Career Questions tagged Being An Elementary Teacher

Divine B.’s Avatar
Divine B. Jan 21, 2018

As a educator, how do you make sure to effectively communicate to each student?

I know all students learn differently, especially students with special needs. For future reference I am curious as to how does one make sure that you communicate effectively with each student, so that they all learn and understand. #special-education #being-an-elementary-teacher...

#education #elementary-education

Divine B.’s Avatar
Divine B. Jan 21, 2018

Are there any classes that a teacher would recommend that a prospective teacher take?

I am asking because as a student we have a list of classes that we should take as education majors to graduate, but I always wonder if there are any classes that a future educator should take that is not in the set list of classes that students take. Classes that would help out even more in...

#special-education #primary-education #elementary-education #being-an-elementary-teacher

Delaini N.’s Avatar
Delaini N. Jan 20, 2018

What are some effective ways to study if you are a hands on learner?

I struggle to find effective ways for me to study and remember the material. #iwannastudybetter #elementary-education...

#being-an-elementary-teacher

Melissa W.’s Avatar
Melissa W. Jan 19, 2018

What grade level is it best to start working in?

Ok, so lets say you completed the education requirements, and became a teacher. Now your a beginner elementary school teacher. What grade level would you recommend starting as? #teaching-prek-12...

#being-an-elementary-teacher

India L.’s Avatar
India L. Jan 16, 2018

How do I handle discipline in the classroom?

I'm going to be a teacher (first grade), and I'm not sure about the best way to handle discipline problems in the classroom. For example, is it better to give them a time out, or take away a privilege? And what do I do if the parents of an unruly child are uncooperative/unhelpful? #teaching...

#discipline #classroom-management #being-an-elementary-teacher

Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Dec 12, 2017

What are some innovative ways to keep a class engaged?

I volunteer at church school as a teacher aid and we've integrated material into games, activities, discussions, and crafts. Would really appreciate some other creative ideas to keep learning fun and interesting. #education #educator #teacher #teaching #being-an-elementary-teacher...

#learning

Morgan P.’s Avatar
Morgan P. Oct 10, 2017

What are the steps I need to take in order to become a certified teacher in Michigan?

I am an MSU Graduate Student who just graduated with a BA in Elementary Education. I am currently completed a year-long teaching internship at a local elementary school. At the end of the internship year, I will be a certified teacher. I want to know what additional steps are needed in order to...

#teaching #teacher-training #being-an-elementary-teacher #teach #becoming-a-teacher #teachercertification