Career Questions tagged Theatre

Gaby F.’s Avatar
Gaby F. May 19, 2016 743 views

Does Stanford offer good acting/theatre programs?

I am really interested in attending Stanford. #theatre #actor #musical-theatre #stanford #acting...

#theater

Julia A.’s Avatar
Julia A. Aug 13, 2016 406 views

What is the best public university in California for Musical Theatre?

I am applying to colleges to pursue a degree in Theatre Arts/Musical Theatre. #experience #music #musical-theatre #theatre...

#live-theatre

Raegan A.’s Avatar
Raegan A. May 23, 2016 631 views

How competitive is the job market among Stage Managers?

I want to go to school to be a stage manager, but I'm wanting to know how hard it is to get a job after graduating #theatre #musical-theatre #stage-management #performing-arts...

#acting

Halea B.’s Avatar
Halea B. Feb 09, 2017 402 views

How does a typical day run for Broadway performers?

How long are practices? How frequent are they? #theater #theatre #musical-theatre...

#broadway

Antonio W.’s Avatar
Antonio W. Feb 10, 2017 517 views

What experience do I need to go to theatre school?

To see how many more classes i need to take #manager #director #actors #stage #understudy #theatre...

#theater

Reid B.’s Avatar
Reid B. Aug 31, 2017 1007 views

Is there such thing as a stable art career?

My most emotionally invested passions include different artistic forms, such as theatre, acting, and visual arts. I'm contemplating pursuing one of these fields as a career, but have been warned that going to college and studying any of these for a major is financial suicide. There's never any...

#acting #theatre #art #fine-art

Jill S.’s Avatar
Jill S. May 21, 2016 741 views

Are there internships or non-competitive jobs that will help an actor make connections, build up a resume, and find opportunities?

I am an aspiring musical theatre actor, and I want to know how I can use my skills and time before I graduate high school and college to get ahead. #internships #acting #theatre #musical-theatre #broadway #stage-management #audition #theater-tech #personal-development...

#job-application

Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. May 15, 2016 506 views

Advice for someone interested in set design?

I am interested in set design and was wondering if someone could give me some advice. Either some books or videos you'd recommend. Also, if you know any set designers that I should look into, because I only know what I've learned from a few basic theatre classes. Thanks! #theatre #theater...

#set #set-design

mallory G.’s Avatar
mallory G. May 20, 2016 375 views

What advice would you give a theater major who isn't quite sure where they want to put most of their focus, i.e. acting, costume design, stage design, etc...?

I'm very passionate about theater and love ever aspect of it from cutting scripts to lighting to being the star of the show. I just don't know what I want to be my primary focus in order for me to start focusing my education and training on what I want to do for the rest of my life in the...

#theater #theatre #costume-design #set-design

Juan R.’s Avatar
Juan R. May 26, 2016 420 views

Where is the best place to start a dancing career ?

I love music and dance, but i dont know where to start? #music #dance...

#theatre

Tadeo V.’s Avatar
Tadeo V. Mar 05, 2017 442 views

How important is being flexible to possible changes?

Life changes all the time, whether we like it or not. How important is it to be able to break the plan we have and let life run its course so that we can pursue our goals with more focus or in a different manner? #theatre #flexibility...

#risk

Stephanie  P.’s Avatar
Stephanie P. Feb 17, 2017 537 views

What is a guaranteed job with a theater major that's not teaching?

I want to major in theater also but I don't want to be a teacher....

#theatre

Tyra I.’s Avatar
Tyra I. Feb 15, 2017 532 views

How has dance and tecnology come together in the 21st century?

Not just dancing, but also in theatre, how has technology transformed the way plays and performances run? #computer-software #computer #technology #dance...

#theatre

Halea B.’s Avatar
Halea B. Feb 15, 2017 447 views

In the 21st century, how has dance and technology come together?

#theatre

Azar B.’s Avatar
Azar B. Feb 13, 2017 424 views

Do you read from a book or do you act out scripts

I want to know #theatre...

#films

Azar B.’s Avatar
Azar B. Feb 13, 2017 453 views
Azar B.’s Avatar
Azar B. Feb 13, 2017 322 views

What courses are necessary to get a associates in theater

I want to know #theatre...

