Career Questions tagged Firefighting

Matthew H.’s Avatar
Matthew H. Jul 25

What things should I know about Wild Land Firefighting that is not in the book?

Any safety precautions that I should know or any helpful advice....

#firefighting

Kylie B.’s Avatar
Kylie B. May 28
Eduardo C.’s Avatar
Eduardo C. May 28
Student B .’s Avatar
Student B . Mar 13
Daphne R.’s Avatar
Daphne R. Apr 05, 2018

I am interested in fire science. Are there any professionals willing to share their experience on how they became a firefighter?

My grandfather was chief fire inspector for the state of Hawaii. He was really good at what he did. I heard most of the stories from my father, who would tag along during the days of his youth. My father even regretted not going into the fire department. I've heard about the benefits in working...

#department #fire-fighter #firefighting #fire-investigator

Cheyenne P.’s Avatar
Cheyenne P. May 21, 2018

In what ways could I better prepare for law enforcement or fire academy?

I am preparing to go into both police and fire academy (one after the other). I have a degree in Criminology and have taken fire science courses at my college. I attend a weekly workout program through a local agency. Do you have any other suggestions on ways to prepare or different subjects to...

#fire-academy #advice #career #police-academy #law-enforcement #academy #firefighting #police

William G.’s Avatar
William G. Jan 19, 2018

Are emergency service based jobs worth it?

I am debating if I should do this, but the problem is, I don't know if it is worth getting into with the work hours and dangers. #emergency-medicine #hospital-and-health-care #firefighting #law-enforcement #isitworthit...

#should-i

Anthony D.’s Avatar
Anthony D. Oct 23, 2017

Where and how can I job shadow a Firefighter?

I'd like to job shadow a firefighter because my dream goal for the future is to become one. #firefighting #firefighter...

#fire

billy B.’s Avatar
billy B. May 30, 2017

How to become a firefighter after 4 years in the Marines in the bay area?

What do i need to do and what can help me become a firefighter after the Marines #anyone #career-details...

#firefighting

Cody L.’s Avatar
Cody L. Feb 15, 2017

How does technology help with your career?

At school they tell us that technology is taking over in every field. How does it help you as a firefighter...

#firefighting

Cody L.’s Avatar
Cody L. Feb 15, 2017

Is there anything you don't like about being a firefighter?

I'm just curious about the side of firefighting we don't hear much about...

#firefighting

Cody L.’s Avatar
Cody L. Feb 15, 2017

How much money does a firefighter make?

I am interested in becoming a firefighter but wonder if I will need another job when I am not on shift....

#firefighting

Hailee D.’s Avatar
Hailee D. Oct 27, 2016

What kind of classes should in college if I want to succeed in being a Firefighter?

I am working towards my dream career and I don't know the specific classes I should take to prepare for that. #firefighting #emt...

#emergency-management

Nelson N.’s Avatar
Nelson N. Oct 20, 2016

I'm not sure which career path is be best for me, can someone help guide me in the right direction?

I'm 23 years old, ever since I was child I've wanted to be someone that helps others. I've worked at a hospital for 3 years now, searching for the career thats right for me. I started of as ancillary staff but after less then 1 and a 1/2 years I became part of The Lift, Mobility, &...

#surgery #firefighting #nursing #firefighter #registered-nurses #emergency-room #trauma-nursing

Chris P.’s Avatar
Chris P. May 28, 2016

Pursuing my passion to serve my community, where do I turn after college to become apart of a police force.

I need help to figure out where to go after getting my degree in criminal justice. #police #police-officer #firefighting...

#community

jonathan H.’s Avatar
jonathan H. May 24, 2016

how risky is to be a fire fighter.

well i want to be a fire fighter and i'm an 8th grader and almost graduating....

#firefighting

Becca H.’s Avatar
Becca H. May 17, 2016
jonathan H.’s Avatar
jonathan H. May 17, 2016
Becca H.’s Avatar
Becca H. May 16, 2016

How do I become a fire-fighter?

Do I need to go to college?...

#firefighting

jonathan H.’s Avatar
jonathan H. May 04, 2016

Do you need a college degree to be a fire fighter? If so, what should I major in?

Do they need a degree at all? I feel like as first responders, a medical degree might be beneficial but maybe there are other areas I don't know that would be better...

#firefighting

Donovan R.’s Avatar
Donovan R. Mar 17, 2015

What level of education is needed to be firefighter?

I am a senior. I was wondering what level or type or education is needed to be a firefighter. I am asking because does it take a level of education to save lives and protect the community #education #firefighting...

#protection

Isaac O.’s Avatar
Isaac O. Feb 11, 2015

What are the steps and qualifications necessary to become a fireman?

I've been seriously considering becoming a fireman for the past few years. I'm 17 and I'm planning on going into the military after college. Is veteran status really an advantage? What other academic and physical qualifications are necessary to become a fireman?...

#firefighting

Henrique S.’s Avatar
Henrique S. Feb 02, 2015

what is necesary for me to become a fire fighter

I am asking this because im interested in becoming a fire man but I do not know what I need to do before I become one. PS I am a junior...

#firefighting

Will F.’s Avatar
Will F. Jan 26, 2015

what is necessary fo me to become a fire fighter

I am asking this because I really don't know what I need to do regarding college years to become a fire fighter #firefighting...

#fire