Career Questions tagged Performing Arts

Kadiatou’s Avatar
Kadiatou Jun 14 254 views

Do we need to have take acting courses before playing in a movie / TV show?

I sometimes feel like I got the potential for this, but i'm scared to be too much confident for at the end be really bad. I don't want to be too sure about myself. And if there are classes to take are the courses on Youtube enough for it?

Kadiatou’s Avatar
Kadiatou Jun 14 402 views

How to audition for movies / TV shows?

I really don't know anything about that and needed to have further explications about finding the casting calls. I heard we need an agent for that, but i'm not sure.

Nia’s Avatar
Nia Jun 07 171 views

I want to get a bfa - how hard is it to get into a program?

I’m 14 and want to pursue acting as a career, particularly Shakespeare. My plan right now is to do 5-7 plays a year during high school, do the ESU Shakes comp, create Shakes clubs where I can start getting directing experience, continue with my outside of school acting coach, singing as well,...

sanaa’s Avatar
sanaa Apr 29 118 views

When it comes to acting or wanting to be on Broadway, what is the best way not to get discourage with failed attempts at making the part you really wanted?

In all of my years of schooling- especially with performing arts- the rejection wasn't terrible or I would get the role I wanted; how would I deal with that especially since it's something I'm not entirely familiar with

Xochitl’s Avatar
Xochitl Apr 29, 2021 418 views

What are the requirements to become a animator of a big company?

I'm a self taught artist who has been animating ever since middle school. Running a business has been n my mind over 4 years #performing-arts #artist #art #jobs

Grace’s Avatar
Grace Dec 10, 2020 778 views

What's it like to be an Art Director?

Hi all! I'm exploring career options and wondering if anyone is/was an Art Director and want to know the following 1.) a summary of what you do on the day-today 2.) Can you be an Art Director who has no technical art background but more of a business background, and 3.) What is the best career...

Christina’s Avatar
Christina Jun 14, 2020 597 views

How should I choose a career that matches my personality?

I love singing and dancing and acting is what I've always wanted to do, but the acting business is hard and i don't know if i would make it. #film-acting #performing-arts #career #art

Sabrina’s Avatar
Sabrina Mar 24, 2020 368 views

What are the steps for becoming a performance director as a career starting in college.

#acting #directing #performing #career #art #performing-arts #college

Brigitte’s Avatar
Brigitte Oct 06, 2019 582 views

Is it difficult being a professional actor/actress in this day-and-age?

I am a high school senior and am hoping to become a professional (paid) actress after I graduate college. I am planning on attending the University of North Dakota and majoring in Theatre Arts. But, will all that prepare me for 'the outside world'? How can it be done? #performing-arts #theatre...

Austin’s Avatar
Austin Sep 18, 2019 365 views

What can I do to build my acting career(tv and film)? Start it off

I’m ambitious and I’m excited for opportunities #acting #film-acting #actors #performing-arts

Ciara’s Avatar
Ciara Mar 22, 2019 363 views

How can I get a career in acting and musicals?

I would love to perform as a career but I don’t know how or where I should go to do so. #performing-arts #acting #career

Damonte’s Avatar
Damonte Dec 02, 2018 436 views

what type of responsibilities does someone in film editing hold?

How hard are these responsiblities?
Do any of these responsibilities hold more importance then another?
#film #movies #editing #film-editing #performing-arts # #television #production

Hunter’s Avatar
Hunter Nov 15, 2018 439 views

What schooling did you take that helped with your career?

I am hoping to be an actor, and I would like to know what you did in school (Of any level) that you had that helps you when acting. # #acting # #theatre #Performing-Arts

Hunter’s Avatar
Hunter Nov 15, 2018 470 views

What training have you received that helps in your career?

I m hoping to become an Actor, and so I am curious what training helps the most with doing that profession well. #Acting #Actors #Performing-Arts

Hunter’s Avatar
Hunter Nov 15, 2018 430 views

Why did you decide on your career?

what made you decide you wanted to be an actor? #acting #actors #performing-arts

abi’s Avatar
abi Sep 04, 2018 503 views

What's the salary of professional singers in LA?

#singer #salary #LA #music #art #performing-arts #voice #vocals #singing #performer #performance

Doris’s Avatar
Doris Jun 27, 2018 1312 views

Do you have to go to college to become and Actor or actress

Your just acting not really doing math,ela, and world History and other subjects. But it is good to learn more about those subjects. #actor #actress #acting #film #theatre #theater #performing-arts

kyla’s Avatar
kyla Jun 27, 2018 650 views

what are the steps to be a famous singer??

I've always wanted to be a famous singer but i never know how .#singer #music #recording-arts #music-industry #performance #performing-arts #vocal #vocalist

Shelby’s Avatar
Shelby May 23, 2018 629 views

What can a Theatre Performance major do to make it easier to find work after college?

#theatremajor #theatre #theater #drama #performing-arts

Taylor’s Avatar
Taylor May 21, 2018 448 views

How would you get into the animation industry?

It feels like getting into the industry is a bit hard, so I was wondering if there was any tips on how to enter it. #film #performing-arts #animation #art #media

Samantha’s Avatar
Samantha Apr 27, 2018 561 views

How can I access information about casting calls being held?

I would want to audition for movies but I don't even know how to look for them. #casting #performing-arts #audition #arts #theater #theatre #acting #performance

Amelia’s Avatar
Amelia Apr 20, 2018 535 views

What secondary schools have the best or most acclaimed Technical Theatre Design and Production department

I plan on majoring in that field, I want a school that would grow my education instead of using my education as an excuse for free labor. I have a great standing knowledge on the matter, I want to earn expertise in this field. A school that starts with their student already knowing the basics....

Amelia’s Avatar
Amelia Apr 19, 2018 581 views

How does someone land a job on Broadway?

I work in technical theatre and I aspire to one day work on Broadway. After I earn my BFA I want to immediately start working. I want to know who to ask, who to call, who I need to know to land this dream job. I want to first just get a job running a show and prepping for shows and eventually...

Jacquelyn’s Avatar
Jacquelyn Apr 16, 2018 554 views

Where should I start to get a job?

This is my first time applying for a job I don't have much experience but I do know that I wanted to pursue a career in the performing arts where should I start?

#first-job #theatre #help #job-applications #jobs #employment #performing-arts #arts

Stephanie’s Avatar
Stephanie Mar 20, 2018 449 views

As a theatre major, what do you do post graduation?

I'm studying acting, and unfortunately the odds of success after graduation can be hit or miss. What the heck do I do after I graduate? Their are many questions on how to obtain a manager, agent, publicist, lawyer. And which one is the most important. It is so easy to be taken advantage of....

Elleyna’s Avatar
Elleyna Mar 20, 2018 509 views

Technology and Performing Arts

My father has tried to tell me that the opportunities for Performing Arts majors (vocal - opera singer) are significantly reduced in this day of technology and that less people are going to live performance. I disagree, but maybe he has a point and there will be less opportunities than...

Bella’s Avatar
Bella Jan 18, 2018 575 views

Is it possible to be behind the camera and in front as well?

I love acting, but I also have a big interest in filmmaking. What I'm wondering is if I pursue filmmaking, will that ever put me in a position to act? Or is it just one or the other? I know both are a hard place to get into, and I wouldn't mind some advice for that as well. #acting...

Lauren’s Avatar
Lauren Jan 17, 2018 840 views

How do I apply for grants for my dance ideas?

I will need #funds for my #dance company while I’m trying to get off the ground. #investment #performing-arts #business

Michelle’s Avatar
Michelle Jan 17, 2018 603 views

How can I pursue a dream in acting ?

I am currently a 12 grader and recently I discovered that I am very interested in an acting career but I don't really know how to start my way up to become an actor can any of you give any suggestions on how I should start? #acting #school #college-jobs #career #performing-arts #theater #theatre

Skylar’s Avatar
Skylar Jan 17, 2018 546 views

What if I want to have a job that supports and pays well, but that I genuinely like and have time to do things in my free time?

I have heard many stories of people having their dream jobs that pay, "big bucks," but then having these jobs take away a lot of time from their outside lives and take away time from things that are truly important to them, for example, family. I have also heard of people having jobs that pay...