Career Questions tagged Stress

Destiney H.’s Avatar
Destiney H. Sep 19 42 views

What does your daily schedule consist of and how does it make you feel mentally?

The reason why I asked this question is because I want to pursue real estate and I want to know how would this career make me feel mentally on a day to day basis. That is because I am the type of person who gets overwhelmed when things not going right which causes me to stress. So, what advice...

#psychology #real #memphis #stress #mental

Clinton N.’s Avatar
Clinton N. Jul 20 103 views

How should nurses handle their workplace stress? As a nurse, it will be important for us to have a clear explanation of how to handle the emotionally and physically demanding aspects of our job.

During my nurse training, I attended a seminar where the speaker encouraged nurses to develop and maintain habits that support our health. He recommended finding a physical activity or hobby to pursue as a way to reduce stress. I took his advice and found a gym that offers a variety of classes,...

#july20 #career #nurse #jobs #stress

Nichelle E.’s Avatar
Nichelle E. May 12 131 views

What are the pros and cons of working in Medical Billing and Coding?

Hello, I am someone who is looking for a job where sitting down is ideal and less stressful than most jobs. I've heard that this type of job is ideal, but I would love to hear more hands-on experience in this line of work. #job #medical #billing #coding #office #stress #experience...

#advice

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Aug 15, 2019 184 views

How to handle having depression in a research career?

I'm looking to become a psychology researcher. I understand that research careers can be fairly stressful. However, I've also suffered from depression for a decade and expect I will still be dealing with it when I attain my career. How can I go about handling my illness while also successfully...

#phd #psychiatry #psychology #mental-illness #clinical-psychology #mental-health #research #passion #brain-sciences #highered #stress #science #depression

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 14, 2019 394 views

What would you do if you loved your job but hated your work environment? Would you leave? How would you cope?

For example, I've worked as a copy editor and/or copywriter for both my high school yearbook and college newspaper, and while I wouldn't say that I've LOVED journalism, I do find it enjoyable at times. I would prefer to be doing creative writing, but I genuinely enjoy all types of writing, and...

#help #job #career #work-life-balance #career-help #job-environment #stress #burnout #career-advice #career-counseling #work-environment #writing #student-advice #college-student #advice #college #work #journalism

ladaria W.’s Avatar
ladaria W. Dec 19, 2018 257 views

Stress level

Is the stress level in CMA occupation high ? And how do you deal with it ? #stress...

#human-resources

Antonella R.’s Avatar
Antonella R. Oct 23, 2018 246 views
Emily R.’s Avatar
Emily R. Aug 30, 2018 200 views

Would it be too stressful to double-major in college?

I have several different courses I want to study but would the workload be too much?...

#stress

Keely L.’s Avatar
Keely L. Aug 29, 2018 241 views

Is a Parent Plus Loan the best option?

I am overwhelmed by loans and I can't tell which one is the best for me! #college #loans...

#stress

Jessica D.’s Avatar
Jessica D. Aug 24, 2018 365 views

I want to do a lot in college! Is it possible to enroll myself intramural sports, major in biology/neurosciences, minor in Chinese literature/culture, be part of Greek life and also work/part-time job?

I'm super excited for college, but because of the major I want to pursue, I'm not sure if I'll have enough time to do everything! Is college life mainly studying? I've heard from multiple people that college is going to be the best time of your life, but they also say that high school does...

#studentlife #stress #science #college

Madison S.’s Avatar
Madison S. Aug 16, 2018 272 views

What habits/routines did you keep up in college that helped you stay stress free?

I know college has lots of stresses, and would love to be able to minimize the stress I have during college so I can focus on my studies....

#stress

al L.’s Avatar
al L. Aug 13, 2018 258 views

How do Kids going to college now keep a work/life/school balance?

Does anyone have stories of them pushing the limit has that helped you find balance?...

#stress

D'Avion B.’s Avatar
D'Avion B. Aug 05, 2018 294 views
Samantha Z.’s Avatar
Samantha Z. Aug 03, 2018 378 views

Stress Relief Activities During Grad School

What are some stress relief activities that you have done while you were in graduate school and how consistent were you with them? Did you think they made a difference in your focus? #school #graduate-school #stressrelief...

