How can I have a positive impact in my future career field?

I am currently pursuing a degree in Biology with goals to get into Medical School to study Orthopedics. What are some challenges that Orthopedic doctors and surgeons face today that I could make into a goal to overcome?
#medicine #sports-medicine #orthopedics

6

Rashaan’s Answer

The most important career advice I can give you is to be driven and motivated by your interest in the field. For example, I had an interest in sports medicine after being an athlete in high school, which led to my drive to becoming an orthopaedic surgeon. I utilized that interest to study various conditions that impact athletes to better understand how I could become a clinician in the orthopedic field

Here is one for you: can you be very good in this profession in terms of everyday basis, there where it is most important and that is the OR. Because being just average is not an option. Danijel Raspopovic

Have a passion and a positive attitude in whatever it is you want to do. Toney Gaddis

0

Alessandra’s Answer

One of the challenges is how much there is to learn in such a relatively short period of formal training. Practicing a growth oriented mind-set can help keep you motivated and excited about these challenges. Remember, the field of medicine and surgery will change even after you graduate, so embrace that the education path is ongoing.

0

Sue’s Answer

Orthopedic surgery is an extremely rewarding field. Here is some good information from the Americal Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons: https://www.aaos.org/Membership/MedicalStudentResources/?ssopc=1. It's directed toward medical students, but it's not too early for you to read it now, while you're doing your undergraduate work. My advice for you is to keep an open mind and explore all the different areas of medicine. I like my field because it allows me to develop relationships with my patients as well as perform surgery. I see a wide variety of patients, from newborns to elderly patients, and take care of many different conditions. The field is constantly changing, so it's important to keep up with current knowledge. Best of luck to you!

0

ABHISHEK’s Answer

Be optimistic and don't be afraid of upcoming failures

0