Career Questions tagged Mathematics

Using principals and fundamentals to study the number of topics. Ranging from an economist to system engineer, there are a wide array of careers available. For more information, please read...

Stephanie S.’s Avatar
Stephanie S. Aug 29, 2018 137 views

What is the process of becoming a college professor?

Curious on how many credits I would need or what kind of degree I will need for a math or art professor. I want to know for any type of college too; community, CSU, UC, private, etc? #professor #california #mathematics...

#art

Alex F.’s Avatar
Alex F. Aug 22, 2018 165 views

How long should I study for classes?

How long should I study for classes like math and english. Im kind of bad at math so would an hour be good?...

#mathematics

jeffrey K.’s Avatar
jeffrey K. Aug 15, 2018 109 views

where do the student in the masters program for mathematics go to, like a typical classroom or meeting conference room for one on one teaching?

i noticed in the mathematics masters program at my University (UW), all the masters​ levels classes, there are only like 5 students​, sometimes 2 students. where do they go to have a lecture​s with the professor? do they just meet up with the proffsor ​at his office or in a regular big room...

#classrooms #professional #mathematics #mathdepartment #class #math

jeffrey K.’s Avatar
jeffrey K. Aug 15, 2018 165 views

After getting my math degree from an university, am I able to start a teaching position while still attending school?

after graduation with a BA in Mathematics, will i​​ be able to teach somewhere for part-tim​​​e and still be in the mathematics master progra​​​​m at the universit​y​​? #teaching #education #teacher #math...

#mathematics

Dillon R.’s Avatar
Dillon R. Aug 08, 2018 172 views
WESTRY T.’s Avatar
WESTRY T. Apr 29, 2018 165 views

What is the process of qualifying to teach subjects based on the Praxis Exam?

I was told by a fellow student that if I took the Praxis Exam in an area unrelated to my major, which is History Education, that I could be qualified in that area also. I am asking this because I was wondering if I could take the math portion of the test as well. If I then passed the math...

#education-policy #mathematics #exam #education #praxis #testing #math #teacher

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018 222 views

Best colleges for math majors?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#college-major #mathematics #college-majors #choosing-a-college #math

Carmen R.’s Avatar
Carmen R. May 27, 2018 213 views

What are some different career choices for a future in mathematics or science?

I am really good at math and it is one of my favorite subjects in school, as well as science. The only one I can think of is an actuary, and that type of job seems like it would get boring after doing the same thing for years. #math #mathematics...

#actuary

Lukas R.’s Avatar
Lukas R. May 15, 2018 223 views

What career possibilities are there with a degree in Mathematics?

I'm going for a degree in mathematics but I'm not sure what careers will be available to me. #math #mathematics #career...

#career-choice

Lukas R.’s Avatar
Lukas R. May 15, 2018 202 views

What courses go well with a mathematics degree?

I'm going to major in mathematics and am wondering what other degrees would go well with it. #math #mathematics...

#college-major

Jessica A.’s Avatar
Jessica A. May 10, 2018 244 views

How can you use a B.A in Math to enter the software world?

For example, I'm curious about how I could use a BA in Math to work at a company like Google. #math #mathematics #applied-mathematics #computational-mathematics #mathematical-modeling #workingforgoogle...

#google

Amanda R.’s Avatar
Amanda R. Apr 18, 2018 315 views

What professions would it be helpful to have a dual major in computer science and mathematics?

I'm wanting a dual major in computer science and mathematics. What kind of jobs will want or appreciate both of these degrees? I'm also minoring in education. #stem #stem-education #java #math #mathematics #computer-science #computer-programming #education #teaching #teacher...

#dualmajor

Amanda R.’s Avatar
Amanda R. Apr 18, 2018 255 views

Is a dual major in Computer Science and Math a good combination?

I'm currently graduating from community college, ready to transfer to the university. My associates will be in Java. Are math and computer science a good dual major? I'm also minoring in education. #stem #stem-education #java #math #mathematics #computer-science #computer-programming...

#teacher #education #dualmajor #teaching

Elly R.’s Avatar
Elly R. Jan 10, 2018 168 views

Is it possible to get a BA in music, with a minor in math or physics, and then apply to a graduate program in acoustics?

I am curious because I have been researching the career acoustical engineering, and want to know more about different possibilities to pursue that field. #tags #acoustics #engineering #college #career #mathematics...

#college-major

Vernon B.’s Avatar
Vernon B. May 08, 2016 469 views

what kind of job can you get with an kinesiology degree

I asked this question because I'm pursuing a bachelors degree in kinesiology in college. #science #mathematics #kinesiology...

