Career Questions tagged Firefighting

Alex S.’s Avatar
Alex S. Nov 12 41 views

What classes should I take to become a firefighter

Planning on becoming a firefighter but I don't know what classes I should take in college. Should I major in something else as a backup? Or do I just focus on firefighting? college...

firefighting

Hope A.’s Avatar
Hope A. Nov 03 37 views

What does a firefighter do?

I'm 13 years old...

firefighting

Alex S.’s Avatar
Alex S. Nov 02 35 views

What is the best way to becoming a firefighter

I'm a junior in high school, trying to find out how to become a firefighter....

firefighting

Britney G.’s Avatar
Britney G. Jun 24 84 views

What can I do to become a firefighter.

I'm about to go to the 11th grade and I'd like to become a firefighter. Is there anything I should really know? firefighting...

sports

Cordell T.’s Avatar
Cordell T. Nov 05, 2020 112 views

I am in 9th grade and I wanna know what careers and helpful next steps that fit the most

I like what police do and how they protect people and firefighters. They do what I like to do. policemen...

firefighting

Colby H.’s Avatar
Colby H. Oct 27, 2020 116 views

Is being a fire fighter fun to be on a daily basis

firefighting fun firefighter I was just wondering for the future because I do not want to be in a job that I would not like for a few years.I am concerned that if it can not be a fun job then why waste the training if I would not stick with the...

Colby H.’s Avatar
Colby H. Oct 27, 2020 172 views

What is the best education for a fire fighter

firefighter firefighting I want to go to college is a definite answer yes, but I am not exactly certain on wanting to become a fire fighter but I just want to know just in case I make the decision to become one, I just want to be 100% certain for my...

Alec S.’s Avatar
Alec S. Oct 26, 2020 114 views

What is the best route to becoming a fire fighter?

I like the idea of becoming a fire fighter and helping people and ping them safe. What is the best route to getting a fire fighter job as well and keeping that job? firefighting...

worker

Colby H.’s Avatar
Colby H. Oct 23, 2020 1002 views

What do you have to do to become a Fire Fighter

Hi I am in 12 grade and this career has been interesting me for a while.I have no definite plan on what to do after school and I am scared for my future especially because my brain is not set just on this career but I just need some clarification firefighter...

firefighting

James N.’s Avatar
James N. May 09, 2020 346 views

University or community college?

I am having trouble deciding what I want to do about education. University? Community college? Certifications? Should I even bother with college for wildland firefighting? college university firefighting wildland...

community-college

James N.’s Avatar
James N. Mar 21, 2020 316 views

Would a college education be necessary to work in wildland firefighting?

I have been accepted into Stephen F. Austin University but I'm not sure if I need to spend thousands of dollars on education. college college-advice college-bound education firefighting wildland-firefighting hot-shot...

school

Matthew H.’s Avatar
Matthew H. Jul 25, 2019 243 views

What things should I know about Wild Land Firefighting that is not in the book?

Any safety precautions that I should know or any helpful advice....

firefighting

Eduardo C.’s Avatar
Eduardo C. May 28, 2019 217 views
Daphne R.’s Avatar
Daphne R. Apr 05, 2018 404 views

I am interested in fire science. Are there any professionals willing to share their experience on how they became a firefighter?

My grandfather was chief fire inspector for the state of Hawaii. He was really good at what he did. I heard most of the stories from my father, who would tag along during the days of his youth. My father even regretted not going into the fire department. I've heard about the benefits in working...

fire-investigator department firefighting fire-fighter

Cheyenne P.’s Avatar
Cheyenne P. May 21, 2018 503 views

In what ways could I better prepare for law enforcement or fire academy?

I am preparing to go into both police and fire academy (one after the other). I have a degree in Criminology and have taken fire science courses at my college. I attend a weekly workout program through a local agency. Do you have any other suggestions on ways to prepare or different subjects to...

firefighting advice academy police fire-academy career police-academy law-enforcement

William G.’s Avatar
William G. Jan 19, 2018 450 views

Are emergency service based jobs worth it?

I am debating if I should do this, but the problem is, I don't know if it is worth getting into with the work hours and dangers. emergency-medicine hospital-and-health-care firefighting law-enforcement isitworthit...

should-i

Anthony D.’s Avatar
Anthony D. Oct 23, 2017 2780 views

Where and how can I job shadow a Firefighter?

I'd like to job shadow a firefighter because my dream goal for the future is to become one. firefighting firefighter...

fire