Career Questions tagged Mathematics

Using principals and fundamentals to study the number of topics. Ranging from an economist to system engineer, there are a wide array of careers available. For more information, please read...

BENITO JR C.’s Avatar
BENITO JR C. Apr 11 20 views

What are the things to learn in mechanical engineering?

I'm not good in math #education...

#mathematics

Emel C.’s Avatar
Emel C. Mar 02 59 views

What do you know about the dynamical systems theory?

It seems interesting and I want to study a sociology or astronomy application of it. #mathematics #sociology #astronomy #astrophysics...

#cosmology

Jaythean I.’s Avatar
Jaythean I. Feb 26 70 views

What jobs are available to someone interested in the math field?

I am a Junior from KIPP Academy in Lynn Massachusetts and for most of my academic career have found a liking in math, as a result of this interest I was hoping to continue pursuing this at the next level and was hoping to see some examples of jobs that involve math. #mathematics #career-options...

#applied-mathematics

Emma N.’s Avatar
Emma N. Feb 24 131 views

Do I need to be good at math to succeed as a Biology major?

I like biology, but I struggle with math. I really want to be either a biologist or a forensic scientist. Anyone in the biology field bad at math? #biology #science #math #mathematics...

Makiya B.’s Avatar
Makiya B. Feb 22 77 views
Kateryna S.’s Avatar
Kateryna S. Jan 21 109 views
Mikayla S.’s Avatar
Mikayla S. Nov 06, 2020 200 views
Megan B.’s Avatar
Megan B. Sep 16, 2020 197 views

What can you do with a computer science degree?

I am a civil engineering student. I choose civil engineering because I really like math and liked the thought of building big stuff. The classes are getting harder and I'm stressed more often. The science classes are so difficult for me. I do so much better in my math courses and the...

#computerscience #college-majors #civil-engineering #mathematics

Abigail B.’s Avatar
Abigail B. Aug 22, 2020 206 views
Bryan Z.’s Avatar
Bryan Z. Aug 05, 2020 347 views

What’s a good career/major if you absolutely sucks at everything related to math and numbers but you are pretty good at everything else?

I’ve been struggling a lot in my advanced math classes, but I did exceptionally well in all of my other classes, including physics. Is there any computer related major that doesn’t involve too much math?(No calculus involved please) #math #mathematics #career-options...

#computer

Angelina C.’s Avatar
Angelina C. Jul 25, 2020 430 views

How did you decide what you wanted to do after college?

I am a rising high school senior who is interested in STEM, and I would like to know more about the possible career paths in this field. #career #stem #careers #engineering #tech #medicine #technology #chemistry #math #economics #mathematics...

#data

A R.’s Avatar
A R. Jul 19, 2020 244 views
Armando O.’s Avatar
Armando O. Oct 04, 2019 650 views

How beneficial would a minor in Mathematics be as a Mechanical Engineering major?

I'm a junior currently attending Astate CQ and I wanted to get some advice about minoring in math or maybe even in business. I would like to know in what direction would I be heading towards having these types of minors. Also, how should I chose between those minors or should I also open up to...

#mathematics #minor #engineering #math #mechanical-engineer #college-major #major

Chance T.’s Avatar
Chance T. May 23, 2019 218 views

What is the most rewarding aspect of Brickmasonry?

Basically, I want to know exactly what makes it feel so enjoyable and worthwhile. Is it the fact of heavy working? Is it the calculating? Is it being able to move heavy things often? #brickmasonry #brickmason #mathematics...

#construction

Stephanie S.’s Avatar
Stephanie S. Aug 29, 2018 257 views

What is the process of becoming a college professor?

Curious on how many credits I would need or what kind of degree I will need for a math or art professor. I want to know for any type of college too; community, CSU, UC, private, etc? #professor #california #mathematics...

#art

Alex F.’s Avatar
Alex F. Aug 22, 2018 322 views

How long should I study for classes?

How long should I study for classes like math and english. Im kind of bad at math so would an hour be good?...

#mathematics

jeffrey K.’s Avatar
jeffrey K. Aug 15, 2018 219 views

where do the student in the masters program for mathematics go to, like a typical classroom or meeting conference room for one on one teaching?

i noticed in the mathematics masters program at my University (UW), all the masters​ levels classes, there are only like 5 students​, sometimes 2 students. where do they go to have a lecture​s with the professor? do they just meet up with the proffsor ​at his office or in a regular big room...

#class #mathematics #math #mathdepartment #professional #classrooms

jeffrey K.’s Avatar
jeffrey K. Aug 15, 2018 313 views

After getting my math degree from an university, am I able to start a teaching position while still attending school?

after graduation with a BA in Mathematics, will i​​ be able to teach somewhere for part-tim​​​e and still be in the mathematics master progra​​​​m at the universit​y​​? #teaching #education #teacher #math...

#mathematics