#film-acting

Azar B.’s Avatar
Azar B. Feb 13, 2017 373 views

What classes must be taken if you want to be an actor

I want to know #theatre #theater...

#films

Ashley G.’s Avatar
Ashley G. Jan 14, 2017 1065 views

What's it like being a theatre major?

I always loved theatre, and I'm just curious. #college-majors #theatre...

#musical-theatre

Leion E.’s Avatar
Leion E. Sep 04, 2016 808 views

How do I become an actor?

Where are the best schools for acting, can anyone help me with this? #film #theatre #actor #film-production #film-acting #actors...

#actoruniversity

robert B.’s Avatar
robert B. Aug 30, 2016 488 views

How difficult is it to double major in two oppposite fields?

I'm graduating high school this year and I want to be an urban planner. I was going to major in geography (for my career), but I also have a passion for theatre and music, so I was going to major in musical theatre as well with a minor in something like public administration/communications,...

#theatre #urban-planning #musical-theatre

Khalah R.’s Avatar
Khalah R. Aug 22, 2016 509 views

How i do become sucessful in the entertainement industry?

I'm a senior, i got to school in Hollywood i love broad casting and social media and i would love to work in the entertainment industry. How do i become successful and what do i major in? #acting #theatre #director #broadcast-media...

#film-production

Dublin C.’s Avatar
Dublin C. Aug 18, 2016 868 views

How can I improve my acting?

I am attending High School, and am involved in all the school productions, but I feel like I need to find other ways to improve my acting, and to achieve better physical, and vocal control. What are some good ways to improve in those areas, and how can I find more ways to improve? #acting...

#live-theatre #musical-theatre #film-acting #movie-theatres #voice-acting #improv-acting #theatre

Salome A.’s Avatar
Salome A. Jul 30, 2016 13955 views

Which careers integrate art and math/science?

Im a Junior but I've been wondering since 9th grade what to study,because originally I wanted to study Aerospacial engineering, later on Pediatric Chiropactor and right now I have no Idea what to study. I'm injterested in art beacause I've been studying Theater,dance and music(I just graduated...

#theatrical-production #music #engineering #theatre #fine-art #performing-arts #science

sree V.’s Avatar
sree V. Jun 23, 2016 613 views

I want to become an actor?

my school also sponsors plays and am a part of my school's acting group and so want to make acting as my career,need suggestions regarding my career plans. #acting #arts #theatre #literature...

#plays

Sydney R.’s Avatar
Sydney R. Jun 21, 2016 712 views

What kinds of internships would be good for someone seeking a career in theatre?

My dream is to be an actor, but I know you can't really intern as an actor :) So what kinds of internship possibilities are there for people who are interested in the performing arts? #internships #acting #internship #theatre...

#actor

Kathryn L.’s Avatar
Kathryn L. Jun 14, 2016 868 views

What are some good jobs to get as a teenager?

I've never had a real job before, other than babysitting. It's hard to fill out a resume when you don't have any experience, and I'm not sure where to start. Some of my interests include theatre, running (track and field), and writing, so any jobs involving these things would probably be great...

#running #fashion #first-job #jobs #sports #writing #student-recruiting #theatre

Malcolm  H.’s Avatar
Malcolm H. May 26, 2016 413 views

Is having a sense of moral accountability important in the entertainment industry?

With the many movies, tv movies, and social media we often times see artist conforming to the negative ways of society. I know that it may not be intentional but a lot of times artist and celebrities do things that aren't exactly moral in order to keep the fame #photography #theatre #actor...

#television #model #singer #films #radio

Halimah O.’s Avatar
Halimah O. May 22, 2016 793 views

After trying all you can do and not getting the desired job in you career field what do you do?

I don't want to put all of my eggs in one basket, but I also don't want to give up. My career field is competitive and I don't know if its reachable. I don't want to give up but I also need advise. Everyone seems to think I'm over my head and shooting way beyond the stars but I don't have a...

#acting #film #theatre #actor

Ashley M.’s Avatar
Ashley M. May 21, 2016 695 views

What's one good piece of advice you'd give to an actor to be successful during college?

I feel like I don't know enough about what it takes to succeed college as an actor. I want to be successful in and out of college. Actors have a hard road ahead of them but it would be great to know the best things for the actor to do to achieve both professional and personal success. Thank...

#actor #television #college #film-acting #film #theatre #college-major