Career Questions tagged Anthropology

Jazmine S.’s Avatar
Jazmine S. 5 hours ago

The career you've chose this year seemed like the one that best fits you, but if you had a choice to pick a new career, would you change it or not?

I want to major in Anthropology, but it seems like sooner or later down my career path, I would want to become a Engineer that builds new homes or remodels homes. So it's like I'm debating on what career I would choose first. #career #college #career-choice #career-path #college-major...

#anthropology #engineering

Laniece W.’s Avatar
Laniece W. Oct 08, 2018
Mia K.’s Avatar
Mia K. Aug 21, 2018

Do I have to enter college with the major I want to have all 4 years?

I find political science and anthropology both very interesting, but I'm not sure that I want to carry these out through all four years and make it my career because I also have many other passions. #anthropology...

#politicalscience

Savannah R.’s Avatar
Savannah R. May 08, 2018

What do you have to know about becoming a forensic anthropologist?

I want to be one, but I don't know if I have what it takes. #forensics #anthropology...

#forensic-anthropology

VIL 2.’s Avatar
VIL 2. Jul 18, 2018

How can augmented reality be used for forensics? -Gracie, Lexie

I'm a young woman in middle school who's learning about augmented reality at STEM camp. I'm not sure exactly what I want to be when I grow up, but I've narrowed it down to forensic anthropologist or tattoo artist. How can anthropologists use AR to study prehistoric cultures? - Gracie What are...

#forensics #anthropology #detectives #ar #vr #verizon #augmentedreality #stem #verizoninnovativelearning #archeology

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018

Is anthropology a good major?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#anthropology #college-major #social-science #culture

Katherine P.’s Avatar
Katherine P. Jan 16, 2018

How do I decide what I want to minor in?

Going into college, I know I want to study journalism. The problem is that I want to study other things to help in my journalism career like anthropology, economics, politics and much more. Not just a few classes, I want to be able to know all of these topics inside and out. I don’t know what...

#college-minor #anthropology #academic-advising #politics #journalism #college

Melissa L.’s Avatar
Melissa L. Jan 08, 2017

Should I do a double major in Criminal Justice & Anthropology?

Hi I'm starting college in a few weeks and i' m Interested in the fields of Anthropology and Criminal Justice. I was wouldn't if it's a good Idea to do a Double major for the both of them? Lol Maybe I should reword this better? #college #criminal-justice #college-major...

#anthropology

Taylor C.’s Avatar
Taylor C. Mar 27, 2018

Where can a degree in anthropology take me?

Anthropology is a way to connect the cultures of the past and future. People warn me of majoring in anthropology because of the limited jobs available . #college-major #anthropology #cultural-anthropology...

#usfsp

Taylor C.’s Avatar
Taylor C. Mar 27, 2018

Should the amount of jobs available in a certain field help determine my major?

I was planning on majoring in anthropology because it sounds interesting to me, but there do not seem to be many available jobs in that field. #anthropology #college-major...

#decision-making

Autumn H.’s Avatar
Autumn H. Mar 23, 2018

What is the best way to start an anthropology career?

Anthropology has been a passion for me since about the 6th grade, as such, I have figured that this specific field could be tricky to start out in. The available jobs I can find or research usually tell me the best I can do is become a professor, a museum curator of some sort, or assistant of...

#cultural-anthropology #anthropology #ethnography

Léane M.’s Avatar
Léane M. Mar 19, 2018

Jobs with a humanities degree

I'm considering majoring in #humanities, but I don't think I'd be a good human resources, I'm not really sure what I'd like to do, but I'm interested in #linguistics, and maybe #anthropology , are these part of humanity? What courses are part of Humanities...

Riley L.’s Avatar
Riley L. Mar 05, 2018

How can I pursue a major and academic study that I'm passionate about and be successful?

I currently find myself to be especially interesting in areas of study such as sociology and anthropology, however I worry that majoring in either of those topics would not provide me with a successful future career. So often it seems that the only majors that lead to a successful future is...

#anthropology #college #major #sociology

Laura R.’s Avatar
Laura R. Jan 16, 2018

Which major would be better for the future, Anthropology or Psychology?

Im conflicted on which major I should pursue a bachelors degree in and for later in the future. #college #life #conflicted #psy #psychology #anthropology...

#anthro

Emma J.’s Avatar
Emma J. Jan 16, 2018

For more complex jobs such as forensic anghropology, what undergraduate courses should be taken to ensure a job opportunity in the field?

