Career Questions tagged Performing Arts

Brigitte F.’s Avatar
Brigitte F. Oct 06 17 views

Is it difficult being a professional actor/actress in this day-and-age?

I am a high school senior and am hoping to become a professional (paid) actress after I graduate college. I am planning on attending the University of North Dakota and majoring in Theatre Arts. But, will all that prepare me for 'the outside world'? How can it be done? #performing-arts #theatre...

#acting #college

Austin M.’s Avatar
Austin M. Sep 18 25 views

What can I do to build my acting career(tv and film)? Start it off

I’m ambitious and I’m excited for opportunities #acting #film-acting #actors...

#performing-arts

Damonte B.’s Avatar
Damonte B. Dec 02, 2018 99 views

what type of responsibilities does someone in film editing hold?

How hard are these responsiblities? Do any of these responsibilities hold more importance then another? #film #movies #editing #film-editing #performing-arts # #television...

#production

Ciara P.’s Avatar
Ciara P. Mar 22 68 views

How can I get a career in acting and musicals?

I would love to perform as a career but I don’t know how or where I should go to do so. #performing-arts #acting...

#career

Hunter S.’s Avatar
Hunter S. Nov 15, 2018 151 views

What schooling did you take that helped with your career?

I am hoping to be an actor, and I would like to know what you did in school (Of any level) that you had that helps you when acting. # #acting # #theatre...

#performing-arts

Hunter S.’s Avatar
Hunter S. Nov 15, 2018 148 views

What training have you received that helps in your career?

I m hoping to become an Actor, and so I am curious what training helps the most with doing that profession well. #acting #actors...

#performing-arts

Hunter S.’s Avatar
Hunter S. Nov 15, 2018 149 views

Why did you decide on your career?

what made you decide you wanted to be an actor? #acting #actors...

#performing-arts

Jacquelyn B.’s Avatar
Jacquelyn B. Apr 16, 2018 190 views

Where should I start to get a job?

This is my first time applying for a job I don't have much experience but I do know that I wanted to pursue a career in the performing arts where should I start? #first-job #theatre #help #job-applications #jobs #employment #performing-arts...

#arts

Amelia C.’s Avatar
Amelia C. Apr 19, 2018 172 views

How does someone land a job on Broadway?

I work in technical theatre and I aspire to one day work on Broadway. After I earn my BFA I want to immediately start working. I want to know who to ask, who to call, who I need to know to land this dream job. I want to first just get a job running a show and prepping for shows and eventually...

#broadway #theatre #performing-arts #theater #actor #acting #drama #performance #techie

Amelia C.’s Avatar
Amelia C. Apr 20, 2018 203 views

What secondary schools have the best or most acclaimed Technical Theatre Design and Production department

I plan on majoring in that field, I want a school that would grow my education instead of using my education as an excuse for free labor. I have a great standing knowledge on the matter, I want to earn expertise in this field. A school that starts with their student already knowing the basics....

#art #majoring-in-theatre #college-selection #college-major #theatre #theater-production #performing-arts #college #theater #production #drama #design #performance #stage-design

Samantha E.’s Avatar
Samantha E. Apr 27, 2018 186 views

How can I access information about casting calls being held?

I would want to audition for movies but I don't even know how to look for them. #casting #performing-arts #audition #arts #theater #theatre #acting...

#performance

Taylor H.’s Avatar
Taylor H. May 21, 2018 181 views

How would you get into the animation industry?

It feels like getting into the industry is a bit hard, so I was wondering if there was any tips on how to enter it. #film #performing-arts #animation #art...

#media

kyla H.’s Avatar
kyla H. Jun 27, 2018 173 views

what are the steps to be a famous singer??

I've always wanted to be a famous singer but i never know how .#singer #music #recording-arts #music-industry #performance #performing-arts #vocal...

#vocalist

Doris H.’s Avatar
Doris H. Jun 27, 2018 186 views

Do you have to go to college to become and Actor or actress

Your just acting not really doing math,ela, and world History and other subjects. But it is good to learn more about those subjects. #actor #actress #acting #film #theatre #theater...

