Career Questions tagged Ballet

Zella H.’s Avatar
Zella H. Jan 20, 2018

Should I keep dancing to get into college?

A loaded question, for sure. I've been dancing ballet since I was four and really loved it for most of my life. Like, really loved it - so much so that I moved across the country to live with my dance teacher and did online school in order to dance full time. But after two insanely amazing and...

#ballet #college #college-admissions

Pilar O.’s Avatar
Pilar O. Jan 10, 2018

As a ballet student with big dreams is it possible to go to college while still being in a professional company?

I am a 14 year old freshman in high school and I am being asked this question a lot, but I never know how to answer. I go to an arts school in the Bay Area and I train at professional ballet school that I directly connected to a company. I dance 6 days a week for close to 5 or 6 hours a day....

#ballet-dancer #classical-ballet #dance #ballet #dancing

Jennifer H.’s Avatar
Jennifer H. Dec 08, 2017
Sylvani S.’s Avatar
Sylvani S. May 13, 2016

What are the best colleges for dance programs that actually lead to professional dance careers?

Many colleges and universities offer dance programs, but not all are consistent at leading to a dance career that pays the bills. Is there a list somewhere of good programs and their rate of graduates getting hired? #dance #dance-education #ballet #performing-arts #art...

Ciara H.’s Avatar
Ciara H. May 10, 2016

Is it hard to become a dance teacher at a good studio?

I want to be a dance teacher after I graduate from college. I've danced for 9 years and want to major in Dance. #dance #ballet #career #dance-education #art #performing-arts...

#career-counseling

Shamya L.’s Avatar
Shamya L. Nov 09, 2016

What classes are the best classes to take in college if i want to own my own dance school?

I am a dancer and I've been dancing since age 4. I love dance and i love children. I feel that dancing is a positive way of expression. I live in Far Rockaway, Queens and not a lot of people have lots of money to pay for professional dance classes for there children so they don't introduce it...

#finance #dance-education #entrepreneurship #management #dance #ballet #business

Marcella P.’s Avatar
Marcella P. Apr 01, 2015

Is it stressful to be a dance teacher?

Hello my name is Marcella and i am in 12th grade. I am asking this because I danced since I was five years old. I am thinking about being a dancer when I get a job. My aunt is a dance teacher is a dance teacher in England but it is hard to keep contact with her. #teacher #dance #ballet #hip-hop...

#jazz #tap