Career Questions tagged Career Counseling

Career counseling offers insights into what professionals have done in their career, how they made their career choice, and what they have learned while doing it. For more information, please...

bilquis F.’s Avatar
bilquis F. May 07, 2016 970 views

How do I become an IPS officer?

Ryan F.’s Avatar
Ryan F. May 15, 2016 659 views

Can you describe a day in the life of a forensic scientist?

I am preparing for a career in forensic science. #forensic #scientist #career #science #career...

#career-counseling

keerthana B.’s Avatar
keerthana B. May 06, 2016 1941 views

What are some advantages/disadvantages of being a neurologist?

Hai! I am keerthi. I am very interesting to becoming a brain doctor.But i have only heard about the positive aspects.I would like to know the positive as well as negative aspects of becoming a neurologist, like risks behind it #doctor #teaching #teacher #nursing #professor #neurology #career...

#medicine #science #career-counseling

Elizabeth M.’s Avatar
Elizabeth M. May 13, 2016 1384 views
Alexis W.’s Avatar
Alexis W. May 24, 2016 382 views

Is major league softball a growing career path?

Major league softball has 6 teams and I want to know if it's a growing career path #softball #athletics #sports #career...

#career-counseling

Maya G.’s Avatar
Maya G. May 24, 2016 492 views

How will I know of college is the right step for me?

In my family, I am apart of the first generation to attend college. Recently, I've gained some doubts about going to college, because most of my family is not supportive of me attending college. I have been accepted to my dream school and enrolled, but I don't know if I'll be able to continue...

#college-advice #career-counseling #college #people

Jennifer V.’s Avatar
Jennifer V. May 24, 2016 523 views

I am going to study to become a physical therapist assistant in MCC by september, there are a requirement that estate that the student must be in a temporary class before entering the PTA program, why ? Why is it mandatory?

The reason why I am asking it is because, the career is for four semester only, and by being in that program it could take precious time. I want to know ,why does the student have to be in the temporary program.? #physical-therapist #physical-therapy #medicine...

#career-counseling

Meagan T.’s Avatar
Meagan T. May 24, 2016 607 views

How hard will it be to become a physical therapist?

I'm in a special PT program where I will be 3 years in undergrad and 3 years in grad, will it be substantially harder to squeeze my major into 6 years? #physical-therapist #physical-therapy #healthcare...

#career-counseling

Maddy D.’s Avatar
Maddy D. May 25, 2016 388 views

How does one begin to specialize in a medical area of study?

I have a few medical topics that I'm more interested in studying than others. These might just be questions that I will have answered when I learn more in medical school, but topics like brain activity have a lot to offer in terms of research. If a person wants to begin specializing in a...

#healthcare #neuroscience #career-counseling #career-choice #medicine #hospital-and-health-care

Rachael  O.’s Avatar
Rachael O. May 21, 2016 298 views
Madelyn A.’s Avatar
Madelyn A. May 25, 2016 379 views
Jessie P.’s Avatar
Jessie P. May 20, 2016 481 views

What are some options for work as a Recreation Therapist?

This is my major and I'm interested in seeing where people work in this field! #therapy #recreation #therapeutic-recreation #physical-therapy #science #career #career-counseling...

#athletics

Sarahfina P.’s Avatar
Sarahfina P. May 20, 2016 349 views

As a scientist, how do you find a job that allows you to study the material, but pays well?

From what I've hear, the higher paying jobs are mostly paper pushing, or directing other research, not hands on work. #scientist #science #laboratory #career #career-counseling...

#higher-education

Joseph W.’s Avatar
Joseph W. May 20, 2016 426 views

How quickly after college did you locate viable employment in the Construction Management field?

I will be a college freshman on August 19, 2016. For as many years as I can recall, I have planned to be an Engineer. After several job shadows last summer, I am now unsure about being trapped at a desk for 40+ hours a week. I still have a propensity for math/engineering and that area of study....

#business #career-counseling #career #college #construction #construction-management

Sarah P.’s Avatar
Sarah P. May 20, 2016 371 views

As a physics major, how much do the classes I take now affect what I can do while working on a masters degree? If I major in chemistry and not computer science, could that make me ineligible for a project I would have otherwise wanted to work on?

I am majoring in physics and minoring in chemistry, and I am worried that I will not have enough engineering or computer science education by the time I graduate, since those two disciplines are tied so closely to physics. #college #computer-science #engineer #physics #college...

#career-counseling

Beatrice T.’s Avatar
Beatrice T. May 19, 2016 502 views

How do I become a successful model?

I would like to try it out #model #member-experience #career...

#career-counseling

Brian D.’s Avatar
Brian D. May 25, 2016 521 views

What is the field of Physics with the most overall job opportunities?

I'm majoring in physics and I still can't decide what field of physics I want to go into #physics #career #career-counseling...

#career-path

Daniel H.’s Avatar
Daniel H. May 26, 2016 410 views

How do you gain employment as a musician on a cruise ship and does it lead to other career options? Are the living conditions while on the ship worth enduring to potentially see the world while working?

I am going to school for bass guitar composition. I was told that cruise ships are one of the employers seeking musicians. I would love to travel before I settle down in one location and potentially get married or establish a career that does not involve travel. #professional #musician...

#music-performance #music #bass-guitar #career-counseling #career-path #music-industry

Kelly L.’s Avatar
Kelly L. May 18, 2016 371 views

What qualifications are you looking for in a newly graduate person?

Want to know for future reference, I like to hear from the professional side. #career-counseling #career #hiring...

Aliza T.’s Avatar
Aliza T. May 18, 2016 478 views

Going to school for Funeral Services/Mortuary how much would you spend in college expenses?

Applying for scholarships to help me through my 2 years which is all Mortuary takes and on campus living I have no help. #science #scholarships #scholarship #helping-people #mortician #career...

#career-counseling

Emmeline Jeane D.’s Avatar
Emmeline Jeane D. May 18, 2016 522 views

What's a Medical technologist job description? Is there a course in the medical field I can pursue if I finish a Medical technology course?

I was accepted at Seattle University under the pre-science department since I am undecided what major to take. I'm planning to take Medical Technology but I want to work in a hospital. Can somebody give me advise as to what course is best for me? #doctor #nursing #scientist #technologist...

#career-counseling #medicine #career #hospital-and-health-care

azra F.’s Avatar
azra F. May 18, 2016 664 views

How do I become an artist?

I'm interested in becoming an artist. #art #fine-art #career #career-counseling...

Tyra D.’s Avatar
Tyra D. May 18, 2016 279 views

Is it best to take time off in between undergrad and graduate school to pursue things like work or travel, or is it best to just take everything in one big breath?

I can see the positive and negative possibilities with both taking time off in between graduate and undergraduate schooling and I'd like an experienced opinion. #teacher #professor #student #advisor #career...

#career-counseling

Makenna F.’s Avatar
Makenna F. May 18, 2016 385 views

Are there reliable internships for dancers in college?

I'm a dancer, and I'll be majoring in Dance at Brigham Young University-Idaho #professional #experience #dance #performing-arts #dancing #career...

#career-counseling