Career Questions tagged Career

A career is a personal journey that is not defined by a single role or moment in time. Every job is a part of your career, and occupation will provide...

Anthony R.’s Avatar
Anthony R. 10 hours ago 17 views

What are some good questions to ask in an informational interview for a career?

How is an informational interview different than a job interview and what must one do to prepare for an interview?

Cera L.’s Avatar
Cera L. 11 hours ago 18 views

I'm trying to see where I want to live after college, any ideas?

So, my goal is to go to college and study equine, though I'm still not sure where I'll go. I want to be a horse trainer and a riding instructor, and after college my goal is to eventually get a horse farm where I can board horses, train them, and teach riding. I just have no idea where I want...

Kamari M.’s Avatar
Kamari M. 18 hours ago 25 views

Is it Hard to Double Major in Nursing and Psychology?

Please share your experience here!

Sandi G.’s Avatar
Sandi G. Aug 12 30 views

Marine Biology Informational Interview

Hi my name is Sandi and I have another Informational Interview for Marine Biology, If anyone could take the time to answer a couple of questions. 1.)How does being a Marine Biologist affect you daily life? 2.)What's it like working with animals? 3.)What's your favorite part about being a...

Cera L.’s Avatar
Cera L. Aug 11 109 views

Is my career choice a good decision?

I'm only a freshman in high school, so I am able to change my decision, but I think this is probably what I want to do. I just wanted some more peoples' opinions about it, whether I should minor in something else as a backup plan or something. So, my plan is to major in an equine degree in...

Sadik B.’s Avatar
Sadik B. Aug 10 84 views

Need Advice...

I just turned 24 yrs old. My career choices are trading stock, drop shipping. I want to go to school for business admin what advice do you have for me in choosing a promising career path for my future?

maddie L.’s Avatar
maddie L. Aug 09 52 views

What is the career-path to become a veterinarian?

I've always wanted to be a vet, since kindergarten. I really love animals and I think being a veterinarian could be the perfect job for me. I know that it's very competitive and hard to get into. Do you have any tips? When it comes to education, I know that it takes years to become but how many...

maddie L.’s Avatar
maddie L. Aug 09 63 views

How could I even be an actress or a singer?

I know I either wanna be a fashion designer/singer/or actor, but I have stage freight. Is there any way I can get over it. I practice in front of my brother but I still get a bit nervous. I HAVE to get past it if I wanna be an actress or singer, right?

maddie L.’s Avatar
maddie L. Aug 09 100 views

What career path should I follow?

I don't have a career goal yet, I'm looking for advice. I know that I'm creative and I like being independent. But when it comes to choosing a career, there are so many that it's overwhelming. What if I choose the wrong one for me? I think I might like to be a fashion designer or a singer and...

Missy B.’s Avatar
Missy B. Aug 07 76 views

What is it like to be a licensed professional counselor (LPC) or a licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT)?

What is it like to be a licensed professional counselor (LPC)? Any advice on the career? Is it a rewarding job? Do you get burnout from hearing other people's problems?

Kai M.’s Avatar
Kai M. Aug 07 101 views

Shifting courses

Hi! I'm a freshman in college and i'm thinking about shifting courses from Bachelor of science in business administration to Bachelor of science in medical technology by the end of our first sem. Is that okay? Will i go back to first year again if i do that?

Genevieve J.’s Avatar
Genevieve J. Aug 05 112 views

Two questions on choosing a career and college/university.

I will graduate from a community college in Spring 2023 with an accounting degree. I plan on working for 2-3 years and then going back to school. I regret that I did not spend more time researching degrees, doing HS internships, or exploring different community colleges while in high school....

Ossama O.’s Avatar
Ossama O. Aug 05 75 views

Remote data internships ?

how can I find remote internships for machine learning/ data engineering roles? knowing that :
I live in Morocco.
I pursue a data engineering degree
Thanks

Dennis D.’s Avatar
Dennis D. Aug 04 65 views

Any advice for Starting an electrical apprenticeship right out of trade school?

Im currently attending trade school working on building my foundation and i would really appriciate any feedback or information on getting into the electrical field. Thanks in advance!

Tatiana W.’s Avatar
Tatiana W. Aug 03 47 views

How do you become an animator and illustrator at the same time?

