Career Questions tagged Culinary

Brandon W.’s Avatar
Brandon W. Jun 13 44 views

What are the main challenges of owning a restaurant.

This is a question to a well established business owner for the purpose of being prepared in opening my own spot.

Dennis B.’s Avatar
Dennis B. May 03 116 views

What does it take to make Culinary arts worthwhile?

Since I was nine years old, I have been involved in the culinary arts. As a teenager, I worked in the kitchen of a few restaurants. Recently, I've wondered if Culinary Arts might be for me.

Quincy R.’s Avatar
Quincy R. May 03 172 views

What would be the first step to take if I wanted to open a food truck?

I'm looking to start a small business and I'd like to get a good understanding of what it'll take to start it up.

Dennis B.’s Avatar
Dennis B. May 03 98 views

Can Culinary Arts become a successful career?

I may have worked a Culinary job at Easterseals Academy,but it was fulfilling for a little while. My cousin works at the Popeyes near her house and she plans to use that job as a stepping stone to working in a fancy restaurant. My dream was to own a restaurant growing up,but now, i'm doubtful...

Quincy R.’s Avatar
Quincy R. May 03 120 views

For a person to fully understand their pallet, how long would it take?

For someone that's new in the culinary field what are ways to keep your pallet enhanced?

Quincy R.’s Avatar
Quincy R. May 03 150 views

How would I become a professional chef.

I'm fairly new into the culinary world, what are some things that can help me get started.

Darnell B.’s Avatar
Darnell B. Apr 19 175 views

How far will culinary take me in 10+ years ?

Culinary is a promising career, but I'm on the rocks about how long to stick with this career, even when times are moving ahead. Please leave down your own experiences below, as it will help me get a sense of what to expect.

Darnell B.’s Avatar
Darnell B. Apr 19 159 views

Can Culinary put me in other careers?

Using connections, can culinary put me onto different career pathways?

Yakov E.’s Avatar
Yakov E. Apr 14 130 views

How difficult is it to become a chef after completing school?

I am in Job Corps and I am planning on joining culinary. How difficult is it to get a job as a chef after completing school?

Yakov E.’s Avatar
Yakov E. Apr 14 126 views

How long does the culinary pathway normally take to complete at Job Corps?

I am currently in the cpp stage of Job Corps, and I want to go into culinary. How long does it take to complete both the normal and advanced training pathways?

Ernesto L.’s Avatar
Ernesto L. Apr 14 161 views

What was the first step you can take to open up a restauraunt? How long does it take to do so? Would you recommend the Culinary Institute of America as the go to school?

I'm a 17 year old going to job corps, and my dream is to become a chef/head cook. I know what I want and when I want it. It's just a matter of how i obtain it.
Please, any advice can go a long way.

Luis H.’s Avatar
Luis H. Apr 11 122 views

What was the hardest part about becoming a Chef?

Please don't be afraid to go into detail with this question, i wanna know as much as i can from actual professionals.

Nai V.’s Avatar
Nai V. Mar 29 147 views

Psychologist or a baker?

I have been thinking on my career since I finished school, about 2 years ago. I have a degree in psychology and I am currently working as a young educator and I volunteer as a chat operator, basically providing emotional support to all of our clients. I love to listen and to help out...

Saliah R.’s Avatar
Saliah R. Mar 28 114 views

What style of food do you specialize in?

Are there specific foods that you cook more than others? Do clients call you for a certain style of food?

Saliah R.’s Avatar
Saliah R. Mar 28 94 views

What helped you make your decision to become a personal chef instead of working in a restaurant?

Angel M.’s Avatar
Angel M. Mar 22 342 views

What is your must have spice for cooking?

#culinary-arts

Angel M.’s Avatar
Angel M. Mar 22 111 views

What are the basic requirements to get a job in culinary arts?

#culinary-arts

Angel M.’s Avatar
Angel M. Mar 22 84 views

What do you think is the most important hurdle I will have to overcome in culinary arts?

#culinary-arts

Gina P.’s Avatar
Gina P. Mar 08 113 views

What is your signature dish?

#culinary arts

Alyssa B.’s Avatar
Alyssa B. Feb 28 159 views

I want to shadow a Chef/Head cook, What are some things to pay attention to when shadowing a professional?

#chef #cooking #culinary #culinary-arts

Voc E.’s Avatar
Voc E. Feb 23 112 views

How do we get our focus together

#cooks and chefs
#culinary #culinary-arts #chef

Alyssa B.’s Avatar
Alyssa B. Feb 23 115 views

What would be some advice on starting my own cafe with friends and family?

In the future after I get all my culinary training and more experience I want to be able to start my own cafe. I would be an owner of the cafe and a chef in the kitchen. I want to make a cafe that has one separate kitchen for normal foods and desserts and the other kitchen where I would make...

jessica A.’s Avatar
jessica A. Jan 19 114 views

Where do I have the best chance of developing myself in the gastronomic field?

#cooking
#culinary arts #culinary-arts #chef

jessica A.’s Avatar
jessica A. Jan 19 138 views

How many pastry courses do you have to take to be a professional and how long does each course last?

#culinary art
#baker

Antonio N.’s Avatar
Antonio N. Dec 17, 2021 138 views

What are some skills you think are required to succeed in this industry? How do you develop and enhance them?

I'm quite new to the industry and want to focus on certain things to help me grow faster and really push myself to be great. What are some things you think could be good for me to focus on and really help my growth? #Culinary #Cooking #Chef

Antonio N.’s Avatar
Antonio N. Dec 17, 2021 135 views

What are some problems you've had to face in this industry and how did you overcome them?

I know of some problems you can face in this industry but I'm sure there could be a lot more I'm unaware of, so what are some things you have faced and how you overcame them? This way if I ever do face these problems someday then I'll have feedback on it and can deal with them early. #Culinary...

Antonio N.’s Avatar
Antonio N. Dec 15, 2021 157 views

What's the reason you're so passionate about this area of work and has there been any moments in your career where you've had that passion go away?

I'm someone who's passionate about cooking but I've seen many cooks and chefs lose that passion before, so I am just wondering what made you lose that passion at some point? or what do you think has kept you from losing it? This way I can avoid this from ever happening myself. #Culinary...

Deangel P.’s Avatar
Deangel P. Dec 15, 2021 256 views

what kind of internships or volunteer opportunities will help give me entrepreneur skills?

I'm interested in having my own bakery food truck
#internship #business #baking #entrepreneur #nail technician #culinary

Deangel P.’s Avatar
Deangel P. Dec 14, 2021 212 views

What positions are there in a bakery?

I'm interested in baking cakes, cookies and other tasty treats #career #pastries #professional #career-paths #culinary

Deangel P.’s Avatar
Deangel P. Dec 14, 2021 218 views

Can you tell me how you plan and prioritize your work in a baking profession ?

I'm a person that kinda jump from one thing to another and get off track and then start to forget things that need to be completed and its something i want to get better at. #job #career #baker #culinary