Career Questions tagged Psychmajor

Namita P.’s Avatar
Namita P. Apr 01 141 views

What will make me stand out if I want to be accepted as a Psych major?

I'm a junior in high school right now. I'm looking to get accepted as a psych or counseling psych major, hopefully at UT Austin, but what are some things that I can do that would make me stand out and have a higher chance of being accepted? (at University of Austin, University of Houston, or...

utaustin psychmajor major

Christina L.’s Avatar
Christina L. Dec 01, 2020 489 views

Is it realistic to work in business fields with a Psychology degree?

I love studying psychology and find that it can help me move forward into becoming a clinical psychologist or academic counselor after undergrad. I find that a degree in psychology may be pretty versatile and would like to use it to explore careers in business as well. I plan on taking business...

universityofcalifornia counselor businessmarketing marketing business communitycollege psychology psychmajor company humanresources businessadministration univeristy career psychologist academiccounselor

Tatum L.’s Avatar
Tatum L. Aug 14, 2018 180 views

How long does it normally take for someone with a doctorate in Psychology to find a job?

I'm starting to worry about finding a well-paying job when I obtain my doctorate in Psychology. The end goal is to start my own practice, but I'd like to be more knowledgeable about the timeline of these events....

psychmajor