So, I read a Q&A from a professional Background (BG) Artist a few days ago. The BG said "a illustration skills don’t always translate to animation." So, it made me wonder more about the differences between the two fields. They're both art-based careers, yet there's some differences I...

Tatiana W.’s Avatar
Tatiana W. Aug 03 116 views

What type of animation jobs have flexible hours + stable pay?

Hello, everyone. While I researched animation roles, I learned that some workers may work long hours/overtime, or that animators work project-to-project. The fact that some people may go through a period of no work with studios or experience high levels of burnout troubles me (as that is...

Aaliyah S.’s Avatar
Aaliyah S. Aug 03 95 views

Hello, I have three questions.

1. Are there opportunities for advancement in the company?

2. What are the main skills you need for success in this career field?

3. Typically how many patients do you see on a daily basis?

Luca Massimo S.’s Avatar
Luca Massimo S. Aug 03 66 views

How can I best find architecture photography clients when starting my business?

I've developed a nice portfolio of architecture photography throughout the last 3 years and am working on my online presentation currently. I've had my first client shootings and am looking to find more clients to get started and turn my sidehustle into my dreamjob.

max W.’s Avatar
max W. Aug 02 75 views

how to find my niche in welding ?

i want a career in welding, i've been trying to narrow down what niche area I am wanting to focus on and the one thing i come back to is rig welding, or working on heavy equipment. any suggestions for what i should look into or how one would get into those areas of welding.

Genevieve J.’s Avatar
Genevieve J. Jul 31 73 views

What can you do with an astronomy major?

My younger sister is really interested in astronomy and I'm encouraging her to major in it. However, when she asked me about career options, all that came to mind were NASA and aerospace engineering. I was wondering if there were any other careers out there and if they are in demand. Also,...

Emma ..’s Avatar
Emma .. Jul 30 120 views

I love to do stuff with my hands but I don’t know what career I want can you help me pls

I love algebra and I wanna do a job that I do stuff with my hands build an item and I wanna be in the engineering department but I don’t know what type is the best or the medical field but I don’t want it to be a lot of years of studying I don’t like sitting on a desk or using the computer...

Miracle C.’s Avatar
Miracle C. Jul 29 75 views

Q4: I’ve done a lot of career tests, and I’ve scored high in science and healthcare, but I’m not sure what career would be good for me specifically in the science field, and what I want to do?

Hi, my name is Miracle and I’m about to start college in the fall, but I’m not sure what to major in and I was hoping that having a scientist answer my questions then that might give me some insight on what to major in. I know these aren’t ideal questions, but I’ve always loved science and...

Miracle C.’s Avatar
Miracle C. Jul 29 73 views

Q3: I guess based off my words, what do you think will be a good major for me in the science field?

Miracle C.’s Avatar
Miracle C. Jul 29 81 views

Q1: I know I want to be a scientist or researcher, but I just want to help people and find cures for diseases or help people in general, by figuring out to make them walk again or anything like that, but what career would that be?

Zakir M.’s Avatar
Zakir M. Jul 28 82 views

I have a question about Nurse Anesthetists

What does a typical day look like on this job?

Zakir M.’s Avatar
Zakir M. Jul 28 67 views

I have a question about Nurse Anesthetists as a career

What are three important things I should know about this job.

Thank you.

Ashneel K.’s Avatar
Ashneel K. Jul 28 57 views

I'm interested in culinary . What are the values your company upholds that makes them employers you would want to work for?

What are the values your company upholds that makes them employers you would want to work for?

Ashneel K.’s Avatar
Ashneel K. Jul 28 93 views

what is your typical day as a chef like?

thank you!

Eshara M.’s Avatar
Eshara M. Jul 28 77 views

Volunteer opportunities in NYC - Speech Pathology

Does anyone know of any places in NYC/BRONX where I can volunteer and gain experience observing Speech Language Pathologists as a Speech student?

I’m trying to apply for grad school and is switching careers. I would love to gain experience and also add to my resume when applying for schools.

Erica O.’s Avatar
Erica O. Jul 28 144 views

What paths can a high school student take if they want to pursue a career in the medical field?

Most of my extra-curricular activities are geared towards advocacy, public health, arts and medicine. What are some tips that you can give me as I aspire to be a pediatrician?