Career Questions tagged Career Counseling

Career counseling offers insights into what professionals have done in their career, how they made their career choice, and what they have learned while doing it. For more information, please...

Dhruva S.’s Avatar
Dhruva S. Dec 27, 2020 80 views

I just need some help.

I am IT Engineering student in Gujarat, currently in 3rd year of my engineering. I want to make career in same field and want to study further in Germany. which course or stream is better for me to study in Germany ? #career-choice #career-counseling #student...

#career

Anil K.’s Avatar
Anil K. Dec 26, 2020 50 views

I want to make a career in Coding.

I want to make a career in coding and I have completed MBA but want to shift towards IT Field but I don't have any degree. So which course should I choose as a beginner for MCA/PG degree in CS in Up grad so that I get a entry level in IT as a Developer/Coder. #career-choice #career-counseling...

#career-path #career-advice

John Lloyd B.’s Avatar
John Lloyd B. Dec 26, 2020 116 views

I am good at writing, analyzing, and conceptualizing and I also love science, psychology, sky, and arts. What career do you think suits me?

I'm a senior high school student and right now, I am taking up STEM. I want to have now a specific career choice as I'll go to college but right now I am still in hesitation of my choices. Assessing myself, I realized that I am really good at writing, science, and planning things out. Aside...

#career-choice #writing #career #job #career-counseling #stem #highschool #career-development

Anil K.’s Avatar
Anil K. Dec 25, 2020 57 views

I want to make a career change

So I want to make a career change to the IT field as I am a fresher which course to choose MCA / Data Science/PG in Computer Science. Yes, I love to do coding but there are vast in the IT field it is very difficult for me to choose which 1 will be good for the future like networking, software...

#career-choice #career-counseling

Andy S.’s Avatar
Andy S. Dec 21, 2020 131 views
abraham R.’s Avatar
abraham R. Dec 07, 2020 67 views

Over Exercising

so i want to know if anything can happen i use to go to a gym that was a gym at a house not in a building and wanted to know if you are like 10 year old and over exercise because they use to push you hard and exercise there for hours and overtrain i heard that exercising too much increases...

#career-counseling

madison S.’s Avatar
madison S. Nov 28, 2020 146 views

What career is right for me?

I am a very kind and loving person. I believe the world can be a batter place with more loving people. I am open minded on whatever you think is right for me. I love to give back, give people love and care, and give someone a shoulder. I am also very creative and colorful. I am very hard headed...

#career #career-counseling

Owen T.’s Avatar
Owen T. Nov 18, 2020 105 views

Should I take up astronomy

I have been thinking about joining the STEM community through Astronomy and Physics as a future career. From what I have heard It is a very competitive and difficult career to get. Being a scientist has been a recurring passion. It wasn't until a few days ago I have actually considered...

#stem #astronomy #college #physics #career #career-counseling

Morgan L.’s Avatar
Morgan L. Oct 23, 2020 91 views

What is involved with running your own business? Is it the right option for me?

I'm a 12th grader looking to choose between the arts and sciences for her career, and one option I've been introduced to is freelance work as an artist, or being a small business owner. Is it really as glamorous as it sounds? How long does it take? Is it worth the potential risk?...

#smallbuisiness #art #freelance #career-counseling

Lysette R.’s Avatar
Lysette R. Oct 09, 2020 206 views

What are some Careers you would suggest for me?

Hi my name is Lysette and I've been struggling in find a suitable career for myself, I have really been drawn to language learning, and travel, but I am very creative and I don't want to do a career that is too technical such as an interpreter, I would like to do something that Is creative,...

#travel #career-path #korean #career-choice #medicine #career #career-counseling

angel C.’s Avatar
angel C. Oct 02, 2020 117 views

what is it like being a doctor

Earn a Medical Degree. Complete a Residency Program...Obtain Licensure..Get Certified to Advance Career. #doctor #doctor #doctor #doctor #doctor #doctor #doctor #career #career #career #career #career #career #career #career #career #career-choice #career-counseling #career-path...

#career-development

Zeporian C.’s Avatar
Zeporian C. Sep 18, 2020 233 views

What are good career options if I am interested in both writing and "using my creative mind"?

I am a sophomore in high school looking for career options that not only let me use my creative mind but also don't limit me from doing more than one thing in life. I don't know exactly what I want to do, however I do know I want it to make people smile. I'm interested in writing, traveling,...

#english #traveling #business #writing #career #high-school #career-counseling #media #creative

Emma B.’s Avatar
Emma B. Aug 31, 2020 446 views

Can someone recommend me a major to consider?

Hi everyone i'm applying to colleges right now am i'm having a hard time choosing a major. I like math and science but my natural strengths are in writing and public speaking. I would like to go to grad school after college but I also want a major that offers good career options right out of...

