Career Questions tagged Elementary Education

julia P.’s Avatar
julia P. Nov 05 22 views

How long will it take to become an slp?

I want to teach elementary kids pronunciation and how to work passed lisps....

#elementary-education

Angie W.’s Avatar
Angie W. Oct 23 33 views

How do you keep the attention of little kids/what activities and techniques have you discovered work well?

I am a high school senior looking to perfect my pathway for the future. I am accepted into Cedarville University in southern Ohio, and I plan to to major in Early Childhood Education. After college, I plan to become a teacher for a grade level between kindergarten and 5th grade....

#highschool-senior #cedarville #college #teaching #teacher #elementary-education

Angie W.’s Avatar
Angie W. Oct 23 48 views

How do you manage misbehaving children?

Angie W.’s Avatar
Angie W. Oct 23 35 views

How would you describe your classroom management structure?

#highschool-senior #cedarville #college #classroom #teaching #teacher #elementary-education

Angie W.’s Avatar
Angie W. Oct 23 52 views

What is something that you know now that you wish you knew before/during college?

Angie W.’s Avatar
Angie W. Oct 23 49 views

What is the most difficult part about being an elementary school teacher?

#teaching #cedarville #teacher #elementary-education

Angie W.’s Avatar
Angie W. Oct 23 38 views

Is it recommended to go to college and obtain a bachelor's degree or a master's degree when becoming an elementary school teacher?

#master #cedarville #highschool-senior #bachelor #teacher #elementary-education

Anastasia H.’s Avatar
Anastasia H. Sep 08, 2019 135 views
Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. May 09, 2018 229 views

Would I be better off taking a student teaching position over the summer, or babysitting and continuing my other not school major related job for an Elementary Education Major?

I applied for a student teaching summer position with the local school district, when a former employer offered me a position to Baby sit their 3 children over the summer. I will be entering my Junior Year in College, and while I would like to get some good experiences on my resume, the...

#resume-building #education #elementary-education

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 18, 2018 269 views

Best colleges for elementary education majors?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#college-major #teacher #education #elementary-education

Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. May 09, 2018 219 views

#resume-building #elementary-education

Hannah E.’s Avatar
Hannah E. Jan 23, 2018 284 views
Divine B.’s Avatar
Divine B. Jan 21, 2018 433 views

As a educator, how do you make sure to effectively communicate to each student?

I know all students learn differently, especially students with special needs. For future reference I am curious as to how does one make sure that you communicate effectively with each student, so that they all learn and understand. #special-education #being-an-elementary-teacher...

#education #elementary-education

Divine B.’s Avatar
Divine B. Jan 21, 2018 192 views

Are there any classes that a teacher would recommend that a prospective teacher take?

I am asking because as a student we have a list of classes that we should take as education majors to graduate, but I always wonder if there are any classes that a future educator should take that is not in the set list of classes that students take. Classes that would help out even more in...

#special-education #elementary-education #being-an-elementary-teacher #primary-education

Delaini N.’s Avatar
Delaini N. Jan 20, 2018 341 views

What are some effective ways to study if you are a hands on learner?

I struggle to find effective ways for me to study and remember the material. #iwannastudybetter #elementary-education...

#being-an-elementary-teacher

Sarah H.’s Avatar
Sarah H. Jan 18, 2018 382 views

How do I know if I've picked the right major?

I have decided to become an elementary education major. I love children, and I've always wanted to do something that would benefit others. However, I'm a bit worried I'll get bored studying to be a teacher all the time. I also love science, and at one point I considered becoming a medicinal...

#college-major #college #elementary-education

Grace R.’s Avatar
Grace R. Jan 31, 2017 441 views

What specific criteria determines how much an elementary school teacher makes annually in Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire?

I am a high school senior interested in maybe becoming an elementary school teacher in New England in the future. I've noticed that there is a very broad spectrum of salaries for elementary school teachers so I would appreciate some clarity as to what factors come in to play when determining...

#education #school #teacher #new-hampshire #salary #teaching #elementary-school #elementary-education #financial-planning

Samantha U.’s Avatar
Samantha U. Feb 19, 2017 687 views

Can I major in zoology and then minor in elementary teaching? Or the other way around?

I have always had an interest in becoming a zoologist, basically since 6th grade, but I have also wanted to become a teacher for maybe first or second graders. My top choice would be zoology, but I am afraid that there won't be many jobs in my area, so I would like a backup plan. #college...

#guidance-counselor #college-major #college-minor #biology #teaching #zoology #elementary-education

Lindsey  J.’s Avatar
Lindsey J. Feb 08, 2017 485 views

How much do elementary teachers make?

I'm trying to decide whether to be a highschool or elementary teacher. #teaching #education...

#elementary-education

Okalanie G.’s Avatar
Okalanie G. Feb 04, 2017 521 views

How can I become an elementary school teacher

I have done some research on steps as to how I can become a teacher and all it said was to apply to college and take the early childhood education courses and apply for a license and certificate to teach. I would like to know if I should go for B.A, anything higher, lower? What specific...

#college #teaching #early-childhood-education #school #courses #teacher #elementary-education

Michael G.’s Avatar
Michael G. Sep 28, 2016 563 views

How do you find a better way of studying ?

I think there is more than one way of learning, so in order to help produce better grades. Better study habits are necessary, I want better grades. #higher-education #japan #principal #elementary-education #middle-school...

#creative-direction

Callie K.’s Avatar
Callie K. May 23, 2016 547 views

What part time job would be good to get while in college that will help with getting a job after graduation for elementary education?

I am going to need a job during college so it may as well be something useful for my degree....

#elementary-education

Makayla B.’s Avatar
Makayla B. May 22, 2016 524 views

What is it like to teach high school kids?

I am on my way to becoming a teacher and am currently debating which age group I would like to focus on or work with specifically. If anyone has experience with multiple age groups and can share any thoughts that would be great! #education #art #high-school-classes #elementary-education...

#art-education

Jessica M.’s Avatar
Jessica M. May 18, 2016 545 views