Career Questions tagged Pharmacists

Tracey Q.’s Avatar
Tracey Q. Apr 16, 2021 148 views

What are the steps to become a pharmacist or anesthesiologist?

Currently, I'm interested in becoming a pharmacist or anesthesiologist, but I'd like to know more about these careers. pharmacists...

anesthesiology

Kristian P.’s Avatar
Kristian P. Feb 25, 2021 181 views

Tips for choosing a good college?

I'm interested in becoming either a pharmacist or an anesthesiologist and I'm wondering what colleges would be best for either careers. medical doctor pharmacists pharmacist anesthesiologist anesthesiology...

medical-school

Kananelo M.’s Avatar
Kananelo M. Jan 18, 2021 185 views
Steven A.’s Avatar
Steven A. Aug 11, 2018 777 views

How hard is it to be Pharmacist?

I am attending college in less than a month and I'm majoring in Pharmacy. Is it hard? Is there any advice for me inorder for me to succeed. chemistry pharmacy pharmacist pharmacists pharmaceuticals...

experience

Laura W.’s Avatar
Laura W. May 23, 2018 411 views

Which companies are the best to work for as a Pharmacist?

I am currently a pharmacy tech and I am going back to school to become a pharmacist. I am also a single mother so flexibility in schedule is important to me? Which companies offer the best benefits and salary with flexibility in schedule? pharmacy pharmacists benefits flexibility...

singlemom

Ruby L.’s Avatar
Ruby L. May 14, 2018 604 views

Best pre-college volunteer options for aspiring pharmacists?

What can I do to volunteer in high school if possible and what school is best for this career option? I want my application to be as strong as possible for med school, and that includes any experience I can get before applying for colleges, but I don't know where I'd start, how I can do it and...

pharmaceuticals pharmacy pharmacists pharmacist medicine

Ruby L.’s Avatar
Ruby L. May 12, 2018 616 views

What high school / college courses are best for people wanting to go into Pharmaceuticals?

Hello! I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on which high school and or college courses could be best for me to take if I wanted to go into a career in pharmaceuticals, as next year I begin high school and want to make my chances as high as possible for getting into a good school...

Quynh Chau D.’s Avatar
Quynh Chau D. Oct 09, 2017 748 views

How did you prepare for Pharmacy schools, especially for the PCAT test?

I am a Chemistry major student and am interested in Pharmacy schools. I would like to find out which courses you take for pre-pharmacy and how you have prepared for the PCAT. PCAT pharmacist pharmacy graduate-school professional-training...

pharmacists

Kris M.’s Avatar
Kris M. Feb 08, 2017 462 views

Is being a doctor fun or not?

What you love or the fun about this job? pharmacists medicine...

healthcare

Amber H.’s Avatar
Amber H. Sep 01, 2017 761 views

What is the best way to plan my college schedule if I want to become a pharmacist?

I am asking this because I would love to become a pharmacist. I would like to know what classes that would help prepare me the best for my future classes. pharmaceuticals pharmacy pharmacist pharmacists medicine...

college

Aubrey D.’s Avatar
Aubrey D. May 21, 2016 1762 views

What are the pros and cons of working in the pharmaceutical industry?

I am trying to decide between a few different majors and I may want to be a pharmacist. pharmacy pharmacists pharmaceuticals pharmacist...

pharmaceutical-industry

Alexa D.’s Avatar
Alexa D. May 24, 2016 633 views

Will pharmacists get prescribing rights?

The prescribing rights have increased for both physician assistants and for nurses in the hospital setting. Today, pharmacists are still mostly confined to the pharmacy, and there are less pharmacists that are going from room to room and checking on patients. I believe that this will most...

hospital-and-health-care prescribing pharmacy rights pharmacists prescription healthcare

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Mar 19, 2017 878 views

What does someone in pharmaceuticals do on a daily basis?

I'm interested in pursuing a career in pharmaceuticals, but I'm not sure what their day-to-day tasks look like. pharmacy pharmacists pharmaceuticals pharmaceutical-industry clinical-pharmacy...

retail-pharmacy

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Jan 29, 2017 1199 views

What does a pharmacologist do?

I'm interested in entering the pharmaceutical field, specifically in research. I've heard that pharmacologists research new medicines, but I'm not sure about their specific job description. pharmacy pharmacists pharmaceuticals pharmacist...

pharmacology

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Jan 29, 2017 3556 views

What is the difference between pharmacology and a pharmacist's degree?

I'm thinking about joining the pharmaceutical field, but I'm not sure about which specific job I should pursue. pharmacy pharmacists pharmaceuticals pharmacist pharmaceutical-industry...

clinical-pharmacy

Alvin E.’s Avatar
Alvin E. Dec 02, 2016 719 views

What is the good path to follow to be a pharmacist?

Hello! I'm a student about to having is associated degree of science this fall. I would like to pursue a career in pharmacy. I've been told a lot but I want the advices of professional or maybe the experience of a professional. Thank you graduate-school pharmacy pharmacists pharmaceuticals...

pharmacist

Israt A.’s Avatar
Israt A. Oct 30, 2016 599 views

Are the golden days of pharmacy really over?

I've been interested in becoming a pharmacist for some time now, mostly based on my interest on Chemistry and help/communicating with others. However, there is a stigma forming about this career-- about how its "golden days" are over and it's not worth the effort, How accurate is this?...

retail-pharmacy pharmacy pharmacists

Megan G.’s Avatar
Megan G. Oct 30, 2016 638 views

Which do you find better when it comes to the pharmacy world, working in a research lab or a pharmacy in a drug store/hospital?

I have been accepted into a pre-pharmacy program and I am hoping to finish school with a Pharm-D. I feel that a research lab will be better for me because I want to help in finding things like the cure to cancer or the cure to Alzheimer's and I believe that the cure is in medicine. I want to...

research pharmacist medical-research pharmacy pharmacists laboratory medicine pharmd

Hannah W.’s Avatar
Hannah W. Oct 28, 2016 723 views

If you get a degree in Pharmacy, can you also conduct drug testing, manufacturing, and/or research?

I am interested in the range of things you can do with a Pharmaceutical degree, besides actually just working in a Pharmacy. pharmacy pharmacists...

pharmaceuticals

Jermaine W.’s Avatar
Jermaine W. Oct 26, 2016 628 views

Are you able to work towards college of pharmacy credits while in school for your bachelor's?

I am asking because I would like to be a pharmacist, and I know that there is a lot of schooling involved. I was wondering because I heard of pre-pharmacy tracks that could be done while getting your bachelor's. college-major pharmacists pharmaceuticals...

bachelors-degree

Allison S.’s Avatar
Allison S. Oct 21, 2016 921 views
Samantha L.’s Avatar
Samantha L. Oct 19, 2016 831 views

What are the main differences between a retail-pharamacist and a clinical-pharamacist?

I am interested in participating in the pharmaceutical field one day and was wondering if it would be better to work as a pharmacist in retail or clinic. pharmacy pharmacists pharmaceuticals pharmacist pharmaceutical-industry clinical-pharmacy...

retail-pharmacy

Samantha L.’s Avatar
Samantha L. Oct 19, 2016 919 views

What degree should I aim for in college to become a pharmacist?

I am a senior in high school who is interested in becoming a pharmacist one day. However, I do not know where to start in terms of choosing a college degree that suits the occupation. Any suggestions and answers are welcome. pharmacy pharmacists pharmaceuticals pharmacist...

retail-pharmacy

Krystal N.’s Avatar
Krystal N. Aug 19, 2016 657 views

Which career pharmacist , nurse practitioner, physician assistant , and nurse anesthetist will be high demand high pay in the future?

I'm thinking between pharmacist , nurse practitioner, physician assistant , and nurse anesthetist career options that will fit my lifestyle but I don't know which career will be in high demand . nurse job-search pharmacists job-market choosing-a-major...

demand-forecasting

Sharlene M.’s Avatar
Sharlene M. Aug 01, 2016 767 views

For someone who might become a pharmacist at some point could they start off with a bachelors in biology, or do they need to have a bachelors in biochemistry or macrobiology?

I am a rising sophomore in college and I may want to become a pharmacist at some point but I am currently unsure. Should I go for a biology major or should I aim for a biochemistry or macrobiology major? pharmacy pharmacists...

pharmaceuticals

Sharlene M.’s Avatar
Sharlene M. Jul 22, 2016 686 views

I'm considering going into the pharmaceutical business and I am also interested in environmental science what is the recommended pathway I should take in college?

I am a college student and I just wanted to get a better understanding of direction of I wanted to pursue something to do with the pharmaceutical business. pharmacists pharmaceuticals...

pharmaceutical-industry