Career Questions tagged Mathematics

Using principals and fundamentals to study the number of topics. Ranging from an economist to system engineer, there are a wide array of careers available. For more information, please read...

Angelica L.’s Avatar
Angelica L. Jun 02 55 views

What is the most challenging aspect as a senior associate accountant?

I am currently taking ABM strand in this time of pandemic yet the discussions and modules are useless because I cannot understand all of them and no one's helping me out. mathematics...

statistics

Spencer T.’s Avatar
Spencer T. May 20 136 views

What to expect being a computer scientist ?

What to understand and learn when diving into the field of computer science such as, social environment, scheduling hours, pay-rate, and sections of mathematics that are specialized/required in this course? mathematics science...

technology

Rachel D.’s Avatar
Rachel D. Apr 26 189 views

What opportunities does a master's degree in marine biology present?

I am a student in high school approaching college where I will be studying marine biology. I am passionate about the field and looking for what kinds of careers it can open up. I am additionally very inclined to areas involving mathematics, technology and engineering. computer-engineer career...

engineering high-school-students mathematics medicine

BENITO JR C.’s Avatar
BENITO JR C. Apr 11 116 views
Emel C.’s Avatar
Emel C. Mar 02 212 views

What do you know about the dynamical systems theory?

It seems interesting and I want to study a sociology or astronomy application of it. mathematics sociology astronomy astrophysics...

cosmology

Jaythean I.’s Avatar
Jaythean I. Feb 26 285 views

What jobs are available to someone interested in the math field?

I am a Junior from KIPP Academy in Lynn Massachusetts and for most of my academic career have found a liking in math, as a result of this interest I was hoping to continue pursuing this at the next level and was hoping to see some examples of jobs that involve math. mathematics career-options...

applied-mathematics

Emma N.’s Avatar
Emma N. Feb 24 290 views

Do I need to be good at math to succeed as a Biology major?

I like biology, but I struggle with math. I really want to be either a biologist or a forensic scientist. Anyone in the biology field bad at math? biology science math mathematics...

college

Megan B.’s Avatar
Megan B. Sep 16, 2020 291 views

What can you do with a computer science degree?

I am a civil engineering student. I choose civil engineering because I really like math and liked the thought of building big stuff. The classes are getting harder and I'm stressed more often. The science classes are so difficult for me. I do so much better in my math courses and the...

college-majors mathematics civil-engineering computerscience

Abigail B.’s Avatar
Abigail B. Aug 22, 2020 305 views

I want to become an engineer but I'm not sure which engineering field I should pursue, how can I narrow down my choices?

I love science and math, and roller coasters are what got me inspired to become an engineer. math maths mathematician...

mathematics

Bryan Z.’s Avatar
Bryan Z. Aug 05, 2020 453 views

What’s a good career/major if you absolutely sucks at everything related to math and numbers but you are pretty good at everything else?

I’ve been struggling a lot in my advanced math classes, but I did exceptionally well in all of my other classes, including physics. Is there any computer related major that doesn’t involve too much math?(No calculus involved please) math mathematics career-options...

computer

Angelina C.’s Avatar
Angelina C. Jul 25, 2020 527 views

How did you decide what you wanted to do after college?

I am a rising high school senior who is interested in STEM, and I would like to know more about the possible career paths in this field. career stem careers engineering tech medicine technology chemistry math economics mathematics...

data

A R.’s Avatar
A R. Jul 19, 2020 323 views
Armando O.’s Avatar
Armando O. Oct 04, 2019 1029 views

How beneficial would a minor in Mathematics be as a Mechanical Engineering major?

I'm a junior currently attending Astate CQ and I wanted to get some advice about minoring in math or maybe even in business. I would like to know in what direction would I be heading towards having these types of minors. Also, how should I chose between those minors or should I also open up to...

minor engineering major mathematics mechanical-engineer math college-major

Chance T.’s Avatar
Chance T. May 23, 2019 273 views

What is the most rewarding aspect of Brickmasonry?

Basically, I want to know exactly what makes it feel so enjoyable and worthwhile. Is it the fact of heavy working? Is it the calculating? Is it being able to move heavy things often? brickmasonry brickmason mathematics...

construction