Career Questions tagged General Surgery

Adam L.’s Avatar
Adam L. Jul 01, 2018

Is cardiology a good field to become a surgeon in?

I am a rising junior in college and I know its really early to be thinking about this. I am positive I want to become a surgeon and have chosen three fields that sound interesting to me: Cardiothoracic surgeon, General surgeon, or Trauma Surgeon, in that order. #surgeon #general-surgery...

#surgery #medicine #cardiac-surgeon #doctor

Ally H.’s Avatar
Ally H. Oct 24, 2016

What is the most important thing to know before becoming a surgeon?

I have wanted to be a doctor ever since I was four, and I am trying now to narrow down my field of interest. My little sister has had many surgeries in her lifetime, so I have had lots of exposure to the world of medicine. Therefore, I am examining the field of surgery and how that could fit...

#healthcare #general-surgery #hospital-and-health-care #doctor #cardiac-surgeon #plastic-surgeon #neurosurgeon #surgeon

jennifer G.’s Avatar
jennifer G. Mar 21, 2018

what other strengths or experiences might I need for becoming an RN or a Surgeon?

I have so little of strengths I can talk to some people sometimes I don't really like talking to new people. I also love taking care of babies and older people. I have always found an interest in becoming a surgeon. But I would like to know what other strengths I need for theses two jobs that...

#general-surgery #surgery #registered-nurses

Jasmine W.’s Avatar
Jasmine W. May 08, 2016

What colleges have the highest reputation for creating successful surgeons?

I'm a freshman in Arkansas, and my high school teachers, while they attempt to be helpful, don't know enough about my future career plans to be of much help. #healthcare #health #surgery #general-surgery #trauma-treatment #doctor #hospital-and-health-care #college #career...

#career-counseling

Alexis K.’s Avatar
Alexis K. Sep 01, 2017

How does the path to becoming a plastic surgeon differ from that of a general surgeon?

Recently, I've been intrigued by a fascinating and controversial career: plastic/reconstructive surgeon. How does the path toward becoming a plastic surgeon differ from someone aspiring to be a general surgeon? And what does this journey entail? It has always haunted me on whether there is...

#career #general-surgery #doctor #medicine #plastic-surgeon #surgery #medical-school #medical-practice #plastic-surgery #surgeon

Hajira N.’s Avatar
Hajira N. Nov 04, 2016

how to become a cardiologist

i am interest about in cardiologist .it is my favorite.i want to know it.please tell me about it. #healthcare #surgery #doctorate-degree #general-surgery #ios-development...

#mhuu

Makayla S.’s Avatar
Makayla S. Oct 31, 2016

What are some of the ways that you deal with difficult situations that you face as a surgeon?

I want to become a doctor, and specifically a neurosurgeon. I know that it takes a long time, there is much to learn, and years of study to achieve this goal. I realize that I could face some situations that are difficult and that no matter how good I am, I may not be able to help everyone....

#general-surgery #neurology #medical #surgeons

elizabeth S.’s Avatar
elizabeth S. Oct 29, 2016

What is surgery like?

I think I want to be a surgeon and I wanted to know what performing surgery is like. Is it fun? Hard? As rewarding as it seems? #surgery #surgeon #general-surgery #doctors #cardiac-surgeon #plastic-surgeon #spine-surgery...

#oral-surgery

Danielle K.’s Avatar
Danielle K. Oct 29, 2016

When pursuing a career in medicine, what are things that one can do in high school (as a junior) to better prepare for this career?

I want to pursue a career as a cardiologist. I also want to be prepared for college and pre med school. What are internships that I should research? Are there certain classes I should take as a high school student? #medicine #pre-med #surgery #medical-education...

#general-surgery

Lydia L.’s Avatar
Lydia L. Oct 26, 2016

What are some tips to getting through med school?

I am currently in high school and am interested in the becoming an MD one day. The thought of medical school frightens me and I was wondering what kind of tips there are for getting into and through medical school. I am very interested in surgery (cardiothoracic and general). #medicine...

#cardiothoracic #general-surgery #surgery #surgeon

Lydia L.’s Avatar
Lydia L. Oct 26, 2016

What are the most important traits for a successful surgeon to have?

I shadowed a surgeon about a month ago and loved my experience! I got to scrub in and see many different surgeries and I handled a removed gallbladder and thyroid. It was an exhilarating day and I have been more and more interested in surgery the more I learn about it. I have been told...

#general-surgery #anesthetist #cardiac-surgeon #surgeon #cardiothoracic #surgery #registered-nurses #scrub-nurse

Keaira M.’s Avatar
Keaira M. Oct 18, 2016

What should you study to get into medical school

I want to know what I should study when I take the test #doctor #medicine #medical #healthcare #university #medical-education #general-surgery...

#helping-people

jhyenna louie A.’s Avatar
jhyenna louie A. Aug 28, 2016

How do you become a general surgeon and how much it cost?

I am an education student majoring in physical science because of financial problem I took this degree. But, I was planning to go in a medical school after this. #medicine...

#general-surgery

Rachel M.’s Avatar
Rachel M. May 04, 2016
Julia P.’s Avatar
Julia P. Apr 13, 2016

In order to be a surgeon, how many years do you need to be an intern?

I am a sophomore at Boston Collegiate Charter School and I was wondering how many years you have to be an intern in order to be a surgeon. #general-surgery...

#heart