61
Asked 712 views

If you could change anything about your high school outcome, what would it be and why?

Lots of people often regret certain decisions after high school, so what do you wish you could change?

61

1

Laura’s Answer

Listen to your heart and stay true to yourself. Don't let others convince you to choose a path simply because you excel in a certain area.
1
1

Chujun (Joyce)’s Answer

First, ask yourself what your current objective is.
Next, embrace who you are and remember that the past is behind you, regardless of the outcome.
Starting now, establish well-defined goals and take small, manageable steps (baby steps) to advance toward your aspirations.
Remind yourself, "I am one-of-a-kind, I am exceptional!"
1
0

Ryan’s Answer

If I had the chance to go back, I would likely have participated more in various aspects of my community. This would have helped me discover my interests and what I wanted to do after finishing high school. I would have tried not to be content with how things were and actively put in the effort to put myself in a position to have better opportunities. When it came to applying for colleges, I didn't have many achievements to showcase. I was also unsure about my preferred major, so I let the opinions of my parents and friends guide my choices. However, it's essential to make these decisions independently, as you're the one who will live with the results in the future.
0
0

Joseph’s Answer

I would stay in touch with more people - friends, teachers, mentors, counselors. Basically, people who played a significant role in my life throughout the HS journey should have a place in your network.
0
0

Alisa’s Answer

I was so focused on doing well in school and preparing for college that I didn't spend time enjoying high school. I look back now and wish I had attended more events, spent more time with friends, and lived in the moment. You have the rest of your life to grow up and gain more responsibility, but you can't relive being a kid. I would tell my younger self that you can still do well in school while having fun and enjoying life.
0
0

Ana’s Answer

I would have focused on being more present and I would have started to focus on my well-being more.
0
0

Justin’s Answer

I believe I wouldn't alter a great deal about the outcome of my actions in high school, except for being more sociable and less self-aware. Honestly, I'd adopt the same mindset in college, too. The sooner you realize that people don't care as much about your self-perception, the simpler it becomes to embrace new experiences. I was my toughest critic, and I'd like to remind myself not to be excessively harsh on myself. It's alright if I make mistakes, since that's an integral part of life.
0
0

This is a great question. I find it important to not look back at what at events that you would want to change. It is really important to look at events that you have been through as an opportunity to learn from. You will find along your journey there are all kinds of things that you may look back and think you would have liked to change what happen. I would challenge you to find what lesson you can learn from that situation and apply to your path moving forward.
0
0

Leila’s Answer

Enjoy the time you are in! Dont worry too much about being an adult- that will come. Enjoy the freedom to learn, grow and socialize full time. It is such a special time and you dont need to rush it!
0
0

Kishan’s Answer

If I could make a couple of changes, I'd try to apply for more scholarships and perhaps read a bit more, getting more involved in it. Other than that, I'm quite pleased with the choices I've made up to this point.
0
0

Erika’s Answer

Hello Audrey!

Terrific inquiry! I would have concentrated more on my personal growth and steered clear of unimportant distractions. I would have seized the opportunity to enroll in highly sought-after programming and development classes, and applied for numerous internships. Remember to be kind to myself.
0
0

Oscar’s Answer

Savor the present moment, as I often found myself in high school eagerly anticipating adulthood and the liberties it would bring. Reflecting upon it, high school represents one of the final stages in life with minimal obligations and responsibilities. So, make the most of this time and embrace every opportunity for enjoyment.
0
0

Kavita’s Answer

Trust me, this life doesn't come back, so apart from focusing on studies, take out extra time to socialize with people, build your network, do extra- curricular activities.
0
0

Eileen’s Answer

- Seek out a mentor who can offer valuable guidance for your college journey.
- Prepare in advance by creating a list of possible interests and exploring them through research.
- After discovering your future passion, dig deeper into the steps needed to achieve it, such as earning a college degree or completing training on other platforms. Look into any necessary qualifications or requirements.
0
0

Thereze’s Answer

I would focus on developing friendships and connections with others. Often times, it is hard to make new friends as an adult after high school, so take the time to cherish the people you meet to last a lifetime.
0
0

Eric’s Answer

This isn't a regret but a lesson learned: devote time to self-reflection and examination to know yourself more deeply, and then make decisions based on your passions and priorities. It's simple to unknowingly focus on blending in or maintaining the status quo, but life becomes much more rewarding when you can genuinely be yourself.
0
0

Bayo’s Answer

Excellent inquiry. Becoming more engaged in various pursuits to discover my unique path is something I would alter. Nobody ought to be limited to a specific field. Follow your heart and pursue your passions, and you'll be on the right track.
0
0