2
Asked 672 views

What kind of college do I need to go to if I want to become a dance instructor

Would I need to go to a 4 year college? 2 year? 8 year?
I want to know because that is what one of my main goals is because I've always loved dancing and helping others so it's a perfect fit for me. #dance #dance-education #dancers

2

0

Deborah R.’s Answer

Here is a brief question: have you considered helping people by becoming a Dance/Movement Therapist? You would probably have to also become a social worker or get an EdD because there is still no license to practice as a Dance/Movement Therapist, it is a certification, not a license. In order to be covered by insurance you would have to be licensed.

On the other hand you can always help people by teaching dance. You might want to look into attending a college that has a a good dance department and major in dance.

Good luck.
0
0

Donna’s Answer

You would definitely want to continue taking dance classes and look for a school that has a major in Dance 2 years would be minimal depending on how far or at what level you would like to teach at. You also might want to look into a teaching degree followed through by your Masters Degree as that would give you options to teach dance at a higher level. Another avenue to look into is Early Childhood Care or Elderly Care and that way you could incorporate your dance with those areas of the work place.
0