Career Questions tagged Career Counseling

Career counseling offers insights into what professionals have done in their career, how they made their career choice, and what they have learned while doing it. For more information, please...

Lost B.’s Avatar
Lost B. yesterday 55 views

Non binary in the workplace

I have been selected to hold a professional position at my former university. I have recently became aware that my soon to be director is very binary. His culture is extremely binary, which I had not considered before applying for the job. I honestly did not think that my gender or pronoun...

Kang L.’s Avatar
Kang L. Jun 23 82 views

Career you love that is risky or career you are neutral on that guarantees good money?

I love nature and want to pursue something related to environmental science or marine biology, however, I am currently planning to go into a tech career (computer science or computer engineering) because it guarantees a good salary and job security.

Kang L.’s Avatar
Kang L. Jun 21 137 views

How did you find a career that you love or passionate about?

As a student, I want to work in a career I enjoy but also one that I can make a good living out of.

Kimberly T.’s Avatar
Kimberly T. Jun 20 145 views

Can I have more than one career ?

I want to be more than one career and honestly want to know if it's possible to have multiple careers since it's a passion to continue helping people and animals.

Casey M.’s Avatar
Casey M. Jun 13 60 views

How can I stand out amongst other applicants without much research experience?

I am a college junior majoring in psychology.

Leviticus W.’s Avatar
Leviticus W. Jun 03 116 views

what is the best way to network with people in the industry

i don't really try to keep up with people that much. Most times I'm too caught up in my work.

Vincent K.’s Avatar
Vincent K. Jun 01 103 views

How to approach finding engineering work after ten years of only being hired for low-skill jobs?

Received master's degree in engineering ten years ago with excellent grades but I have never had a chance to work in the field. I've had to accept zero-education or associate's degree level work just to have any income at all, and I've worked two associates-level jobs for the past six years. I...

Freddie J.’s Avatar
Freddie J. May 31 92 views

How exactly should I choose a career in STEM?

Being in STEM is something that I would love to do however, I am not sure exactly what career I want. I know I want to do something that can help people, possibly work with machinery, and have a really good pay. I hate working in teams and I would rather meet up with people initially to...

Freddie J.’s Avatar
Freddie J. May 27 73 views

Is it better to do your undergrad in mechanical engineering and for grad school, focus on the actual career?

Hello, I am currently a junior and I am preparing for my major and the college that I want to be enrolled in. I am interested in being a part of STEM however I am not sure what I want to do exactly. Some of my career interests include aerospace, biotech, biomedical, nuclear engineer,...

Jasmilan K.’s Avatar
Jasmilan K. May 22 145 views

what's the best answer to "WHY SHOULD WE HIRE YOU?"

i applied for many jobs but i get stuck at interview when they ask why should we hire you please help me out with the best answer to impress the interviewer

CamRon G.’s Avatar
CamRon G. May 12 126 views

Can I become a gym teacher in less than 3 years?

I know you have to go to college, but what is the quickest way

Veronica B.’s Avatar
Veronica B. May 11 162 views

What marine biology jobs require a decent amount of diving?

Marine biologists don’t spend as much time in the water as I first believed and hoped. Which jobs do require a fair amount of diving? Also, is traveling usually a necessity?

Felix V.’s Avatar
Felix V. May 03 117 views

How can you start your career?

Sometimes to have a career you'll need to go to collage but in my case i don't want to go how can I start my career without having to go to collage?

sanaa B.’s Avatar
sanaa B. Apr 27 130 views

When it comes to psychology/ being a psychologist what is the best way to deal with other people's emotional baggage, or not letting what they tell you effect you personally

Personally I think It's harder to connect with someone without somewhat sympathizing with what they're saying; it takes a massive toll on my own emotional state and I want to get better at not letting that happen

Tony T.’s Avatar
Tony T. Apr 26 159 views

5 question about jobs

1. what is it like to be a business intelligence analysis
2. . what is it like to be a architect
3. . what is it like to be a teacher
4. how much money do you make
5. do make good realtionships where you work

Ashley C.’s Avatar
Ashley C. Apr 24 206 views

Is getting a Bachelors worth it before joining vet tech school?

