Career Questions tagged General Surgery

Jessica H.’s Avatar
Jessica H. Jul 21, 2020 62 views
Aileen H.’s Avatar
Aileen H. Aug 20, 2018 257 views
Adam L.’s Avatar
Adam L. Jul 01, 2018 373 views

Is cardiology a good field to become a surgeon in?

I am a rising junior in college and I know its really early to be thinking about this. I am positive I want to become a surgeon and have chosen three fields that sound interesting to me: Cardiothoracic surgeon, General surgeon, or Trauma Surgeon, in that order. #surgeon #general-surgery...

#cardiac-surgeon #surgery #doctor #medicine

Ally H.’s Avatar
Ally H. Oct 24, 2016 530 views

What is the most important thing to know before becoming a surgeon?

I have wanted to be a doctor ever since I was four, and I am trying now to narrow down my field of interest. My little sister has had many surgeries in her lifetime, so I have had lots of exposure to the world of medicine. Therefore, I am examining the field of surgery and how that could fit...

#neurosurgeon #surgeon #general-surgery #healthcare #cardiac-surgeon #hospital-and-health-care #doctor #plastic-surgeon

jennifer G.’s Avatar
jennifer G. Mar 21, 2018 284 views

what other strengths or experiences might I need for becoming an RN or a Surgeon?

I have so little of strengths I can talk to some people sometimes I don't really like talking to new people. I also love taking care of babies and older people. I have always found an interest in becoming a surgeon. But I would like to know what other strengths I need for theses two jobs that...

#general-surgery #surgery #registered-nurses

Jasmine W.’s Avatar
Jasmine W. May 08, 2016 508 views

What colleges have the highest reputation for creating successful surgeons?

I'm a freshman in Arkansas, and my high school teachers, while they attempt to be helpful, don't know enough about my future career plans to be of much help. #healthcare #health #surgery #general-surgery #trauma-treatment #doctor #hospital-and-health-care #college #career...

#career-counseling

Alexis K.’s Avatar
Alexis K. Sep 01, 2017 542 views

How does the path to becoming a plastic surgeon differ from that of a general surgeon?

Recently, I've been intrigued by a fascinating and controversial career: plastic/reconstructive surgeon. How does the path toward becoming a plastic surgeon differ from someone aspiring to be a general surgeon? And what does this journey entail? It has always haunted me on whether there is...

#surgery #general-surgery #surgeon #medical-school #plastic-surgery #medical-practice #medicine #career #doctor #plastic-surgeon

Hajira N.’s Avatar
Hajira N. Nov 04, 2016 1095 views

how to become a cardiologist

i am interest about in cardiologist .it is my favorite.i want to know it.please tell me about it. #healthcare #surgery #doctorate-degree #general-surgery #ios-development...

#mhuu

Makayla S.’s Avatar
Makayla S. Oct 31, 2016 484 views

What are some of the ways that you deal with difficult situations that you face as a surgeon?

I want to become a doctor, and specifically a neurosurgeon. I know that it takes a long time, there is much to learn, and years of study to achieve this goal. I realize that I could face some situations that are difficult and that no matter how good I am, I may not be able to help everyone....

#general-surgery #neurology #medicine #surgeons

elizabeth S.’s Avatar
elizabeth S. Oct 29, 2016 475 views

What is surgery like?

I think I want to be a surgeon and I wanted to know what performing surgery is like. Is it fun? Hard? As rewarding as it seems? #surgery #surgeon #general-surgery #doctors #cardiac-surgeon #plastic-surgeon #spine-surgery...

#oral-surgery

Danielle K.’s Avatar
Danielle K. Oct 29, 2016 428 views

When pursuing a career in medicine, what are things that one can do in high school (as a junior) to better prepare for this career?

I want to pursue a career as a cardiologist. I also want to be prepared for college and pre med school. What are internships that I should research? Are there certain classes I should take as a high school student? #medicine #pre-med #surgery #medical-education...

#general-surgery

Lydia L.’s Avatar
Lydia L. Oct 26, 2016 508 views

What are some tips to getting through med school?

I am currently in high school and am interested in the becoming an MD one day. The thought of medical school frightens me and I was wondering what kind of tips there are for getting into and through medical school. I am very interested in surgery (cardiothoracic and general). #medicine...

#surgeon #general-surgery #surgery #cardiothoracic

Lydia L.’s Avatar
Lydia L. Oct 26, 2016 432 views

What are the most important traits for a successful surgeon to have?

I shadowed a surgeon about a month ago and loved my experience! I got to scrub in and see many different surgeries and I handled a removed gallbladder and thyroid. It was an exhilarating day and I have been more and more interested in surgery the more I learn about it. I have been told...

#surgery #cardiothoracic #surgeon #general-surgery #cardiac-surgeon #scrub-nurse #anesthetist #registered-nurses

Keaira M.’s Avatar
Keaira M. Oct 18, 2016 471 views

What should you study to get into medical school

I want to know what I should study when I take the test #doctor #medicine #healthcare #university -education #general-surgery...

#helping-people

jhyenna louie A.’s Avatar
jhyenna louie A. Aug 28, 2016 2056 views

How do you become a general surgeon and how much it cost?

I am an education student majoring in physical science because of financial problem I took this degree. But, I was planning to go in a medical school after this. #medicine...

#general-surgery

Rachel M.’s Avatar
Rachel M. May 04, 2016 651 views
Julia P.’s Avatar
Julia P. Apr 13, 2016 628 views

In order to be a surgeon, how many years do you need to be an intern?

I am a sophomore at Boston Collegiate Charter School and I was wondering how many years you have to be an intern in order to be a surgeon. #general-surgery...

#heart