How do I decide whether I should go to college out of state or in state?

3

I have been switching back and forth between going to college in state at UMKC or out of state in Texas, but it's pretty far from Kansas City and I won't know anyone there. I don't know which college in Texas to attend either. I've also been thinking about going to college in Atlanta, Georgia. I'm open to any suggestions. #college #decision-making

3

Ashley’s Answer

2

Hi Brieanna,
Well, the first thing I'd say is that typically there is quite a difference in cost associated between in-state tuition and out-of-state or private tuition, so that may be a limiting factor. Second, focus more on the strength of the majors you think you might be interested at each of the schools. If you don't have a clue, I'd pick the college that has more name recognition and is ranked higher, or that has a wide variety of majors so that you can figure it out later and not have to transfer schools. Don't let the fact you don't know anyone there hold you back--one of the great things about college is that you will make lots of new friends as everyone is in the same boat.

Thank you very much for your feedback. :) Brieanna C. Translate
You're welcome! Ashley Savageau Translate
2