#performing-arts

Elleyna A.’s Avatar
Elleyna A. Mar 20, 2018 203 views

Technology and Performing Arts

My father has tried to tell me that the opportunities for Performing Arts majors (vocal - opera singer) are significantly reduced in this day of technology and that less people are going to live performance. I disagree, but maybe he has a point and there will be less opportunities than...

#technology #opera #performing-arts #singing

Lauren L.’s Avatar
Lauren L. Jan 17, 2018 214 views

How do I apply for grants for my dance ideas?

I will need #funds for my #dance company while I’m trying to get off the ground. #investment #performing-arts...

#business

Michelle S.’s Avatar
Michelle S. Jan 17, 2018 221 views

How can I pursue a dream in acting ?

I am currently a 12 grader and recently I discovered that I am very interested in an acting career but I don't really know how to start my way up to become an actor can any of you give any suggestions on how I should start? #acting #school #college-jobs #career #performing-arts #theater...

#theatre

Kelly F.’s Avatar
Kelly F. Jan 16, 2018 152 views

How can I be successful in Commercial Music?

I am going to major in Commercial Music #music #performing-arts...

#music-production

Katie H.’s Avatar
Katie H. Jan 16, 2018 217 views

What are the benefits of choosing an arts conservatory versus a liberal arts school with an arts program?

Trying to decide on conservatory versus liberal arts with a strong program. #performing-arts #music #college...

#arts

Coogie B.’s Avatar
Coogie B. Jan 16, 2018 205 views

What classes in highschool should I take in order to be a musical choreographer.

I would like to be a musical theatre choreographer for shows and performances. #theatre #musical-theatre #dance #choreography #performing-arts...

#high-school-classes

Madison A.’s Avatar
Madison A. Jan 16, 2018 176 views

Will it benefit me after graduating college with a BS in Dance if my school is in a large city?

How can I take advantage of the city’s performing Arts opportunities after graduating with a BS in dance? #dance...

#performing-arts

Lucianna A.’s Avatar
Lucianna A. Jan 16, 2018 208 views

What was the most rewarding thing you experienced in a performance or in an audition?

I want to be able to gauge my success better and not just focus on getting into a show or getting a rather large applause. I want to be able to see how other performers view achievements and be able to grow and reflect on that. #vocal #performing-arts #success #voice #music...

#singing

Lucianna A.’s Avatar
Lucianna A. Jan 16, 2018 141 views

What is the greatest challenge you’ve faced as a vocal performance major and how did you overcome it?

I am going to major in vocal performance in college after I graduate. There are many perceived challenges of the field but I want to know what problems arise. I would like to be better prepared. #vocalperformance #voice #opera #challenges #music...

#performing-arts

Aedan C.’s Avatar
Aedan C. Jan 13, 2018 193 views

What is a theater college like?

I ask this because I had no idea what it was going to be like going into high school knowing no one. The high school I went to for Freshmen year was a school the was for 6-12 grade so most people in my classes knew each other. I was lucky to go to a theater school so almost everyone was nice. I...

#theatre #performing-arts #college #theater

Laniah L.’s Avatar
Laniah L. Jan 12, 2018 132 views

What types of careers should i explore if i want to become a actress when i grow up?

I'm asking because i want to be on the right path to succeed in my career. #hollywood #acting...

#performing-arts

oliver T.’s Avatar
oliver T. Jan 10, 2018 185 views

what is some advice on earning a stable salary as a musician?

I know that I will be a musician when I grow up but I might end up homeless also due to having no money. #music #salary #pay...

#performing-arts

Angela W.’s Avatar
Angela W. Jan 10, 2018 163 views

If you are working to become a dancer in a professional ballet company what would be a great academic subject to focus on in college?

I am a ballet student who is working at a ballet training program and since dance is such a serious profession I would like to see what academic subject would allow me to learn more about society and life and to be a more intuitive person. #college #dance #performing-arts...

#college-major