Career Questions tagged Career Counseling

Career counseling offers insights into what professionals have done in their career, how they made their career choice, and what they have learned while doing it. For more information, please...

Morgan L.’s Avatar
Morgan L. Oct 23 22 views

What is involved with running your own business? Is it the right option for me?

I'm a 12th grader looking to choose between the arts and sciences for her career, and one option I've been introduced to is freelance work as an artist, or being a small business owner. Is it really as glamorous as it sounds? How long does it take? Is it worth the potential risk?...

#art #career-counseling #smallbuisiness #freelance

Lysette R.’s Avatar
Lysette R. Oct 09 119 views

What are some Careers you would suggest for me?

Hi my name is Lysette and I've been struggling in find a suitable career for myself, I have really been drawn to language learning, and travel, but I am very creative and I don't want to do a career that is too technical such as an interpreter, I would like to do something that Is creative,...

#career-path #korean #travel #career-choice #career-counseling #career #medicine

angel C.’s Avatar
angel C. Oct 02 55 views

what is it like being a doctor

Earn a Medical Degree. Complete a Residency Program...Obtain Licensure..Get Certified to Advance Career. #doctor #doctor #doctor #doctor #doctor #doctor #doctor #career #career #career #career #career #career #career #career #career #career-choice #career-counseling #career-path...

#career-development

Zeporian C.’s Avatar
Zeporian C. Sep 18 157 views

What are good career options if I am interested in both writing and "using my creative mind"?

I am a sophomore in high school looking for career options that not only let me use my creative mind but also don't limit me from doing more than one thing in life. I don't know exactly what I want to do, however I do know I want it to make people smile. I'm interested in writing, traveling,...

#media #high-school #writing #career-counseling #traveling #career #english #creative #business

Emma B.’s Avatar
Emma B. Aug 31 338 views

Can someone recommend me a major to consider?

Hi everyone i'm applying to colleges right now am i'm having a hard time choosing a major. I like math and science but my natural strengths are in writing and public speaking. I would like to go to grad school after college but I also want a major that offers good career options right out of...

#career-path #majors #math #science #stem #career #career-counseling

Abigail O.’s Avatar
Abigail O. Aug 30 127 views

What is the difference between an assistant anesthesiologist and a fully-trained anesthesiologist?

I am curious about the differences between an assistant anesthesiologist and an anesthesiologist who went to medical school. What are the differences in day-to-day life? How much do you work with others? Do both do shift work? Is it possible to become an assistant anesthesiologist and then...

#doctor #anesthesiologist #career #career-counseling #medicine

Nikeia S.’s Avatar
Nikeia S. Aug 09 118 views

Nurse Scientist

I posted a question earlier about nursing vs. medical laboratory science as I have an interest in both careers. I stumbled over this profession when I searched if there was any way I could combine nursing and laboratory science/ research. What does the typical day of work look like for a nurse...

#nurse #scientist #career #nursescientist #career-counseling

Nikeia S.’s Avatar
Nikeia S. Aug 08 236 views

Nursing vs. Medical Laboratory Scientist

I have a BS in Biology and I’m looking to further my education. I’m currently in nursing school but I also have an interest in a career in laboratory science. What’s some advice for careers in nursing/medical laboratory science, and how do I know which career is for me? #career-counseling...

#career-advice #career-paths

Sunrise G.’s Avatar
Sunrise G. Aug 04 116 views

Is 2d animation dieing

I want to be a 2d animator and recently I have been seeing less and less of it (at least in the big name cpmpanies) and I was wondering if I still have a chance to pursue it #career-counseling #art #artist #animation...

#animator

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jul 31 210 views

For anyone who has made a successful career change, what were the most important things you had to do, or what advice would you give others looking to do the same?

I'm a current college student, so I haven't officially started my career yet, but I'm extremely anxious about doing so, especially now that the pandemic has changed life as we know it. I've changed my career aspirations several times already, but now I'm nearing graduation and I'm still...

#career-changes #career-options #future #college #career-switches #career-counseling #advice #college-student #graduation #july #careers #career-switch #career-change #scholarship #july20 #career-advice #career

Dilara S.’s Avatar
Dilara S. Jul 30 167 views

What's a career field that incorporates physics and computer science?

I'm a rising senior in high school and I am interested in physics, calculus, and computer science. I don't know what I want to do in college but I do want to double major. What are some careers that incorporate this? Is it a good idea to double major in physics and computer science? Or is there...

#careers #july #college #career #career-plan #career-choice #career-counseling #physics #july20 #majors #major #math #computerscience #choosing-a-major

Chantay T.’s Avatar
Chantay T. Jul 30 240 views

How do you know that the career you are pursuing, is the career that you actually want to pursue?

One of my biggest fears in life, is that I’m on the wrong track and that I won’t actually find out that I’m on the wrong track, until it’s the end of the road. At the moment I’m pursuing a degree in international business, but often feel like my heart is in digital communication and/or...

#careers #career-path #july20 #career #career-choice #career-counseling

Claudia G.’s Avatar
Claudia G. Jul 30 113 views

How do I know that majoring in Chemistry is right for me?

When I was a sophomore I took chemistry and I actually really liked it. Now going into my last year of high school I’m taking AP Chemistry and I hope it gives me an idea if Chemistry is the right fit for me. Learning about what chemistry is made me wonder so much about how so many things we...

#chemistry #july20 #majors #career-counseling

Stephanie L.’s Avatar
Stephanie L. Jul 26 189 views

I wanted to start a music career but not sure if I should continue right now

#career-counseling #career-development #career-path #music #asian I’m from Hong Kong and I want to study undergraduate program in US. Preparing for Toefl and DSE right now. I like music and wanted to make it as my career, but other than that I also want to study one extra subject in college....

#music-industry

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Jul 23 112 views

What is the Difference Between Software Consulting and Software Contracting?

The answers on the internet vary from forum to forum, job descriptions, and websites. I'd like to know what the difference between both of these jobs are, and what each role entails? #softwareengineering #career # #jobs...

#career-counseling

Racheal L.’s Avatar
Racheal L. Jul 21 173 views

How do I prepare myself for the job searching world after college while in college?

From what I understand, job searching is hard, time consuming, and takes a lot of emotional patience. Finding a job, applying to the job, waiting for an interview, having the interview, waiting for a response, getting the response, (if accepted) waiting till you start, (if rejected) restarting...

#july20 #job-search #job #first-job #career-paths #jobs #career-counseling

Racheal L.’s Avatar
Racheal L. Jul 21 163 views

How do I find the right career to aspire to?

Hello, I'm currently a Communication major, minoring in psychology. I don't know what what my career goal is at the moment. I'm really open with the options people have recommended for me but I don't know what would be the right fit for me. I can see myself in in many different job positions so...

#jobs #july20 #career-counseling #career-paths

Racheal L.’s Avatar
Racheal L. Jul 21 226 views

How do I know I have found the right career?

When I ask people how they knew that their current career was the right one for them they usually answer with "you just know" or "I'm happy" or "it just feel right". In a general sense I understand that but since I have not experienced it I am questioning if the vagueness of *just knowing*....

#july20 #career-development #career-paths #job #career-finding #career-counseling

Brittany S.’s Avatar
Brittany S. Jul 20 134 views

What's the best advice you can give to help plan a career rather than just work to keep a job?

I have always envisioned myself having a successful career, except I don't know how to make a plan. I'm in college studying psychology and criminal justice and want to have a career that highlights both of these fields. How do I plan for my future? #career #success #career-counseling...

#career-path #psychology #future #motivation #career-plan #planning #happiness #advice #july20

Abigail O.’s Avatar
Abigail O. Jul 17 111 views

In general, what is it like to be an anesthesiologist?

I’m curious about what being an anesthesiologist or assistant anesthesiologist is actually like. What does an average day look like? What is the most exciting part of the job? What is the hardest part of the job? How much time do you spend working with other people? What was the college...

#july20 #healthcare #anesthesiologist #career-counseling #medicine

Abigail O.’s Avatar
Abigail O. Jul 17 119 views

What are the major differences between a PA and a doctor?

I am curious about the differences between a physician’s assistant and a typical doctor. What are the differences in training? What are the differences in day-to-day life? What traits are best to have for each job? For those who chose between the two, what helped you to make up your mind? I...

#july20 #doctor #career #career-counseling #medicine #pa

Wendy W.’s Avatar
Wendy W. Jul 17 105 views

Career Advice

As a university I have a lot of doubts about the future and the career I'll have after completing my undergrad. Does anyone have any advice about tuning people out and their opinions? Or ways that I can stand out compared to other applicants when applying for jobs or internships?...

#careers #july20 #career-counseling

Jeannetta G.’s Avatar
Jeannetta G. Jun 25 175 views

What jobs are offered in a doctors office

I currently work at a pharmacy but i really want to start working around doctors or something that’s a little closer to my career choice. I want to learn a grown in my medical career #doctor #medicine #healthcare #medical...

#career-counseling

Ramsey P.’s Avatar
Ramsey P. Jun 24 309 views

What career best suits my interests?

I enjoy administrative tasks such as office duties, budgeting, math, and providing explanations. I love to help people wherever and whenever I can. I have been trying to find a career that best suits my interest for years but nothing seems to stick. I will be starting college soon and I would...

#college-major #math #college #career #career-counseling

Celestial H.’s Avatar
Celestial H. Jun 23 234 views

Can I get a good and safe job at 17?

I really don't know what to ask. I've been searching for a decent and anxiety unnerving job for about a week. I have major anxiety but I work well with people. I am 17 years old and I am about to graduate this year. I turn 18 in, literally, five months. I want a job and I want to save up money...

#career-counseling #job #job-search