Career Questions tagged Firefighting

Cordell T.’s Avatar
Cordell T. Nov 05, 2020 58 views

I am in 9th grade and I wanna know what careers and helpful next steps that fit the most

I like what police do and how they protect people and firefighters. They do what I like to do. #policemen...

#firefighting

Ezeh N.’s Avatar
Ezeh N. Nov 03, 2020 69 views
Colby H.’s Avatar
Colby H. Oct 27, 2020 36 views

Is being a fire fighter fun to be on a daily basis

#firefighting #fun #firefighter I was just wondering for the future because I do not want to be in a job that I would not like for a few years.I am concerned that if it can not be a fun job then why waste the training if I would not stick with the...

Colby H.’s Avatar
Colby H. Oct 27, 2020 40 views

What is the best education for a fire fighter

#firefighter #firefighting I want to go to college is a definite answer yes, but I am not exactly certain on wanting to become a fire fighter but I just want to know just in case I make the decision to become one, I just want to be 100% certain for my...

Alec S.’s Avatar
Alec S. Oct 26, 2020 47 views

What is the best route to becoming a fire fighter?

I like the idea of becoming a fire fighter and helping people and ping them safe. What is the best route to getting a fire fighter job as well and keeping that job? #firefighting...

#worker

Colby H.’s Avatar
Colby H. Oct 23, 2020 334 views

What do you have to do to become a Fire Fighter

Hi I am in 12 grade and this career has been interesting me for a while.I have no definite plan on what to do after school and I am scared for my future especially because my brain is not set just on this career but I just need some clarification #firefighter...

#firefighting

James N.’s Avatar
James N. May 09, 2020 260 views

University or community college?

I am having trouble deciding what I want to do about education. University? Community college? Certifications? Should I even bother with college for wildland firefighting? #college #university #firefighting #wildland...

#community-college

James N.’s Avatar
James N. Mar 21, 2020 205 views

Would a college education be necessary to work in wildland firefighting?

I have been accepted into Stephen F. Austin University but I'm not sure if I need to spend thousands of dollars on education. #college #college-advice #college-bound #education #firefighting #wildland-firefighting #hot-shot...

#school

Eduardo S.’s Avatar
Eduardo S. Jan 23, 2020 116 views
kayla T.’s Avatar
kayla T. Sep 16, 2019 141 views
Matthew H.’s Avatar
Matthew H. Jul 25, 2019 125 views
Matthew H.’s Avatar
Matthew H. Jul 25, 2019 173 views

What things should I know about Wild Land Firefighting that is not in the book?

Any safety precautions that I should know or any helpful advice....

#firefighting

Kylie B.’s Avatar
Kylie B. May 28, 2019 165 views
Eduardo C.’s Avatar
Eduardo C. May 28, 2019 145 views
Student S. C.’s Avatar
Student S. C. Mar 19, 2019 251 views
Student B .’s Avatar
Student B . Mar 13, 2019 165 views
Daphne R.’s Avatar
Daphne R. Apr 05, 2018 318 views

I am interested in fire science. Are there any professionals willing to share their experience on how they became a firefighter?

My grandfather was chief fire inspector for the state of Hawaii. He was really good at what he did. I heard most of the stories from my father, who would tag along during the days of his youth. My father even regretted not going into the fire department. I've heard about the benefits in working...

#firefighting #department #fire-fighter #fire-investigator

Cheyenne P.’s Avatar
Cheyenne P. May 21, 2018 424 views

In what ways could I better prepare for law enforcement or fire academy?

I am preparing to go into both police and fire academy (one after the other). I have a degree in Criminology and have taken fire science courses at my college. I attend a weekly workout program through a local agency. Do you have any other suggestions on ways to prepare or different subjects to...

#law-enforcement #academy #firefighting #fire-academy #police #police-academy #career #advice

William G.’s Avatar
William G. Jan 19, 2018 355 views

Are emergency service based jobs worth it?

I am debating if I should do this, but the problem is, I don't know if it is worth getting into with the work hours and dangers. #emergency-medicine #hospital-and-health-care #firefighting #law-enforcement #isitworthit...

#should-i

Anthony D.’s Avatar
Anthony D. Oct 23, 2017 2295 views

Where and how can I job shadow a Firefighter?

I'd like to job shadow a firefighter because my dream goal for the future is to become one. #firefighting #firefighter...

#fire

billy B.’s Avatar
billy B. May 30, 2017 497 views

How to become a firefighter after 4 years in the Marines in the bay area?

What do i need to do and what can help me become a firefighter after the Marines #anyone #career-details...

#firefighting

Cody L.’s Avatar
Cody L. Feb 15, 2017 422 views

How does technology help with your career?

At school they tell us that technology is taking over in every field. How does it help you as a firefighter...

#firefighting

Cody L.’s Avatar
Cody L. Feb 15, 2017 324 views

Is there anything you don't like about being a firefighter?

I'm just curious about the side of firefighting we don't hear much about...

#firefighting

Cody L.’s Avatar
Cody L. Feb 15, 2017 333 views

How much money does a firefighter make?

I am interested in becoming a firefighter but wonder if I will need another job when I am not on shift....

#firefighting

Hailee D.’s Avatar
Hailee D. Oct 27, 2016 491 views

What kind of classes should in college if I want to succeed in being a Firefighter?

I am working towards my dream career and I don't know the specific classes I should take to prepare for that. #firefighting #emt...

#emergency-management