Career Questions tagged Emergency Medicine

James V.’s Avatar
James V. Jan 18, 2018 271 views

How hard is it to get into the EMT field?

I've always had a hard time getting interviews, how hard is it to get a job once you're a certified #emt? #emergency-medicine...

#medicine

Victoria N.’s Avatar
Victoria N. Mar 06, 2018 200 views

What is a typical day as a family physician?

#family-medicine #emergency-medicine I am asking because i am trying to decide on what specialty to go...

Ashley C.’s Avatar
Ashley C. Jan 24, 2018 316 views

How do I find more scholarships for College?

I am in Nursing school currently and am looking for ways to find more scholarships that I could possibly win. I have had a rough childhood and I am the first i my family to go to college. I am wondering how to find the right sites or keywords on ways to find scholarships that I could apply to....

#nursing #money #homeless #noparents #onlychild #foster-care #firstgenerationcollegestudent #girls #scholarships #emergency-medicine

William G.’s Avatar
William G. Jan 19, 2018 229 views

Are emergency service based jobs worth it?

I am debating if I should do this, but the problem is, I don't know if it is worth getting into with the work hours and dangers. #emergency-medicine #hospital-and-health-care #firefighting #law-enforcement #isitworthit...

#should-i

Claire L.’s Avatar
Claire L. Sep 01, 2017 377 views

What does it take to become an ER nurse?

I am interested in possibly becoming an er nurse but am curious if it involves more or less schooling than an RN #nurse #emergency-medicine #nursing...

#hospital-and-health-care

gisselle  E.’s Avatar
gisselle E. Oct 30, 2017 389 views
Nanccheh F.’s Avatar
Nanccheh F. May 22, 2016 1151 views

what is the most difficult task of being a nurse practitioner and a ER nurse?

I'm attending college this fall and I've had experience with nursing through volunteer work so I always thought the hardest thing would be getting attached to the patient and not in a weird way but mostly like in a nurturing way as you spend so much time with them so I wanted to know from a...

#medical #healthcare #nurse-majors #pre-med #nurse #hospital-and-health-care #doctor #icu-nurse #emergency-medicine

Rakesh S.’s Avatar
Rakesh S. Jun 24, 2016 555 views
Jocelyn Z.’s Avatar
Jocelyn Z. Oct 23, 2016 500 views

What are the best and worst parts of being a trauma nurse?

I want to know what to expect if I am going into this field. I feel like it's really emotionally and mentally taxing, and I don't know if I could hack it. #trauma-nursing #nurse #nursing...

#emergency-medicine

Jocelyn Z.’s Avatar
Jocelyn Z. Oct 23, 2016 368 views

If I want to go into trauma nursing, would going through the military prepare me more or should I just get my degree through college?

I'm not quite sure that I will be able to handle the emotional challenges that come with the job, so I was just wondering if it would prepare me better? #trauma-nursing #nurse #nursing #military-medic #military...

#emergency-medicine

Ariel M.’s Avatar
Ariel M. May 18, 2016 512 views

What's a good school to attend to become a trauma doctor

I am looking for a good school to attend so I can be a trauma Dr. a school with good medical courses and high ratings of getting jobs after college #college #doctor #healthcare #pre-med #hospital-and-health-care...

#emergency-medicine

Jess W.’s Avatar
Jess W. Apr 01, 2017 882 views

Two patients enter to seek treatment from you at the same time. One of them is rich, and the other is poor. Provide the different circumstances in which you would treat either patient first, and why.

While this question is probably answerable by those who are not in the medical profession, I think that perhaps those who are experienced would be able to provide me with a different perspective. #medicine #medical #medical-education #emergency-medicine #family-medicine #doctors-assistant...

#medical-practice

Madeline L.’s Avatar
Madeline L. Feb 14, 2017 450 views

What are factors to consider when looking at possible medical schools, as in what differentiates one program from another?

I plan to continue on to medical school to become a physician after receiving an undergraduate degree and am thinking ahead. #doctor #medicine #physician...

#emergency-medicine

Mikayla M.’s Avatar
Mikayla M. Feb 08, 2017 296 views

What kind of injuries do we get in the emergency room?

I would love to understand what types of injuries I might be facing if I get the chance to work in an emergency room at a hospital in the future. #healthcare #emergency-medicine #emergency-room...

#paramedic

Asma A.’s Avatar
Asma A. Jun 22, 2016 605 views
roniah H.’s Avatar
roniah H. May 26, 2016 401 views

What would be the best option; becoming a surgical technician first, then becoming an emergency physician's assistant or vice versa?

Im really stuck on either being surg tech or an emergnecy PA and after weighing my options i dont know which to choose from #pre-med #physician #emergency-medicine...

#surgical-assisting

roniah H.’s Avatar
roniah H. May 26, 2016 288 views

How closely related are Surgical Technicians and Emergency Physican's Assistant? and which college would be best if I wanted to pursue those career fields?

I have narrowed my career choices down to either becoming a surgical technician or an emergency physican's assistant but I cant make a choice because both seem to fit me perfectly? #college #medicine #emergency-medicine #surgical-assisting...

#pharmacy-technicians

Crystal G.’s Avatar
Crystal G. May 22, 2016 598 views

As a health care worker, when is a time you had difficulty setting your feeling aside and became emotional in front of a patient?

I will be attending nursing school this Fall, but have been thinking a lot about being in difficult situations with patients. Do nurses really become desensitized to tragic events? I know it can be difficult to witness and see death all throughout your career but is there any time that it is...

#healthcare #nursing #emergency-medicine #icu-nurse #medicine

Nanccheh F.’s Avatar
Nanccheh F. May 22, 2016 386 views

what is the typical or average day of an ER include??

I've always watched er shows and it seems like there pretty busy but to know from someone with a real experience is better to know #doctor #nursing...

#emergency-medicine

Brianna C.’s Avatar
Brianna C. May 21, 2016 427 views

What is the work environment for an Emergency Medicine doctor in Miami,Florida?

i dream to be a doctor in Emergency Medicine in Miami, Florida and i would love to know what the work environment is like. #doctor #medical #emergency-medicine...

#emergency-room

Michelle R.’s Avatar
Michelle R. May 20, 2016 489 views

How emotionally strong does a nurse or anyone in the medical field have to be?

I am a first year college student who wants to go into the medical field. I am aware that the medical field can be straining emotionally. However I am really curious as too how strong or "cold-blooded" I may have to be. #doctor #nurse #emergency-medicine...

#paramedic

Joscelyn O.’s Avatar
Joscelyn O. May 18, 2016 427 views

What can be a backup plan to an ER Trauma Doctor?

I love fast-paced jobs and being challenged, and I most definitely do not want to be stuck doing the same thing in the same place every single day. I love the medical field and I want to help others that cannot help themselves. That is why I chose my intended career path as an Emergency Room...

#medical #hospital #doctor #emergency-room #trauma-treatment #emergency-medicine

Ana G.’s Avatar
Ana G. May 06, 2016 1257 views

What is a good minor to have if majoring in nursing ?

I am majoring in nursing, was hoping to minor in something that will aid in my emergency room nursing career #college #career #nursing #major #college-minor #future #emergency-medicine...

#emergency-room