Career Questions tagged Grades

A’s Avatar
A May 15 164 views

Which sectors/companies in the business field ask for grades, which don't?

Im new to the village and I have been reading posts about companies like the Big 4 Firms. There is responses that when hiring, they value class grades specifically in accounting. I was wondering how much importance goes to grades, and if there is any changes in different companies or sectors....

junhua’s Avatar
junhua Apr 04 197 views

Is it okay to have a few C's in my grades?

Question about education

Sid’s Avatar
Sid Nov 05, 2021 164 views

What if you get all A's but low.

What if for a whole semester you got good grade by low A's how would that be? #grades

CV Office Hours’s Avatar
CV Office Hours Apr 19, 2021 285 views

Any advice for those students who are struggling with their academics, especially those who feel they aren't "smart"?

Office Hours #4: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Mark Eagle This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was...

Mike’s Avatar
Mike Apr 06, 2021 1445 views

Will a bad freshman year in Highschool really hurt my chances of getting into my dream schools or were my teachers just scaring me?

#school #college #grades

Thomas’s Avatar
Thomas Mar 17, 2021 200 views

Does grades matter?

I'm wondering this because there is a lot of people who say that grades do matter and some say that grades do not matter. Does grade matter?

#grades

Sohalia’s Avatar
Sohalia Feb 28, 2020 355 views

How many IB points would you need to be able to qualify for Harvard?

#college #IB # #college-advice #college-major #grades

LeiLaniLee’s Avatar
LeiLaniLee Feb 28, 2019 405 views

What classes do you have to take in college to be a dance choreographer?

#dance #college #art #grades

Gabriela’s Avatar
Gabriela Aug 28, 2018 571 views

Can I get into a good school if I did average in my freshman year?

I'm not planning on going to any super exclusive university like Cornell or Yale. My dream school is NYU but, last I checked, only around 30% of applicants get accepted. I didn't do as well as I could've my freshman year, but so far, my sophomore year has been nothing but A's and high B's. Is...

grace’s Avatar
grace Jul 23, 2018 536 views

How can I get a scholarship for a soccer?

I have been playing soccer for 7 to 8 years, I played in the front or a defender and goalie but my family and friends kept on asking if I got a scholarship from the game I had played. But I have played in soccer clubs and regular soccer teams but my I have been so curious of HOW you get...

Ashlyn’s Avatar
Ashlyn May 26, 2018 547 views

What qualities and grades do medical schools look for in a student?

Is it like normal college qualities or higher standards? #medicine #med-school #medicine-school #doctor #healthcare #hospital-and-healthcare #grades #applications #college

Jason’s Avatar
Jason May 25, 2018 684 views

Should I focus on academics or extracurricular activities?

I will start a one year graduate program this fall. I am also active as a volunteer and leader in several organizations that match my interests and later career goals. If my academic responsibilities and my responsibilities due to my positions in these organizations conflict, can it make sense...

Tomi’s Avatar
Tomi May 18, 2018 429 views

What grade averages do I need

When I attend college and decide my major what grade averages do I need to he able to become a pediatrician? Study habits? #pediatrics #college #pediatrician #medicine #grades #healthcare

Julia’s Avatar
Julia May 06, 2018 373 views

Is it a good idea to retake classes I've gotten a B in?

I want to be competitive for colleges, but am not sure if having the retake symbol next to my grade on my transcript is worth it. #grades

Brooklyn’s Avatar
Brooklyn Mar 17, 2018 4753 views

Can a student recover from failing a college class?

How many classes can a student fail before they are not able to succeed? Can a student recover from a few failed classes after retaking them and getting a better grade? What happens when you take a class that cannot be retaken because it is above 3000, but you need it to succeed? Can I...

Madison’s Avatar
Madison Jan 24, 2018 432 views

How can I have a fun, busy social life while still maintaining good grades?

