Career Questions tagged Theatre

Brigitte F.’s Avatar
Brigitte F. Oct 06 17 views

Is it difficult being a professional actor/actress in this day-and-age?

I am a high school senior and am hoping to become a professional (paid) actress after I graduate college. I am planning on attending the University of North Dakota and majoring in Theatre Arts. But, will all that prepare me for 'the outside world'? How can it be done? #performing-arts #theatre...

#acting #college

Aidan B.’s Avatar
Aidan B. Aug 14 34 views

How do I become an actor at the age of 15?

I have been wanting to act for a while now and I've only took one year of theater and I'm about to take my second year, I'm a 15 yo male, 5'10 #actor #acting #actors #theatre #theater...

#film-acting

K J.’s Avatar
K J. Jan 09 101 views

Would taking a theater course help with voice acting?

#acting #art #theatre #theater #voiceactor #voice-actor I have no experience with acting or voice acting in general. Would it be helpful to take an acting...

Hunter S.’s Avatar
Hunter S. Nov 15, 2018 151 views

What schooling did you take that helped with your career?

I am hoping to be an actor, and I would like to know what you did in school (Of any level) that you had that helps you when acting. # #acting # #theatre...

#performing-arts

Jesikah C.’s Avatar
Jesikah C. Oct 13, 2018 133 views

Any other options?

I want to stay instate to go to college but, I do not know what school would be best for film and theatre besides the university of Utah are there any other options? #college #theatre...

#film

Aubrey B.’s Avatar
Aubrey B. Aug 22, 2018 189 views

So much to do, so little time. What is it like to double major? Can I choose two unrelated majors, or do they have to be connected?

I have a lot of things that I'm interested in studying, but my top two are theatre and psychology. Crazy, right? Would it be possible for me to do both at the same time? #college #psychology #majors #career...

#theatre

Jacquelyn B.’s Avatar
Jacquelyn B. Apr 16, 2018 190 views

Where should I start to get a job?

This is my first time applying for a job I don't have much experience but I do know that I wanted to pursue a career in the performing arts where should I start? #first-job #theatre #help #job-applications #jobs #employment #performing-arts...

#arts

Amelia C.’s Avatar
Amelia C. Apr 19, 2018 172 views

How does someone land a job on Broadway?

I work in technical theatre and I aspire to one day work on Broadway. After I earn my BFA I want to immediately start working. I want to know who to ask, who to call, who I need to know to land this dream job. I want to first just get a job running a show and prepping for shows and eventually...

#broadway #theatre #performing-arts #theater #actor #acting #drama #performance #techie

Amelia C.’s Avatar
Amelia C. Apr 20, 2018 203 views

What secondary schools have the best or most acclaimed Technical Theatre Design and Production department

I plan on majoring in that field, I want a school that would grow my education instead of using my education as an excuse for free labor. I have a great standing knowledge on the matter, I want to earn expertise in this field. A school that starts with their student already knowing the basics....

#art #majoring-in-theatre #college-selection #college-major #theatre #theater-production #performing-arts #college #theater #production #drama #design #performance #stage-design

Samantha E.’s Avatar
Samantha E. Apr 27, 2018 186 views

How can I access information about casting calls being held?

I would want to audition for movies but I don't even know how to look for them. #casting #performing-arts #audition #arts #theater #theatre #acting...

#performance

Doris H.’s Avatar
Doris H. Jun 27, 2018 186 views

Do you have to go to college to become and Actor or actress

Your just acting not really doing math,ela, and world History and other subjects. But it is good to learn more about those subjects. #actor #actress #acting #film #theatre #theater...

#performing-arts

khyah V.’s Avatar
khyah V. Jun 28, 2018 173 views
Jai G.’s Avatar
Jai G. May 27, 2018 186 views

How to format your promptbook?

Another stage management question! So, I have recently finished stage managing my first show (Annie Jr.!) and it was awesome, my director/ teacher says I'm a natural. However, I ran into one key issue constantly. I don't know how to format my promptbook. I tried lots of different things but I...

#arts #theatre #promptbook #stagemanager #theater #drama #theatretech #tech #stagemanage

Jai G.’s Avatar
Jai G. May 27, 2018 215 views

Insider tips and tricks for an aspiring stage manager?

I'm about to got to college to study theater and I am so excited! Right now, I'm setting my sights on being a stage manager, and it is a career that strikes me as having little tricks and things that can help me be more effective. I would love to know some for my future managing adventures! :)...

