Career Questions tagged Career Counseling

Career counseling offers insights into what professionals have done in their career, how they made their career choice, and what they have learned while doing it. For more information, please...

Sunrise G.’s Avatar
Sunrise G. 21 hours ago 14 views

Is 2d animation dieing

I want to be a 2d animator and recently I have been seeing less and less of it (at least in the big name cpmpanies) and I was wondering if I still have a chance to pursue it #career-counseling #art #artist #animation...

#animator

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jul 31 41 views

For anyone who has made a successful career change, what were the most important things you had to do, or what advice would you give others looking to do the same?

I'm a current college student, so I haven't officially started my career yet, but I'm extremely anxious about doing so, especially now that the pandemic has changed life as we know it. I've changed my career aspirations several times already, but now I'm nearing graduation and I'm still...

#graduation #scholarship #future #career-change #advice #career-switch #college-student #career-options #career-switches #college #career #career-counseling #july20 #careers #career-changes #career-advice #july

Dilara S.’s Avatar
Dilara S. Jul 30 63 views

What's a career field that incorporates physics and computer science?

I'm a rising senior in high school and I am interested in physics, calculus, and computer science. I don't know what I want to do in college but I do want to double major. What are some careers that incorporate this? Is it a good idea to double major in physics and computer science? Or is there...

#college #majors #career #physics #career-choice #career-counseling #computerscience #careers #career-plan #july20 #math #choosing-a-major #july #major

Chantay T.’s Avatar
Chantay T. Jul 30 60 views

How do you know that the career you are pursuing, is the career that you actually want to pursue?

One of my biggest fears in life, is that I’m on the wrong track and that I won’t actually find out that I’m on the wrong track, until it’s the end of the road. At the moment I’m pursuing a degree in international business, but often feel like my heart is in digital communication and/or...

#july20 #career-counseling #careers #career #career-path #career-choice

Claudia G.’s Avatar
Claudia G. Jul 30 38 views

How do I know that majoring in Chemistry is right for me?

When I was a sophomore I took chemistry and I actually really liked it. Now going into my last year of high school I’m taking AP Chemistry and I hope it gives me an idea if Chemistry is the right fit for me. Learning about what chemistry is made me wonder so much about how so many things we...

#chemistry #career-counseling #majors #july20

Stephanie L.’s Avatar
Stephanie L. Jul 26 56 views

I wanted to start a music career but not sure if I should continue right now

#career-counseling #career-development #career-path #music #asian I’m from Hong Kong and I want to study undergraduate program in US. Preparing for Toefl and DSE right now. I like music and wanted to make it as my career, but other than that I also want to study one extra subject in college....

#music-industry

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Jul 23 43 views

What is the Difference Between Software Consulting and Software Contracting?

The answers on the internet vary from forum to forum, job descriptions, and websites. I'd like to know what the difference between both of these jobs are, and what each role entails? #softwareengineering #career # #jobs...

#career-counseling

Racheal L.’s Avatar
Racheal L. Jul 21 76 views

How do I prepare myself for the job searching world after college while in college?

From what I understand, job searching is hard, time consuming, and takes a lot of emotional patience. Finding a job, applying to the job, waiting for an interview, having the interview, waiting for a response, getting the response, (if accepted) waiting till you start, (if rejected) restarting...

#july20 #career-paths #job #first-job #jobs #career-counseling #job-search

Racheal L.’s Avatar
Racheal L. Jul 21 52 views

How do I find the right career to aspire to?

Hello, I'm currently a Communication major, minoring in psychology. I don't know what what my career goal is at the moment. I'm really open with the options people have recommended for me but I don't know what would be the right fit for me. I can see myself in in many different job positions so...

#career-paths #jobs #career-counseling #july20

Racheal L.’s Avatar
Racheal L. Jul 21 80 views

How do I know I have found the right career?

When I ask people how they knew that their current career was the right one for them they usually answer with "you just know" or "I'm happy" or "it just feel right". In a general sense I understand that but since I have not experienced it I am questioning if the vagueness of *just knowing*....

#july20 #career-paths #job #career-development #career-finding #career-counseling

Brittany S.’s Avatar
Brittany S. Jul 20 69 views

What's the best advice you can give to help plan a career rather than just work to keep a job?

I have always envisioned myself having a successful career, except I don't know how to make a plan. I'm in college studying psychology and criminal justice and want to have a career that highlights both of these fields. How do I plan for my future? #career #success #career-counseling...

#psychology #motivation #career-path #happiness #future #career-plan #july20 #advice #planning

Abigail O.’s Avatar
Abigail O. Jul 17 61 views

In general, what is it like to be an anesthesiologist?

I’m curious about what being an anesthesiologist or assistant anesthesiologist is actually like. What does an average day look like? What is the most exciting part of the job? What is the hardest part of the job? How much time do you spend working with other people? What was the college...

#anesthesiologist #healthcare #july20 #career-counseling #medicine

Abigail O.’s Avatar
Abigail O. Jul 17 45 views

What are the major differences between a PA and a doctor?

I am curious about the differences between a physician’s assistant and a typical doctor. What are the differences in training? What are the differences in day-to-day life? What traits are best to have for each job? For those who chose between the two, what helped you to make up your mind? I...

#pa #july20 #medicine #career #career-counseling #doctor

Wendy W.’s Avatar
Wendy W. Jul 17 38 views

Career Advice

As a university I have a lot of doubts about the future and the career I'll have after completing my undergrad. Does anyone have any advice about tuning people out and their opinions? Or ways that I can stand out compared to other applicants when applying for jobs or internships?...

#july20 #career-counseling #careers

Jeannetta G.’s Avatar
Jeannetta G. Jun 25 100 views

What jobs are offered in a doctors office

I currently work at a pharmacy but i really want to start working around doctors or something that’s a little closer to my career choice. I want to learn a grown in my medical career #doctor #medicine #healthcare #medical...

#career-counseling

Ramsey P.’s Avatar
Ramsey P. Jun 24 230 views

What career best suits my interests?

I enjoy administrative tasks such as office duties, budgeting, math, and providing explanations. I love to help people wherever and whenever I can. I have been trying to find a career that best suits my interest for years but nothing seems to stick. I will be starting college soon and I would...

#college-major #college #career #math #career-counseling

Celestial H.’s Avatar
Celestial H. Jun 23 165 views

Can I get a good and safe job at 17?

I really don't know what to ask. I've been searching for a decent and anxiety unnerving job for about a week. I have major anxiety but I work well with people. I am 17 years old and I am about to graduate this year. I turn 18 in, literally, five months. I want a job and I want to save up money...

#job-search #career-counseling #job

Lok Yin C.’s Avatar
Lok Yin C. May 06 95 views

Steps to become a landscape architect

I am interested in the job of landscape architect. While I don't acquire a design or architect relevant degree And I major in Urban Studies. Should I get a master degree of landscape architect or to work for relevant jobs? #architect #architecture #career #master #career-counseling #pathway...

#urbanism #urbanplanning #landscaprearchitect #environement

Derrick V.’s Avatar
Derrick V. Apr 29 91 views

What career do you recommend for a disabled veteran

What career do you recommend for a disabled Veteran...

#career-counseling

Rosario Q.’s Avatar
Rosario Q. Apr 29 361 views

How can i know what career is best for me

Im having trouble deciding what to do in the future #career #career #career-choice...

#career-counseling

ruchika R.’s Avatar
ruchika R. Apr 25 182 views
Paloma G.’s Avatar
Paloma G. Apr 24 160 views

How do you know you found the perfect career that suits you best and what can I do to make sure I found the perfect career for me? During a pandemic, would my decision be more what benefits me financially or what makes me happy?

Hello my name is Paloma and as of right now I am a sophomore in high school. I'm not too sure what I want to do or pursue as a career now that I am thinking of it. I will like to gain some knowledge and maybe advice as to how you knew and chose what you wanted to pursue. With so many choices...

#planning #college #career-choice #career-counseling

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Apr 21 559 views

Strengths and Weakness interview Question Help!!!!!!!!

I do not know how to Answer my strengths and weakness? I guess I really don't know it. Since it's the reason why I don't get a callback. How can I find my strengths and weakness? where do I start? #interviews #career #career-counseling #job...

#job-application

Stephanie R.’s Avatar
Stephanie R. Apr 21 213 views

How can i figure out what career would be right for me?

I'm a single mother of one, I'm 27 years old and about to enroll in college. I'm interested in human behavior, psychology, sociology, Physical health and the natural way the world works. My goal is to gain knowledge and pursue a career in something that involves my interests, also to be wealthy...

#career-choice #career-counseling #career

Charlene V.’s Avatar
Charlene V. Apr 16 84 views