I want to become a forensic anthropologist, but do not know if I should begin undergraduate as an anthropology or pre-med major. I chose anthropology for most schools since my goal is to not be a doctor, but is that the right course? #medicine #anthropology #anthropology #undergraduate #college...

#jobs

Jason P.’s Avatar
Jason P. Jan 16, 2018

Switching careers?

I'm 42 and a little apprehensive about making a career change. I have four children and as they get older it is becoming more financially difficult at my current position. I have read that #anthropology is a good field to go into, but not if someone is interested in making money. As old as I...

Samuel P.’s Avatar
Samuel P. Jan 16, 2018

Why is anthropology important for us, and why should be apply it to society?

I am asking this question because there are many individuals who might misunderstand the term of anthropology. #anthropology...

#culture

Grace C.’s Avatar
Grace C. Jan 12, 2018

what does a normal day of work look like as an Anthropologist?

I’m in 9th grade, and I’ve always loved the concept of Anthropology, but was never really sure what the actual career looked like. #anthropologist #anthropology #human...

#culture

Jada  S.’s Avatar
Jada S. Aug 31, 2017

What's an authentic major for a forensic anthropologist to take?

I don't know much about being a anthropologist, but bones fascinate me because they evolve from small to big and that's cool. #bones #anthropology...

#forensic

Kyrsten M.’s Avatar
Kyrsten M. Sep 01, 2017

Would going study Veterinary Medicine be a better option or study Anthropology?

I'm having a hard time deciding which path to choose for myself. I've always had my plans set, so not knowing which career field I wanna go to is sort of stressful. #veterinary-medicine #anthropology #veterinary #animal-health...

#anthropologist

Hannah D.’s Avatar
Hannah D. Sep 01, 2017

Is it common for Anthropology majors to do international travel for their work?

I would love to travel for my career and I think anthropology would fit me well. #travel #anthropology #international-affairs...

#business

Aliza H.’s Avatar
Aliza H. Oct 10, 2014

What types of careers are available for people who want to major in Anthropology?

I'm interested in the topics that the major of Anthropology such as cultural diversity and global cultures, but I'm unsure about what types of majors are available this this career path. #anthropology #cultural-studies #cultural-anthropology...

#undecided

Joshua C.’s Avatar
Joshua C. Jun 21, 2016

Is it a good idea to go to a tech school to learn handy skills after graduating from your academic course?

I go to Montclair state, and I am learning things that are based on thinking and answering questions, but this does not override the importance of handy skills like a bit of carpentry or mechanics. Both types of understandings are important, and I have been contemplating on taking such courses...

#anthropology #personal-development #professor #entrepreneurship #non-profit #professional

Paajcha Julie X.’s Avatar
Paajcha Julie X. Apr 06, 2017

What are some possible occupations that involve cultural preservation?

I recently graduated with a degree in Sociology/Anthropology (that's one major) and currently live in Japan. Living in Japan has given me many opportunities to visit sites of cultural and historical importance. I've always been fascinated by the history of each place and have thought of...

#culture #anthropology #history #sociology #world

Diljot S.’s Avatar
Diljot S. Feb 21, 2017

What is a highschool level Anthropology course about?

I am thinking about taking anthropology, psychology, and sociology courses. #sociology #anthropology...

#course-selection

Hollie C.’s Avatar
Hollie C. Aug 09, 2016

what is the career of a cultural anthropologist looks like?

I would like to know what it's like to work as a socio-cultural anthropologist other than teaching at school. #career #anthropology...

#anthropologist

Hollie C.’s Avatar
Hollie C. Jul 27, 2016

What are some career options for a recent college graduate with an anthropology degree?

After studying cultural anthropology in college for interest, it is time to face the reality - to find a job with such broad subject. I am desperate to look for jobs relating to my major, but have no clues in how I can do that. It would be great if I can get some advice on that. Thanks!...

#anthropology #job-search #career-counseling #hiring #culture

Hollie C.’s Avatar
Hollie C. Jul 24, 2016

what is a good place to start looking for jobs related to NGOs (non-government organizations) or Non-Profit Organizations?

I am about to graduate obtaining a B.A with an anthropology major. I wonder what is an effective way for a fresh graduate like me without much experience to look for jobs in the NGOs market. I am also an bilingual international student. #career #career-counseling #career-paths #social-work...

#college-student #anthropology #academic-advising #ngos