Career Questions tagged Psychiatry

Rylee S.’s Avatar
Rylee S. May 13, 2016 418 views

Do you need business experience to start a private practice?

I plan to go to medical school and become a psychiatrist with a private practice. I'd like to avoid a double major in business if I can, but I don't know how to gain business experience in any other way. #doctor #psychiatry #psychiatrist #business #doctor...

#hospital-and-health-care

La'Nyah M.’s Avatar
La'Nyah M. May 05, 2016 411 views

How long do I have to stay in school to be a psychiatrist? Also what should I major in?

I am asking because I get a different answer every time I ask someone. I have about two more years until I get to college but I want to know ahead of time. #medical-school #psychiatry #medical #science #hospital-and-health-care #hospitals...

La'Nyah M.’s Avatar
La'Nyah M. May 05, 2016 743 views

Where is the best place to live as a psychiatrist?

When I get older, I want to move somewhere where there is less competition and a low cost of living? #college #career #psychology #healthcare...

#psychiatry

Jian sheng L.’s Avatar
Jian sheng L. May 13, 2016 1421 views

If I want to become a psychiatrist, should I major in biology in college with the pre-med track or psychology with the pre-med track?

I want to become either a clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist. I know that to become a clinical psychologist you don't have to go to medical school but to become a psychiatrist you do have to attend medical school. Is it better for me to major in psychology or biology if I want to get into...

#psychiatry #medical #clinical-psychology #psychiatrists #doctor

Jian sheng L.’s Avatar
Jian sheng L. May 13, 2016 415 views

How long does it take me to reach my doctorate degree in psychology? Is it benefical for me to get a Psy. D in psychology or a Ph. D in psychology at the end? Should I double major biology and psychology in college to give myself an edge when applying t

I am going to attend stony brook university in the coming fall to major in psychology. My career aspiration is to become a psychologist or a psychiatrist so I can help people with mental disorders. I don't know whether or not if I should double major psychology and biology or chemistry in...

#clinical #psychiatry #psychologist

Rylee S.’s Avatar
Rylee S. May 13, 2016 375 views

How does a psychiatrist connect to more clients?

I plan to start a private practice, but of course I'll need patients to be successful. What's the best way to find them? #doctor #psychology...

#psychiatry

Shelby G.’s Avatar
Shelby G. May 09, 2016 463 views

Is a career in psychology likely to be successful, and if so, is there a need for it in today's medical field?

Im consudering psychology as a backup after a career in law. Woukd like to be a psychiatrist with doctorate degree if law path doesnt work out #psychiatry...

#mental-health

Anisa M.’s Avatar
Anisa M. May 07, 2016 432 views
Anisa M.’s Avatar
Anisa M. May 07, 2016 452 views

What does a psychologist do everyday?

I'm considering a career in psychology and I want to know more about it #medicine #psychology #social #psychiatry #criminal #social-skills...

#family-services

Chantz T.’s Avatar
Chantz T. May 07, 2016 427 views

How strenuous is it to balance Psychology major coursework and a social life while living on campus?

While I'm very focused on my major, I don't want to let my social life distract me from my path. #psychology...

#psychiatry

Chantz T.’s Avatar
Chantz T. May 07, 2016 434 views

Are there any ways to get a secure entry level job in Psychology immediately after college?

I love psychology, but I am still worried about my financial future in terms of supporting myself and earning a graduate degree at the same time. #psychology...

#psychiatry

jaileen R.’s Avatar
jaileen R. Apr 13, 2016 794 views

what are some of the problems you faced when becoming a psychiatrist?

I am thinking about being a psychiatrist but am wondering if it will change the way I live my life drastically. #psychology #medical #psychiatry #lifestyle #psychologist...

#psychiatrist

Kamila C.’s Avatar
Kamila C. Apr 13, 2016 673 views

If I wanted to pursue a career in psychiatry, what type of high school internships should I participate in?

Hi, I am a sophomore from Boston Collegiate Charter School. I am really interested in being a psychiatrist but I am not sure how to get myself out there to begin networking now. My school participates in a 2-week internship as part of our graduation requirements, and I interested in securing a...

#pyschology #psychiatry #college

Alzaria T.’s Avatar
Alzaria T. Apr 13, 2016 1049 views

How does being a psychiatrist impact your life outside of work?

My name is Allie and I'm a sophomore in high school. I've taken many personality tests that have told me that I should follow a career path that includes psychology, psychiatry, or therapy. These fields have interested me, yet I am concerned about the emotional toll that it may take on me. I'm...

#pyschology #psychiatry #therapists

Ashley E.’s Avatar
Ashley E. Mar 03, 2016 536 views

What background do I need to go into the Child Psychiatry field?

I am currently a senior in high school and I know for sure that I want to go into childcare and medicine in college but I wanted to know what kind of requirements I would need for child psychiatry.What classes in college would best prepare me to go into this field? #medicine...

#psychiatry

Rama ..’s Avatar
Rama .. Sep 02, 2015 1988 views

What are the different areas of Psychiatry?

I am thinking of going into Psychiatry but I don't know much about the different parts of it. Is there Psychiatry with a special focus on children? Can someone list the different areas of Psychiatry I could focus on? And if you are a Psychiatrist, do you have a specific focus (environment,...

#psychiatry #science #psychology

Rob J.’s Avatar
Rob J. Jun 04, 2015 745 views

How long does it take to become a psychiatrist, and what are the steps to having a career in medicine? What is the best major to take in order to prepare you for the MCAT?

I will be a freshman at UC Davis this fall and intend to pursue a career in medicine. I currently have sociology as a major, but intend to switch to biology since it will help me in the MCAT. I am not sure if this is the best decision to take. #college #doctor #medicine #biology #majors...

#psychiatry

Rama ..’s Avatar
Rama .. Apr 29, 2014 2305 views

Is there a job that mixes psychology with medicine?

Hi, I'm a sophomore in high school. I'm interested in both psychology and medicine, and I was wondering if there was a job that combines these two fields. I heard that being a pharmacist is a good combination of both. What other jobs have aspects from both fields? #medicine #psychology...

#pharmacist #psychiatry #medical

Gilda B.’s Avatar
Gilda B. Apr 09, 2014 811 views

How quick was it to find a career within the last day semester and the ending of your college career? Bachelors or Masters

I was thinking about this career because it had to do with studying the people and their behavior. It had to do with studying people in general, but I heard finding a career in this field is difficult. #psychology #clinical-psychology #psychiatry #social-psychology #psychotherapy...

#moral-psychology

Anaidys  U.’s Avatar
Anaidys U. Apr 08, 2014 712 views

What is the difference between a psychologist and psychiatrist in terms of what they are able to do in their field and the degrees they need to earn before they can practice?

I'm a junior in high school genuinely interested in the study of the mind and helping people, specifically children. I just can't really wrap my mind around what's the difference between these two titles. #psychology #psychiatry...

#children

Michael R.’s Avatar
Michael R. Apr 08, 2014 717 views

What is an appropriate career path for someone interested in both Psychological research and counseling/other therapeutic responsibilities?

I have always been interested by the motives behind our actions. It is fascinating to be able to dive into what makes us tick. Through Psychological research I hope to help those around me who must face life's many obstacles and ultimately make new connections with people I would have never met...

#psychiatry #clinical-psychology #psychology

Rianne E.’s Avatar
Rianne E. Apr 08, 2014 873 views

How much do people that want to become a therapist or psychiatrist make fresh out of college? or how would my income look like?

I love studying the brain and I also want to have a realistic point of view of the money I would make. I am a junior in high school #therapy #psychiatry...

#income

Gregory B.’s Avatar
Gregory B. Mar 28, 2014 692 views

Psychology Requirements

What are the requirements for a psychology major? #psychology #psychiatry...

#psychometrics

Gregory B.’s Avatar
Gregory B. Mar 28, 2014 1009 views

Day In the Life a psychology major

What is the day in the life of a psychology major required occupation? I am interested in studying the brain and human behavior in order to benefit the world and my understanding of it and how I think and why, but I want to know more about how a day is like in these professions first from...

#psychotherapy #psychometrics #psychiatry #psychology

Kiana D.’s Avatar
Kiana D. Dec 04, 2013 2089 views

Should I go into Psychology or Psychiatry?

I want to major in Psychology, but I want to get my Ph.D. Should I switch to Psychiatry? #psychology...

#psychiatry

Jessica .’s Avatar
Jessica . Apr 10, 2013 3601 views

Do psychiatrists provide therapy or do they only prescribe drugs?

I was wondering if I should try and become a psychiatrist or clinical psychologist and wanted to know whether psychiatrists offer therapy as a clinical psychologist would? #psychiatry...

#clinical-psychologist

Jessica .’s Avatar
Jessica . Apr 10, 2013 748 views

Can psychiatrists treat patients without having to use drugs?

I know psychiatrists are able to prescribe drugs to patients and I wanted to know if they are able to treat patients in other ways besides drugs yet still keep this ability?...

#psychiatry

DomoniqueE_af13 .’s Avatar
DomoniqueE_af13 . Mar 27, 2013 796 views

finding a job

How difficult is it to find a job as a psyciatrist...

#psychiatry

DomoniqueE_af13 .’s Avatar
DomoniqueE_af13 . Mar 27, 2013 813 views

pay between psycologist and psyciatrist differ

What is the difference in pay between a psyciatrist and an psycologist?...

#psychiatry

AaliyaCodman1 .’s Avatar
AaliyaCodman1 . Sep 07, 2012 4742 views