#stress

Luke H.’s Avatar
Luke H. Apr 16, 2018 302 views
Zalyia C.’s Avatar
Zalyia C. Apr 26, 2018 293 views

Do psychologist ever feel that their job is to much to handle/ too overwhelming?

I ask because I've heard the job can be emotionally draining and I can be a sensitive/emotional person. #counseling-psychology #therapy #psychology #psychologist...

#stress

Matthew N.’s Avatar
Matthew N. May 18, 2018 363 views

Does it ever get truly tiring?

I know in art, times can get very stressful. Is there ever a point where it feels like it's not worth it anymore? If so, how do you get over that hump and continue doing what you love? #stress...

#stressrelief

Sarah Q.’s Avatar
Sarah Q. May 13, 2018 528 views

What are healthy ways to fight stress?

Stress is my personal leading cause for weight gain. Whether it be from work, school, or just being an adult. Any ideas for healthy (not costly or very time consuming) to battle stress. #stress ##adulting...

#weight-management

Mahpara F.’s Avatar
Mahpara F. Apr 27, 2018 300 views

Will the stress I have now accompany my future?

I feel like my life is under pressure right now and there is no way out of the circumstances I'm in. I'm stressed right now due to studies and work and I'm hoping I'm not so stressed in the future....

#stress

Jastyn R.’s Avatar
Jastyn R. Apr 17, 2018 248 views

How to stay motivated and inspired while stressed out?

I'm currently a senior in high school. With all the stress around finals, prom, graduation, college, it can be really hard to stay motivated to focus on school. For me, it also affects my ability as a student musician to focus on my music and be inspired by music. Are there any tips and/or...

#seniors #music #stress

Brooklyn M.’s Avatar
Brooklyn M. Mar 17, 2018 2162 views

Can a student recover from failing a college class?

How many classes can a student fail before they are not able to succeed? Can a student recover from a few failed classes after retaking them and getting a better grade? What happens when you take a class that cannot be retaken because it is above 3000, but you need it to succeed? Can I...

#class #help #classes #recovery #student #freshmen #stress #recover #gpa #failure #sophomore #stress-management #mental-health #grades #college #university #student-development

Jade S.’s Avatar
Jade S. Mar 13, 2018 254 views

Is double majoring your first time in college too stressful and worth it? Or should I wait until I know more about what I can do?

The job I want after graduation requires a criminology degree but by getting another degree, I could even go further into that field. Would it be worth it to double major or should I wait longer to see what I can do? #double-major #cost...

#stress

Clara W.’s Avatar
Clara W. Jan 16, 2018 361 views

How to deal with audition stress?

I always have a lot of stress leading up to auditions. Any tips on this? #audition #acting...

#stress

Lauren N.’s Avatar
Lauren N. Jan 21, 2018 455 views

How do I know that I am doing the right thing?

I will be pursuing my bachelors. I already have my associates. I will be moving to where I don't know anybody. And I don't deal well with stress. Is this really the right thing for me? #questioning #bachelorsdegree #stress...

#college-advice

Joshua H.’s Avatar
Joshua H. Jan 23, 2018 376 views

Best ways to manage time in college?

I'm a current college sophomore, and I never feel like I have enough time in the day. I want to do well in my classes, but when I study it's very time consuming. This wasn't so bad before, but now that I'm trying to get more involved around campus and applying for internships I've got a lot...

#stress #college-advice #stress-management #time-management #time #college

Jeniel Z.’s Avatar
Jeniel Z. Jan 20, 2018 353 views

Ways to cope with anxiety in college?

I struggle a lot with anxiety in school, especially when I get stressed out. It's been so bad my junior year that I had to drop a lot of extra-curriculars and one of my harder classes. Although it's been slowly getting better, I'm very concerned about the toll it will take on me once I hit...

#mentalhealth #anxiety #stress #anxiety-management #college