Career Questions tagged Forensic Science

Latashia B.’s Avatar
Latashia B. Sep 11 20 views

what undergraduate courses and graduate courses do i need to take to become a forensic pathologist?

I am in college trying to become a forensic pathologist, however it is unclear to what courses i need to take. I am majoring in Criminal Justice but do not know what to do next. #forensic #forensic-science...

#forensicpathologist

Kristen P.’s Avatar
Kristen P. Apr 09, 2018 167 views

How often do they hire new forensic scientist?

I want to know how many they hire to know if I actually might have a chance to be hired in the future. #forensic #forensics #police #law-enforcement #science #csi...

#forensic-science

Jessica H.’s Avatar
Jessica H. Jan 20, 2018 264 views

How do I know which career path is right for me?

I am interested in medicine and going to medical school but I have a deep rooted interest in forensics and criminal justice. How do I know what choice to make? #medicine #forensics...

#forensic-science

Kaitlyn D.’s Avatar
Kaitlyn D. Apr 12, 2018 212 views

What would be a good school for forensics?

I'm interested in going to college for forensics. #criminal-justice #forensics #forensic-science #science #biology...

#chemistry

Angelina W.’s Avatar
Angelina W. May 25, 2018 197 views
Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 18, 2018 214 views

What colleges offer forensic science as a major?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#forensic-science #chemistry #college-major #biology #forensics

Angelina W.’s Avatar
Angelina W. May 25, 2018 223 views
Megan B.’s Avatar
Megan B. May 16, 2018 192 views

Has anyone studies the field of forensics?

I'm debating a career in forensics, investigation. Would like details about the career and education leading up to it. #forensics #forensic-science #science...

#career

Trinity C.’s Avatar
Trinity C. Jan 17, 2018 512 views

Would it be better to live in a small town or big city when it comes to forensics?

I’m not sure where I want to live in the future and want to know if I’ll be able to find a stable job anywhere I go. #forensic-science #forensics #forensic...

#chemistry

Trinity C.’s Avatar
Trinity C. Jan 17, 2018 232 views

What field of forensic science would be best to go into?

There are multiple different fields in forensic science jobs, such as chemistry and toxicology. I’m not sure which one I should pick and if I’ll make the right choice #forensics #chemistry #science...

#forensic-science

Jake R.’s Avatar
Jake R. Jan 16, 2018 217 views

What is the advancement potential in the field of Forensic Science? And what is a typical path?

I was accepted into the Forensic Science program at several schools, one being West Virginia University and would like to know what to expect after receiving my college degree. #forensic #college-major #career-choice #westvirginiauniversity #science #college...

#forensic-science

Candace (A.K.A Kelsey) O.’s Avatar
Candace (A.K.A Kelsey) O. Sep 01, 2017 264 views

What is generally expected of a Forensic Scientist?

I've wanted to go into forensics for a while and I want to know a little more about it. #forensic-science #forensics #law-enforcement...

#forensic-investigation

Lei T.’s Avatar
Lei T. Mar 20, 2018 201 views

What would be a typical day for a crime scene analyst?

I'm working on chemistry degree, specifically in the field of forensic science. I''m interested in the subject matter but not sure how to apply myself to it. So, I was wondering about certain career options within that field. #forensic-science #forensic-chemistry #crime-scene-investigation...

#forensic #criminal-justice #career

Lei T.’s Avatar
Lei T. Mar 20, 2018 192 views

What skills would determine whether someone should be a laboratory assistant or a crime scene analyst?

It would be good to know certain determining factors, like job requirements or daily routines, that could help pick which field to go into. #forensic #forensic-science...

#career

Mariela G.’s Avatar
Mariela G. Feb 06, 2018 439 views

What's the difference between AP Calculus and AP Statistics?

I'm choosing my classes for next year and I don't know which math class to take or which one would prepare me for forensic science . #calculus #statistics #math #stem #csi...

#forensic-science

Diana S.’s Avatar
Diana S. Jan 30, 2018 627 views

What is the difference between Forensic Science and Criminology?

I really love looking into criminal's cases, deaths, abductions, etc. However, I know, or I seem to understand, that Forensic Science is a branch of either Criminology or Criminal Justice. I would appreciate if someone would help explain if I can only do one or the other or if I can work for...

#forensic-science #criminal-justice #criminology

Mariela G.’s Avatar
Mariela G. Jan 28, 2018 241 views

Does being a CSI mean you'll constantly be called in to work at any time of the day?

I want to be CSI but I don't want to a workaholic . Plus, I plan to have a family in the future, and I don;t want my job to interfere with the quality time I'll have with my family. #csi #law-enforcement #police-and-law-enforcement...

#forensic-science

Mahalet A.’s Avatar
Mahalet A. Jan 17, 2018 235 views

Is Forensic Sciences considered to be a minor?

I am aiming to study Criminal Justice as a major, but I want to include Forensic Sciences in my studies. Will Forensics be included in Criminal Justice or is it offered as a minor course? #forensic-science #criminal-justice #criminology #college-major #majors-and-minors...

#forensic

Nora C.’s Avatar
Nora C. Jan 10, 2018 189 views

What colleges would be best for a major in forensic science?

I'm a 9th grader who is very interested in criminology and forensic science. I was wondering where would be best to go to pursue careers in that pertain to these topics. #college #forensic-science...

#criminology

A'kia B.’s Avatar
A'kia B. Aug 31, 2017 361 views

What makes Forensic Scientist job different from other criminal investigators?

There is always a small difference between jobs that are related and I was wondering what was the difference between the two. #forensic-science...

#criminal-justice

Tiffany S.’s Avatar
Tiffany S. Oct 31, 2016 795 views

What do "Universal Studies" Consist of in a List of Majors?

I've applied to a few colleges and universities that offer Universal Studies as one of their major topics! When speaking to a professor from ECU, he told me that Universal Studies holds a group of many different topics- one of them being forensic science, which is what I want to major in....

#forensic-science #universal-studies #college #college-major

Miranda R.’s Avatar
Miranda R. Oct 27, 2016 485 views

Where do forensic scientists work?

I know that many forensic scientists work in laboratories and even police stations, but who hires them? Where would I go to to apply after I graduate from college? Is it through the government? Or are there private companies that can help with private parties? #science #biology #chemistry...

#government #forensic-science #courts

Miranda R.’s Avatar
Miranda R. Oct 27, 2016 450 views

What does a regular work day of forensic scientists consist of?

I want to know how often I will be preforming experiments, collecting data, analyzing data, or collaborating with a team so that I know that it is the best fit for me. #science #biology #chemistry #criminology #laboratory #crime-scene-investigator #forensic-science...

#teamwork

Miranda R.’s Avatar
Miranda R. Oct 27, 2016 336 views

Are there only certain forensic scientists that are asked to go crime scenes to investigate and gather data?

I am physically disabled and I enjoy and prefer working in lab settings. I wouldn't be comfortable with going to crime scenes and having to be extra careful with my steps or worrying about how I will help gather evidence if I have to squat or be in positions that are difficult for me to get in....

#forensic-science #laboratory #chemistry #science #criminology #crime-scene-investigator #biology #detective

KC A.’s Avatar
KC A. Oct 11, 2016 521 views

Police or Doctor? How about both?

I'm taking forensic science on Tigerwoods. There's a lot going on my mind right now. Should I be a doctor or police? Is there anything such as both? I want to be a police who would risk her life on anything, investigate the crime scene, analyzing fingerprints, know how to use gun etc. at the...

#forensic-science #medicine #law-enforcement #police

Amanda G.’s Avatar
Amanda G. Aug 09, 2015 1216 views

What is the work schedule for a Forensic Scientist like? What's the best part of the job? What's the worst part? What commonly occurs? Do all forensic scientists appear in court at least once in their careers, or are there some that don't ever?

I'm a current college freshman majoring in Biology. I am highly interested in going into the Forensic Science profession; no specific choice of emphasis (DNA analysis, fingerprinting, etc.) I was considering changing my major to forensic science to get a more in depth education. However,...

#forensics #forensic-analysis #forensic-science #forensic-scientists