Osteopathic Orthopedic Surgeon, what's best major for Bachelors degree?

Updated La Verkin, Utah

If my long term goal is to become an Osteopathic Orthopedic Surgeon, what is the best major to study for my Bachelors degree?
#surgery #surgeon #medicine #medical #healthcare #hospital-and-healthcare #college #college-major #doctor #orthopedics #osteopathy

Kyle’s Answer

Since you need to apply to medical school after undergrad college, you should choose a bachelors degree that will help you prepare for medical school. Anything in the sciences field (biology, chemistry, etc.) are probably the best options. However, there is no set path. I have a friend who went to medical school and he got a business minor in undergrad.

Kyle recommends the following next steps:

• Research what subjects are most important to everyday work as an Osteopathic Orthopedic Surgeon (may be able to Google this) and then match that to a major at whichever college you are attending.