Career Questions tagged Career Counseling

Career counseling offers insights into what professionals have done in their career, how they made their career choice, and what they have learned while doing it. For more information, please...

Nick’s Avatar
Nick Sep 29 39 views

What careers should I look into if I'm interested in chemistry especially forensic chemistry?

I've been interested in chemistry since I was a little kid because it gives me insight as to how the world really works on the molecular level. I like forensic because I get to solve challenging problems. Science and math are my best subjects at school and I enjoy tasks that require critical...

Victory’s Avatar
Victory Sep 28 75 views

What careers pay the most?

I would like to know so that I can force myself into the career.

Jenny’s Avatar
Jenny Sep 27 62 views

How should I choose my major in college?

I'm unsure as to what career I want to major in college, what is a good way of narrowing down the options?

Alexa’s Avatar
Alexa Sep 26 62 views

What do you think ?

What are tips to receive more scholarships? How can my resume stand out to gain more internships? Why are mentorships important? When is it the right time to change careers?

Kaylynn’s Avatar
Kaylynn Sep 20 88 views

Where are good places to go to school for sonography in Oklahoma?

I am leaving my current career and need some advice.

Selena’s Avatar
Selena Sep 19 89 views

what are 3 questions i should ask a student who are working to become CMAs

im a student who wants to become a CMA and i need some good questions to ask a student who is become a CMA but are more far a long then i would be

Caitlin’s Avatar
Caitlin Sep 17 75 views

What careers and college majors would you consider if these were your interests?

Not sure if it's the same for other high school students but mine has us focus on self-awareness and college prep as part of curriculum outside of working with our guidance counselors. It's part of my english class. Something we have been working on is an essay about our career interests. I am...

someone’s Avatar
someone Sep 08 157 views

what will I encounter?

what will I encounter in psychology as my major in college?
is it worth taking psychology?

Destinee’s Avatar
Destinee Sep 01 194 views

Trying to change careers

I have a degree in Neuroscience and a job history in the medical field (mostly administrative). I am really trying to shift gears into data analytics, but even entry-level positions require some experience. I have taken courses to build technical skills however most employers don't understand...

Bryan’s Avatar
Bryan Sep 01 129 views

What careers do you think relate to my interests?

Hi everyone, I did some self-reflection to think about my career interests and what to study in college. I’m a high school senior looking to combine interests in public policy, law, and computer science for social impact. Areas of social impact I am interested in are income inequality, health...

No Given Name’s Avatar
No Given Name Aug 16 220 views

What are the most effective strategies for seeking a position in Medical Administrative and Secretaries Assistant field ?

I am going to peruse Medical Administrative and Secretaries Assistant course.

Anthony’s Avatar
Anthony Aug 16 239 views

What are some good questions to ask in an informational interview for a career?

How is an informational interview different than a job interview and what must one do to prepare for an interview?

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Aug 05 168 views

Two questions on choosing a career and college/university.

I will graduate from a community college in Spring 2023 with an accounting degree. I plan on working for 2-3 years and then going back to school. I regret that I did not spend more time researching degrees, doing HS internships, or exploring different community colleges while in high school....

Oscar’s Avatar
Oscar Aug 03 242 views

Job seeker with lack of experience

I am applying for jobs and many of them require at least one or more years of experience. Is it worth it to apply even if I lack that experience?

Thank you!

max’s Avatar
max Aug 02 308 views

how to find my niche in welding ?

i want a career in welding, i've been trying to narrow down what niche area I am wanting to focus on and the one thing i come back to is rig welding, or working on heavy equipment. any suggestions for what i should look into or how one would get into those areas of welding.

Erica’s Avatar
Erica Aug 01 98 views

Does certification improve my chances of getting into my top school?

I have 10 non-credit certifications from accredited universities like Stanford University, Harvard and USC universities, but I'm quite confused if they're really significant on college applications.

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Jul 27 201 views

Work Parties: To do or not to do?

I tend towards being somewhat shy and introverted. I'm not a misanthrope, but I find long periods of human interaction draining. This fact is one of the main reasons that I avoided work parties at my old job. The other reason was because I did not like 50% of my coworkers, and the idea of...

Mariam’s Avatar
Mariam Jul 13 167 views

When deciding what job we want, should we opt for the one that pays more, or the one that you really want that pays little?

For example, I want to be a forensic scientist, but everyone is telling me that their salaries are too low so I shouldn't become one. So, I was thinking that instead, I could become a lawyer, but I don't feel that I would like it. I still have three years of high school left to decide what I...

Kang’s Avatar
Kang Jun 23 210 views

Career you love that is risky or career you are neutral on that guarantees good money?

I love nature and want to pursue something related to environmental science or marine biology, however, I am currently planning to go into a tech career (computer science or computer engineering) because it guarantees a good salary and job security.

Kang’s Avatar
Kang Jun 21 299 views

How did you find a career that you love or passionate about?

As a student, I want to work in a career I enjoy but also one that I can make a good living out of.

Kimberly’s Avatar
Kimberly Jun 20 241 views

Can I have more than one career ?

I want to be more than one career and honestly want to know if it's possible to have multiple careers since it's a passion to continue helping people and animals.

Casey’s Avatar
Casey Jun 13 107 views

How can I stand out amongst other applicants without much research experience?

I am a college junior majoring in psychology.

Leviticus’s Avatar
Leviticus Jun 03 235 views

what is the best way to network with people in the industry

i don't really try to keep up with people that much. Most times I'm too caught up in my work.

Vincent’s Avatar
Vincent Jun 01 268 views

How to approach finding engineering work after ten years of only being hired for low-skill jobs?

Received master's degree in engineering ten years ago with excellent grades but I have never had a chance to work in the field. I've had to accept zero-education or associate's degree level work just to have any income at all, and I've worked two associates-level jobs for the past six years. I...

Freddie’s Avatar
Freddie May 31 310 views

How exactly should I choose a career in STEM?

Being in STEM is something that I would love to do however, I am not sure exactly what career I want. I know I want to do something that can help people, possibly work with machinery, and have a really good pay. I hate working in teams and I would rather meet up with people initially to...

Freddie’s Avatar
Freddie May 27 267 views

Is it better to do your undergrad in mechanical engineering and for grad school, focus on the actual career?

Hello, I am currently a junior and I am preparing for my major and the college that I want to be enrolled in. I am interested in being a part of STEM however I am not sure what I want to do exactly. Some of my career interests include aerospace, biotech, biomedical, nuclear engineer,...

Jasmilan’s Avatar
Jasmilan May 22 348 views

what's the best answer to "WHY SHOULD WE HIRE YOU?"

i applied for many jobs but i get stuck at interview when they ask why should we hire you please help me out with the best answer to impress the interviewer

CamRon’s Avatar
CamRon May 12 178 views

Can I become a gym teacher in less than 3 years?

I know you have to go to college, but what is the quickest way

Veronica’s Avatar
Veronica May 11 319 views

What marine biology jobs require a decent amount of diving?

Marine biologists don’t spend as much time in the water as I first believed and hoped. Which jobs do require a fair amount of diving? Also, is traveling usually a necessity?

Felix’s Avatar
Felix May 03 269 views

How can you start your career?

Sometimes to have a career you'll need to go to collage but in my case i don't want to go how can I start my career without having to go to collage?