Career Questions tagged Orthopedics

Lindsay P.’s Avatar
Lindsay P. Oct 08 74 views

I'm in the 10th grade, are there any specific classes i should look into to become an orthopedic physician?

At school i am taking health classes and sports medicine but i am wodering if any other classes will help me get to this career goal. I would like to go into the orthopedic feild but i dont want to be a surgeon. Orthopedics schooling highschool healthcare medical...

ortho

Jeimy V.’s Avatar
Jeimy V. May 19 263 views

What is needed to becoming an orthopedic surgeon?

I have always been fascinated by helping others. I am also interested in medicine in general- bones especially intrigue me. The anatomy of bones and functions in the body is unique yet in everyone. surgery orthopedics...

medicine

TYanna F.’s Avatar
TYanna F. Nov 13, 2020 168 views

How long does it take to finish medical school?

I am a junior in high school trying to figure out what i want to do after i graduate and i feel like since i like helping people health wise i should be a nurse or a doctor. health doctor neurosurgeon...

orthopedics

Mary D.’s Avatar
Mary D. Jul 17, 2018 386 views

Osteopathic Orthopedic Surgeon, what's best major for Bachelors degree?

If my long term goal is to become an Osteopathic Orthopedic Surgeon, what is the best major to study for my Bachelors degree? surgery surgeon medicine healthcare hospital-and-healthcare college college-major doctor orthopedics...

osteopathy

Charisa E.’s Avatar
Charisa E. May 31, 2018 410 views

Medical Science - Neuroscience, Orthopedics, Hematology and Ophthamology. What should I go for?

I'm personally interested in Medical Science particularly; hematology, opthamology, orthopedics and neuroscience. I've not yet made up my mind on a particular one to go for. How do I know the one to specialise on? medicine medical-field med neuroscience...

orthopedics

Karlie W.’s Avatar
Karlie W. Jun 06, 2018 370 views

What is a day to day schedule for an Orthopedic Surgeon?

Day in the life of an orthopedic surgeon. What is something that you do every day and something that happens, but isn't common. Also can you talk about a specialization in sports med if possible orthopedics surgeons sportsmedicine...

medicine

Yura P.’s Avatar
Yura P. May 02, 2018 679 views

Is it possible to become an Athletic Trainer and a Physical Therapist?

My goal is to be a professional in sports medicine field. I came from another country to learn sports medicine as I want to become an Athletic Trainer. I know it is pretty hard since I am a second language learner, however I am also interested in nutrition, physical therapy, and...

orthopedics physical-therapy orthodontist kinesiology athletictraining sports-medicine physical-therapist college-major athletic-trainer

YvesLangston M.’s Avatar
YvesLangston M. Mar 19, 2018 453 views

How can I have a positive impact in my future career field?

I am currently pursuing a degree in Biology with goals to get into Medical School to study Orthopedics. What are some challenges that Orthopedic doctors and surgeons face today that I could make into a goal to overcome? medicine sports-medicine...

orthopedics

Vanessa  J.’s Avatar
Vanessa J. Oct 10, 2017 430 views

How much work did it take to become an orthopedic surgeon? Did it all pay off?

I've been interested in this job for a while now. i still have a lot of time to think about my future but i would love to know. medicine-practice orthopedics sports-and-orthopedics sports-injuries...

medicine

trinity M.’s Avatar
trinity M. May 24, 2016 825 views

what is some good advice for an aspiring pediactric surgeon (orthopedic)?

I would like to know anything and everything that can help me further educate myself and also put me in the right direction. doctor medicine pediatrics surgery orthopedics surgeons...

hospital-and-health-care

Rachel B.’s Avatar
Rachel B. May 26, 2016 625 views

Is studying biology or biomedcial engeneering as an undergraduate beter if I want to attend medical school after college?

I am visiting colleges this summer and trying to determine my course of study in college. I currently want to be either a Orthopedic Surgeon, Cardiologist, or Neurologist. professor pre-med phd medicine healthcare hospital-and-health-care neuroscience orthopedics...

cardiology

Taiya A.’s Avatar
Taiya A. Sep 01, 2017 447 views
Gillian E.’s Avatar
Gillian E. Oct 28, 2016 554 views

There are many different branches of PT jobs and i would like to go into orthopedics, is that the best route to go?

I just want to know that I will be successful in my job, and I really like the anatomy of the bones and muscles, so I think orthopedics is the right path for me to go. science graduate-school physical-therapy...

orthopedics

Keziah D.’s Avatar
Keziah D. Jun 18, 2016 610 views

What is the day to day life of an Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon?

After having knee surgery and hearing/ seeing what my surgeon did,I was hooked on the field of work. I wanted to be an Anesthesiologist but after all that I went though I know I could better connect with patients due to my personal journey. doctor surgeon orthopedics...

pediatric

Ricku C.’s Avatar
Ricku C. May 27, 2016 569 views

What classes should I take in high school to achieve a career in surgery

I am going to be a sophomore in high school next year and I was wondering if there was any specific courses or classes I can take to get into a great medical university such as Vanderbilt. I would like to have a field in spine surgeon. high-school surgery surgeon high-school-classes...

orthopedics spine-surgery

John M.’s Avatar
John M. May 24, 2016 618 views

Can anyone tell me a day in the life of a orthopedic surgeon?

I want to become a orthopedic surgeon and was just curious what a day to day schedule looked like! Thank you medicine...

orthopedics

julia C.’s Avatar
julia C. Apr 13, 2016 689 views

How many years of college education is required to become an orthopedic doctor? Also, what courses are required to become an orthopedic doctor?

I am a sophomore in high school in Boston and I have been interested in becoming an orthopedic doctor, but I am concerned about how many years I will have to attend college. doctor courses...

orthopedics

Anacia W.’s Avatar
Anacia W. Mar 01, 2016 811 views

I wanted to major in the Biology field in college, I was wondering how will Biology really play a major role in me pursuing my career path in the Medical field, in terms of the process?

When it comes down to what I know, I know that with either being a Dentist, Oncologist, or an Orthopedic Surgeon, I know that I will ultimately have to major in Biology in college for the four years and get my Bachelors Degree. I currently take AP Biology as a Senior at my high School, there...

orthopedics oncology biology dentist

Lukas T.’s Avatar
Lukas T. Oct 25, 2015 1787 views

what was the most challenging aspect of dental school

hi i need to know more about being orthodontist...

orthopedics

Lukas T.’s Avatar
Lukas T. Oct 25, 2015 1633 views