Career Questions tagged Psychiatry

Sarah Amelia T.’s Avatar
Sarah Amelia T. May 29 97 views

Psychology major advice

Can you still become a clinical psychologist with a BA in Psychology? And are there specific psychology fields that don't require a PHD or PSYD? I'm interested in the field but I don't know if I want to spend 12 years in my life at school.

amanda M.’s Avatar
amanda M. May 16 123 views

What does it take to become a licensed Psychiatrists?

How much college and training does it take to become a licensed Psychiatrist? What type of work do you do as a psychiatrist? What is the best way to approach this type of work? should you have a compassionate heart. What are some things to look forward to in the career?

josie M.’s Avatar
josie M. May 16 143 views

Why did you choose to be a psychiatrist?

As much as i desire to help, I get stuck not understanding if the only thing i'm truly interested in is understanding the mind and how it works. Would i be able to thrive in a profession that deals with helping people more then just dealing with medical aspects?
Do you have any suggestions for me?

Niha S.’s Avatar
Niha S. May 05 102 views

I am currently doing BSc in Business Management and Information Systems. What are the possibilities of doing MD after? Read below.

I am doing Coursera courses and specializations. I am gaining as much knowledge as I can. I am planning on doing GRE chemistry and GRE psychology (as I want to go into psychiatry). I know it’s very hard but I am doing whatever I can. Any recommendations or anything at all (what do you think?)...

Yasmine M.’s Avatar
Yasmine M. Apr 29 135 views

How did you get into your current job? what is your story? did you know you wanted to do that? what was your struggle?

I just want to know your story and get a lesson or be inspired.

Manisha Verma V.’s Avatar
Manisha Verma V. Jan 20 156 views

I want to know the Psychaitrist,Psychologist and Neurologist all are same

#psychology #psychiatry #psychiatry #psychiatry #psychiatry #psychiatry

Christopher G.’s Avatar
Christopher G. Jan 05 172 views

Can you be a psychiatrist with schizophrenia.

I have schizophrenia but it's controlled and i take medicine for it.
#psychiatry

Dayna W.’s Avatar
Dayna W. Dec 16, 2021 244 views

What is the hardest part of being a Psychologist or Therapist? Why?

I am interested in being a therapist or psychologist or psychiatrist, but I am not sure what the downfalls of this field are. I have struggled with mental health problems and want to be able to help other people. #psychology #therapy #psychiatry

Ange Pacifique N.’s Avatar
Ange Pacifique N. Nov 02, 2021 129 views

How can one be sure of the career path they want to take.

#medecine #psychiatry

Keymari R.’s Avatar
Keymari R. Oct 26, 2021 166 views

What are some of the benefits you recieve from being a psychologist

#psychologist #psychiatry

Jolee M.’s Avatar
Jolee M. Oct 19, 2021 129 views

What other benefits come with an advancement being a psychologist?

I am looking into getting a higher up degree in psychology. #psychiatry #psychologist #psychology

josie E.’s Avatar
josie E. Oct 08, 2021 744 views

what different jobs can you get with a psychology degree?

#psychology #psychiatry #career-path #clinical-psychology #child-psychology

Andrew C.’s Avatar
Andrew C. Sep 28, 2021 159 views

Is there a specific degree I need to have to become a psychiatrist

#psychology #psychiatry #highschool

Andrew C.’s Avatar
Andrew C. Sep 28, 2021 180 views

What would put me on the right path to be a psychiatrist

#psychology #doctor #psychiatry #highschool

Paula C.’s Avatar
Paula C. Sep 16, 2021 226 views

What is the life of a clinical psychologist? And why are you still a clinical psychologist?

I am interested in the psychology field and to become a clinical psychologist . I've always wondered what my life will be after pursuing my future career job as a clinical psychologist.
#clinical-psychology #psychology #psychologist #psychiatry

Princess N.’s Avatar
Princess N. Aug 13, 2021 276 views

Best universities for Psychology student?

Where would you advise a psychology student to attend for their Master's in psychology? #psychology #master's program #psychiatry

maxie F.’s Avatar
maxie F. Jul 01, 2021 213 views

What are My Goals for The Future

my dream career is to be a behavioral analyst and work for the FBI’s behavioral analysts unit as a profiler #psychology #career-paths #psychiatry #period #career-counseling

Marc R.’s Avatar
Marc R. Jun 17, 2021 234 views

Should I work in psychology

I’m a extremely social person interested in psychology #psychology #psychiatry

Nicol C.’s Avatar
Nicol C. Feb 18, 2021 339 views

Can I take pre-req courses for psychiatry in community college, after I graduated with a psychology degree?

I will be graduating this year in June with a concentration in Psychology. However, I will be taking a gap year and build my resume. I would like to go to medical school to study psychiatry but I am well aware that I have not taken any science/math courses expect Pre-Cal and Stats. #psychiatry...

haya R.’s Avatar
haya R. Jan 31, 2021 488 views

I'm planning to study BA psychology. Is it possible to be a psychiatrist tho and how many years would it take considering I need to take an extra year of science? (Canada)

#psycology #canada # #psychiatrist # #professional # #psychiatry #arts

Paiton W.’s Avatar
Paiton W. Oct 29, 2020 215 views

Is it very difficult to become a psychiatrist?

#psychiatry

Kelsey R.’s Avatar
Kelsey R. Oct 27, 2020 265 views

I want to be a psychiatrist. Is it worth all of the schooling?

#psychiatrist #psychiatry #healthscience #counseling

Kelsey R.’s Avatar
Kelsey R. Oct 27, 2020 230 views

I am in 10th grade, thinking about becoming a psychiatrist. What are the pros and cons of being a psychiatrist?

#healthscience #psychiatry #psychiatrist

Kelsey R.’s Avatar
Kelsey R. Oct 27, 2020 744 views

I want to become a psychiatrist. What courses should I take in High school to prepare me for my future?

#psychiatrist #psychiatry

Kelsey R.’s Avatar
Kelsey R. Oct 23, 2020 219 views

I am in 10th grade and I am thinking of becoming a psychiatrist. What is the average day in the life of being a psychiatrist and what tasks are involved on a daily basis?

#psychiatrist #psychiatry #healthscience

Heather G.’s Avatar
Heather G. Oct 19, 2020 349 views

Are psychologists scared of their patients

Do you ever get scared of some psycho patients? #Psychologists

Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Jun 27, 2020 7521 views

What's the exact difference between a Psychologist, a Psychiatrist and a Neurologist?

I know the gist of the differences between a Psychiatrist and a Psychologist...but it would really help to know the exact differences {including average salary differences} between these three branches. #psychiatry #psychology #counseling #neuroscience #medical #doctor #medicine

Charlotte Y.’s Avatar
Charlotte Y. May 31, 2020 403 views

What does a psychologist do?

I going to be a junior in high school next year, and i a m planning on going into the medical field. I am interested in psychology, however I do not know too much about what exactly they do on a day to day basis, patients they deal with, etc. #psychology #medicine #medical #medicine #doctor...

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. May 15, 2020 316 views

What is the difference for a undergraduate psychology student between pursuing a master's degree, Psy D, & PhD?

I'm a current #college #degree #psychology #psychiatry undergraduate student studying neuroscience and psychology.

Maria E.’s Avatar
Maria E. May 11, 2020 574 views

Can't decide between psychiatrist or physical therapy

#psychology #psychiatry #medicine #premed #college #career #surgery #physical-therapy #counseling