Career Questions tagged Corporate

Abby C.’s Avatar
Abby C. Jan 03 160 views

What is a good path for a human resources career?

Hi! I am Abby, and I don't actually know what I'm going to do with my life. It's a little intimidating and scary as a high school senior. I have done some research on what I am interested in, and declared my major at most prospective schools as psychology. I genuinely like it and I feel like it...

psychologymajor career chro college-major humanresources corporate business college major management psychology

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Jun 02, 2019 471 views

How do companies view military service?

When hiring, do companies view military service as a good or bad thing? If it it a good thing, what branch looks best? Marines, Army, Army National Guard, Air Force, Air National Guard, Navy, Coast Guard? And does it look better to have been an enlisted or officer? (I'm guessing the best...

aviation navy pilot future corporate marines army college coast-guard military technology career hiring any company major marine

anil K.’s Avatar
anil K. May 27, 2016 757 views

I am a graduate in commerce and I am pursuing my post graduation in the same field . How can I get into the corporate world?

In my circle people are giving me an option of teaching but it is not my skill. business...

corporate

Brandon L.’s Avatar
Brandon L. Nov 07, 2016 768 views

Why do positions in corporate America have such a negative connotation?

People today tend to think "corrupt" when they think of people at the "top of the totem pole". There is often the dilemma of taking the high-paying corporate job vs. the low-paying job that is more in-line with ones values. business small-business...

corporate

Brandon L.’s Avatar
Brandon L. Nov 07, 2016 718 views

What are some practical ways to know if a job position is a good fit for me?

The jump from college (or school in general) to a career is a big step. resume interviews professional-development...

corporate

Sara D.’s Avatar
Sara D. Oct 25, 2016 900 views

what is corporate communications?

what do they do in a day and how much do they make communications...

corporate

Tiffanie L.’s Avatar
Tiffanie L. Jul 17, 2016 611 views

Do you get used to corporate jobs?

Handling your employeers, paperwork.. As a student looking on to my bosses and employees, it seems as if they are usually stressed and constantly busy. work corporate...

responsibility

Haji S.’s Avatar
Haji S. Jun 22, 2016 563 views

What is the scope of jobs in corporate sectors after completing engineering in Electrical Stream?

Hi I am a class 9 student. My elder brother has just completed his engineering in Electrical Stream. He is looking for a job in Corporate Sectors. engineering corporate electrical-engineer...

public-sector

Odot I.’s Avatar
Odot I. May 17, 2016 767 views

How do you cross into the Management Consulting space with no experience?

I am interested in pursuing management consulting and I like working on projects that are value adds to companies. I stumbled upon this realization when I had an internship during my undergraduate career. I am now pursuing a Master in Finance and work in the Financial Services industry....

corporate finance

Odot I.’s Avatar
Odot I. May 17, 2016 987 views

In what ways is a Master in Finance better than an MBA in the financial services industry?

In what ways can a Master in Finance be of greater use than an MBA with respect to career opportunities, climbing the corporate ladder and overall compensation in the financial services industry? I received my undergraduate degree in Economics and minored in communication studies. I currently...

corporate finance masters

s W.’s Avatar
s W. May 03, 2016 722 views
srimathi K.’s Avatar
srimathi K. May 03, 2016 785 views
Sheetal P.’s Avatar
Sheetal P. May 03, 2016 691 views
Molly H.’s Avatar
Molly H. Apr 15, 2016 2210 views

What does a day in the life of a corporate lawyer look like?

I am a sophomore at Boston Collegiate Charter School. I am interested in law and how a career in the field would fit into my life. law lawyer corporate...

routine