534 views

What are some fields that relate to the conservation of nature?

I know that I want to help undo the damage caused by humans, but I'm curious as to the best scientific approach to this science biology conservation...

nature-conservation

Lilia  M.’s Avatar
Lilia M. Oct 10, 2014 1407 views

What types of careers come from environmental science degrees?

I am very passionate about the environment, and the sciences in general, and am hoping to pursuing a environmental science degree from the UC Davis, UC Santa Barbara, or Northeastern University. I love making a difference, and want to know what types of careers that come from an environmental...

environmental-science ecological-restoration conservation science biology