Career Questions tagged Mathematics

Using principals and fundamentals to study the number of topics. Ranging from an economist to system engineer, there are a wide array of careers available. For more information, please read...

Mikayla S.’s Avatar
Mikayla S. Nov 06, 2020 113 views
Kennady M.’s Avatar
Kennady M. Oct 26, 2020 95 views
Megan B.’s Avatar
Megan B. Sep 16, 2020 172 views

What can you do with a computer science degree?

I am a civil engineering student. I choose civil engineering because I really like math and liked the thought of building big stuff. The classes are getting harder and I'm stressed more often. The science classes are so difficult for me. I do so much better in my math courses and the...

#civil-engineering #college-majors #computerscience #mathematics

dantavia T.’s Avatar
dantavia T. Aug 24, 2020 96 views
Abigail B.’s Avatar
Abigail B. Aug 22, 2020 156 views

I want to become an engineer but I'm not sure which engineering field I should pursue, how can I narrow down my choices?

I love science and math, and roller coasters are what got me inspired to become an engineer. #math #maths #mathematician...

#mathematics

Bryan Z.’s Avatar
Bryan Z. Aug 05, 2020 267 views

What’s a good career/major if you absolutely sucks at everything related to math and numbers but you are pretty good at everything else?

I’ve been struggling a lot in my advanced math classes, but I did exceptionally well in all of my other classes, including physics. Is there any computer related major that doesn’t involve too much math?(No calculus involved please) #math #mathematics #career-options...

#computer

Angelina C.’s Avatar
Angelina C. Jul 25, 2020 362 views

How did you decide what you wanted to do after college?

I am a rising high school senior who is interested in STEM, and I would like to know more about the possible career paths in this field. #career #stem #careers #engineering #tech #medicine #technology #chemistry #math #economics #mathematics...

#data

A R.’s Avatar
A R. Jul 19, 2020 200 views

I want robotics as my future, help me out.

#robotics #cybernetics #mathematics #physics #computer I'm still class 11 and I want to become a...

Armando O.’s Avatar
Armando O. Oct 04, 2019 423 views

How beneficial would a minor in Mathematics be as a Mechanical Engineering major?

I'm a junior currently attending Astate CQ and I wanted to get some advice about minoring in math or maybe even in business. I would like to know in what direction would I be heading towards having these types of minors. Also, how should I chose between those minors or should I also open up to...

#engineering #college-major #mathematics #mechanical-engineer #minor #math #major

Chance T.’s Avatar
Chance T. May 23, 2019 194 views

What is the most rewarding aspect of Brickmasonry?

Basically, I want to know exactly what makes it feel so enjoyable and worthwhile. Is it the fact of heavy working? Is it the calculating? Is it being able to move heavy things often? #brickmasonry #brickmason #mathematics...

#construction

Stephanie S.’s Avatar
Stephanie S. Aug 29, 2018 237 views

What is the process of becoming a college professor?

Curious on how many credits I would need or what kind of degree I will need for a math or art professor. I want to know for any type of college too; community, CSU, UC, private, etc? #professor #california #mathematics...

#art

Alex F.’s Avatar
Alex F. Aug 22, 2018 302 views

How long should I study for classes?

How long should I study for classes like math and english. Im kind of bad at math so would an hour be good?...

#mathematics

jeffrey K.’s Avatar
jeffrey K. Aug 15, 2018 204 views

where do the student in the masters program for mathematics go to, like a typical classroom or meeting conference room for one on one teaching?

i noticed in the mathematics masters program at my University (UW), all the masters​ levels classes, there are only like 5 students​, sometimes 2 students. where do they go to have a lecture​s with the professor? do they just meet up with the proffsor ​at his office or in a regular big room...

#class #classrooms #mathematics #professional #mathdepartment #math

jeffrey K.’s Avatar
jeffrey K. Aug 15, 2018 289 views

After getting my math degree from an university, am I able to start a teaching position while still attending school?

after graduation with a BA in Mathematics, will i​​ be able to teach somewhere for part-tim​​​e and still be in the mathematics master progra​​​​m at the universit​y​​? #teaching #education #teacher #math...

#mathematics

Dillon R.’s Avatar
Dillon R. Aug 08, 2018 302 views
WESTRY T.’s Avatar
WESTRY T. Apr 29, 2018 303 views

What is the process of qualifying to teach subjects based on the Praxis Exam?

I was told by a fellow student that if I took the Praxis Exam in an area unrelated to my major, which is History Education, that I could be qualified in that area also. I am asking this because I was wondering if I could take the math portion of the test as well. If I then passed the math...

#exam #mathematics #testing #education #education-policy #math #teacher #praxis

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018 369 views

Best colleges for math majors?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#mathematics #math #choosing-a-college #college-major #college-majors

Carmen R.’s Avatar
Carmen R. May 27, 2018 360 views

What are some different career choices for a future in mathematics or science?

I am really good at math and it is one of my favorite subjects in school, as well as science. The only one I can think of is an actuary, and that type of job seems like it would get boring after doing the same thing for years. #math #mathematics...

#actuary

Lukas R.’s Avatar
Lukas R. May 15, 2018 371 views

What career possibilities are there with a degree in Mathematics?

I'm going for a degree in mathematics but I'm not sure what careers will be available to me. #math #mathematics #career...

#career-choice

Lukas R.’s Avatar
Lukas R. May 15, 2018 368 views

What courses go well with a mathematics degree?

I'm going to major in mathematics and am wondering what other degrees would go well with it. #math #mathematics...

#college-major

Jessica A.’s Avatar
Jessica A. May 10, 2018 371 views

How can you use a B.A in Math to enter the software world?

For example, I'm curious about how I could use a BA in Math to work at a company like Google. #math #mathematics #applied-mathematics #computational-mathematics #mathematical-modeling #workingforgoogle...

#google

Amanda R.’s Avatar
Amanda R. Apr 18, 2018 467 views

What professions would it be helpful to have a dual major in computer science and mathematics?

I'm wanting a dual major in computer science and mathematics. What kind of jobs will want or appreciate both of these degrees? I'm also minoring in education. #stem #stem-education #java #math #mathematics #computer-science #computer-programming #education #teaching #teacher...

#dualmajor