3
Updated 142 views

When would be a good time to take classes for a emt?

When would be a good age to start taking classes for an emt? I really want to be one and I’m already a junior firefighter working on getting first responder experience.

3

0

Jeffrey’s Answer

In High School, as soon as you can drive independently and safely. Be sure it doesn't interfere with school or social life. In a volunteer EMS system they'll be glad to see you. In a paid professional EMS system there may be some rules to meet. Check with your State Health Department EMS Division (on line).
0
0

Alyxandra’s Answer

While I haven't personally completed EMT courses, many of my friends have pursued them after earning their undergraduate degrees in biology or other sciences. Typically, they leverage their EMT experience to transition into careers in firefighting, law enforcement, or even the medical sector.
0
0

Eric’s Answer

It's fantastic to see you're already taking the initiative by gaining first responder experience. There's a wide array of classes available that can guide you towards earning your EMT certification. Some people begin this journey even before they finish high school, while others opt for courses at local community colleges. Regardless of your age, which you haven't mentioned, in my state, you need to be at least 18 to receive the certification. However, you're free to start attending classes even before that. Typically, it takes around 3-4 months to finish the coursework. Keep going, you're on the right track!
0