Career Questions tagged California

Daniel L.’s Avatar
Daniel L. Oct 21, 2021 146 views

Best Route to Become a Correctional Officer or Sheriff

As my senior year in high school is coming to an end, I have decided that I want to graduate early and get started on my college basic classes (general classes like math, English, electives, etc..) I have decided that I would like to go to Csun and major into Criminology and Justice but sadly I...

Hayden C.’s Avatar
Hayden C. Oct 05, 2021 211 views

What UCs in California have a good medical/nursing program?

#nursing #medicine #nurse #california #healthcare #nurse-practitioner #medical

Jiale W.’s Avatar
Jiale W. Sep 28, 2021 260 views

What is one of the hardest Ap classes?

Question from Galileo.#California

Ming Z.’s Avatar
Ming Z. Apr 16, 2021 241 views

Where can I find someone that can help me get started?

#California #tech

Christina L.’s Avatar
Christina L. Feb 23, 2021 594 views

B.A. in Psychology + Associates in Business Management

Hi! Currently, I am obtaining an Associates's degree in Business Management from my community college before transferring into a university for a Bachelors of Arts in Psychology. I see that in the United States, people are especially discouraging of Psychology undergraduates in a business...

Kimmy K.’s Avatar
Kimmy K. May 16, 2020 318 views

I want to create an educational coloring book. What are the steps to publishing a book?

I'm a young professional and have an opportunity to work with nursing educators to create and publish an educational coloring book. I'm debating between collaborating with an established organization OR doing it independently and selling it on my own. With the help of the organization, I'd...

Halley C.’s Avatar
Halley C. May 03, 2019 318 views

What is the daily life of a food critic? What classes do you have to take in college?

#food #foodcritic #critic #california #dailylife

Halley C.’s Avatar
Halley C. May 03, 2019 348 views

What is the daily life of a forensic anthropologist? Do they live comfortable lives and are able to sustain themselves in California?

I was wondering if I could be able to live in California. #forensic #anthropologist #forensicanthropologist #california #sustainment #science

Stephanie S.’s Avatar
Stephanie S. Aug 29, 2018 408 views

What is the process of becoming a college professor?

Curious on how many credits I would need or what kind of degree I will need for a math or art professor. I want to know for any type of college too; community, CSU, UC, private, etc? #professor #california #mathematics #art

Melvyn A.’s Avatar
Melvyn A. Jun 22, 2018 556 views

Do architects in San Diego have to design future houses using fire-resistant strategies because of recent wildfires?

I'm working on a project about being an architect in San Diego and was wondering if all of the future designs of houses need to include fire-resistant strategies in order to be built?

Thank you so much for helping me with this question. #architectural-design #architecture #California #San-Diego

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018 540 views

Best computer science colleges in California?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

Erin R.’s Avatar
Erin R. May 30, 2018 385 views

Has anyone heard of the college Minerva at KGI in San Francisco, California? Would you recommend?

#minerva #california #san-francisco

Violeta S.’s Avatar
Violeta S. May 24, 2018 453 views

What are the top 10 university with music programs in California, if possible Southern California?

#musiceducation #music #education #california #college #choosing-a-college

Sierra G.’s Avatar
Sierra G. Apr 27, 2018 408 views

I'm aiming to attend a college out-of-state in California, what are the best ways to make money, to pay for those kinds of expenses

I live in Texas, and moving to Cali is a big step, but i've always wanted to attend college in a place i loved. My dream schools are USC or California State University- Los Angeles, and tuition is very pricey in California. #california #dreamschool #dreambig

Angelina Y.’s Avatar
Angelina Y. Apr 18, 2018 637 views

How do I find a good apartment to rent near my college?

I live in California currently and I need to apply for renting a place in New York because that's where my college is. It is super difficult looking for places when I can't really be there in person at the moment. I need to rent because the room and board at my college is super expensive and it...

Savannah H.’s Avatar
Savannah H. Mar 23, 2018 498 views

What should I know before going to out of state college

I'm asking this because im thinking of going to an out of state college when i graduate. #california

Caitlin P.’s Avatar
Caitlin P. Mar 14, 2018 616 views

In California, do CSU or UC campuses have the better engineering program?

