How do I know if I should transfer schools?

2

Im wanting to transfer to NYU, but how much will I gain if I transfer? How much does my undergrad really matter? #decision-making #academic-advising #college-transfer #college-advice

Well, you can only really know if you should is in doing research on your new school of choice and deciding on whether you would be better there than at your current location. Have you looked to see if your courses transfer in the way that you believe that they should? Sometimes, courses that worked towards your major at one university become electives upon transfer, setting you back farther than you would like and requiring you take more classes. Your undergraduate degree is very important, however, how much you are willing to go through and the extra work you may have to go through should be things to consider (as well as your happiness) when deciding on transferring or not. Hope that helps! Ashley H. Translate
2

Chelsea’s Answer

0
My sister was considering transferring from Pepperdine Law School to UCLA Law School after her first year. The main reason why she stayed at Pepperdine despite transferring to the acclaimed UCLA was due to finances. She would have been more in debt if she transferred to UCLA. If finances are a concern for you I would take this into account. Obtaining a degree is of great importance, however if you are heavily in debt you may struggle financially in the future.

Additionally, I know people who went to various schools that are all working at PwC, which shows that if you have the skills, and determination you can achieve your goals regardless of the school you attend. Hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck!
0