Career Questions tagged California

Daniel L.’s Avatar
Daniel L. Oct 21, 2021 76 views

Best Route to Become a Correctional Officer or Sheriff

As my senior year in high school is coming to an end, I have decided that I want to graduate early and get started on my college basic classes (general classes like math, English, electives, etc..) I have decided that I would like to go to Csun and major into Criminology and Justice but sadly I...

police police-officer law-enforcement csun california lasd

Kimmy K.’s Avatar
Kimmy K. May 16, 2020 248 views

I want to create an educational coloring book. What are the steps to publishing a book?

I'm a young professional and have an opportunity to work with nursing educators to create and publish an educational coloring book. I'm debating between collaborating with an established organization OR doing it independently and selling it on my own. With the help of the organization, I'd...

llc publish publishing books coloring-book trademark publisher copyright california

Stephanie S.’s Avatar
Stephanie S. Aug 29, 2018 359 views

What is the process of becoming a college professor?

Curious on how many credits I would need or what kind of degree I will need for a math or art professor. I want to know for any type of college too; community, CSU, UC, private, etc? professor california mathematics...

art

Melvyn A.’s Avatar
Melvyn A. Jun 22, 2018 500 views

Do architects in San Diego have to design future houses using fire-resistant strategies because of recent wildfires?

I'm working on a project about being an architect in San Diego and was wondering if all of the future designs of houses need to include fire-resistant strategies in order to be built? Thank you so much for helping me with this question. architectural-design architecture California...

san-diego

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018 482 views

Best computer science colleges in California?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! college...

cis computer-science california choosing-a-college

Sierra G.’s Avatar
Sierra G. Apr 27, 2018 359 views

I'm aiming to attend a college out-of-state in California, what are the best ways to make money, to pay for those kinds of expenses

I live in Texas, and moving to Cali is a big step, but i've always wanted to attend college in a place i loved. My dream schools are USC or California State University- Los Angeles, and tuition is very pricey in California. california dreamschool...

dreambig

Angelina Y.’s Avatar
Angelina Y. Apr 18, 2018 563 views

How do I find a good apartment to rent near my college?

I live in California currently and I need to apply for renting a place in New York because that's where my college is. It is super difficult looking for places when I can't really be there in person at the moment. I need to rent because the room and board at my college is super expensive and it...

rent newyork college collegeisexpensive tuition apartment debt california

Savannah H.’s Avatar
Savannah H. Mar 23, 2018 435 views

What should I know before going to out of state college

I'm asking this because im thinking of going to an out of state college when i graduate....

california

Caitlin P.’s Avatar
Caitlin P. Mar 14, 2018 487 views

In California, do CSU or UC campuses have the better engineering program?

I would like to kick start a career in engineering, any suggestions of what to major in to make job hunting easier later on? Also what were your experience with California public school programs? california engineering berkeley first-job degree major...

software-engineering

Sabrina K.’s Avatar
Sabrina K. Jan 20, 2018 511 views

Should I be worried about moving out of my home state?

I plan on moving out of California for college to go up to either Seattle or Portland. I'm also expecting to stay in the area after college instead of returning home. I'm not sure how common this is or even if it would benefit me economically. Something that really worries me is that I won't...

college-bound outofstate seattle portland california

Lindsey K.’s Avatar
Lindsey K. Jan 16, 2018 324 views

Is there a high demand for ESL/ELD teachers in San Diego or Southern California?

I am en route to getting my single subject credential in English, but I would really like to teach ESL/ELD. It seems like most teachers in CA have ELD classes assigned to them, in addition to some classes in the subject of their credential. Will schools and administrators be glad to have...

teacher teaching esl-teaching high-school-classes california

Heidi K.’s Avatar
Heidi K. Jan 15, 2018 328 views

Is CalTech a reasonable goal for me?

I have a 4.0 GPA and got a 1220 on the PSAT. I’m working on my score to improve the result on my SAT, but I believe mostly it’s because I haven’t taken Algebra II yet. I am taking extra classes during the summer. Am I aiming too high? california goals...

self-improvement

Nicky C.’s Avatar
Nicky C. Dec 13, 2017 7251 views

Do CSU's look at your extracirricular activites?

I have frequently heard that California state schools like Calpoly do not view your Extracurricular activities and they only view your academic achievements. Is this true or is that just a myth? csu california college extracurriculars...

college-admissions

Muhammad J.’s Avatar
Muhammad J. May 24, 2016 838 views

What is the best way to transfer into a UC school?

Attending UCI next year, but was wondering how can I make it easy for myself if I wanted to transfer to a different UC school. california transfer college...

college-admissions

Rachael  O.’s Avatar
Rachael O. May 21, 2016 575 views

As an occupational therapist in California, are there options for incorporating the outdoors and nature into OT?

I am currently a COTA. I moved from NY to RI to go back to school for my masters in OT. After I finish my masters degree, I plan on relocating to the west coast, hopefully California. I love the outdoors but in the north east the time to be outside is limited by extreme cold or extreme...

medicine california occupational-therapy hospital-and-health-care physical-therapy therapy

Jessica C.’s Avatar
Jessica C. Sep 01, 2017 3837 views

What is the difference between a UC and a CSU?

I have been considering going to various colleges in California. However, I do not understand the difference between the UC system and the CSU system. california college...

college-selection

Abdulwahab A.’s Avatar
Abdulwahab A. Dec 05, 2016 896 views

Is E&Y the right place to work for Finance major graduates?

First, my brother graduated as a Finance major student from CSULA and I am following his steps. Furthermore, he got hired at Ernst&Young and he is happy but I heard from a fellow Finance student that it is the right place for Accounting major students. Now, I am asking if it is the right...

business college-student finance california

Alan V.’s Avatar
Alan V. May 24, 2016 598 views

What is the best college in California are good for mechanical engineering?

I'm asking because i want to learn about mechanical engineering and be super good at it! college engineer mechanical...

california

Muhammad J.’s Avatar
Muhammad J. May 24, 2016 613 views

Can I apply for scholarships at my school even though I didn't get one?

I'm going to be attending UCI and it's really expensive, and I was wondering if I can still receive scholarship money from UCI. college university in scholarship california undergrad...

irvine

Jade K.’s Avatar
Jade K. May 18, 2016 969 views

Which books should I read before I enter law school this fall semester?

I was recently accepted into law school. I am eighteen years old, so I likely do not have as much knowledge in my head as other incoming 1Ls. I would like to enter law school at least somewhat prepared. Ideally, I will be familiar with the basic legal jargon and concepts that I will encounter...

young-adults law-school california

Vicente C.’s Avatar
Vicente C. Jan 27, 2015 1304 views

What colleges/universities in California have really good business programs ?

I'm currently doing a college search or where I would like to go and I want to major in the field of business. Since I want to stay close to my family, I'd prefer a college/university around the west coast. I've been seeing lots of colleges that have an amazing business program. But...

business entrepreneurship college california