Career Questions tagged General Surgery

Diya’s Avatar
Diya Dec 09, 2022 77 views

What courses should I take to become a general surgeon? #EOY22

Hello! I am interested in becoming a general surgeon but I just wanted to see what courses I should take in highschool to get prepared for it in college. Thank you so much in advance!

Jose’s Avatar
Jose Nov 09, 2022 116 views

What inspired you to be a doctor?

I just need to know if I feel the same.

kaiden’s Avatar
kaiden Mar 18, 2021 352 views

is being a surgeon hard

#surgeon #surgery #general-surgery #career

William’s Avatar
William Jan 27, 2021 460 views

I'm trying to become a general surgeon what do i need to become it ?

Im a senior in high school and I want to become a general surgeon and I'm not quite sure what I need to do to be able to become one. #general-surgery #surgeon #surgery

Jessica’s Avatar
Jessica Jul 21, 2020 248 views

What made you become a surgeon?

#general-surgery

Jessica’s Avatar
Jessica Jul 21, 2020 219 views

How can I become a good surgeon?

#surgeon #general-surgery

Jessica’s Avatar
Jessica Jul 21, 2020 282 views

What's so interesting about being a surgeon?

#general-surgery #surgery

Aileen’s Avatar
Aileen Aug 20, 2018 508 views

What TYPE of veterinarians are there?

Surgeon? Cat and Dog? #surgeon #neurosurgeon #general-surgery

Adam’s Avatar
Adam Jul 01, 2018 622 views

Is cardiology a good field to become a surgeon in?

I am a rising junior in college and I know its really early to be thinking about this. I am positive I want to become a surgeon and have chosen three fields that sound interesting to me: Cardiothoracic surgeon, General surgeon, or Trauma Surgeon, in that order. #surgeon #general-surgery...

jennifer’s Avatar
jennifer Mar 21, 2018 452 views

what other strengths or experiences might I need for becoming an RN or a Surgeon?

I have so little of strengths I can talk to some people sometimes I don't really like talking to new people. I also love taking care of babies and older people. I have always found an interest in becoming a surgeon. But I would like to know what other strengths I need for theses two jobs that...

Alexis’s Avatar
Alexis Sep 01, 2017 770 views

How does the path to becoming a plastic surgeon differ from that of a general surgeon?

Recently, I've been intrigued by a fascinating and controversial career: plastic/reconstructive surgeon. How does the path toward becoming a plastic surgeon differ from someone aspiring to be a general surgeon? And what does this journey entail? It has always haunted me on whether there is...

Hajira’s Avatar
Hajira Nov 04, 2016 1693 views

how to become a cardiologist

i am interest about in cardiologist .it is my favorite.i want to know it.please tell me about it. #healthcare #surgery #doctorate-degree #general-surgery #ios-development #mhuu

Makayla’s Avatar
Makayla Oct 31, 2016 691 views

What are some of the ways that you deal with difficult situations that you face as a surgeon?

I want to become a doctor, and specifically a neurosurgeon. I know that it takes a long time, there is much to learn, and years of study to achieve this goal. I realize that I could face some situations that are difficult and that no matter how good I am, I may not be able to help everyone....

elizabeth’s Avatar
elizabeth Oct 29, 2016 673 views

What is surgery like?

I think I want to be a surgeon and I wanted to know what performing surgery is like. Is it fun? Hard? As rewarding as it seems? #surgery #surgeon #general-surgery #doctors #cardiac-surgeon #plastic-surgeon #spine-surgery #oral-surgery

Danielle’s Avatar
Danielle Oct 29, 2016 573 views

When pursuing a career in medicine, what are things that one can do in high school (as a junior) to better prepare for this career?

I want to pursue a career as a cardiologist. I also want to be prepared for college and pre med school. What are internships that I should research? Are there certain classes I should take as a high school student? #medicine #pre-med #surgery #medical-education #general-surgery

Lydia’s Avatar
Lydia Oct 26, 2016 721 views

What are some tips to getting through med school?

I am currently in high school and am interested in the becoming an MD one day. The thought of medical school frightens me and I was wondering what kind of tips there are for getting into and through medical school. I am very interested in surgery (cardiothoracic and general). #medicine...

Lydia’s Avatar
Lydia Oct 26, 2016 617 views

What are the most important traits for a successful surgeon to have?

I shadowed a surgeon about a month ago and loved my experience! I got to scrub in and see many different surgeries and I handled a removed gallbladder and thyroid. It was an exhilarating day and I have been more and more interested in surgery the more I learn about it. I have been told...

Ally’s Avatar
Ally Oct 24, 2016 810 views

What is the most important thing to know before becoming a surgeon?

I have wanted to be a doctor ever since I was four, and I am trying now to narrow down my field of interest. My little sister has had many surgeries in her lifetime, so I have had lots of exposure to the world of medicine. Therefore, I am examining the field of surgery and how that could fit...

Keaira’s Avatar
Keaira Oct 18, 2016 654 views

What should you study to get into medical school

I want to know what I should study when I take the test #doctor #medicine #healthcare #university -education #general-surgery #helping-people

Diepreye’s Avatar
Diepreye Oct 10, 2016 1017 views

i heard pre med is not a wise decision for neurosurgery or doctor so what other cources should i take

i want to know please #surgery #neuroscience #neurology #neurosurgeon #general-surgery

jhyenna louie’s Avatar
jhyenna louie Aug 28, 2016 4349 views

How do you become a general surgeon and how much it cost?

I am an education student majoring in physical science because of financial problem I took this degree. But, I was planning to go in a medical school after this. #medicine #general-surgery

Aurora’s Avatar
Aurora Aug 21, 2016 843 views

How do you choose which career you want to pursue when you don't know what you'll excell best in?

I am confused about my career choice. #teaching #pediatrics #architecture #business-development #general-surgery

Madison’s Avatar
Madison May 19, 2016 730 views

How much time does Orthopedic surgery consume on average per week?

time to start a family? #medicine #surgery #general-surgery #orthopedics #sports-and-orthopedics #surgery-scheduling #hospital-and-health-care #medical-device

Jasmine’s Avatar
Jasmine May 08, 2016 709 views

What colleges have the highest reputation for creating successful surgeons?

I'm a freshman in Arkansas, and my high school teachers, while they attempt to be helpful, don't know enough about my future career plans to be of much help. #healthcare #health #surgery #general-surgery #trauma-treatment #doctor #hospital-and-health-care #college #career #career-counseling

Rachel’s Avatar
Rachel May 04, 2016 849 views

How many years of school would it take to be a heart surgeon?

I want to be a heart surgeon, so I'd like to know. #medicine #surgery #surgeon #general-surgery #cardiology #internal-medicine #cardiovascular

Julia’s Avatar
Julia Apr 13, 2016 828 views

In order to be a surgeon, how many years do you need to be an intern?

I am a sophomore at Boston Collegiate Charter School and I was wondering how many years you have to be an intern in order to be a surgeon. #general-surgery #heart