Career Questions tagged Stress

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Aug 15 47 views

How to handle having depression in a research career?

I'm looking to become a psychology researcher. I understand that research careers can be fairly stressful. However, I've also suffered from depression for a decade and expect I will still be dealing with it when I attain my career. How can I go about handling my illness while also successfully...

#psychiatry #brain-sciences #science #stress #psychology #mental-illness #clinical-psychology #mental-health #depression #passion #research #highered #phd

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 14 254 views

What would you do if you loved your job but hated your work environment? Would you leave? How would you cope?

For example, I've worked as a copy editor and/or copywriter for both my high school yearbook and college newspaper, and while I wouldn't say that I've LOVED journalism, I do find it enjoyable at times. I would prefer to be doing creative writing, but I genuinely enjoy all types of writing, and...

#job #journalism #career #work #work-environment #career-counseling #work-life-balance #stress #writing #college #student-advice #help #career-help #burnout #advice #career-advice #job-environment #college-student

ladaria W.’s Avatar
ladaria W. Dec 19, 2018 162 views

Stress level

Is the stress level in CMA occupation high ? And how do you deal with it ? #stress...

#human-resources

Antonella R.’s Avatar
Antonella R. Oct 23, 2018 151 views
Emily R.’s Avatar
Emily R. Aug 30, 2018 125 views

Would it be too stressful to double-major in college?

I have several different courses I want to study but would the workload be too much?...

#stress

Keely L.’s Avatar
Keely L. Aug 29, 2018 153 views

Is a Parent Plus Loan the best option?

I am overwhelmed by loans and I can't tell which one is the best for me! #college #loans...

#stress

Jessica D.’s Avatar
Jessica D. Aug 24, 2018 237 views

I want to do a lot in college! Is it possible to enroll myself intramural sports, major in biology/neurosciences, minor in Chinese literature/culture, be part of Greek life and also work/part-time job?

I'm super excited for college, but because of the major I want to pursue, I'm not sure if I'll have enough time to do everything! Is college life mainly studying? I've heard from multiple people that college is going to be the best time of your life, but they also say that high school does...

#stress #studentlife #college #science

Madison S.’s Avatar
Madison S. Aug 16, 2018 182 views

What habits/routines did you keep up in college that helped you stay stress free?

I know college has lots of stresses, and would love to be able to minimize the stress I have during college so I can focus on my studies....

#stress

al L.’s Avatar
al L. Aug 13, 2018 176 views

How do Kids going to college now keep a work/life/school balance?

Does anyone have stories of them pushing the limit has that helped you find balance?...

#stress

D'Avion B.’s Avatar
D'Avion B. Aug 05, 2018 205 views
Samantha Z.’s Avatar
Samantha Z. Aug 03, 2018 223 views

Stress Relief Activities During Grad School

What are some stress relief activities that you have done while you were in graduate school and how consistent were you with them? Did you think they made a difference in your focus? #school #graduate-school #stressrelief...

#stress

Luke H.’s Avatar
Luke H. Apr 16, 2018 190 views

can the outside activities in my personal life effect my job.

writing a paper on successful employees. #construction #jobs #personal-life #leisure...

#stress

Zalyia C.’s Avatar
Zalyia C. Apr 26, 2018 215 views

Do psychologist ever feel that their job is to much to handle/ too overwhelming?

I ask because I've heard the job can be emotionally draining and I can be a sensitive/emotional person. #counseling-psychology #therapy #psychology #psychologist...

#stress

Matthew N.’s Avatar
Matthew N. May 18, 2018 245 views

Does it ever get truly tiring?

I know in art, times can get very stressful. Is there ever a point where it feels like it's not worth it anymore? If so, how do you get over that hump and continue doing what you love? #stress...

#stressrelief

Sarah Q.’s Avatar
Sarah Q. May 13, 2018 315 views

What are healthy ways to fight stress?

Stress is my personal leading cause for weight gain. Whether it be from work, school, or just being an adult. Any ideas for healthy (not costly or very time consuming) to battle stress. #stress ##adulting...

#weight-management

Mahpara F.’s Avatar
Mahpara F. Apr 27, 2018 191 views

Will the stress I have now accompany my future?

