Career Questions tagged Marriage Counselor

Deidra M.’s Avatar
Deidra M. Jan 17, 2018 245 views

Is there any advice that I can receive before I enter into my desired career of Marriage and family therapy?

I currently feel certain that this is the career I want to go into, but I would appreciate some advice or suggestions on steps that I can take in order to prepare myself for this profession (aside from just going to my college course/curriculum). #marriage-therapist #marriage-counselor...

#marriage-family-counselor #family-therapy #individual-and-family-services

Ada D.’s Avatar
Ada D. Jan 12, 2018 349 views

Is the payoff for being a psychologist worth it?

I'm a freshman in high school and clearly have a ways to go before I choose what profession I want to go into. However, helping people and talking them through their problems seems like it would be an incredible job, or at least one I'd want to go into. My first question is: What is the best...

#doctor #psychotherapy #psychology #marriage-counselor #clinical-psychology #therapy #science #therapists

Angela A.’s Avatar
Angela A. May 31, 2017 531 views

How would a college graduate go about finding a job in clinical psychology?

I'm graduating soon and want to know what first or next steps I can take to get closer to being a marriage and family counselor. #clinical-psychology #counseling-psychology #family-therapy #marriage-therapist #marriage-counselor...

#marriage-family-counselor

Angela A.’s Avatar
Angela A. Mar 30, 2017 2555 views

What are the average working hours of a counselor? Does it depend on the type or individual? Is there a cut off time?

I want to say that it would be like a 9-5 job because a counselor has to have his/her own time for their life right? I also feel like sometimes clients are in placed in tough positions and see the counselor/ therapist as their only place of comfort. #counselor #therapist #family-therapy...

#marriage-counselor #marriage-therapist #family-counsleor

Angela A.’s Avatar
Angela A. Mar 27, 2017 502 views

What qualities best work with being a marriage and family counselor?

I am not that great at giving people advice but I have a really strong passion for wanting to help marriages or families in trouble. I'd like to do whatever I can ( ethically) to assist these individuals, couples, and any others to be fulfilling but right now I'm just not strong in that area....

#marriage-counselor #family-therapy #marriage-therapist #counseling-psychology

Mariah W.’s Avatar
Mariah W. Mar 02, 2015 1001 views
Mariah W.’s Avatar
Mariah W. Mar 02, 2015 1220 views