Career Questions tagged Theatre

samya C.’s Avatar
samya C. Jul 21 38 views

Can a lawyer or IS officer become an actor

i want to be an actor since my childhood but don't have the links to get into bollywood and getting into bollywood is not easy until you hold some power....so can i become an IS officer or Ciminal defence lawyer and then become an actor on the basis of my links in future....is it possible ?im...

#actor #theatre

HX J.’s Avatar
HX J. May 14 114 views

I want to become an actress and a barrister, but don't quite know how to pursue both careers at the same time and what to do to succeed in both fields.

I live in the UK and am aspiring to be an actress, which has been a dream of mine since i was younger all while becoming a barrister (which has been my parents' dream that i want to fulfil for them) Im currently 15, turning 16 and really don't know what to do. I've taken up many school...

#barrister #acting #drama #college #actor #theatre #law

Lucia C.’s Avatar
Lucia C. Apr 28 107 views

What are good musical theatre schools in New York?

I want to be an actor on broadway, I love to sing and act #actor #theatre #acting...

Kimberly M.’s Avatar
Kimberly M. Mar 22 126 views

How do I go about becoming an actor

I like to act and be surrounded by people. I just like the way it feels to be on stage and becoming someone else. I've always liked the arts. I draw, and paint while listening to songs from musicals. #actor #acting #theatre...

#arts

Mitchell F.’s Avatar
Mitchell F. Dec 12, 2019 129 views
samuel M.’s Avatar
samuel M. Nov 22, 2019 125 views
Brigitte F.’s Avatar
Brigitte F. Oct 06, 2019 156 views

Is it difficult being a professional actor/actress in this day-and-age?

I am a high school senior and am hoping to become a professional (paid) actress after I graduate college. I am planning on attending the University of North Dakota and majoring in Theatre Arts. But, will all that prepare me for 'the outside world'? How can it be done? #performing-arts #theatre...

#acting #college

Aidan B.’s Avatar
Aidan B. Aug 14, 2019 145 views

How do I become an actor at the age of 15?

I have been wanting to act for a while now and I've only took one year of theater and I'm about to take my second year, I'm a 15 yo male, 5'10 #actor #acting #actors #theatre #theater...

#film-acting

K J.’s Avatar
K J. Jan 09, 2019 188 views

Would taking a theater course help with voice acting?

#acting #art #theatre #theater #voiceactor #voice-actor I have no experience with acting or voice acting in general. Would it be helpful to take an acting...

Hunter S.’s Avatar
Hunter S. Nov 15, 2018 227 views

What schooling did you take that helped with your career?

I am hoping to be an actor, and I would like to know what you did in school (Of any level) that you had that helps you when acting. # #acting # #theatre...

#performing-arts

Jesikah C.’s Avatar
Jesikah C. Oct 13, 2018 219 views

Any other options?

I want to stay instate to go to college but, I do not know what school would be best for film and theatre besides the university of Utah are there any other options? #college #theatre...

#film

Aubrey B.’s Avatar
Aubrey B. Aug 22, 2018 245 views

So much to do, so little time. What is it like to double major? Can I choose two unrelated majors, or do they have to be connected?

I have a lot of things that I'm interested in studying, but my top two are theatre and psychology. Crazy, right? Would it be possible for me to do both at the same time? #college #psychology #majors #career...

#theatre

Jacquelyn B.’s Avatar
Jacquelyn B. Apr 16, 2018 293 views

Where should I start to get a job?

This is my first time applying for a job I don't have much experience but I do know that I wanted to pursue a career in the performing arts where should I start? #first-job #theatre #help #job-applications #jobs #employment #performing-arts...

#arts

Amelia C.’s Avatar
Amelia C. Apr 19, 2018 279 views

How does someone land a job on Broadway?

I work in technical theatre and I aspire to one day work on Broadway. After I earn my BFA I want to immediately start working. I want to know who to ask, who to call, who I need to know to land this dream job. I want to first just get a job running a show and prepping for shows and eventually...

#acting #performing-arts #drama #actor #techie #theatre #performance #broadway #theater

Amelia C.’s Avatar
Amelia C. Apr 20, 2018 289 views

What secondary schools have the best or most acclaimed Technical Theatre Design and Production department

I plan on majoring in that field, I want a school that would grow my education instead of using my education as an excuse for free labor. I have a great standing knowledge on the matter, I want to earn expertise in this field. A school that starts with their student already knowing the basics....

