Career questions tagged theatre

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Jason368 views

How do I start acting? M/18 Years/ 6’5

How could I start my career as a actor at 18 with no prior experience? I really want to give acting a shot but I don’t really know what to do!

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Morgan341 views

how do I become an actress ?

I'm 13 years old I love acting

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Dashaun782 views

How Do I Start As A Teen Actor At 14?

Con Anyone Answer This Question I've Been Wondering How To Start Out But I Dont Know

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lyla747 views

How do you stay financially stable with a career in the arts?

I am a sophmore in highschool beginning to prepare for my future. I am really creative and want to expirience new things everyday. I am very invested in the arts and would like to stay involved in them in some way. I fear that being involved will cause me to struggle in the future. Here I am involved in theatre, dance, choir, Student council, and NHS. I am a good leader and really enjoy social interaction.

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lyla544 views

Are careers in the arts unattainable?

I am a sophmore in highschool beginning to prepare for my future. I am really creative and want to expirience new things everyday. I am very invested in the arts and would like to stay involved in them in some way. Here I am involved in theatre, dance, choir, Student council, and NHS. I am a good leader and really enjoy social interaction.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Asa743 views

How did you continue to pursue such a difficult career with everyone telling you to “have a realistic plan”?

I’m still a freshman in high school but acting is my passion and I’ve never been more sure of wanting to do something for the rest of my life so I just want to know. It might be worth noting that I’m also good at script writing which is the career my parents are trying to nudge me more towards whether they’re doing it on purpose or not. While I do enjoy writing and plan on maybe starting that way and then looking for an opportunity to pursue a more onstage/on screen job, it’s not my main focus, it’s more of a starting point. I am in a magnet school for drama so i am very involved in theatre and acting and am learning new techniques and will be doing a lot of shows and competitions for my high school years.

answer icon12 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lily700 views

I have to take fine arts at my school, but which should I choose if I want to be a doctor? Does it matter at all?

My school has a fine arts requirement to graduate. I would like to become a doctor and am not very interested in art. What genre of classes are best for my situation? My school offers choir, band, orchestra, theatre arts, visual arts, dance, technical theatre, and art history at various levels and subgenres. Does it even matter that much and should I choose any of them? This is high school, by the way!

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Olivia273 views

How should I improve acting/vocals for school musicals/plays?

I'm a middle/high school student who's interested in participating in plays and musicals for my school. I've only been in two in the past and have gotten side/background characters and a narrator. I don't have much experience in acting and I am a self-taught singer. What are some good ways to improve my acting/vocals and to possibly have a better chance in getting a lead role?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Afua256 views

How to get into acting as a teenager?

I think if you want to be an actor it has a start as a kid to be more successful. Most successful actors now usually start as a kid because their parents might sign them up for kid shows as a kid and that usually grows into it and starts doing it more until their older.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Val387 views

How do I get into the film industry as an actor?

I am 16 years old and have been in theatre since I was 8. I am currently in my high school school theatre where we do two shows a year.

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Asher313 views

How to be a better actor?

How to be a better actor

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jasleen326 views

How do you start out as a actor?

I have always wanted to be one since a little girl. But I never really found a way to become one. I have tried acting classes but it didn't really work out for me.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Mario478 views

When it comes to booking jobs in the performing arts community, is it better to have a degree in Theatre Performance/Acting or Musical Theatre and why?

For some context, I'm currently a student at my college of choice, and am pursuing a degree in Theatre Performance currently. I truly love every aspect of performing, from live theatre and plays and musicals, to voice over work, and film and television. However, recently I've been debating whether or not to switch to the Musical Theatre program because I do also love musical theatre. I just want future agenices/managers/casting directors to see my versatility and be able to audition for all these types of jobs from all the areas I listed above.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alina251 views

Is it Difficult to Become an Actress?

Hello, my name is Alina,I’m from Arizona and I’m interested in becoming an actress. Is it different to become an Actress if you know nothing about it? Is there a possibility for beginners who know nothing about acting to get the job?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Griffin1055 views

Theatre degrees?

What is a good alternative or a job that you can get with a theatre degree? Are there any well-paying jobs with a theatre degree, and can I do theatre for a living?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aureale258 views

How do I find acting auditions near me?

My Name is Aureale. I'm a 16 year old African American in the 11th grade. I love acting and singing. They're both my passions. I want to one day be an actor. But I don't know how to find auditions.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ivy285 views

How can I become an actor/actress? What can I do to get there? Where do I find auditions?

I would like to know how can I excel in an acting career. Should I start by voice acting on social media platforms? Or should I search for audition opportunities? I had chances but missed them because I had no money, so where exactly can I find auditions that aren't high-priced.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alina352 views

What keeps you motivated for the next project?

What was the determining factor that directed you toward a life pursuing the arts? And how do you continue to do so between projects?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
zion1066 views

where do i start if i want to be an actress?

I want to be an actress/model, How would you recommend getting into the entertainment with zero experience or very little? Where do i start and what connections should i make??

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Leah262 views

What is the hardest part of becoming a professional actor or techie?

Most people talk about how they enjoy their life as an actor now, but never share the struggle of becoming one. I would like to know the real process of going into acting. I know it’s not all smooth sailing so I would like to know what struggle I could face if I go down this route.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Analeah274 views

what does the work life of a talent director look like?

describe your work schedule.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kylea187 views

What is it like applying to colleges for musical theatre?

Is it a lengthy process? Is it different than applying for other majors?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jada370 views

What schools have good musical theatre programs?

Hi there, within the next 4 years I am planing on going to a college or university with a good musical theatre department. What are some schools that have really good musical theatre departments?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kiara547 views

What school should I go to for stage management?

My dream job is to become a stage manager for professional on-stage musicals or plays. (Something like Broadway) But all the schools I look at that have great theater programs are schools where the program is mostly about acting and performance. What schools are good for stage management or backstage work?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Romir271 views

What is the best way to kickstart an acting career post high school graduation?

Asking more about resources, steps to take, classes to enroll in and other tips and tricks that helped you guys.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Destiny243 views

What are things I should avoid when auditioning?

How do I get into acting? What’s the best way to find an audition? What are things I should avoid when auditioning? Is there any extra advice you may have?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Samantha289 views

What should I do if I want to Become an actor in musicals?

I love to do musicals but I don’t Know how could even achieve this dream of mine it feels too out of reach. But I am in musical theater and voicemail techniques at my high school.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
harleigh383 views

Whats the difference between an acting school and a normal university?

Is there a major difference between the 2 when trying to pursue acting?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Linnea403 views

How do I find more hobbies to expand my scholarship applicability?

I'm only in 9th grade, so I know I have time, but I'm starting to think about college scholarships. I'm on a swim team but I'm not particularly fast compared to kids my age and even younger. I'm a straight A student but I know scholarships will require a little more than just academic success. How can I expand? Swim takes up a lot of time and I love it, so I'm not willing to sacrifice that, but I know I need to expand a little. I'm interested in musical theatre and singing, but struggling to find theatre opportunities for teens who are newer to the stage. How can I find something that'll work for me and make me a well rounded kid who's more applicable for scholarships?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
max268 views

I am hoping to go into theater as a profession, what are the best steps to take in highschool to help me get to that point?

I am going into sophomore year, I finished freshman year with a 3.8 GPA. I have been in 2 musicals so far. First one, highschools production, only freshman with a role. Second one, a lead role at a community theater, and I auditioned for a supporting role. I don't really have the money for singing lessons, but I've done choir. And I'm taking advanced acting and intro to dance at my school. Thank you! :)

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon