Career Questions tagged Decision Making

Benjamin B.’s Avatar
Benjamin B. May 15, 2018

Should I physically go to college for the experience or simply go for the degree with online courses?

Online college courses are more flexible. They allow me to work towards my degree from anywhere, and I can work them around my schedule. I can also save time and money by earning a degree through online courses. However, part of what I look forward to in college is the social life and...

#decision-making #college #online-college

Amiya G.’s Avatar
Amiya G. Jan 17, 2018

How do you know if your making the best decision possible for yourself?

I often find myself thinking what would have happened if I had picked another decision in my life which questioned if it was the best decision to make. #decision-making...

#personal-development

Taylor C.’s Avatar
Taylor C. Mar 27, 2018

Should the amount of jobs available in a certain field help determine my major?

I was planning on majoring in anthropology because it sounds interesting to me, but there do not seem to be many available jobs in that field. #anthropology #college-major...

#decision-making

Mariya P.’s Avatar
Mariya P. Jan 17, 2018

How do you know the difference between risk taking and making rash decisions when choosing a college?

When looking at my college options, I understand that I have big dreams. I want to be a successful political journalist who attends a serious and respectable school. Looking back, I don't want to regret not pursuing oppurtunities and not taking risks. However, now I am in a cross road. Do I...

#decision-making #risk-taking #university #professional #college #future #dreams

Cole  W.’s Avatar
Cole W. Sep 01, 2017

How do I know if I should transfer schools?

Im wanting to transfer to NYU, but how much will I gain if I transfer? How much does my undergrad really matter? #decision-making #academic-advising #college-transfer...

#college-advice

Wai Chuen C.’s Avatar
Wai Chuen C. Sep 01, 2017

Decide my major?

I am a junior student at U of I. My current major is civil engineering. However, i am interested in Programming lately, and lost my passion to engineering since the course started to focusing on memorizing content. Therefore, if i want to change my major, is it too late to do it? Or should i...

#civil-engineering #college-major #decision-making #programming

Esmeralda M.’s Avatar
Esmeralda M. Sep 01, 2017

Should I dual major?

I am a social work major and I am indecisive if I should dual major with health management. I want to have a back up plan in case if things don't go as planned in the real world but I don't know if taking more classes to complete the H.M major in the following semesters is a good idea....

#socialwork #decision-making #college-major #classes #dualmajor #college #backup #healthmanagement #health

Riki C.’s Avatar
Riki C. Oct 28, 2016

How do you know if becoming an engineer is the right career field? What signs give assurance?

I am truly in love with math and science. Both of these topics come natural to me and I would like to pursue a career that uses both of these areas. I feel that engineering encompasses these two things, but I am unsure if it is right for me. My mom is an electrical engineer for both Consumers...

#decision-making #undecided #college-bound #engineering #college #stem-education #signs

Eduardo H.’s Avatar
Eduardo H. Oct 29, 2016

What has your career done to help change your life for good? For the worse?

This is what I believe is crucial when choosing a career. Doing a job that pays a lot that you hate might not be as good as doing a job you love with lesser pay, and the way your career affects your life is a huge element to your overall drive and mindset. #career-choice #career-path...

#decision-making #interactions #public-relations #observational #experience #emotional

Yuki L.’s Avatar
Yuki L. Oct 24, 2016

If you're stuck between two career paths, how do you go about deciding on one of them?

I'm thinking about going into graphic design versus becoming a Pre-Med student. I love Biology, but I'm terrible at math and think I would do way better in an artsier career where I could let my right brain thoughts flow freely. My parents would definitely push me to go the Pre-Med path, even...

#decision-making #college-major #pre-med #career-counseling #career-choice #college #graphic-design #career-path

Maxene W.’s Avatar
Maxene W. Oct 21, 2016

Which major would be more beneficial: Biomedical Engineering or Music Technology?

I love the STEM field and music, but I'm having a hard time choosing which major would be more beneficial in the long run. As well, after graduating from college, I would like to go into a career that I would enjoy, and not just do for the money. #science #college-major #technology #music...

#decision-making

Brieanna C.’s Avatar
Brieanna C. Feb 25, 2015

How do I decide whether I should go to college out of state or in state?

I have been switching back and forth between going to college in state at UMKC or out of state in Texas, but it's pretty far from Kansas City and I won't know anyone there. I don't know which college in Texas to attend either. I've also been thinking about going to college in Atlanta, Georgia....

#decision-making #college

Michaela B.’s Avatar
Michaela B. Feb 25, 2015

How do I prevent the temptation to go out every night while in college?

I know that college parties are a main factor in why students get kicked out. #college #decision-making...

#parties

Sage K.’s Avatar
Sage K. Apr 23, 2014

Should I do art as a career or just as a hobby?

I'm a sophomore in high school and I am very interested in art. However, I also really enjoy other subjects like math and science. I wanted to know what the pros and cons would be of going to an art college and majoring in art. Also, what would be the pros and cons of focusing on something in...

#majors #decision-making #college-major #art #artist

Daniel Z.’s Avatar
Daniel Z. Mar 05, 2014

Does applying for Early Decision or Early Action help your chances?

I am a Junior in high school hoping to apply for colleges really soon. I know about early decision and early action but, what I do not know is does it help you get into colleges. Will the schools consider you more then others because you decided to apply early then normal? #college...

#decision-making #early-decision #early-action #college-applications

RS P.’s Avatar
RS P. Mar 04, 2014

Would you choose this career if you could make the decision again?

My objective is to get into the medical field and I want to know if someone could change their career what would they choose. #career #career-choice #career-path #decision-making...

#changing-careers