Career Questions tagged Performing Arts

Xochitl G.’s Avatar
Xochitl G. Apr 29, 2021 327 views

What are the requirements to become a animator of a big company?

I'm a self taught artist who has been animating ever since middle school. Running a business has been n my mind over 4 years performing-arts artist art...

jobs

Grace C.’s Avatar
Grace C. Dec 10, 2020 554 views

What's it like to be an Art Director?

Hi all! I'm exploring career options and wondering if anyone is/was an Art Director and want to know the following 1.) a summary of what you do on the day-today 2.) Can you be an Art Director who has no technical art background but more of a business background, and 3.) What is the best career...

director artdirector performing-arts arts art artist

Christina B.’s Avatar
Christina B. Jun 14, 2020 491 views

How should I choose a career that matches my personality?

I love singing and dancing and acting is what I've always wanted to do, but the acting business is hard and i don't know if i would make it. film-acting performing-arts career...

art

Brigitte F.’s Avatar
Brigitte F. Oct 06, 2019 440 views

Is it difficult being a professional actor/actress in this day-and-age?

I am a high school senior and am hoping to become a professional (paid) actress after I graduate college. I am planning on attending the University of North Dakota and majoring in Theatre Arts. But, will all that prepare me for 'the outside world'? How can it be done? performing-arts theatre...

college acting

Austin M.’s Avatar
Austin M. Sep 18, 2019 278 views
Damonte B.’s Avatar
Damonte B. Dec 02, 2018 345 views

what type of responsibilities does someone in film editing hold?

How hard are these responsiblities? Do any of these responsibilities hold more importance then another? film movies editing film-editing performing-arts # television...

production

Ciara P.’s Avatar
Ciara P. Mar 22, 2019 292 views

How can I get a career in acting and musicals?

I would love to perform as a career but I don’t know how or where I should go to do so. performing-arts acting...

career

Hunter S.’s Avatar
Hunter S. Nov 15, 2018 356 views

What schooling did you take that helped with your career?

I am hoping to be an actor, and I would like to know what you did in school (Of any level) that you had that helps you when acting. # acting # theatre...

performing-arts

Hunter S.’s Avatar
Hunter S. Nov 15, 2018 389 views

What training have you received that helps in your career?

I m hoping to become an Actor, and so I am curious what training helps the most with doing that profession well. Acting Actors...

performing-arts

Hunter S.’s Avatar
Hunter S. Nov 15, 2018 359 views

Why did you decide on your career?

what made you decide you wanted to be an actor? acting actors...

performing-arts

Jacquelyn B.’s Avatar
Jacquelyn B. Apr 16, 2018 470 views

Where should I start to get a job?

This is my first time applying for a job I don't have much experience but I do know that I wanted to pursue a career in the performing arts where should I start? first-job theatre help job-applications jobs employment performing-arts...

arts

Amelia C.’s Avatar
Amelia C. Apr 19, 2018 466 views

How does someone land a job on Broadway?

I work in technical theatre and I aspire to one day work on Broadway. After I earn my BFA I want to immediately start working. I want to know who to ask, who to call, who I need to know to land this dream job. I want to first just get a job running a show and prepping for shows and eventually...

actor performing-arts drama theatre acting broadway theater techie performance

Amelia C.’s Avatar
Amelia C. Apr 20, 2018 440 views

What secondary schools have the best or most acclaimed Technical Theatre Design and Production department

I plan on majoring in that field, I want a school that would grow my education instead of using my education as an excuse for free labor. I have a great standing knowledge on the matter, I want to earn expertise in this field. A school that starts with their student already knowing the basics....

college-selection performing-arts college drama college-major theater art theater-production design theatre production performance majoring-in-theatre stage-design

Samantha E.’s Avatar
Samantha E. Apr 27, 2018 489 views

How can I access information about casting calls being held?

I would want to audition for movies but I don't even know how to look for them. casting performing-arts audition arts theater theatre acting...

performance

Taylor H.’s Avatar
Taylor H. May 21, 2018 381 views

How would you get into the animation industry?

It feels like getting into the industry is a bit hard, so I was wondering if there was any tips on how to enter it. film performing-arts animation art...

media

kyla H.’s Avatar
kyla H. Jun 27, 2018 431 views

what are the steps to be a famous singer??

I've always wanted to be a famous singer but i never know how .singer music recording-arts music-industry performance performing-arts vocal...

vocalist

Doris H.’s Avatar
Doris H. Jun 27, 2018 1120 views

Do you have to go to college to become and Actor or actress

Your just acting not really doing math,ela, and world History and other subjects. But it is good to learn more about those subjects. actor actress acting film theatre theater...

performing-arts

Elleyna A.’s Avatar
Elleyna A. Mar 20, 2018 430 views

Technology and Performing Arts

My father has tried to tell me that the opportunities for Performing Arts majors (vocal - opera singer) are significantly reduced in this day of technology and that less people are going to live performance. I disagree, but maybe he has a point and there will be less opportunities than...

singing opera technology performing-arts

Lauren L.’s Avatar
Lauren L. Jan 17, 2018 723 views
Michelle S.’s Avatar
Michelle S. Jan 17, 2018 505 views

How can I pursue a dream in acting ?

I am currently a 12 grader and recently I discovered that I am very interested in an acting career but I don't really know how to start my way up to become an actor can any of you give any suggestions on how I should start? acting school college-jobs career performing-arts theater...

theatre

Kelly F.’s Avatar
Kelly F. Jan 16, 2018 341 views

How can I be successful in Commercial Music?

I am going to major in Commercial Music music performing-arts...

music-production

Katie H.’s Avatar
Katie H. Jan 16, 2018 443 views

What are the benefits of choosing an arts conservatory versus a liberal arts school with an arts program?

Trying to decide on conservatory versus liberal arts with a strong program. performing-arts music college...

arts

Coogie B.’s Avatar
Coogie B. Jan 16, 2018 485 views
Madison A.’s Avatar
Madison A. Jan 16, 2018 364 views

Will it benefit me after graduating college with a BS in Dance if my school is in a large city?

How can I take advantage of the city’s performing Arts opportunities after graduating with a BS in dance? dance...

performing-arts

Lucianna A.’s Avatar
Lucianna A. Jan 16, 2018 520 views

What was the most rewarding thing you experienced in a performance or in an audition?

I want to be able to gauge my success better and not just focus on getting into a show or getting a rather large applause. I want to be able to see how other performers view achievements and be able to grow and reflect on that. vocal performing-arts success voice music...

singing

Lucianna A.’s Avatar
Lucianna A. Jan 16, 2018 371 views

What is the greatest challenge you’ve faced as a vocal performance major and how did you overcome it?

I am going to major in vocal performance in college after I graduate. There are many perceived challenges of the field but I want to know what problems arise. I would like to be better prepared. vocalperformance voice opera challenges music...

performing-arts

Aedan C.’s Avatar
Aedan C. Jan 13, 2018 400 views

What is a theater college like?

I ask this because I had no idea what it was going to be like going into high school knowing no one. The high school I went to for Freshmen year was a school the was for 6-12 grade so most people in my classes knew each other. I was lucky to go to a theater school so almost everyone was nice. I...

college theater theatre performing-arts