Career Questions tagged Stress

Kalysta L.’s Avatar
Kalysta L. Oct 19, 2021 108 views

Would it be possible for someone to have two careers at once and not have it be too stressful?

I'm a junior in highschool and I'm interested in being a teacher and author, but I would like to know from any professionals if that would be too stressful. Thanks! teaching writing...

stress

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Apr 19, 2021 713 views

How do you deal with pressure or stressful situations?

Office Hours #4: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Mark Eagle This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was...

career-search family stress college finances careers academics mental-health money time-management

Brittani K.’s Avatar
Brittani K. Feb 20, 2021 278 views

Pregnant, Full-time College-student, and business owner!!

I'm 25 years old about to start my first year of college, owner of an e-commerce business, and I'm experiencing. How should I handle the stress of business, school, and pregnancy?? Also, how should I multitask and be successful at the same time?? stress College-student expecting-mom...

help business-owner overwhelmed

John L.’s Avatar
John L. Dec 09, 2020 302 views

What's a regular day working as an Anesthesiologist?

I would like to know about how stressful working as an Anesthesiologist is. Do you guys do really stressful stuff everyday? anesthesiologist medicine doctor anesthesiology experience...

stress

Cole Pugh P.’s Avatar
Cole Pugh P. Oct 27, 2020 322 views

Is it stressful to be a therapist?

I always thought of being a therapist as a very good job to help people but I figured repeating stress was apart of the process. I don't know how true this is and just wondered how it was for a counselor or a therapist. therapist counselor therapy psychology...

stress

Kenny B.’s Avatar
Kenny B. Sep 25, 2020 295 views

What are some college application tips for this upcoming fall.

So the time has come, and all our hard work in the school system will soon pay off in our new chapter of education. So, now that we have entered the college application period, and the stresses of college essays; what would be some tips you can give to a first-in-family college applicant that...

university collegeadmissions stress college collegehelp

Destiney H.’s Avatar
Destiney H. Sep 19, 2020 238 views

What does your daily schedule consist of and how does it make you feel mentally?

The reason why I asked this question is because I want to pursue real estate and I want to know how would this career make me feel mentally on a day to day basis. That is because I am the type of person who gets overwhelmed when things not going right which causes me to stress. So, what advice...

stress memphis psychology mental real

Clinton N.’s Avatar
Clinton N. Jul 20, 2020 246 views

How should nurses handle their workplace stress? As a nurse, it will be important for us to have a clear explanation of how to handle the emotionally and physically demanding aspects of our job.

During my nurse training, I attended a seminar where the speaker encouraged nurses to develop and maintain habits that support our health. He recommended finding a physical activity or hobby to pursue as a way to reduce stress. I took his advice and found a gym that offers a variety of classes,...

nurse career stress july20 jobs

Nichelle E.’s Avatar
Nichelle E. May 12, 2020 1690 views

What are the pros and cons of working in Medical Billing and Coding?

Hello, I am someone who is looking for a job where sitting down is ideal and less stressful than most jobs. I've heard that this type of job is ideal, but I would love to hear more hands-on experience in this line of work. job medical billing coding office stress experience...

advice

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Aug 15, 2019 395 views

How to handle having depression in a research career?

I'm looking to become a psychology researcher. I understand that research careers can be fairly stressful. However, I've also suffered from depression for a decade and expect I will still be dealing with it when I attain my career. How can I go about handling my illness while also successfully...

phd stress research clinical-psychology mental-health depression brain-sciences mental-illness passion science highered psychology psychiatry

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 14, 2019 632 views

What would you do if you loved your job but hated your work environment? Would you leave? How would you cope?

For example, I've worked as a copy editor and/or copywriter for both my high school yearbook and college newspaper, and while I wouldn't say that I've LOVED journalism, I do find it enjoyable at times. I would prefer to be doing creative writing, but I genuinely enjoy all types of writing, and...

writing advice college work journalism career job-environment student-advice burnout work-life-balance stress help college-student work-environment career-counseling career-advice job career-help

ladaria W.’s Avatar
ladaria W. Dec 19, 2018 397 views

Stress level

Is the stress level in CMA occupation high ? And how do you deal with it ? stress...

human-resources

Emily R.’s Avatar
Emily R. Aug 30, 2018 314 views

Would it be too stressful to double-major in college?

I have several different courses I want to study but would the workload be too much?...

stress

Keely L.’s Avatar
Keely L. Aug 29, 2018 422 views

Is a Parent Plus Loan the best option?

I am overwhelmed by loans and I can't tell which one is the best for me! college loans...

stress

Jessica D.’s Avatar
Jessica D. Aug 24, 2018 569 views

I want to do a lot in college! Is it possible to enroll myself intramural sports, major in biology/neurosciences, minor in Chinese literature/culture, be part of Greek life and also work/part-time job?

I'm super excited for college, but because of the major I want to pursue, I'm not sure if I'll have enough time to do everything! Is college life mainly studying? I've heard from multiple people that college is going to be the best time of your life, but they also say that high school does...

college science stress studentlife

Madison S.’s Avatar
Madison S. Aug 16, 2018 443 views

What habits/routines did you keep up in college that helped you stay stress free?

I know college has lots of stresses, and would love to be able to minimize the stress I have during college so I can focus on my studies....

stress

al L.’s Avatar
al L. Aug 13, 2018 400 views

How do Kids going to college now keep a work/life/school balance?

Does anyone have stories of them pushing the limit has that helped you find balance?...

stress

Samantha Z.’s Avatar
Samantha Z. Aug 03, 2018 637 views

Stress Relief Activities During Grad School

What are some stress relief activities that you have done while you were in graduate school and how consistent were you with them? Did you think they made a difference in your focus? school graduate-school stressrelief...

stress

Luke H.’s Avatar
Luke H. Apr 16, 2018 471 views
Zalyia C.’s Avatar
Zalyia C. Apr 26, 2018 416 views

Do psychologist ever feel that their job is to much to handle/ too overwhelming?

I ask because I've heard the job can be emotionally draining and I can be a sensitive/emotional person. counseling-psychology therapy psychology psychologist...

stress