Career Questions tagged Dance Education

Calissa P.’s Avatar
Calissa P. Apr 06, 2018 611 views

im thinking about being a dance choreographer, but im not sure if they get paid enough...

i have been dancing for a long time, and i enjoy it a lot and consider doing it as my job,... but i am not sure if its the job that will provide enough money for me and my family. what should i do? dance-education dancer...

choreography

Chaslyn D.’s Avatar
Chaslyn D. Jan 16, 2018 320 views

I will be a BFA Dance major in college. I am trying to choose from several offers. Is it reasonable for me to request/demand to take a few dance classes on my college visit to allow me to gauge the fit?

I have been accepted to several really good college dance programs and am still waiting on audition results from a few others. Once I have all the offers, my parents want us to visit the primary contenders. When I go to do these official campus visits, is it reasonable for me to...

dance-education dance

Chaslyn D.’s Avatar
Chaslyn D. Jan 16, 2018 554 views

I am intending to pursue a BFA in Dance as my major in college with a minor Arts Management or Business with a career goal to dance professionally. How critical is it to attend a college in New York City vs great universities in places like Texas or Ohio?

My career vision is to dance professionally, including opportunities like a professional dance company, Broadway shows, LA productions, or traveling touring companies. I realize I cannot dance forever, so I would then want to transition into a role either as a choreographer, setter, or in the...

dance-education dance

Anissa Z.’s Avatar
Anissa Z. Oct 10, 2017 502 views

What colleges have the best dance program?

I may want to dance in college but i want to go somewhere that has a good dance program performing-arts dance dance-education...

college

Sylvani S.’s Avatar
Sylvani S. May 13, 2016 994 views

What are the best colleges for dance programs that actually lead to professional dance careers?

Many colleges and universities offer dance programs, but not all are consistent at leading to a dance career that pays the bills. Is there a list somewhere of good programs and their rate of graduates getting hired? dance dance-education ballet performing-arts art...

college

Ciara H.’s Avatar
Ciara H. May 10, 2016 567 views

Is it hard to become a dance teacher at a good studio?

I want to be a dance teacher after I graduate from college. I've danced for 9 years and want to major in Dance. dance ballet career dance-education art performing-arts...

career-counseling

Sylvani S.’s Avatar
Sylvani S. May 13, 2016 647 views

What is the best path to become a professional dancer, auditioning for a company at 18 or going to a college dance program?

Most dancers I know feel that the best path to a professional dance career is to go straight out of high school to a company. I'm not sure I'm ready for that, and I also would like to go to college. I'm afraid that if I do, though, I might be making it more difficult for me to get into a...

dance-education performing-arts college arts career-counseling dance

Halea B.’s Avatar
Halea B. Feb 09, 2017 440 views
Halea B.’s Avatar
Halea B. Feb 08, 2017 444 views

In College, what classes should I enroll in if I plan on being a dance Instructor?

Besides Dance classes or majoring in dance, what other classes would benefit me? dance dance-education...

dancers

Halea B.’s Avatar
Halea B. Feb 08, 2017 544 views

What kind of college do I need to go to if I want to become a dance instructor

Would I need to go to a 4 year college? 2 year? 8 year? I want to know because that is what one of my main goals is because I've always loved dancing and helping others so it's a perfect fit for me. dance dance-education...

dancers

Shamya L.’s Avatar
Shamya L. Nov 09, 2016 636 views

What classes are the best classes to take in college if i want to own my own dance school?

I am a dancer and I've been dancing since age 4. I love dance and i love children. I feel that dancing is a positive way of expression. I live in Far Rockaway, Queens and not a lot of people have lots of money to pay for professional dance classes for there children so they don't introduce it...

dance-education business entrepreneurship management ballet finance dance

Allya J.’s Avatar
Allya J. Aug 22, 2016 1107 views

If I have spent more than 7 years away from dance, but I still love dancing is it worth it to go after a career in dance even though I'll be behind all of those people who've danced for over 15 years straight?

One of the very first things I started doing as a child was dancing and it's always been something that I've thoroughly enjoyed and allowed me to express myself and just be me, but I haven't danced in nearly 8 years. I just want advice on whether or not I should pursue dance as a career or if...

college-student dance-education artist dance

veronica G.’s Avatar
veronica G. May 13, 2016 775 views

What should I do after I graduate college?

I have big dreams of becoming a professional dancer who books, tours, music videos, award shows, musicals, and any other kind of shows you can think of. I'm going to study interdisciplinary arts with specialization in arts leadership in Seattle University where I can learn about both the...

creative-arts dance-education musicals hip-hop-dance dance

Ciara H.’s Avatar
Ciara H. May 10, 2016 612 views

How do you get started creating your own dance studio?

I have danced for 9 years and want to be a Dance major in college. I'd like to own my own dance studio someday. dance dance-education hip-hop-dance jazz-dance...

tap