I would like to kick start a career in engineering, any suggestions of what to major in to make job hunting easier later on? Also what were your experience with California public school programs?

#california #engineering #berkeley #first-job #degree #major #software-engineering

Sabrina K.’s Avatar
Sabrina K. Jan 20, 2018 574 views

Should I be worried about moving out of my home state?

I plan on moving out of California for college to go up to either Seattle or Portland. I'm also expecting to stay in the area after college instead of returning home. I'm not sure how common this is or even if it would benefit me economically. Something that really worries me is that I won't...

Lindsey K.’s Avatar
Lindsey K. Jan 16, 2018 378 views

Is there a high demand for ESL/ELD teachers in San Diego or Southern California?

I am en route to getting my single subject credential in English, but I would really like to teach ESL/ELD. It seems like most teachers in CA have ELD classes assigned to them, in addition to some classes in the subject of their credential. Will schools and administrators be glad to have...

Heidi K.’s Avatar
Heidi K. Jan 15, 2018 380 views

Is CalTech a reasonable goal for me?

I have a 4.0 GPA and got a 1220 on the PSAT. I’m working on my score to improve the result on my SAT, but I believe mostly it’s because I haven’t taken Algebra II yet. I am taking extra classes during the summer. Am I aiming too high? #california #goals #self-improvement

Nicky C.’s Avatar
Nicky C. Dec 13, 2017 7714 views

Do CSU's look at your extracirricular activites?

I have frequently heard that California state schools like Calpoly do not view your Extracurricular activities and they only view your academic achievements. Is this true or is that just a myth? #csu #california #college #extracurriculars #college-admissions

Jessica C.’s Avatar
Jessica C. Sep 01, 2017 3990 views

What is the difference between a UC and a CSU?

I have been considering going to various colleges in California. However, I do not understand the difference between the UC system and the CSU system. #california #college #college-selection

Abdulwahab A.’s Avatar
Abdulwahab A. Dec 05, 2016 981 views

Is E&Y the right place to work for Finance major graduates?

First, my brother graduated as a Finance major student from CSULA and I am following his steps. Furthermore, he got hired at Ernst&Young and he is happy but I heard from a fellow Finance student that it is the right place for Accounting major students. Now, I am asking if it is the right...

Alan V.’s Avatar
Alan V. May 24, 2016 637 views

What is the best college in California are good for mechanical engineering?

I'm asking because i want to learn about mechanical engineering and be super good at it! #college #engineer #mechanical #california

Muhammad J.’s Avatar
Muhammad J. May 24, 2016 669 views

Can I apply for scholarships at my school even though I didn't get one?

I'm going to be attending UCI and it's really expensive, and I was wondering if I can still receive scholarship money from UCI. #college #university #in #scholarship #california #undergrad #irvine

Muhammad J.’s Avatar
Muhammad J. May 24, 2016 897 views

What is the best way to transfer into a UC school?

Attending UCI next year, but was wondering how can I make it easy for myself if I wanted to transfer to a different UC school. #california #transfer #college #college-admissions

Rachael  O.’s Avatar
Rachael O. May 21, 2016 618 views

As an occupational therapist in California, are there options for incorporating the outdoors and nature into OT?

I am currently a COTA. I moved from NY to RI to go back to school for my masters in OT. After I finish my masters degree, I plan on relocating to the west coast, hopefully California. I love the outdoors but in the north east the time to be outside is limited by extreme cold or extreme...

Jade K.’s Avatar
Jade K. May 18, 2016 1047 views

Which books should I read before I enter law school this fall semester?

I was recently accepted into law school. I am eighteen years old, so I likely do not have as much knowledge in my head as other incoming 1Ls. I would like to enter law school at least somewhat prepared. Ideally, I will be familiar with the basic legal jargon and concepts that I will encounter...

Vicente C.’s Avatar
Vicente C. Jan 27, 2015 1369 views

What colleges/universities in California have really good business programs ?

I'm currently doing a college search or where I would like to go and I want to major in the field of business. Since I want to stay close to my family, I'd prefer a college/university around the west coast. I've been seeing lots of colleges that have an amazing business program. But...

Fabiana M.’s Avatar
Fabiana M. Jan 13, 2015 1059 views

What Colleges or Universities in California offer an Orthodontist program?

Orthodontist #future #california #orthodontics