#majors #science #career-path #stem #career #math #career-counseling

Abigail O.’s Avatar
Abigail O. Aug 30, 2020 170 views

What is the difference between an assistant anesthesiologist and a fully-trained anesthesiologist?

I am curious about the differences between an assistant anesthesiologist and an anesthesiologist who went to medical school. What are the differences in day-to-day life? How much do you work with others? Do both do shift work? Is it possible to become an assistant anesthesiologist and then...

#doctor #anesthesiologist #medicine #career #career-counseling

Nikeia S.’s Avatar
Nikeia S. Aug 09, 2020 152 views

Nurse Scientist

I posted a question earlier about nursing vs. medical laboratory science as I have an interest in both careers. I stumbled over this profession when I searched if there was any way I could combine nursing and laboratory science/ research. What does the typical day of work look like for a nurse...

#scientist #nurse #career #nursescientist #career-counseling

Nikeia S.’s Avatar
Nikeia S. Aug 08, 2020 515 views

Nursing vs. Medical Laboratory Scientist

I have a BS in Biology and I’m looking to further my education. I’m currently in nursing school but I also have an interest in a career in laboratory science. What’s some advice for careers in nursing/medical laboratory science, and how do I know which career is for me? #career-counseling...

#career-paths #career-advice

Sunrise G.’s Avatar
Sunrise G. Aug 04, 2020 147 views

Is 2d animation dieing

I want to be a 2d animator and recently I have been seeing less and less of it (at least in the big name cpmpanies) and I was wondering if I still have a chance to pursue it #career-counseling #art #artist #animation...

#animator

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jul 31, 2020 270 views

For anyone who has made a successful career change, what were the most important things you had to do, or what advice would you give others looking to do the same?

I'm a current college student, so I haven't officially started my career yet, but I'm extremely anxious about doing so, especially now that the pandemic has changed life as we know it. I've changed my career aspirations several times already, but now I'm nearing graduation and I'm still...

#future #july #career-options #career-counseling #advice #career-switch #july20 #career-advice #college #career-change #college-student #career #career-changes #scholarship #graduation #career-switches #careers

Dilara S.’s Avatar
Dilara S. Jul 30, 2020 211 views

What's a career field that incorporates physics and computer science?

I'm a rising senior in high school and I am interested in physics, calculus, and computer science. I don't know what I want to do in college but I do want to double major. What are some careers that incorporate this? Is it a good idea to double major in physics and computer science? Or is there...

#majors #career-choice #physics #career #july #major #career-counseling #july20 #computerscience #math #choosing-a-major #college #careers #career-plan

Chantay T.’s Avatar
Chantay T. Jul 30, 2020 330 views

How do you know that the career you are pursuing, is the career that you actually want to pursue?

One of my biggest fears in life, is that I’m on the wrong track and that I won’t actually find out that I’m on the wrong track, until it’s the end of the road. At the moment I’m pursuing a degree in international business, but often feel like my heart is in digital communication and/or...

#july20 #career-path #career-choice #career #careers #career-counseling

Claudia G.’s Avatar
Claudia G. Jul 30, 2020 147 views

How do I know that majoring in Chemistry is right for me?

When I was a sophomore I took chemistry and I actually really liked it. Now going into my last year of high school I’m taking AP Chemistry and I hope it gives me an idea if Chemistry is the right fit for me. Learning about what chemistry is made me wonder so much about how so many things we...

#july20 #chemistry #majors #career-counseling

Stephanie L.’s Avatar
Stephanie L. Jul 26, 2020 240 views

I wanted to start a music career but not sure if I should continue right now

#career-counseling #career-development #career-path #music #asian I’m from Hong Kong and I want to study undergraduate program in US. Preparing for Toefl and DSE right now. I like music and wanted to make it as my career, but other than that I also want to study one extra subject in college....

#music-industry

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Jul 23, 2020 140 views

What is the Difference Between Software Consulting and Software Contracting?

The answers on the internet vary from forum to forum, job descriptions, and websites. I'd like to know what the difference between both of these jobs are, and what each role entails? #softwareengineering #career # #jobs...

#career-counseling

Racheal L.’s Avatar
Racheal L. Jul 21, 2020 246 views

How do I prepare myself for the job searching world after college while in college?

From what I understand, job searching is hard, time consuming, and takes a lot of emotional patience. Finding a job, applying to the job, waiting for an interview, having the interview, waiting for a response, getting the response, (if accepted) waiting till you start, (if rejected) restarting...

#first-job #jobs #july20 #job-search #career-paths #job #career-counseling

Racheal L.’s Avatar
Racheal L. Jul 21, 2020 234 views

How do I find the right career to aspire to?

Hello, I'm currently a Communication major, minoring in psychology. I don't know what what my career goal is at the moment. I'm really open with the options people have recommended for me but I don't know what would be the right fit for me. I can see myself in in many different job positions so...

#july20 #jobs #career-counseling #career-paths