#art #performing-arts #production #college #drama #stage-design #design #theater-production #theatre #performance #college-selection #college-major #theater #majoring-in-theatre

Samantha E.’s Avatar
Samantha E. Apr 27, 2018 318 views

How can I access information about casting calls being held?

I would want to audition for movies but I don't even know how to look for them. #casting #performing-arts #audition #arts #theater #theatre #acting...

#performance

Doris H.’s Avatar
Doris H. Jun 27, 2018 374 views

Do you have to go to college to become and Actor or actress

Your just acting not really doing math,ela, and world History and other subjects. But it is good to learn more about those subjects. #actor #actress #acting #film #theatre #theater...

#performing-arts

khyah V.’s Avatar
khyah V. Jun 28, 2018 282 views
Jai G.’s Avatar
Jai G. May 27, 2018 313 views

How to format your promptbook?

Another stage management question! So, I have recently finished stage managing my first show (Annie Jr.!) and it was awesome, my director/ teacher says I'm a natural. However, I ran into one key issue constantly. I don't know how to format my promptbook. I tried lots of different things but I...

#arts #drama #stagemanage #theatretech #theatre #promptbook #stagemanager #tech #theater

Jai G.’s Avatar
Jai G. May 27, 2018 313 views

Insider tips and tricks for an aspiring stage manager?

I'm about to got to college to study theater and I am so excited! Right now, I'm setting my sights on being a stage manager, and it is a career that strikes me as having little tricks and things that can help me be more effective. I would love to know some for my future managing adventures! :)...

#arts #tips #management #stagemanaging #drama #tricks #theatre #theater

Isha T.’s Avatar
Isha T. May 20, 2018 262 views

What's it like doing a theatre minor?

I'm an engineering major and I've recently realized that I really miss being involved in theatre - I used to do the plays in high school. I'm considering doing a theatre minor, but I don't know if it's going to do me any good since my career is probably not going to be related to theatre at...

#college-minor #theatre #minor #engineering #theatre-minor

Jasmine B.’s Avatar
Jasmine B. May 15, 2018 334 views

What is a good minor to pair with Theater Arts?

I was looking to minor in Mass communications but some people have suggested I major in Mass Com and minor in Theater. What would you suggest? #theatre...

#arts

Michelle S.’s Avatar
Michelle S. Jan 17, 2018 318 views

How can I pursue a dream in acting ?

I am currently a 12 grader and recently I discovered that I am very interested in an acting career but I don't really know how to start my way up to become an actor can any of you give any suggestions on how I should start? #acting #school #college-jobs #career #performing-arts #theater...

#theatre

Coogie B.’s Avatar
Coogie B. Jan 16, 2018 285 views

What classes in highschool should I take in order to be a musical choreographer.

I would like to be a musical theatre choreographer for shows and performances. #theatre #musical-theatre #dance #choreography #performing-arts...

#high-school-classes

Aedan C.’s Avatar
Aedan C. Jan 13, 2018 272 views

What is a theater college like?

I ask this because I had no idea what it was going to be like going into high school knowing no one. The high school I went to for Freshmen year was a school the was for 6-12 grade so most people in my classes knew each other. I was lucky to go to a theater school so almost everyone was nice. I...

#performing-arts #college #theater #theatre

Adrian W.’s Avatar
Adrian W. Apr 19, 2018 347 views

What is the best way to pay for college without a credit-worthy cosigner?

I am a sophomore in college, and I am just curious on the best way to pay for college. I am a theatre major, and I don't have a cosigner who has good enough credit. I am really looking for advice on scholarships/grants/etc.. Anything helps! #college #college-major #college-jobs...

#loans #musical-theatre #film #scholarships #professional-development #student #student-loans #work-life-balance #first-generation-college-students #theatre

Adrian W.’s Avatar
Adrian W. Apr 19, 2018 323 views

Is it better to take a gap year after graduating college?

I am a sophomore in college, and I am just curious on the best way to saving money after graduation. This would be to prepare for the student loan burden. Would it be better to move back home and work a minimum wage job, or try and find a job in a big city that pays more? #college...

#musical-theatre #film #college-jobs #professional-development #work-life-balance #theatre #college-major