Career questions tagged psychiatry

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Lux499 views

What does it take to become a psychiatrist?

Like for example, how many years of school is needed, what qualifications I'd need, ect.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Amber607 views

What is something that you realized while being a Psychiatrist in college?

What are somethings that you know about someone who is in the Psychiatrist feild of work? What are they doing now? How much money are they making if you know? How many jobs did they work while in college?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Italy369 views

What should be my steps heading to be a Child Psychiatrist?

For context, I am an upcoming freshman in college. I’ve chosen the major Psychology (BS)

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Brionna219 views

What are some colleges that someone who wants to study criminal psycology go?

I'm a 10th grade sudent who plans to go to college for criminal psychology but doesn't know what classes or what colleges to go to.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Heaven283 views

What are the drawbacks of being a Psychiatrist?

I'm looking into becoming a Psychiatrist and was wondering what the drawbacks are.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Heaven294 views

What are the first steps to becoming a psychiatrist?

I'm looking into becoming a psychiatrist and was wondering what steps I should take.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
courtney354 views

Is there anything a psychiatrist would tell someone interested in being a psychiatrist?

Is there anything that you wish someone had told you before you decided to become a psychiatrist? Is there anything that might potentially deter anyone from becoming a psychiatrist?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
sophie413 views

What do you need to major in to become a psychiatrist?

I've wanted to become a psychiatrist for a while now but I don't know how I would start. Would it be something like premed?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jayleen202 views

What are the negative effects of being a psychiatrist?

Are there any things that some people may regret after becoming a psychiatrist?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jayleen261 views

Can Being A Psychiatrist Put Your Safety At Risk?

I've been wanting to be a psychiatrist for a while now and I know that they work with people who might be potentially dangerous or might have real thoughts of committing suicide. Is being alone in a room with the person safe?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Katherine115 views

How long did education take for a psychiatric nurse?

How many years did you do before getting a job?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Eli213 views

What should I know as someone that's wants to be a psychiatrist ?

What is like being a psychiatrist? Is it a good paying job? What college did you attend to become e a psychiatrist? Do you enjoy your job? Is your job difficult?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
eva266 views

What is Psychiatry like?

Why or why not would you recommend psychiatry as a career? Is it worth it? What is working like? Is there any way to get rid of student debt for the future?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Deacon175 views

How rewarding do you find psychiatry as a job?

How do rewarding is psychiatry for the doctor? There is the aspect of helping others that can be incredibly rewarding to do, but what other parts of the job are rewarding or beneficial for both doctor and patient?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Deacon153 views

What should an aspiring psychiatrist expect college workloads to be like?

How intensive should I expect college classes and workloads to be, and how much would a doctorate cost?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Deacon563 views

What classes would you recommend and aspiring psychiatrist to take?

I am a 15 year old student of Spectrum High school who aspires to become a psychiatrist. What classes could I take now to better prepare myself for college?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ruby242 views

What skills do I need to be a psychiatrist and what education do I need?

Hello my name is Ruby, I live and Arizona and I would like to be a psychiatrist because I like listening to people and helping. I would like to now what skills and education I need? Is all the school worth it?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
priscilla245 views

What jobs can I get with my Bachelors in Psychology ?

I recently graduated and got my bachelors in psych, but i feel like finding a job in this field with this degree is a little difficult. I am open to anything except working with children. Can someone recommend something or give me advice? I don't like the feeling that im wasting my life away at such a young age, I want to start a new job so I can get my life rolling. And yes I know I would get more opportunity if I go to grad school, currently working on that for 2025

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
priscilla325 views

What's the best way to get a psychiatric tech job ?

What's the best way to get a psychiatric tech job? I've been going through indeed and applying to atrium, some apps. get as far as "under consideration/ interview pending" but then always end up getting turned down... I have all the certs I need, is there something I'm doing wrong? It can be a motivation killer getting those turned down emails.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Miranda148 views

What education do I need to be a psych technician ?

Hi I’m a student in Arizona and I am wondering what education I would need to be a psych technician. I find it really interesting and wanting to know what schooling I need to be a psych technician.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Caelum157 views

I have a few mental illnesses can I be a psychiatrist or psychologist?

I have a few mental illnesses and there's more I'm not diagnosed with. Can I become a psychiatrist or a psychologist, it's something I'm really interested in.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Adilay178 views

How involved in the treatment of patients are psychiatrists?

Do they simply diagnose and/or prescribe treatment? Or do they directly partake in the treatment process, too, like doing talk therapy? I'm looking into psychologists and psychiatrists and both are appealing to me, but I want to be able to be involved in the treatment and be able to aid in healing and/or coping of patients.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Adilay224 views

How does a psychologist compare and contrast to a psychiatrist?

I do know the education requirements and salaries are different, but what about the actual tasks? Can they both diagnose mental disorders or is that only the job of one? Can psychiatrists offer talk therapy in addition to medication, or do they just prescribe the meds? Which would be more direct in helping people through their mental illnesses?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Adilay121 views

What do people in the research area of psychology do?

I'm very heavily leaning towards pursuing a career in psychology, but I'm still exploring options within the field. What would a job in researching/conducting studies in psychology potentially look like?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Adilay221 views

what should i consider before going into a career in psychology, especially in dealing with mental health?

Salary? Specific difficulties? Pros/cons?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Adilay249 views

Is psychology a financially secure career choice?

What kinds of careers in psychology, if any, might be more likely to have issues with financial security? Why?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Britney360 views

What are the steps to become a psychiatrist after high school?

Right now I think I should to major in neuroscience, and then apply to med school. However Im not sure if thats the best way to go to ensure I get my PHD in psychiatry and then become a Psychiatrist. Honestly I am lost and would love some help going over the process/steps.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Abigail145 views

What should I know about being a therapist or psychiatrist

I’m 16, I’ve wanted to be a therapist since I was 11. After having therapy myself I wanted to be able to help people like that. Know that even if they’re going through thought times I’m someone they can lean on. Even if they have no friends I would be there.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Cam222 views

What is life as a psychiatric student studying to be a psychiatrist?

How long does school take? Is it worth it? Do you make money while you are in school? How much will you make fresh out of college?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Su564 views

Is being a Psychiatrist worth the 12 year wait?

In the future, I am hoping to become a psychiatrist, however I was wondering If it is worth studying around 12 years for. I am highly interested in the psychology and medical field, and know that it pays pretty well. But I've also heard that it is a pretty stressful job and the education is costly. So is it worth it?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon