Career Questions tagged Mental Health Counseling

Bernae G.’s Avatar
Bernae G. May 24 88 views

How do you enter the Mental Health field? What are the obstacles and hardships needed to be overcome?

I am debating whether or not to become a psychologist or any career path in the mental health field. My goal is to help Pw/BPD. mental-health...

mental-health-counseling

Briana M.’s Avatar
Briana M. Mar 24 188 views

Do you have any advice for someone entering the mental health industry as an undergraduate?

Hello there. I am looking to enter into the mental health field and was looking for any advice or shared experiences you might have. I am currently trying to receive my A.A. and then transfer to my desired university for Psychology. mental-health...

mental-health-counseling

Allison R.’s Avatar
Allison R. Dec 08, 2020 241 views

What are you favorite coping mechanisms for anxiety?

I am a soon to be college undergraduate - graduate! I am majoring in Psychology at CSUMB. I am very interested in cognitive neuroscience, clinical psychology, and forensic psychology. I have aspirations to get my Masters degree as well as a PhD. mental-health-counseling...

psychologydegree

Tiffiny L.’s Avatar
Tiffiny L. Nov 19, 2020 351 views

What is a good way for undergraduates to gain experience in therapy or mental health counseling?

I'm interested in pursuing a career in therapy or mental health counseling, perhaps in schools, but want to know what the experience is like before applying for graduate school in these areas. health mental-health-counseling...

mental-health

Morgan E.’s Avatar
Morgan E. Oct 31, 2020 1209 views

What does a typical day look like now for a mental health counselor?

I'm interested in becoming a mental health counselor and I want to know more from experienced counselors. mental-health counselor health therapists...

mental-health-counseling

Hailey D.’s Avatar
Hailey D. Oct 24, 2020 169 views

What types of mental health counselors and therapists are there?

I want to be a therapist and help people with their mental health. I'm good at communicating and I'm emotionally intelligent. mental-health-counseling mental-health public-health hospital-and-health-care health...

Inderjeet Singh’s Avatar
Inderjeet S. Jul 29, 2020 167 views
Lauren Z.’s Avatar
Lauren Z. Jul 19, 2020 190 views

Which major is easier to apply PhD for international students, clinical psychology or mental health nursing?

I have a B.S. in Nursing and Psychology, and a M.S. in Neuroscience. I want to do a clinical expertise in mental health. And I think these two majors are helpful for me to achieve my goal. I know it's tough for international students to apply this year. I hope you guys could give me any...

hospital-and-health-care july20 mental-health-counseling clinical

Camryn C.’s Avatar
Camryn C. Aug 14, 2018 327 views

What would be a beneficial minor next to a psychology major?

I want to be a child psychologist one day, but some schools I plan to apply for require a minor. I want to be able to help individuals and have thought about opening a mental health store. This makes me wonder if business might be a good minor. university psychology majors-and-minors...

mental-health-counseling

April W.’s Avatar
April W. Mar 20, 2018 269 views

What are appropriate steps that future counselors should take when working with clients online?

With social media and other online resources being on the rise, if a client prefers online-counseling versus counseling that is face-to-face, what steps should a counselor take in order to establish a professional client-counselor relationship that is online? mental-health-counseling...

counseling career

Kinley W.’s Avatar
Kinley W. Apr 16, 2018 479 views
Kinley W.’s Avatar
Kinley W. Apr 16, 2018 502 views
Clifford Khent C.’s Avatar
Clifford Khent C. Mar 06, 2018 589 views

If I want to become a Clinical Psychologist, what can I do early on in order to get my foot in the door?

Currently, I work as a Behavioral Therapist. Would this be a good way to get my foot into the clinical aspect of the psychology field? clinicalpsychology psychology...

mental-health-counseling

Danielle D.’s Avatar
Danielle D. Oct 12, 2017 1194 views
Sharon G.’s Avatar
Sharon G. Sep 02, 2017 531 views

If I major in research and experimental psychology would I be able to create psychological programs (international, local, etc.)?

I was told I could be able to create psychological programs, for example a program for children suffering from ptsd, but was not told specifically what to study or how to do so. I would truly like to have this a future career option and would like to know how I would be able to achieve it....

mental-health-counseling psychology college-major career

Clear X.’s Avatar
Clear X. Apr 25, 2017 1001 views

Need career guidance for a counseling career

I am a currently a sophomore marketing major. My own experience with mental health makes me want to inspire others and help them live happily. I hope to apply for mental health counseling, family and relationship therapist, social work master (even to a phd counseling psychology.) My...

counseling social-work education life-coach career-counseling psychology mental-health-counseling career

Estela G.’s Avatar
Estela G. Feb 23, 2017 1053 views

What do I need in order to be a mental health counselor? Degree? Steps?

I am interested in this career because I like socializing with people as well as advising others when needed. Additionally I chose to focus on mental health because it has always interested me. mental-health...

mental-health-counseling

Madeline L.’s Avatar
Madeline L. Feb 14, 2017 1938 views
Rachel B.’s Avatar
Rachel B. Jan 29, 2017 706 views
Shakera C.’s Avatar
Shakera C. Jan 21, 2017 781 views

is social work worth it?

Im currently a junior in high school and i want a career in Mental Heath social work for kids specifically but any age is fine. I curious how i should go about it with colleges. Also if its worth it, i understand that the pay isnt he best but is the personal satisfaction enough? Im thinking od...

college social-work mental-health social mental-health-counseling