I plan on going to college, and I want to get good grades, and graduate. However, I also want to have a social life and I want to be able to go out and have fun! How can I balance those two things? #sociallife #college #work-life-balance #grades

Brittany’s Avatar
Brittany Jan 23, 2018 567 views

How can I keep up my grades in college?

I want to maintain a good college GPA so I can better succeed and possibly achieve more scholarships from my good grades.

#grades #study-tips #gpa

Alyssa’s Avatar
Alyssa Jan 16, 2018 533 views

Is the grade card for nursing different for all schools or is there one universal grade chart for all nursing school students?

I am going into nursing school and noticed a grade chart and I wasn't sure if that was for just the specific school or if it related to a universal grade chart. After becoming an RN, I will be a pediatrician. #medicine ##grades #nursing #college #pediatrics

Mariam’s Avatar
Mariam Jan 16, 2018 656 views

How important are extracurriculars to grad school?

In high school, extracurricular clubs and activities are a big part of college applications. When applying for grad school, is this the same way? Or do grad schools just look for consistently high grades? #grades #extracurriculars #grad #graduate-school ##gradschool #graduateschool...

Alan’s Avatar
Alan Jan 16, 2018 620 views

How important is senior year of high school?

Many people tend to take it easy on the last year, is it better to take easy classes or to take more rigorous classes like ap and concurrent? #high-school-students #grades #high-school-classes #picking-classes #college #college-admissions

Haddy’s Avatar
Haddy Jan 16, 2018 594 views

How do you pass IB biology

#IBBiology #biology #grades #exams #studying #time-management

Zona’s Avatar
Zona Jan 16, 2018 473 views

Does failing in one elective means that you can not graduate?

i am asking this question because i have computer science AP class and it is really hard and i feel i can't get good grades in it. Somehow i passed my 1st semester but i am worried about my 2nd semester because if i don't pass maybe i have to go summer school and then delay my graduation and i...

Katelyn’s Avatar
Katelyn Jan 16, 2018 572 views

What is an ideal GPA to leave college with?

Just wondering....#college #gpa ##grades #academic-advising #career-counseling

Brittany’s Avatar
Brittany Oct 21, 2016 832 views

Is experience in internships more valued than grades in school to get into a college?

I am currently a high school student and my grades aren't the best however I have a lot of first hand experience in interships #college #doctor #nursing #internships #college-admissions #college-applications #grades #education-management

Mitchell’s Avatar
Mitchell Sep 16, 2016 947 views

Will graduating with a very well GPA compared to graduating with an average GPA matter for getting a job?

Every semester I do and try my hardest to be the best that I can be. My GPA has never been lower than a 3.2, and I know that this really isn't even that good of a GPA but it is better than most, so I hear. What I would like to know is that will graduating with a high GPA necessarily make my...

Tiffanie’s Avatar
Tiffanie Jun 29, 2016 756 views

How can I get better grades?

The question was worded very differently from what I am trying to ask.To clarify, even though I had tried very hard to get a good overall GPA for my second semester in college, I still seemed to get lower than a 3.0 GPA. So, I believe that even when I tried my best I still didn't get the grades...

Micaela’s Avatar
Micaela May 26, 2016 808 views

How do you think that your first year of college changed you?

Being a junior in college I have seen so much growth mentally. I feel as though I am a whole new person after the experiences I have had or have been put through. I wanted to know if anyone else has ever felt that they too have changed at all, and in what ways? #college #education...

Yula’s Avatar
Yula May 16, 2016 1009 views

Would it be difficult to get a job while in college?

College can be difficult because you have to maintain your grades but I also would like to have a job to earn money. #college #money #job #grades

Yula’s Avatar
Yula May 16, 2016 778 views

What can I do to maintain good grades when starting college?

College is different from high school and the professors are strict so I was wondering what I can do to earn good grades.
#college #education #advice #grades

jared’s Avatar
jared May 04, 2016 817 views

What does it take to became a soccer player?

I'm interested in becoming a soccer player. #college #grades #sports #athletics #career #college #soccer