Career questions tagged california

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Evan1350 views

What are the best colleges for film majors in California (how about out of state?)?

I have been thinking about majoring in film, so is there any input on any colleges that are reputable for their film majors and/or alumni?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Mitansh681 views

What is a good finance college in California?

What is a good college for finance in California? I have a 4.16 GPA weighted.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kristin323 views

What are some good law schools on the West side?

I'd like to stay near my hometown, but I'd also love to live near the beach or just in the general area of California. I was thinking about UCLA, but their tuition is a little too expensive.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jessica265 views

What are some good colleges for Computer Science Majors?

I'm a 17-year-old Junior living in San Francisco. I'd heavily prefer to stay in California for my college experience.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Douglas195 views

What college in California or near San Francisco offers the sport of soccer and the chances of making the team?

I like to play soccer and I want to keep practicing while I plan to study.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Luis246 views

Do you need a bachelors or just an associates degree in a radiology technician career??

bachelors or associates in california

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jaylen764 views

How hard is it to get a job as a Marketing Manager?

In California, I know there are probably more job opportunities. But are there more people that are filling these positions? Or is the schooling path super difficult?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Dennis426 views

what are the steps to make a million dollars at a young age?

young kid from California in the 12th grade at Balboa high

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Rani347 views

What gpa is required for USC and is it worth it to go out of state for college?

I want to go to college in California but my parents won't let me go unless I have more information to convince them it is a good idea to leave the state for college.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Randy427 views

I'm in my junior year in high school right now and I was wondering what major, or things I should be doing if I want to be in the ?

I'm in my junior year in high school right now and I was wondering what major, or things I should be doing if I want to be a software developer in California that focus on mobile devices.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Amy656 views

Best colleges for marketing major?

What UC or USC in California is the best for marketing?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
kelly311 views

College with good veterinary programs?

What are colleges in California that have good programs to prepare me for a veterinary degree? Are there recommended classes I should take while in high school or through dual enrollment?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Daniel408 views

Best Route to Become a Correctional Officer or Sheriff

As my senior year in high school is coming to an end, I have decided that I want to graduate early and get started on my college basic classes (general classes like math, English, electives, etc..) I have decided that I would like to go to Csun and major into Criminology and Justice but sadly I do not have an older sibling role model who has gone to college or university because I am a first gen student. Am I in the right pathway or is there something else that I can do in order to put my name out there and get hired as soon as possible. thank you in advance. #police #police-officer #law-enforcement #california #lasd #csun

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Hayden624 views

What UCs in California have a good medical/nursing program?

#nursing #medicine #nurse #california #healthcare #nurse-practitioner #medical

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jiale629 views

What is one of the hardest Ap classes?

Question from Galileo.#California

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ming501 views

Where can I find someone that can help me get started?

#California #tech

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Christina2086 views

B.A. in Psychology + Associates in Business Management

Hi! Currently, I am obtaining an Associates's degree in Business Management from my community college before transferring into a university for a Bachelors of Arts in Psychology. I see that in the United States, people are especially discouraging of Psychology undergraduates in a business field. A lot of people would say to switch for a Bachelors in Business instead and get an Associates's in Psychology, which I do not plan on doing because I love my current placements. I have heard and read from many people that Psychology majors are deemed useful only within clinical and social works. If I were to take the path in those aspects, I am mainly interested in becoming a college academic advisor/counselor. However, I have put it in my best interest and am very determined to find myself a career in the business field after I graduate. I want to ask what is the REALITY of someone with a BA in Psychology and Associates in Business Management to be offered great positions in the business fields. What are some jobs and careers can I be qualified for with these degrees? What is something you would recommend me to do in order to gain experience or expose me to the works of psychology and business as an undergrad? Please give me any additional advice or information you think would be helpful too! I really appreciate and thank you for your responses! :-) #career #business #humanresources #human-resources #marketing #businessmarketing #business-marketing #psychology #businessadministration #business-administration #corporate #businessmanagement #business-management #counselor #academic-counselor #academiccounselor #univeristy #communitycollege #community-college #universityofcalifornia #university-of-california #psychmajor #psychologymajor #psych-major #psychology-major #company #california #unitedstates #uited-states

answer icon9 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ms.550 views

I want to create an educational coloring book. What are the steps to publishing a book?

I'm a young professional and have an opportunity to work with nursing educators to create and publish an educational coloring book. I'm debating between collaborating with an established organization OR doing it independently and selling it on my own. With the help of the organization, I'd receive zero profits, which is why I'm considering self-publishing. I'd also like to learn more about #trademark and #copyright, in addition to creating an #LLC in #California. #books #coloring-book #publishing #publish #publisher

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Halley697 views

What is the daily life of a food critic? What classes do you have to take in college?

#food #foodcritic #critic #california #dailylife

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Halley556 views

What is the daily life of a forensic anthropologist? Do they live comfortable lives and are able to sustain themselves in California?

I was wondering if I could be able to live in California. #forensic #anthropologist #forensicanthropologist #california #sustainment #science

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Stephanie614 views

What is the process of becoming a college professor?

Curious on how many credits I would need or what kind of degree I will need for a math or art professor. I want to know for any type of college too; community, CSU, UC, private, etc? #professor #california #mathematics #art

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Melvyn754 views

Do architects in San Diego have to design future houses using fire-resistant strategies because of recent wildfires?

I'm working on a project about being an architect in San Diego and was wondering if all of the future designs of houses need to include fire-resistant strategies in order to be built? Thank you so much for helping me with this question. #architectural-design #architecture #California #San-Diego

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alexandra867 views

Best computer science colleges in California?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college #computer-science #cis #california #choosing-a-college Things you can consider for this specific question... Which schools in California have highly ranked computer science programs? If you studied computer science in California, where did you attend college?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Erin601 views

Has anyone heard of the college Minerva at KGI in San Francisco, California? Would you recommend?

#minerva #california #san-francisco

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Violeta671 views

What are the top 10 university with music programs in California, if possible Southern California?

#musiceducation #music #education #california #college #choosing-a-college

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sierra625 views

I'm aiming to attend a college out-of-state in California, what are the best ways to make money, to pay for those kinds of expenses

I live in Texas, and moving to Cali is a big step, but i've always wanted to attend college in a place i loved. My dream schools are USC or California State University- Los Angeles, and tuition is very pricey in California. #california #dreamschool #dreambig

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Angelina884 views

How do I find a good apartment to rent near my college?

I live in California currently and I need to apply for renting a place in New York because that's where my college is. It is super difficult looking for places when I can't really be there in person at the moment. I need to rent because the room and board at my college is super expensive and it would put my family $20,000 in debt. Please Help! #apartment #rent #college #collegeisexpensive #debt #tuition #california #newyork

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Savannah717 views

What should I know before going to out of state college

I'm asking this because im thinking of going to an out of state college when i graduate. #california

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Caitlin1136 views

In California, do CSU or UC campuses have the better engineering program?

I would like to kick start a career in engineering, any suggestions of what to major in to make job hunting easier later on? Also what were your experience with California public school programs? #california #engineering #berkeley #first-job #degree #major #software-engineering

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sabrina780 views

Should I be worried about moving out of my home state?

I plan on moving out of California for college to go up to either Seattle or Portland. I'm also expecting to stay in the area after college instead of returning home. I'm not sure how common this is or even if it would benefit me economically. Something that really worries me is that I won't like the area once I move there. #outofstate #college-bound #seattle #portland #california

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon