Career Questions tagged Forensic Science

Nick’s Avatar
Nick 2 days ago 32 views

What careers should I look into if I'm interested in chemistry especially forensic chemistry?

I've been interested in chemistry since I was a little kid because it gives me insight as to how the world really works on the molecular level. I like forensic because I get to solve challenging problems. Science and math are my best subjects at school and I enjoy tasks that require critical...

Dayanara’s Avatar
Dayanara Apr 08 160 views

What is it like working as an CSI ? What's something nice about working there?

This is something I want to study but I'm not sure if I'm able to manage to see all the crime, but I think I can handle it at the same time. What is some experience you had seeing all these crimes? Did you get used to it? What was the worst crime you've seen?

Bridgette’s Avatar
Bridgette Jan 12 191 views

How many accumulated years is it to become a licensed and board certified pathologist?

Hello! I'm trying to figure out a few different career paths to look into, but I'm starting out to see the ones I have chosen, and what is required with them, Meaning years of college, training, as an assistant, etc, and how the people who work in those jobs feel about them. I do have multiple...

Vishnu’s Avatar
Vishnu Jul 06, 2021 455 views

What about the course BSc forensic science?

#forensic #science

Hannah’s Avatar
Hannah Dec 10, 2020 491 views

What is a good second major to complete with Forensic Anthropology?

I plan on completing a BS in Anthropology, MS in Forensic Anthropology, and continuing on to complete a PhD in Anthropology at BU. What would be a good complementary second major for my undergrad degree to broaden my career choices? I would like to keep my options open in case I decide to...

Latashia’s Avatar
Latashia Sep 11, 2019 353 views

what undergraduate courses and graduate courses do i need to take to become a forensic pathologist?

I am in college trying to become a forensic pathologist, however it is unclear to what courses i need to take. I am majoring in Criminal Justice but do not know what to do next. #forensic #forensic-science #forensicpathologist

Alysia’s Avatar
Alysia Aug 16, 2018 388 views

i would like to become either a forensic scientist or a detective, where do i start?

#criminallaw #forensic-science #forensic-scientist #detective #law-enforcement

Alexandra’s Avatar
Alexandra Jun 18, 2018 848 views

What colleges offer forensic science as a major?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

Angelina’s Avatar
Angelina May 25, 2018 546 views

Is forensic science hard to pursue ?

#career #major #forensics #forensic-science #career-path

Angelina’s Avatar
Angelina May 25, 2018 614 views

Is the forensic science department very competitive?

#Forensics #science #forensic-science #chemistry #law-enforcement

Angelina’s Avatar
Angelina May 25, 2018 433 views

On your journey into the forensics field did you ever look up to anyone in particular?

#Forensics
#Science
#forensic-science #law-enforcement #chemistry #role-models

Megan’s Avatar
Megan May 16, 2018 552 views

Has anyone studies the field of forensics?

I'm debating a career in forensics, investigation. Would like details about the career and education leading up to it. #forensics #forensic-science #science #career

Giovanna’s Avatar
Giovanna Apr 20, 2018 487 views

If you study criminal justice can you become a forensic scientist?

#criminal-justice #criminal-investigations #forensic #forensic-science

Kaitlyn’s Avatar
Kaitlyn Apr 12, 2018 482 views

What would be a good school for forensics?

I'm interested in going to college for forensics. #criminal-justice #forensics #forensic-science #science #biology #chemistry

Kristen’s Avatar
Kristen Apr 09, 2018 423 views

How often do they hire new forensic scientist?

I want to know how many they hire to know if I actually might have a chance to be hired in the future.

#forensic #forensics #police #law-enforcement #science #csi #forensic-science

Lei’s Avatar
Lei Mar 20, 2018 440 views

What skills would determine whether someone should be a laboratory assistant or a crime scene analyst?

It would be good to know certain determining factors, like job requirements or daily routines, that could help pick which field to go into. #forensic #forensic-science #career

Lei’s Avatar
Lei Mar 20, 2018 480 views

What would be a typical day for a crime scene analyst?

I'm working on chemistry degree, specifically in the field of forensic science. I''m interested in the subject matter but not sure how to apply myself to it. So, I was wondering about certain career options within that field. #forensic-science #forensic-chemistry #crime-scene-investigation...

Mariela’s Avatar
Mariela Feb 06, 2018 1538 views

What's the difference between AP Calculus and AP Statistics?

I'm choosing my classes for next year and I don't know which math class to take or which one would prepare me for forensic science . #calculus #statistics #math #STEM #csi #forensic-science

Diana’s Avatar
Diana Jan 30, 2018 9897 views

What is the difference between Forensic Science and Criminology?

I really love looking into criminal's cases, deaths, abductions, etc. However, I know, or I seem to understand, that Forensic Science is a branch of either Criminology or Criminal Justice. I would appreciate if someone would help explain if I can only do one or the other or if I can work for...

Mariela’s Avatar
Mariela Jan 28, 2018 543 views

Does being a CSI mean you'll constantly be called in to work at any time of the day?

I want to be CSI but I don't want to a workaholic . Plus, I plan to have a family in the future, and I don;t want my job to interfere with the quality time I'll have with my family. #CSI #law-enforcement #police-and-law-enforcement #forensic-science

Jessica’s Avatar
Jessica Jan 20, 2018 772 views

How do I know which career path is right for me?

I am interested in medicine and going to medical school but I have a deep rooted interest in forensics and criminal justice. How do I know what choice to make? #medicine #forensics #forensic-science

Mahalet’s Avatar
Mahalet Jan 17, 2018 572 views

Is Forensic Sciences considered to be a minor?

I am aiming to study Criminal Justice as a major, but I want to include Forensic Sciences in my studies. Will Forensics be included in Criminal Justice or is it offered as a minor course? #forensic-science #criminal-justice #criminology #college-major #majors-and-minors #forensic

Trinity’s Avatar
Trinity Jan 17, 2018 2193 views

Would it be better to live in a small town or big city when it comes to forensics?

I’m not sure where I want to live in the future and want to know if I’ll be able to find a stable job anywhere I go. #forensic-science #forensics #forensic #chemistry

Trinity’s Avatar
Trinity Jan 17, 2018 601 views

What field of forensic science would be best to go into?

There are multiple different fields in forensic science jobs, such as chemistry and toxicology. I’m not sure which one I should pick and if I’ll make the right choice #forensics #chemistry #science #forensic-science

Jake’s Avatar
Jake Jan 16, 2018 509 views

What is the advancement potential in the field of Forensic Science? And what is a typical path?

I was accepted into the Forensic Science program at several schools, one being West Virginia University and would like to know what to expect after receiving my college degree. #forensic #college-major #career-choice #WestVirginiaUniversity #science #college #forensic-science

Nora’s Avatar
Nora Jan 10, 2018 466 views

What colleges would be best for a major in forensic science?

I'm a 9th grader who is very interested in criminology and forensic science. I was wondering where would be best to go to pursue careers in that pertain to these topics.
#college #forensic-science #criminology

rayven’s Avatar
rayven Sep 01, 2017 680 views

what are the best steps to take in order to become a forensic science investigator?

#forensic-pathology #forensic-investigation #forensic-science

Candace (A.K.A Kelsey)’s Avatar
Candace (A.K.A Kelsey) Sep 01, 2017 554 views

What is generally expected of a Forensic Scientist?

I've wanted to go into forensics for a while and I want to know a little more about it. #forensic-science #forensics #law-enforcement #forensic-investigation

A'kia’s Avatar
A'kia Aug 31, 2017 629 views

What makes Forensic Scientist job different from other criminal investigators?

There is always a small difference between jobs that are related and I was wondering what was the difference between the two. #forensic-science #criminal-justice

Tiffany’s Avatar
Tiffany Oct 31, 2016 1707 views

What do "Universal Studies" Consist of in a List of Majors?

I've applied to a few colleges and universities that offer Universal Studies as one of their major topics! When speaking to a professor from ECU, he told me that Universal Studies holds a group of many different topics- one of them being forensic science, which is what I want to major in....