I am debating if I want to get my associate's in science and then go straight into vet tech or wait a little longer until I get my bachelor's probably in biology.

Anita S.’s Avatar
Anita S. Apr 14 144 views

What should I accomplish junior year of high school in order to secure a good college?

I plan to be a first-gen grad in the U.S.- because of this, I don't know who to ask question about stuff like this. What should I try to accomplish my junior year?

Shaina T.’s Avatar
Shaina T. Apr 12 137 views

Do you think exploring all industries is a good choice?

Hello! I am still not sure if being a "project manager" is a good fit for me. Currently, I am open to trying out internships in different industries. I want a job that is flexible to work with. Should I pick one industry to explore or should I pick what's available for me? I would love to...

Elaine S.’s Avatar
Elaine S. Apr 04 157 views

What exactly is work study/How does it work?

I am an incoming freshman who is potentially going to UCSD in the fall of 2022(majoring in Computer Science). Even though my scholarships and financial aid covered everything for me, I still want to have back ups, like having a job or doing work study. Therefore, I want to know how does work...

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. Mar 24 152 views

How do you know if you can discuss an offer letter with someone?

If you receive an offer letter how do you know if are you allowed to review it with someone? If I want to ask the recruiter if I could share it with just my mentor to get advice on the offer is this professional? How should I phrase the question when asking?

Fatima C.’s Avatar
Fatima C. Feb 19 157 views

What should I look for in college in order to find narrow down a career choice in psychology?

#psychology #college #career #career-counseling #career-choice

Mahmoud I.’s Avatar
Mahmoud I. Feb 18 275 views

For people who have many interests in a lot of different career fields was it hard for you to pick a job, and did these interests help you in your job?

#job #career-choice #career-counseling #job-search #career

Mahmoud I.’s Avatar
Mahmoud I. Feb 16 188 views

I've always been interested in becoming an architect, but a lot of people on the internet has been saying that getting a degree in this field is the hardest degree a person could possibly get and that it wasn't as rewarding. Whether its salary, time, or the degree itself.

#career-counseling #architect #architecture #job #career

Jonathan V.’s Avatar
Jonathan V. Feb 04 190 views

How can I know what I want to do for my future job?

I'm still not sure what I want to do when I grow up. How can I explore more options? #job #career-choice #college-major #career-counseling #college

Kevin W.’s Avatar
Kevin W. Feb 03 364 views

What are some ways people use to find a path within engineering

#career #career-path #engineering #career-counseling

siomara M.’s Avatar
siomara M. Jan 29 173 views

How to shadow/network when you can't leave your house?

I'm stuck at home trying to figure out what career to choose. I know my interests and talents, (listed in my profile) but I can't pick something because I haven't had the chance to be hands-on to know what it's really like to be in that career rather than just googling information about it....

Shaina T.’s Avatar
Shaina T. Jan 26 191 views

How to not get overwhelmed with so much information?

I wanted to start my career in advance, honing skills and have adequate knowledge but it seems like when i try get into it. It branches out further. See, i want to try everything to see if its in my liking. #career, #career-counseling , #data, #overwhelmed

Crystal M.’s Avatar
Crystal M. Jan 11 264 views

What are some ways to make a principal look good, if you are in a support position? I read that is the purpose of many jobs.

#job
#career
#job-application
#career-counseling

Vanessa D.’s Avatar
Vanessa D. Dec 13, 2021 298 views

what are some ways that helped you discover what career you wanted to do?

I want to explore more careers #career-choice #career-counseling #career

Vanessa D.’s Avatar
Vanessa D. Dec 13, 2021 292 views

How do i know what career best fits me?

im a junior and i want to start thinking about what career I want to do. #career-choice #career #career-counseling