Osteopathic Orthopedic Surgeon, what's best major for Bachelors degree?

2

If my long term goal is to become an Osteopathic Orthopedic Surgeon, what is the best major to study for my Bachelors degree?
#surgery #surgeon #medicine #healthcare #hospital-and-healthcare #college #college-major #doctor #orthopedics #osteopathy

2

Kyle’s Answer

0

Since you need to apply to medical school after undergrad college, you should choose a bachelors degree that will help you prepare for medical school. Anything in the sciences field (biology, chemistry, etc.) are probably the best options. However, there is no set path. I have a friend who went to medical school and he got a business minor in undergrad.

Kyle recommends the following next steps:

• Research what subjects are most important to everyday work as an Osteopathic Orthopedic Surgeon (may be able to Google this) and then match that to a major at whichever college you are attending.
0