Career Questions tagged Marriage Therapist

Deidra M.’s Avatar
Deidra M. Jan 17, 2018

Is there any advice that I can receive before I enter into my desired career of Marriage and family therapy?

I currently feel certain that this is the career I want to go into, but I would appreciate some advice or suggestions on steps that I can take in order to prepare myself for this profession (aside from just going to my college course/curriculum). #marriage-therapist #marriage-counselor...

#individual-and-family-services #marriage-family-counselor #family-therapy

Christina  L.’s Avatar
Christina L. Sep 08, 2017

How many years of school for a marriage therapist?

I want to be a marriage and family therapist. I've heard I need a Master's degree, but I'm not sure if that's accurate....

#marriage-therapist

Angela A.’s Avatar
Angela A. May 31, 2017

How would a college graduate go about finding a job in clinical psychology?

I'm graduating soon and want to know what first or next steps I can take to get closer to being a marriage and family counselor. #clinical-psychology #counseling-psychology #family-therapy #marriage-therapist #marriage-counselor...

#marriage-family-counselor

Angela A.’s Avatar
Angela A. Mar 30, 2017

What are the average working hours of a counselor? Does it depend on the type or individual? Is there a cut off time?

I want to say that it would be like a 9-5 job because a counselor has to have his/her own time for their life right? I also feel like sometimes clients are in placed in tough positions and see the counselor/ therapist as their only place of comfort. #counselor #therapist #family-therapy...

#marriage-counselor #marriage-therapist #family-counsleor

Angela A.’s Avatar
Angela A. Mar 27, 2017

What qualities best work with being a marriage and family counselor?

I am not that great at giving people advice but I have a really strong passion for wanting to help marriages or families in trouble. I'd like to do whatever I can ( ethically) to assist these individuals, couples, and any others to be fulfilling but right now I'm just not strong in that area....

#counseling-psychology #marriage-counselor #marriage-therapist #family-therapy

Emma R.’s Avatar
Emma R. Feb 02, 2017

Does your personal life affect if you can be a Marriage counsellor or Family counsellor?

I'm interested in marriage/family counselling. I'm just wondering how important the quality of your own relationships are if you're helping others with their relationships? #psychology #therapy #clinical-psychology #family-therapy #personality...

#marriage-therapist

Deviana R.’s Avatar
Deviana R. Mar 17, 2015

How impactful can a family therapist be to a family? How difficult is it trying to fulfill the needs of all family members?

Hello, I am a high school senior, I'm partially interested in being a family therapist as it interest me, and I was just wondering more of the personal aspects of the career. #doctor #physical-therapist #therapy #therapists #therapist #marriage-therapist...

#patients

Mariah W.’s Avatar
Mariah W. Mar 02, 2015

Who are the largest employers for marriage and family therapist?

my school teacher wants us to do this project on careers #therapists #family-therapy #marriage-therapist #marriage-counselor...

#marriage