Career Questions tagged Study Abroad

Reese K.’s Avatar
Reese K. May 20 202 views

Would you suggest taking a year to study abroad?

I absolutely love adventuring and the outdoors. I am part of the choir program and I have been a dancer for the last 14 years. I am totally a nature and science nerd! #science...

#study-abroad

Jack W.’s Avatar
Jack W. May 15 267 views

Is it wise to apply for a local university as well as Universities abroad?

Living in BC, thinking of applying to some Ontario Universities, But was curious about whether I should apply for local Universities such as UBC. #university...

#study-abroad

Hailin G.’s Avatar
Hailin G. Apr 23 280 views

How did studying abroad shape your career?

I am currently a student at UW. I am interested in studying abroad (specifically Tsinghua University) during my junior year. Out of curiosity, what are your favorite aspects of studying abroad? How did it shape you and your career? Which part of the experience stood out to you?...

#college #economics #travel #exchange #study-abroad

Ze Y.’s Avatar
Ze Y. Mar 04 191 views

What three habits will improve your life?

#psychology Uoft Life sciences majoring in Biology and Psychology. #science #biology #doctor...

#study-abroad

Anjali P.’s Avatar
Anjali P. Feb 04 230 views

How to stay healthy while abroad?

While in the states I was able to work out for free at my University's Gym. Unfortunately, there is no free gym where I am studying abroad. Should I dish out the money for a gym? Take up running? Pay for individual yoga classes? Thoughts? #study-abroad #gym #health #college #travel #madrid...

#help

Anjali P.’s Avatar
Anjali P. Feb 04 172 views

What's the best advice for someone studying abroad?

I am studying abroad in Madrid, Spain this semester. I would love to hear anyone's advice or opinions! Specifically, some topics that have interested me are: traveling on a budget, learning Spanish/Spanish fluency, making/keeping friends abroad, and time management. #study-abroad #college...

#life #spanish #spain #travel #time #budget #college-advice

Sydney G.’s Avatar
Sydney G. Oct 23, 2019 143 views

how do you keep up grades when studying abroad when you don't speak the language

Im planning on studying abroad in japan but I don't speak the language, How would I maintain my grades if I don't know the language #study-abroad...

#foreign-languages

Yuri G.’s Avatar
Yuri G. Feb 27, 2019 171 views

How to get an internship abroad

I'm always looking for software-developer internship for student abroad but I always find the requirements too high for me, even thought I'm going at university so I should be able to satisfy them. What can you suggest me to do? #internship #study-abroad #summer-jobs...

#computer-science

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24, 2019 206 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, will I be accepted for a MS in Ecology ?

I am a US citizen living in Australia, I have been out of school for 2 1/2 years, and I would like to go back to school to earn a masters in Ecology or a related field. I would like to know if this is possible in the USA, but I want to go to school in Central Europe. Would a foreign school in...

#graduate-school #germany #europe #science #masters #austria #ecology #environmental-science #study-abroad

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24, 2019 195 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, will I be accepted for a Master's in Ecology ?

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24, 2019 208 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, can I apply for a Master's in Ecology abroad?

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24, 2019 218 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, can I apply for a Master's in Ecology?

Cori C.’s Avatar
Cori C. Oct 06, 2018 287 views

Is studying abroad beneficial?

I am applying to be a physical therapist and have always wanted to study abroad, but am not sure how that will affect a college schedule and costs #study-abroad #finance...

Muntasir M.’s Avatar
Muntasir M. Aug 31, 2018 381 views

Should I study abroad?

I really want to travel while I'm in college but I don't have very much free time therefore studying abroad seems like a good idea. However, I don't have the funds for it. Should I take out a loan? Is it worth it? #travel...

#study-abroad

Roseanna B.’s Avatar
Roseanna B. Aug 24, 2018 258 views

I am debating on studying abroad. What advise could you give me?

I am not sure if it would be the right decision for me to go....

#study-abroad

Kim Z.’s Avatar
Kim Z. Jan 22, 2018 251 views

What do you need to apply to schools outside of your country?

I want to consider going to school outside the country just to do a little exploring and I want to see new places. #livelife #study-abroad #international-student...

#college-applications

Jordan R.’s Avatar
Jordan R. Mar 08, 2018 260 views

Where is the best place to study abroad for a nursing major?

I want to study abroad at some point in college but I do not know what the best places are for a nursing major. I love all sides of the spectrum so anywhere in the world, I just don't know where the best places are for a study abroad nursing program. #study-abroad #nursing...

#medicine

Benjamin K.’s Avatar
Benjamin K. May 21, 2018 301 views

How can I make studying abroad for a semester and taking science majors work?

I really want to experience other cultures and areas while in college, but the problem is that in science based majors vocabulary can be very important. Is there anyway I can change course for a single semester abroad? #pre-med #science #study-abroad #academic-advising...

#course-selection