Career questions tagged career

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
jaden18 views

how do I get started with my computer engineering career?

what can i do to find a mentor and began my computer engineering journey

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Bryanna98 views

How can I better prepare myself for the future?

I am currently a rising senior and originally I thought I wanted to be a physical therapist, but I know they do not make a lot of money. I want to be in a career where I can help people and still be able to help myself.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
kale102 views

how long did/does it take to land a job in PR and marketing?

what types of tasks do you do day to day in those jobs?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Adrien86 views

Why is there difficultly finding job pathways?

Like why isn't there more extensive carrer training programs for each job

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Andrew112 views

What steps do I need to take to become a project manager by 25?

I am a third year undergraduate student studying Mechanical Engineering at Boston University. Expected Graduation Date: May 2025. I want to become a project manager one day in the engineering sector. After that, I would like to start my own business in that same industry. I am not sure which field of engineering at the moment but currently it is mechanical. What steps would I need to take make this a reality by age 25?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Siddharth137 views

I am a commerce graduate. I want to switch into science stream and pursue engineering. Should I do it? Is it a sound idea?

I am disintegration in commerce and realised that my interest lies in science and engineering. However should I pursue engineering at 23.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Habeebllahi209 views

How to excel in environmental science and graphic design?

Grade/School Level: Seventh Grade Career-related Interests: Favorite classes: Science and Art College majors: Interested in Environmental Science and Graphic Design Skills: Good at drawing, enjoys working on group projects Hobbies: Loves hiking and sketching nature scenes Career Question: I'm really interested in both Environmental Science and Graphic Design. How can I combine these interests in a future career, and what steps should I start taking now to prepare for that path?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Fahmida Jannat195 views

Kinda confused about my major ?

Kinda confused about my major Hello, I have been accepted to both electrical engineering and software engineering. Ngl, I chose electrical engineering because I am very interested in making money and starting my own business (although I am not sure if I will be able to do so in this lifetime). After going through the BLIND app, I am a little confused because their TCs have made me blind. Having $600k-700k in their early thirties is kind of crazy. I chose electrical engineering because I genuinely enjoy mathematics, and I was the highest scorer in my high school, ranking 1/2500 (worth noting that my high school is regarded as the best school in my country's curriculum), so I just wanted to let you know that I am extremely hardworking! This summer I have been grinding Python and am now working on Python data structure! Anyway, I have the option to change my major. Can anyone tell me about the current job market? Mcgill also offers co-ops in Swe, and there are tech fairs for other engineering departments. And I have heard that electrical will be the next CSE/SWE because of VLSI projects? It is turning into a $10 billion project or something. Furthermore, digital integrated circuit engineers are well compensated (as seen on Indeed). Or should I take swe as my Minor? I know I sound strange and greedy, but I want to make my own money.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jamie251 views

How to start a new career in the medical field after 40?

After 18 years in corporate marketing and a BA in psychology from 20 years ago I’d like to start a second career in the medical field. I am thinking of starting with a certificate in phlebotomy and then hopefully use tuition reimbursement to help pay for surgical tech school or another two year degree. I know I will take a huge financial set back but I don’t want to work in marketing or corporate anymore. Any advice?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Mayra341 views

How do I navigate University as a first generation student ?

How difficult is University when entering as a Freshman, I am a first gen and I feel lost on knowing just what to expect? Please be specific about needs

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Oyakhilome377 views

what does a professional resume contains and show me how to write one?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Chums324 views

Which career should I venture in the business sector?

Which career should I venture in business sector

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Thomas238 views

How can I receive employment if I applied late everywhere?

I applied late so how can I attract attention from potential employers, I already tailor my resume to each job and list relevant skills and achievements, is there anything else I can do?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Joshua326 views

I want to be a Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Actor, and Author. Is it possible to do them all?

I’ve seen many people that have done it. Like Kim K. She does so much and so well. I want to know if I can do all the things I love to do and keep a personal life and keep myself from going insane from all the work.

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
sophia230 views

How can I begin playing soccer and enhance my abilities?

Hi, I am a 15-year-old who recently started ballet classes around February. I am interested in picking up another sport, specifically soccer. Although I have never played soccer on a team or taken any classes, there are no options available for kids my age in my area. I have even considered pursuing soccer professionally and am willing to put in 100% effort and dedication, but I am unsure if this is attainable. My plan involves playing soccer and potentially taking lessons to improve my skills. By my sophomore year, I aim to make the junior varsity team, and in my junior year, I hope to advance to the varsity level and potentially join a girls academy team.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ryan201 views

Can you help me create a resume?

I am interviewing for a job at a manufacturing company and I have my CNC certification.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Cyprianna178 views

What can I do to accomplish my goal while still being in high school with hard classes?

I always wanted to be a cosmetologist or an aesthetician ever since I was young and I want to get my license in one of those careers. I have a chance of getting my Aesthetician license early, but I have a question; am I able to get like an internship or able to work early in that desire career when it's my second year of high school going on to my third if I do get this license early?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
olivia199 views

what are some jobs for history and mythology?

I'm 16 and love history and mythology and was wondering what kind of career i could go in that works specifically with history and mythology

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Leonel142 views

Why do you like the profession you are doing?

Why do you guys like the career or job or even profession you guys do?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
John195 views

How do I become a race driver?

Rally driver

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Darlene280 views

I am looking to get back into the job market as an administrative assistant. Most employers want skills using Microsoft Excel or PowerPoint. What is the best way to conquer these much needed skills? #2024.

I am an older adult going to college to achieve my dream of getting an Associates degree in Liberal Arts. After that, I plan to study psychology. My hobbies are reading and writing. I like to learn new things also.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Shaina394 views

I am looking to intern for a Business Analyst or Project Manager position?

I want to intern but am unsure if I could handle the responsibilities. I also want to job shadow, but seeing that their offices are far from my location. Job shadowing online might be difficult. What can I do?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ellie303 views

How can we quantify career success?

sometimes is is not clear how we know we have achived our full potential how can that be evaluated

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Meagan266 views

What do employers look for in interior design?

Hi! I’m almost a junior in high school and am wondering where I should start if I want a career in interior design. Do I need a college degree? An internship? A graphic design class? How can I set myself up for a well-paying job? #spring24

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Joshua202 views

How do I start on my singing career?

I need to know what steps to take right now, how to find a record company that understands me, and how to keep the record deal once I get it.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aleika178 views

What are some ways I can advance into my career as a labor and delivery nurse as a rising senior in high school?

Hi, I am a rising senior and wanting to go into nursing, specifically labor and delivery nursing. I wanted to know if there’s any certificates I can get or even online or even classes I can take to take it a step further into my career? I also am wanting to go to Baylor university to help me pursue my career, any advice? It would be much appreciated!

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Leslie123 views

How can I start learning about cosmetology as a freshman in high school?

Is there any beginner classes for cosmetology around my area I can take to get a head start to my future career path?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jayleen172 views

what skills do you find useful in the study of psychology and what are the pros and cons?

i want to study psychology but i know there are a lot of cons to it. for example there’s a lot of years in college and training. I also know that it can mess up your mental health, but what are the pros?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
jennel165 views

Is it advisable to finish getting a bachelor degree in Sonography (even though it’s not needed) or get a degree in a different field ( I want it stay on a healthcare/medicine track incase I want to go to medical school in the future) ?

Backstory: I am studying Sonography at a college for 2 years ( since getting an associate degree is all that is required for a career path in sonography). However, I want to go to a mainstream university to get my bachelor degree.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ahmad Khalid136 views

what are three questions that you would ask from a Nurse Anesthetists in interview?

some informational questions

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon