Where can I find someone that can help me get started?

4

Bryson’s Answer

Hey Ming,
I would recommend creating a LinkedIn profile if you have not already and filter search to people who are in the profession you're looking to be in. You'd be surprised that lots of people want to help students as they progress in the field that they are currently in!

0

Rebecca’s Answer

There are a lot of places you can seek assistance. Here is one place indeed. You can also seek advice from counselor in school, your school teachers, parents, school alumni, etc. I believe a lot of people are willing to help you.
If you have shortlisted the career you are interested in, you can also look for someone who really works in the industry to give you some advice. You may be able to locate them in the forum here, via your friends, parents, relatives, etc.
Hope this helps! Good Luck!

0

Tito’s Answer

Hi Ming!

In regards to getting started with school, I would definitely suggest reaching out to a faculty advisor, or a teacher that you are comfortable with and see what advice they can give, wheater it is about perspective majors if you want advice about pick and applying for college. Another great way to get started in any field is to see if you can get a mentor, wheater it is a teacher or a close upperclassman and or coworker that will help build both your network and help you learn what that person did to get to where they are.

0

Mark’s Answer

Hi Ming!

This is the place!! Ask away!! Feel free to tell us a little about yourself. What grade are you currently attending? Do you have any hobbies or passions? What do you like to do? Have you met with a high school counselor? Are you good at math? Do you enjoy writing? Do you like music?

I'll be waiting to hear back!!

Take care,
Mark

0