Career Questions tagged Orthopedics

Kalyssa’s Avatar
Kalyssa 3 hours ago 6 views

What is the difference between a Sports Medicine Degree and an Exercise Science Degree ?

I’m looking into putting on casts and working in the orthopedic field, but I’m not sure which major will benefit me more.

eliana’s Avatar
eliana Nov 03 90 views

can you take criticism and if not why?

can you take criticism and if not why and how ?

Yareli’s Avatar
Yareli Oct 25 122 views

What are some majors to, to become an orthopedic surgeon ?

Need help figuring out the best majors for this career pathway

Yareli’s Avatar
Yareli Oct 25 334 views

What is the education needed for a orthopedic surgeon?

An orthopedic surgeon is one of my interests in my future career and I want to know the education needed.

Kalyssa’s Avatar
Kalyssa Oct 17 163 views

After I obtain a degree in advanced pediatric nurse practitioner, would I have to go into more schooling to specialize in orthopedics?

I want to work with children that have injuries or issues from sports, so I thought the correct pathway would be to become a nurse first and then specialize from there?

Kalyssa’s Avatar
Kalyssa Oct 17 145 views

How do I become a Orthopedic Nurse? Like what should I major in?

I want to specialize in providing care as a nurse to patients suffering from musculoskeletal issues.

Lindsay’s Avatar
Lindsay Oct 08, 2021 233 views

I'm in the 10th grade, are there any specific classes i should look into to become an orthopedic physician?

At school i am taking health classes and sports medicine but i am wodering if any other classes will help me get to this career goal. I would like to go into the orthopedic feild but i dont want to be a surgeon. #Orthopedics #schooling #highschool #healthcare #medical #ortho

Mmakgwedi’s Avatar
Mmakgwedi Jun 13, 2021 339 views

Which major should I go for in order to study Orthopedic?

#medicine #doctor #orthopedics

Jeimy’s Avatar
Jeimy May 19, 2021 550 views

What is needed to becoming an orthopedic surgeon?

I have always been fascinated by helping others. I am also interested in medicine in general- bones especially intrigue me. The anatomy of bones and functions in the body is unique yet in everyone.
#surgery #orthopedics #medicine

TYanna’s Avatar
TYanna Nov 13, 2020 269 views

How long does it take to finish medical school?

I am a junior in high school trying to figure out what i want to do after i graduate and i feel like since i like helping people health wise i should be a nurse or a doctor.

#health #doctor #neurosurgeon #orthopedics

Alaa’s Avatar
Alaa Oct 26, 2020 316 views

how long do you have to attend school to become an orthopedic surgeon

#orthopedics #surgeon #school

Mary’s Avatar
Mary Jul 17, 2018 565 views

Osteopathic Orthopedic Surgeon, what's best major for Bachelors degree?

If my long term goal is to become an Osteopathic Orthopedic Surgeon, what is the best major to study for my Bachelors degree?
#surgery #surgeon #medicine #healthcare #hospital-and-healthcare #college #college-major #doctor #orthopedics #osteopathy

Alexis’s Avatar
Alexis Jul 13, 2018 513 views

Does anybody know how many years in would take to be a heart surgeon, bone surgeon, or neurosurgeon?

#medicine #surgeon #neurosurgeon #orthopedics #surgery

Karlie’s Avatar
Karlie Jun 06, 2018 482 views

What is a day to day schedule for an Orthopedic Surgeon?

Day in the life of an orthopedic surgeon. What is something that you do every day and something that happens, but isn't common. Also can you talk about a specialization in sports med if possible
#orthopedics #surgeons #sportsmedicine #medicine

Charisa’s Avatar
Charisa May 31, 2018 556 views

Medical Science - Neuroscience, Orthopedics, Hematology and Ophthamology. What should I go for?

I'm personally interested in Medical Science particularly; hematology, opthamology, orthopedics and neuroscience. I've not yet made up my mind on a particular one to go for. How do I know the one to specialise on?

#medicine #medical-field #med #neuroscience #orthopedics

Yura’s Avatar
Yura May 02, 2018 1700 views

Is it possible to become an Athletic Trainer and a Physical Therapist?

My goal is to be a professional in sports medicine field. I came from another country to learn sports medicine as I want to become an Athletic Trainer. I know it is pretty hard since I am a second language learner, however I am also interested in nutrition, physical therapy, and...

YvesLangston’s Avatar
YvesLangston Mar 19, 2018 598 views

How can I have a positive impact in my future career field?