I feel like my life is under pressure right now and there is no way out of the circumstances I'm in. I'm stressed right now due to studies and work and I'm hoping I'm not so stressed in the future....

#stress

Jastyn R.’s Avatar
Jastyn R. Apr 17, 2018 181 views

How to stay motivated and inspired while stressed out?

I'm currently a senior in high school. With all the stress around finals, prom, graduation, college, it can be really hard to stay motivated to focus on school. For me, it also affects my ability as a student musician to focus on my music and be inspired by music. Are there any tips and/or...

#stress #music #seniors

Brooklyn M.’s Avatar
Brooklyn M. Mar 17, 2018 932 views

Can a student recover from failing a college class?

How many classes can a student fail before they are not able to succeed? Can a student recover from a few failed classes after retaking them and getting a better grade? What happens when you take a class that cannot be retaken because it is above 3000, but you need it to succeed? Can I...

#recovery #grades #student-development #class #gpa #sophomore #student #freshmen #stress #mental-health #college #classes #recover #help #stress-management #failure #university

Jade S.’s Avatar
Jade S. Mar 13, 2018 192 views

Is double majoring your first time in college too stressful and worth it? Or should I wait until I know more about what I can do?

The job I want after graduation requires a criminology degree but by getting another degree, I could even go further into that field. Would it be worth it to double major or should I wait longer to see what I can do? #double-major #cost...

#stress

Clara W.’s Avatar
Clara W. Jan 16, 2018 282 views

How to deal with audition stress?

I always have a lot of stress leading up to auditions. Any tips on this? #audition #acting...

#stress

Lauren N.’s Avatar
Lauren N. Jan 21, 2018 320 views

How do I know that I am doing the right thing?

I will be pursuing my bachelors. I already have my associates. I will be moving to where I don't know anybody. And I don't deal well with stress. Is this really the right thing for me? #questioning #bachelorsdegree #stress...

#college-advice

Joshua H.’s Avatar
Joshua H. Jan 23, 2018 285 views

Best ways to manage time in college?

I'm a current college sophomore, and I never feel like I have enough time in the day. I want to do well in my classes, but when I study it's very time consuming. This wasn't so bad before, but now that I'm trying to get more involved around campus and applying for internships I've got a lot...

#college-advice #stress-management #stress #time #time-management #college

Jeniel Z.’s Avatar
Jeniel Z. Jan 20, 2018 278 views

Ways to cope with anxiety in college?

I struggle a lot with anxiety in school, especially when I get stressed out. It's been so bad my junior year that I had to drop a lot of extra-curriculars and one of my harder classes. Although it's been slowly getting better, I'm very concerned about the toll it will take on me once I hit...

#anxiety-management #stress #mentalhealth #college #anxiety

Nicole B.’s Avatar
Nicole B. Jan 19, 2018 212 views

What is a good way to channel stress?

Typically, I #stress eat which is not good considering my dining halls is buffet style. What is a good way to not give into my sweet tooth or to #reduce how much stress I...

Lauralea P.’s Avatar
Lauralea P. Jan 17, 2018 183 views

What is the best way to maintain my career vision in college when I become overloaded by the workload?

I know many individuals who started strong in college but once the reality of the work to achieve their goals became known to them, they gave up on their dreams. I know that my desire to dual major in general surgery and as a general practitioner will require extensive discipline to maintain my...

#college-courses #desire #stress #medicine #motivation

Olivia F.’s Avatar
Olivia F. Jan 16, 2018 206 views

How do you handle stress?

I get very stressed out especially during exam time. I still haven’t found a way to relieve some of that stress. What are some ways that you do?...

#stress

Vivian L.’s Avatar
Vivian L. May 07, 2016 489 views

What is the most stressful thing about being a nurse?

Nurses are said to be the hearts of the hospital but I've been told many times that they have to undergo tremendous amounts of stress. What causes all this stress? And how tough do you have to be to work through it? #nursing #nurse #stress #healthcare #medicine...

#career

Cassandra Q.’s Avatar
Cassandra Q. Sep 01, 2017 349 views

How can I change my outlook on life and its complications to be less stressful and more enjoyable?

college applications and everything is piling on me. I know it'll all turn out to be okay, but I can't help but feeling super stressed all the time #stress #stress-management...