#physical-therapy

keshya C.’s Avatar
keshya C. Mar 19, 2018 245 views

how do i decide which one i would want as a career?

I'm stuck between a few majors and their completely different. I have many interest and I want to narrow them down so I won't be stuck taking a million different classes trying to figure out what I want. #criminaljustice #graphic-design #nursing...

#mathematics

Madeleine W.’s Avatar
Madeleine W. Mar 18, 2018 228 views

What is the gender gap like in upper level sciences, first hand?

I am a female, high school senior considering a career path in upper level mathematics, academia and research. I am very concerned with underrepresentation of women and I would like to know of any first hand experiences. Researching online I find a lot of statistics, but I would like more. Has...

#stemcareers #women-in-stem #academia #science #computer-science-phd #mathematics #research #graduate-school #phdbound #science-phd #stem #professor #phd

Madeleine W.’s Avatar
Madeleine W. Mar 18, 2018 199 views

What kind of flexibility comes with being a professor? Any big pros and cons of the job?

I am a high school senior looking toward a possible career as a math professor. The things is, I have so many other passions like theatre. I am perfectly happy doing art on the side, but I would like to know if I pursue mathematics if it will be a possibility. #mathematics #professor #theatre...

#math-major

Shalini S.’s Avatar
Shalini S. Jan 24, 2018 186 views
Johnathan R.’s Avatar
Johnathan R. Jan 21, 2018 201 views

What exactly does a mathematician do after PhD

I'm interested in pursuing this career because of my interest in Math. I know that this is usually a research position, but I was curious if there was anyone in this field that could give me more detail #mathematics...

#math-major

Christina C.’s Avatar
Christina C. Jan 21, 2018 425 views

Do you have to be a 'math person' or a 'science person' to be successful in STEM?

I understand that most anyone can major most anything if they work hard and are persistent. However, it is clear that some of my peers are much quicker with learning concepts within STEM than I am, or it feels like their minds are just wired to do mental math or calculate or work through...

#skills #success #science #choosing-a-major #mathematics #stem

Brandy J.’s Avatar
Brandy J. Jan 18, 2018 345 views

I would like to know how many African American females hold degrees in Mathematics.

It is often said that minorities are not "good" at mathematics. I am just curious to know how many others have taken the journey I am embarking on successfully. #statistics #women-in-tech #women-in-stem #stem...

#mathematics

Brandy J.’s Avatar
Brandy J. Jan 18, 2018 200 views

I would like to know will there be jobs available to teach mathematics at the community college level when I graduate in 2022?

I always think that there are lots of job openings for teaching math; but, I don't want to make an assumption based on false information....

#mathematics

Martin K.’s Avatar
Martin K. Jan 16, 2018 267 views

I would like to participate in a Summer STEM program prior to attending college in the Fall of 2018. Do you have any programs that I can attend

Looking for STEM programs to enhance my love of mathematics. I plan to become a Secondary Education Teacher and later a Superintendent . I would love as much exposure to STEM as possible. #stem-education #stem...

#mathematics

Isabelle H.’s Avatar
Isabelle H. Jan 16, 2018 177 views

How do I combine math and music and teaching?

I love math. Before I loved it in school, I would go work out math puzzles with my uncle Richard, compete and train with Math Counts, take the AMC tests, and calculate measurements with my dad in his workshop; now I take the hardest math classes at my school and tutor math through National...

#music #music-education #music-industry #mathematics #math

Isabelle H.’s Avatar
Isabelle H. Jan 16, 2018 186 views

I want to teach math, but I have knee problems that need a consistent stream of money to stay okay. Advice?

I am good at math. I get As in AP math classes and tutor and do competition math for fun. But honestly, my biggest joy in math is my tutoring. I love to teach. Nothing fires me up like a kid that hates math because a bad math teacher failed them and convinced them they're awful at it. I hate...

#mathematics #mathematics-education #money-management #math

RAVI M.’s Avatar
RAVI M. Oct 30, 2017 330 views

Career after B.Sc. Mathematics?

What are the career opportunities after completion of #B.Sc. in #mathematics...

#math

Lavanya M.’s Avatar
Lavanya M. May 14, 2016 674 views

What course should I take after my second PUC?

i have completed my 2nd PUC in a commerce group . I am interested in mathematics, and I want to join B.com. What are the groups there in the B.com like marketing, accounting ect., and which is related to mathematics and commerce? #marketing #accountant #banking #statistics #commerce #math...

#mathematics #economics

Nandhini R.’s Avatar
Nandhini R. Apr 29, 2016 578 views

Why is logarithm very difficult?

Hi i am Nandhini. i am studying 9th standard my question is why logarithm is very difficult? #teaching #teacher #professor #mathematics...

#math