I am currently pursuing a degree in Biology with goals to get into Medical School to study Orthopedics. What are some challenges that Orthopedic doctors and surgeons face today that I could make into a goal to overcome?
#medicine #sports-medicine #orthopedics

Vanessa ’s Avatar
Vanessa Oct 10, 2017 540 views

How much work did it take to become an orthopedic surgeon? Did it all pay off?

I've been interested in this job for a while now. i still have a lot of time to think about my future but i would love to know. #medicine-practice #orthopedics #sports-and-orthopedics #sports-injuries #medicine

Taiya’s Avatar
Taiya Sep 01, 2017 583 views

How much school do you need to complete to be an orthopedic surgeon?

I want to know how much school will it take to be an orthopedic surgeon and what major should I major in. #medicine #orthopedics #sports-and-orthopedics #orthopedic-rehabilitation #surgeon

Gillian’s Avatar
Gillian Oct 28, 2016 661 views

There are many different branches of PT jobs and i would like to go into orthopedics, is that the best route to go?

I just want to know that I will be successful in my job, and I really like the anatomy of the bones and muscles, so I think orthopedics is the right path for me to go. #science #graduate-school #physical-therapy #orthopedics

Emmanuela’s Avatar
Emmanuela Aug 23, 2016 512 views

As an orthopedic surgeon what does it take to be it? Have there been any challenges facing you either from a patient not enjoying your services? How many bones do I need to know about in the body? What are the challenges in the field?

I want to be an orthopedic surgeon. #orthopedics #bones #joint-ventures #pelvis

Keziah’s Avatar
Keziah Jun 18, 2016 691 views

What is the day to day life of an Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon?

After having knee surgery and hearing/ seeing what my surgeon did,I was hooked on the field of work. I wanted to be an Anesthesiologist but after all that I went though I know I could better connect with patients due to my personal journey.
#doctor #surgeon #orthopedics #pediatric

Ricku’s Avatar
Ricku May 27, 2016 670 views

What classes should I take in high school to achieve a career in surgery

I am going to be a sophomore in high school next year and I was wondering if there was any specific courses or classes I can take to get into a great medical university such as Vanderbilt. I would like to have a field in spine surgeon. #high-school #surgery #surgeon #high-school-classes...

Rachel’s Avatar
Rachel May 26, 2016 796 views

Is studying biology or biomedcial engeneering as an undergraduate beter if I want to attend medical school after college?

I am visiting colleges this summer and trying to determine my course of study in college. I currently want to be either a Orthopedic Surgeon, Cardiologist, or Neurologist. #professor #pre-med #phd #medicine #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care #neuroscience #orthopedics #cardiology

John’s Avatar
John May 24, 2016 731 views

Can anyone tell me a day in the life of a orthopedic surgeon?

I want to become a orthopedic surgeon and was just curious what a day to day schedule looked like! Thank you #medicine #orthopedics

trinity’s Avatar
trinity May 24, 2016 941 views

what is some good advice for an aspiring pediactric surgeon (orthopedic)?

I would like to know anything and everything that can help me further educate myself and also put me in the right direction. #doctor #medicine #pediatrics #surgery #orthopedics #surgeons #hospital-and-health-care

Madison’s Avatar
Madison May 19, 2016 719 views

How much time does Orthopedic surgery consume on average per week?

time to start a family? #medicine #surgery #general-surgery #orthopedics #sports-and-orthopedics #surgery-scheduling #hospital-and-health-care #medical-device

julia’s Avatar
julia Apr 13, 2016 763 views

How many years of college education is required to become an orthopedic doctor? Also, what courses are required to become an orthopedic doctor?

I am a sophomore in high school in Boston and I have been interested in becoming an orthopedic doctor, but I am concerned about how many years I will have to attend college. #doctor #courses #orthopedics

Anacia’s Avatar
Anacia Mar 01, 2016 897 views

I wanted to major in the Biology field in college, I was wondering how will Biology really play a major role in me pursuing my career path in the Medical field, in terms of the process?

When it comes down to what I know, I know that with either being a Dentist, Oncologist, or an Orthopedic Surgeon, I know that I will ultimately have to major in Biology in college for the four years and get my Bachelors Degree. I currently take AP Biology as a Senior at my high School, there...

Lukas’s Avatar
Lukas Oct 25, 2015 1967 views

what was the most challenging aspect of dental school

hi i need to know more about being orthodontist #orthopedics