#arts #management #theatre #theater #tricks #drama #tips #stagemanaging

Isha T.’s Avatar
Isha T. May 20, 2018 186 views

What's it like doing a theatre minor?

I'm an engineering major and I've recently realized that I really miss being involved in theatre - I used to do the plays in high school. I'm considering doing a theatre minor, but I don't know if it's going to do me any good since my career is probably not going to be related to theatre at...

#minor #engineering #theatre-minor #college-minor #theatre

Jasmine B.’s Avatar
Jasmine B. May 15, 2018 239 views

What is a good minor to pair with Theater Arts?

I was looking to minor in Mass communications but some people have suggested I major in Mass Com and minor in Theater. What would you suggest? #theatre...

#arts

Michelle S.’s Avatar
Michelle S. Jan 17, 2018 221 views

How can I pursue a dream in acting ?

I am currently a 12 grader and recently I discovered that I am very interested in an acting career but I don't really know how to start my way up to become an actor can any of you give any suggestions on how I should start? #acting #school #college-jobs #career #performing-arts #theater...

#theatre

Coogie B.’s Avatar
Coogie B. Jan 16, 2018 205 views

What classes in highschool should I take in order to be a musical choreographer.

I would like to be a musical theatre choreographer for shows and performances. #theatre #musical-theatre #dance #choreography #performing-arts...

#high-school-classes

Aedan C.’s Avatar
Aedan C. Jan 13, 2018 193 views

What is a theater college like?

I ask this because I had no idea what it was going to be like going into high school knowing no one. The high school I went to for Freshmen year was a school the was for 6-12 grade so most people in my classes knew each other. I was lucky to go to a theater school so almost everyone was nice. I...

#theatre #performing-arts #college #theater

Adrian W.’s Avatar
Adrian W. Apr 19, 2018 244 views

What is the best way to pay for college without a credit-worthy cosigner?

I am a sophomore in college, and I am just curious on the best way to pay for college. I am a theatre major, and I don't have a cosigner who has good enough credit. I am really looking for advice on scholarships/grants/etc.. Anything helps! #college #college-major #college-jobs...

#professional-development #student #loans #work-life-balance #scholarships #theatre #first-generation-college-students #student-loans #musical-theatre #film

Adrian W.’s Avatar
Adrian W. Apr 19, 2018 234 views

Is it better to take a gap year after graduating college?

I am a sophomore in college, and I am just curious on the best way to saving money after graduation. This would be to prepare for the student loan burden. Would it be better to move back home and work a minimum wage job, or try and find a job in a big city that pays more? #college...

#professional-development #college-major #work-life-balance #theatre #college-jobs #musical-theatre #film

Aedan C.’s Avatar
Aedan C. Jan 11, 2018 179 views

What are some good theater schools on the west side of America?

I am currently a freshman in High school and I'm very interested in the Performing Arts. I have been in several plays and musicals in the past three years and am wondering if there are interesting and fun theater schools near me! I am also wondering if those schools offer scholarships. #theatre...

#college-near-me #scholarships #college #college-admissions #musical-theatre

Stephanie H.’s Avatar
Stephanie H. Mar 20, 2018 220 views

As a theatre major, what do you do post graduation?

I'm studying acting, and unfortunately the odds of success after graduation can be hit or miss. What the heck do I do after I graduate? Their are many questions on how to obtain a manager, agent, publicist, lawyer. And which one is the most important. It is so easy to be taken advantage of....

#art #artist #theatre #performing-arts #career

Gaby F.’s Avatar
Gaby F. May 19, 2016 585 views

Does Stanford offer good acting/theatre programs?

I am really interested in attending Stanford. #theatre #actor #musical-theatre #stanford #acting...

#theater

Alex H.’s Avatar
Alex H. Apr 04, 2018 203 views

Do i need to go to a preforming arts school to be more successful as an actor?

For as long as i can remember i wanted to be an actor, I've done auditions before, been in plays and felt really good about myself. Now that I'm close to becoming a senior i'm not sure what to do with my future in college. So what i'm asking is, is it a step that i need to take to be a Film...

#nyu #acting #musical-theatre #film-acting #theatre #television

Ozyria W.’s Avatar
Ozyria W. Apr 03, 2018 242 views

How Hard is it To Balance Two Careers?

My two biggest passions in life are music and technical theatre. Because most people in the theatre tech/design world aren't on salary or have a fixed work schedule, I'm curious to know if I could handle being a performing musician as well. In a small, community orchestra (trumpet player). I've...

#music-performance #music #theatre #trumpet