Career Questions tagged Forensic Science

Hannah S.’s Avatar
Hannah S. Dec 10, 2020 320 views

What is a good second major to complete with Forensic Anthropology?

I plan on completing a BS in Anthropology, MS in Forensic Anthropology, and continuing on to complete a PhD in Anthropology at BU. What would be a good complementary second major for my undergrad degree to broaden my career choices? I would like to keep my options open in case I decide to...

forensic college anthropology university double-major medical-examiner forensic-science forensic-anthropology anthro-major college-advisors college-majors forensics college-advice pre-med

Latashia B.’s Avatar
Latashia B. Sep 11, 2019 255 views

what undergraduate courses and graduate courses do i need to take to become a forensic pathologist?

I am in college trying to become a forensic pathologist, however it is unclear to what courses i need to take. I am majoring in Criminal Justice but do not know what to do next. forensic forensic-science...

forensicpathologist

Kristen P.’s Avatar
Kristen P. Apr 09, 2018 351 views

How often do they hire new forensic scientist?

I want to know how many they hire to know if I actually might have a chance to be hired in the future. forensic forensics police law-enforcement science csi...

forensic-science

Jessica H.’s Avatar
Jessica H. Jan 20, 2018 621 views

How do I know which career path is right for me?

I am interested in medicine and going to medical school but I have a deep rooted interest in forensics and criminal justice. How do I know what choice to make? medicine forensics...

forensic-science

Kaitlyn D.’s Avatar
Kaitlyn D. Apr 12, 2018 400 views
Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 18, 2018 668 views

What colleges offer forensic science as a major?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! college...

chemistry biology forensic-science college-major forensics

Megan B.’s Avatar
Megan B. May 16, 2018 428 views

Has anyone studies the field of forensics?

I'm debating a career in forensics, investigation. Would like details about the career and education leading up to it. forensics forensic-science science...

career

Trinity C.’s Avatar
Trinity C. Jan 17, 2018 1858 views

Would it be better to live in a small town or big city when it comes to forensics?

I’m not sure where I want to live in the future and want to know if I’ll be able to find a stable job anywhere I go. forensic-science forensics forensic...

chemistry

Trinity C.’s Avatar
Trinity C. Jan 17, 2018 486 views

What field of forensic science would be best to go into?

There are multiple different fields in forensic science jobs, such as chemistry and toxicology. I’m not sure which one I should pick and if I’ll make the right choice forensics chemistry science...

forensic-science

Jake R.’s Avatar
Jake R. Jan 16, 2018 404 views

What is the advancement potential in the field of Forensic Science? And what is a typical path?

I was accepted into the Forensic Science program at several schools, one being West Virginia University and would like to know what to expect after receiving my college degree. forensic college-major career-choice WestVirginiaUniversity science college...

forensic-science

Candace (A.K.A Kelsey) O.’s Avatar
Candace (A.K.A Kelsey) O. Sep 01, 2017 477 views

What is generally expected of a Forensic Scientist?

I've wanted to go into forensics for a while and I want to know a little more about it. forensic-science forensics law-enforcement...

forensic-investigation

Lei T.’s Avatar
Lei T. Mar 20, 2018 391 views

What would be a typical day for a crime scene analyst?

I'm working on chemistry degree, specifically in the field of forensic science. I''m interested in the subject matter but not sure how to apply myself to it. So, I was wondering about certain career options within that field. forensic-science forensic-chemistry crime-scene-investigation...

forensic career criminal-justice

Lei T.’s Avatar
Lei T. Mar 20, 2018 356 views

What skills would determine whether someone should be a laboratory assistant or a crime scene analyst?

It would be good to know certain determining factors, like job requirements or daily routines, that could help pick which field to go into. forensic forensic-science...

career

Mariela G.’s Avatar
Mariela G. Feb 06, 2018 1037 views

What's the difference between AP Calculus and AP Statistics?

I'm choosing my classes for next year and I don't know which math class to take or which one would prepare me for forensic science . calculus statistics math STEM csi...

forensic-science

Diana S.’s Avatar
Diana S. Jan 30, 2018 8374 views

What is the difference between Forensic Science and Criminology?

I really love looking into criminal's cases, deaths, abductions, etc. However, I know, or I seem to understand, that Forensic Science is a branch of either Criminology or Criminal Justice. I would appreciate if someone would help explain if I can only do one or the other or if I can work for...

criminology forensic-science criminal-justice

Mariela G.’s Avatar
Mariela G. Jan 28, 2018 433 views

Does being a CSI mean you'll constantly be called in to work at any time of the day?

I want to be CSI but I don't want to a workaholic . Plus, I plan to have a family in the future, and I don;t want my job to interfere with the quality time I'll have with my family. CSI law-enforcement police-and-law-enforcement...

forensic-science

Mahalet A.’s Avatar
Mahalet A. Jan 17, 2018 466 views

Is Forensic Sciences considered to be a minor?

I am aiming to study Criminal Justice as a major, but I want to include Forensic Sciences in my studies. Will Forensics be included in Criminal Justice or is it offered as a minor course? forensic-science criminal-justice criminology college-major majors-and-minors...

forensic

Nora C.’s Avatar
Nora C. Jan 10, 2018 402 views

What colleges would be best for a major in forensic science?

I'm a 9th grader who is very interested in criminology and forensic science. I was wondering where would be best to go to pursue careers in that pertain to these topics. college forensic-science...

criminology

A'kia B.’s Avatar
A'kia B. Aug 31, 2017 556 views

What makes Forensic Scientist job different from other criminal investigators?

There is always a small difference between jobs that are related and I was wondering what was the difference between the two. forensic-science...

criminal-justice

Tiffany S.’s Avatar
Tiffany S. Oct 31, 2016 1387 views

What do "Universal Studies" Consist of in a List of Majors?

I've applied to a few colleges and universities that offer Universal Studies as one of their major topics! When speaking to a professor from ECU, he told me that Universal Studies holds a group of many different topics- one of them being forensic science, which is what I want to major in....

college college-major universal-studies forensic-science

Miranda R.’s Avatar
Miranda R. Oct 27, 2016 712 views

Where do forensic scientists work?

I know that many forensic scientists work in laboratories and even police stations, but who hires them? Where would I go to to apply after I graduate from college? Is it through the government? Or are there private companies that can help with private parties? science biology chemistry...

government forensic-science courts

Miranda R.’s Avatar
Miranda R. Oct 27, 2016 611 views

What does a regular work day of forensic scientists consist of?

I want to know how often I will be preforming experiments, collecting data, analyzing data, or collaborating with a team so that I know that it is the best fit for me. science biology chemistry criminology laboratory crime-scene-investigator forensic-science...

teamwork

Miranda R.’s Avatar
Miranda R. Oct 27, 2016 590 views

Are there only certain forensic scientists that are asked to go crime scenes to investigate and gather data?

I am physically disabled and I enjoy and prefer working in lab settings. I wouldn't be comfortable with going to crime scenes and having to be extra careful with my steps or worrying about how I will help gather evidence if I have to squat or be in positions that are difficult for me to get in....

chemistry science biology criminology forensic-science detective laboratory crime-scene-investigator

KC A.’s Avatar
KC A. Oct 11, 2016 699 views

Police or Doctor? How about both?

I'm taking forensic science on Tigerwoods. There's a lot going on my mind right now. Should I be a doctor or police? Is there anything such as both? I want to be a police who would risk her life on anything, investigate the crime scene, analyzing fingerprints, know how to use gun etc. at the...

police medicine forensic-science law-enforcement