Career Questions tagged Grades

Sid R.’s Avatar
Sid R. Nov 05, 2021 79 views

What if you get all A's but low.

What if for a whole semester you got good grade by low A's how would that be?...

grades

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Apr 19, 2021 176 views

Any advice for those students who are struggling with their academics, especially those who feel they aren't "smart"?

Office Hours #4: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Mark Eagle This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was...

academics gpa grades study-skills

Thomas H.’s Avatar
Thomas H. Mar 17, 2021 144 views

Does grades matter?

I'm wondering this because there is a lot of people who say that grades do matter and some say that grades do not matter. Does grade matter?...

grades

Gabriela M.’s Avatar
Gabriela M. Aug 28, 2018 459 views

Can I get into a good school if I did average in my freshman year?

I'm not planning on going to any super exclusive university like Cornell or Yale. My dream school is NYU but, last I checked, only around 30% of applicants get accepted. I didn't do as well as I could've my freshman year, but so far, my sophomore year has been nothing but A's and high B's. Is...

college school grades college-application

Brittany C.’s Avatar
Brittany C. Jan 23, 2018 489 views

How can I keep up my grades in college?

I want to maintain a good college GPA so I can better succeed and possibly achieve more scholarships from my good grades. grades study-tips...

gpa

Tomi C.’s Avatar
Tomi C. May 18, 2018 371 views

What grade averages do I need

When I attend college and decide my major what grade averages do I need to he able to become a pediatrician? Study habits? pediatrics college pediatrician medicine grades...

healthcare

grace S.’s Avatar
grace S. Jul 23, 2018 424 views

How can I get a scholarship for a soccer?

I have been playing soccer for 7 to 8 years, I played in the front or a defender and goalie but my family and friends kept on asking if I got a scholarship from the game I had played. But I have played in soccer clubs and regular soccer teams but my I have been so curious of HOW you get...

career grades college soccer school

Jason G.’s Avatar
Jason G. May 25, 2018 596 views

Should I focus on academics or extracurricular activities?

I will start a one year graduate program this fall. I am also active as a volunteer and leader in several organizations that match my interests and later career goals. If my academic responsibilities and my responsibilities due to my positions in these organizations conflict, can it make sense...

volunteer extracurriculars studying college jobs grades

Julia G.’s Avatar
Julia G. May 06, 2018 310 views

Is it a good idea to retake classes I've gotten a B in?

I want to be competitive for colleges, but am not sure if having the retake symbol next to my grade on my transcript is worth it....

grades

Alyssa G.’s Avatar
Alyssa G. Jan 16, 2018 466 views

Is the grade card for nursing different for all schools or is there one universal grade chart for all nursing school students?

I am going into nursing school and noticed a grade chart and I wasn't sure if that was for just the specific school or if it related to a universal grade chart. After becoming an RN, I will be a pediatrician. medicine #grades nursing college...

pediatrics

Alan Y.’s Avatar
Alan Y. Jan 16, 2018 486 views

How important is senior year of high school?

Many people tend to take it easy on the last year, is it better to take easy classes or to take more rigorous classes like ap and concurrent? high-school-students grades high-school-classes picking-classes college...

college-admissions

Zona Q.’s Avatar
Zona Q. Jan 16, 2018 407 views

Does failing in one elective means that you can not graduate?

i am asking this question because i have computer science AP class and it is really hard and i feel i can't get good grades in it. Somehow i passed my 1st semester but i am worried about my 2nd semester because if i don't pass maybe i have to go summer school and then delay my graduation and i...

graduation grades academic-advising

Katelyn S.’s Avatar
Katelyn S. Jan 16, 2018 504 views
Brooklyn M.’s Avatar
Brooklyn M. Mar 17, 2018 4197 views

Can a student recover from failing a college class?

How many classes can a student fail before they are not able to succeed? Can a student recover from a few failed classes after retaking them and getting a better grade? What happens when you take a class that cannot be retaken because it is above 3000, but you need it to succeed? Can I...

classes college sophomore student grades gpa stress class help student-development mental-health failure freshmen university recover recovery stress-management

Madison K.’s Avatar
Madison K. Jan 24, 2018 363 views

How can I have a fun, busy social life while still maintaining good grades?

I plan on going to college, and I want to get good grades, and graduate. However, I also want to have a social life and I want to be able to go out and have fun! How can I balance those two things? sociallife college work-life-balance...

grades

Mariam I.’s Avatar
Mariam I. Jan 16, 2018 558 views

How important are extracurriculars to grad school?

In high school, extracurricular clubs and activities are a big part of college applications. When applying for grad school, is this the same way? Or do grad schools just look for consistently high grades? grades extracurriculars grad graduate-school #gradschool graduateschool...

undergraduate student-clubs

Brittany S.’s Avatar
Brittany S. Oct 21, 2016 742 views
Mitchell A.’s Avatar
Mitchell A. Sep 16, 2016 885 views

Will graduating with a very well GPA compared to graduating with an average GPA matter for getting a job?

Every semester I do and try my hardest to be the best that I can be. My GPA has never been lower than a 3.2, and I know that this really isn't even that good of a GPA but it is better than most, so I hear. What I would like to know is that will graduating with a high GPA necessarily make my...

career-path career-paths gpa career grades

Tiffanie L.’s Avatar
Tiffanie L. Jun 29, 2016 670 views

How can I get better grades?

The question was worded very differently from what I am trying to ask.To clarify, even though I had tried very hard to get a good overall GPA for my second semester in college, I still seemed to get lower than a 3.0 GPA. So, I believe that even when I tried my best I still didn't get the grades...

college gpa school grades

Micaela M.’s Avatar
Micaela M. May 26, 2016 739 views

How do you think that your first year of college changed you?

Being a junior in college I have seen so much growth mentally. I feel as though I am a whole new person after the experiences I have had or have been put through. I wanted to know if anyone else has ever felt that they too have changed at all, and in what ways? college education...

new-media lifestyle news questionnaires grades career-change

Yula K.’s Avatar
Yula K. May 16, 2016 718 views

What can I do to maintain good grades when starting college?

College is different from high school and the professors are strict so I was wondering what I can do to earn good grades. college education advice...

grades

Yula K.’s Avatar
Yula K. May 16, 2016 929 views

Would it be difficult to get a job while in college?

College can be difficult because you have to maintain your grades but I also would like to have a job to earn money. college money job...

grades

Caitlin B.’s Avatar
Caitlin B. May 02, 2016 3898 views