Career Questions tagged Theatre

nicola V.’s Avatar
nicola V. Nov 07, 2021 66 views

how can we become a actor/ actress

Marlyon A.’s Avatar
Marlyon A. Jul 24, 2021 169 views

How should I go about auditioning?

I think acting would be really cool, and I tried to audition one time, but chickened out at the last minute because I was nervous. acting theatre actors...

actor

Mani J.’s Avatar
Mani J. Jun 10, 2021 121 views

How do I create a theater company?

I'm a writer, percussionist, and performer. I have some experience in direction, stage management, and set design/construction. I'm interested in creating a theater company, and I would love to know where to start. How many people would something like that require? Thanks! theatre theater...

film musicaltheater

samiya W.’s Avatar
samiya W. Jun 07, 2021 181 views

What do i need to become an actress?

I am a 10th student from New York, I know that the city id filled with many careers but i find it hard to get networking. actor actress acting theatre film-acting...

model

Elbe B.’s Avatar
Elbe B. Apr 15, 2021 231 views

How do I know what I want to go to collage for

There are 3 main careers I want but don't know how to choose. I want to be a Actor, Teacher, or Lawyer. teacher educators theatre students...

veterinary-technician

Asher M.’s Avatar
Asher M. Jan 12, 2021 217 views

What does it take to be an Actor?

I am an aspiring actor, and I want to know what it takes to be the best actor I can be. acting theatre...

actor

Echo D.’s Avatar
Echo D. Jan 11, 2021 235 views

Should I do theater or something more stable?

I am a Freshmen and I am starting to think about what I want to major in. I love to do musical theater and want to major in it, but I know that it is very competitive, so I am worried that I am not talented enough. Also, it's not the most stable career path, so should I do something more...

career-paths preformingarts musicaltheater theater theatre

samya C.’s Avatar
samya C. Jul 21, 2020 362 views

Can a lawyer or IS officer become an actor

i want to be an actor since my childhood but don't have the links to get into bollywood and getting into bollywood is not easy until you hold some power....so can i become an IS officer or Ciminal defence lawyer and then become an actor on the basis of my links in future....is it possible ?im...

actor theatre

HX J.’s Avatar
HX J. May 14, 2020 490 views

I want to become an actress and a barrister, but don't quite know how to pursue both careers at the same time and what to do to succeed in both fields.

I live in the UK and am aspiring to be an actress, which has been a dream of mine since i was younger all while becoming a barrister (which has been my parents' dream that i want to fulfil for them) Im currently 15, turning 16 and really don't know what to do. I've taken up many school...

actor law drama college acting theatre barrister

Lucia C.’s Avatar
Lucia C. Apr 28, 2020 337 views

What are good musical theatre schools in New York?

I want to be an actor on broadway, I love to sing and act actor theatre acting...

college

Kimberly M.’s Avatar
Kimberly M. Mar 22, 2020 324 views

How do I go about becoming an actor

I like to act and be surrounded by people. I just like the way it feels to be on stage and becoming someone else. I've always liked the arts. I draw, and paint while listening to songs from musicals. actor acting theatre...

arts

Brigitte F.’s Avatar
Brigitte F. Oct 06, 2019 440 views

Is it difficult being a professional actor/actress in this day-and-age?

I am a high school senior and am hoping to become a professional (paid) actress after I graduate college. I am planning on attending the University of North Dakota and majoring in Theatre Arts. But, will all that prepare me for 'the outside world'? How can it be done? performing-arts theatre...

college acting

Aidan B.’s Avatar
Aidan B. Aug 14, 2019 351 views

How do I become an actor at the age of 15?

I have been wanting to act for a while now and I've only took one year of theater and I'm about to take my second year, I'm a 15 yo male, 5'10 actor acting actors theatre theater...

film-acting

K J.’s Avatar
K J. Jan 09, 2019 343 views

Would taking a theater course help with voice acting?

acting art theatre theater voiceactor voice-actor I have no experience with acting or voice acting in general. Would it be helpful to take an acting...

Hunter S.’s Avatar
Hunter S. Nov 15, 2018 356 views

What schooling did you take that helped with your career?

I am hoping to be an actor, and I would like to know what you did in school (Of any level) that you had that helps you when acting. # acting # theatre...

performing-arts

Jesikah C.’s Avatar
Jesikah C. Oct 13, 2018 334 views

Any other options?

I want to stay instate to go to college but, I do not know what school would be best for film and theatre besides the university of Utah are there any other options? college theatre...

film

Aubrey B.’s Avatar
Aubrey B. Aug 22, 2018 406 views

So much to do, so little time. What is it like to double major? Can I choose two unrelated majors, or do they have to be connected?

I have a lot of things that I'm interested in studying, but my top two are theatre and psychology. Crazy, right? Would it be possible for me to do both at the same time? college psychology majors career...

theatre

Jacquelyn B.’s Avatar
Jacquelyn B. Apr 16, 2018 470 views

Where should I start to get a job?

This is my first time applying for a job I don't have much experience but I do know that I wanted to pursue a career in the performing arts where should I start? first-job theatre help job-applications jobs employment performing-arts...

arts

Amelia C.’s Avatar
Amelia C. Apr 19, 2018 467 views

How does someone land a job on Broadway?

I work in technical theatre and I aspire to one day work on Broadway. After I earn my BFA I want to immediately start working. I want to know who to ask, who to call, who I need to know to land this dream job. I want to first just get a job running a show and prepping for shows and eventually...

actor performing-arts drama theatre acting broadway theater techie performance

Amelia C.’s Avatar
Amelia C. Apr 20, 2018 440 views

What secondary schools have the best or most acclaimed Technical Theatre Design and Production department

I plan on majoring in that field, I want a school that would grow my education instead of using my education as an excuse for free labor. I have a great standing knowledge on the matter, I want to earn expertise in this field. A school that starts with their student already knowing the basics....

college-selection performing-arts college drama college-major theater art theater-production design theatre production performance majoring-in-theatre stage-design

Samantha E.’s Avatar
Samantha E. Apr 27, 2018 489 views

How can I access information about casting calls being held?

I would want to audition for movies but I don't even know how to look for them. casting performing-arts audition arts theater theatre acting...

performance

Doris H.’s Avatar
Doris H. Jun 27, 2018 1120 views

Do you have to go to college to become and Actor or actress

Your just acting not really doing math,ela, and world History and other subjects. But it is good to learn more about those subjects. actor actress acting film theatre theater...

performing-arts