Career Questions tagged College Prep

Jenna K.’s Avatar
Jenna K. May 13, 2018 221 views

What requirements are needed for a Public Relations Specialist?

I am a sophomore, but I have already decided that I want to focus on Public Relations / Communications. What requirements are needed in high school or college classes for someone interested in Public Relations? #communications #public-relations #college-prep #career-path...

#requirements

Brian G.’s Avatar
Brian G. Jan 17, 2018 217 views

Those attending colleges what can you recommend High school Students?

What are some things a college student or professor, would recommend a high school student to do, or accomplish, before they graduate? #high-school #college #college-admission...

#college-prep

Haddy J.’s Avatar
Haddy J. Jan 16, 2018 191 views
Julia P.’s Avatar
Julia P. Jan 16, 2018 149 views

If I take a Gap Year before college, is it better to apply & accept to a college but delay my start date?

If I take a Gap Year, I've heard that I can still apply to college and accept but tell them I'm going to delay my start once I'm accepted. Is this the best way to go. #gap-year #college #college-prep...

#college-admissions

Julia P.’s Avatar
Julia P. Jan 16, 2018 223 views

Is taking a Gap Year a good idea?

I hear pros and cons to taking a Gap Year. I'm not 100% sure on which major I want to take in college and thought it best to give myself time to find out what I like. #gap-year #college #college-prep #college-major...

#life-transitions

Tayler G.’s Avatar
Tayler G. Jan 16, 2018 249 views

Should I get a laptop for college?

I know alot of students in college uses the computer for taking notes by putting it on vioce type. Which is really smart but the computer I have is really slow on take notes like that. So should I get a new one or should I keep the one I have? #college #computers #laptops...

#college-prep

Edward C.’s Avatar
Edward C. Jan 14, 2018 238 views

What obstacles may I foresee being a non-traditional student and what advice could be given?

I am entering as a non-traditional student and I want to know how should I prepare for college and what advice I should have. #college-advice #college...

#college-prep

Montrell J.’s Avatar
Montrell J. Jan 13, 2018 263 views

How can an incoming college student best prepare for transitioning from high school to college?

With college less than a year and a half away, I'm beginning to realize that I need to do everything I can to make the transition smooth, but the problem is I don't know where to start. #college #life-transitions...

#college-prep

Sarah P.’s Avatar
Sarah P. Jan 13, 2018 210 views

What do I need to do in order to get an A in college?

I'm starting college next semester and want to be prepared. #college-prep #college...

#preparing-for-college

Jazmin L.’s Avatar
Jazmin L. Jan 24, 2018 182 views

What can I do in high school to prepare for a career in wildlife biology?

I want to pursue a career in wildlife biology or conservation biology. At my school, there are extensive programs to prepare students for a career in the medical services, and engineering. There's classes for theatre and visual arts, as well as other performing arts programs, however there does...

#wildlife-conservation #wildlife-biology #career-opportunity-and-preparation #conservation-biology #college-prep

Elyza S.’s Avatar
Elyza S. Sep 01, 2017 389 views

What are the chances of winning a scholarship contest?

I've been applying for scholarship after scholarship. I'm fine with writing essays. I just don't want all of my effort to go unnoticed. It's a little stressful. #nailbiting #scholarships #financial-planning...

#college-prep

Karen P.’s Avatar
Karen P. Sep 02, 2017 375 views

How do you find a college that is best fit for you?

I am going into my senior year of high school and need to start preparing for college applications. There are several universities that I have been drawn to, but after doing a ton of research, I could not seem to find a university that offers the whole package. I plan to go into the field of...

#gpa #college-selection #occupational-therapy #university #college-prep #east-coast #college

Uriah G.’s Avatar
Uriah G. Sep 01, 2017 363 views

Can I Get Some Info About Education Beyond A Bachelor's?

I really want to be a nurse or PA in a specialized field (Hematology), but I can't find a lot of helpful information from Google when I'm looking at education that goes beyond a Bahelor's degree. I need more information, preferably from a Hematologist or Hematology nurse, caseworker, etc....

#college-advice #physicianassistant #physician-assistant #physicians-assistant #college-prep #students-interested-in-career-as-physician-assistants #pa #hematologist #healthcare #hematology #nursing #advice #nurse

Micah M.’s Avatar
Micah M. Sep 01, 2017 317 views

What ways are there to improve the chance of receiving a scholarship to pay for school?

One of my tops schools has a high priced tuition. The most likely way I would be able to go to that school is if I earn one of their scholarships such as their Presidential Scholarship. It requires an essay and then a half an hour interview in January so I was wondering if there was any way I...

#college-advice #college-bound #interviews #scholarships #college-prep #college #college-interviews #college-admissions

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Feb 13, 2017 369 views

How should I prepare for grad school?

I am going into my senior year as an undergrad and am wondering how I should start preparing for grad school? What are the best ways to prepare for grad school? Should I start applying at the start of my senior year? Or should I wait until I am closer to graduation? Should I hold off on...

#college-applications #career-path #graduate-school #college-prep

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Dec 17, 2016 415 views

What are really good online prep websites and prep books that will really raise my score on the SAT?

I know that in order to get into a really good university for undergrad and graduate schooling a great score on the SAT is the best way to do that. However while everyone says that you should always aim high on the SAT and study A LOT they never say which study tools are best utilized to get a...

#studying-tips #college-prep #sat

Amy Z.’s Avatar
Amy Z. Jul 29, 2016 473 views

Pediatrics, economics/finance, or law?

I get the opportunity to shadow and delve deeper into one field of choice and I am equally interested in these three options. Which occupation would be most interesting or give me the most learning experience? #finance #law #lawyer #pediatrics #economics...

#college-prep

Amy Z.’s Avatar
Amy Z. Jul 29, 2016 426 views

How important are SAT subject tests in college admissions decisions?

I haven't prepared for these as much as I did for the actual SAT and ACT. #college-admissions #college-bound...

#college-prep

Whitney M.’s Avatar
Whitney M. May 25, 2016 416 views

What are some of the most important things that should be known going into college?

In a couple of months i will be starting college as a new freshmen. This whole process has been very nerve wracking and i just want to make sure that i am completely prepared. So any advice that anyone has will be greatly appreciated. #college #college-prep...

#giving-advice

Hailey B.’s Avatar
Hailey B. May 24, 2016 491 views

How difficult is it to transition from community college to a four year university?

I am currently enrolled in community college. After I complete my Associates in Art there then I want to continue on to an undecided four year university. Will it be easy to transition since I will have an associates degree? Just how different are universities from community colleges, besides...

#college-transfer #college-prep #community-college

Tom R.’s Avatar
Tom R. May 23, 2016 378 views

What is the best way for me to get accepted into a very selective school, e.g. Stanford or Cal Berkeley, which is known for its success in computer science?

I am going into my junior year of high school and hoping to major in Computer Science in college. It has always been a dream of mine to go to Stanford or another, similarly selective school that has had success in its computer science department. I first got interested in computer science a few...

#college-advice #computer-science #college-prep

Alicia L.’s Avatar
Alicia L. May 21, 2016 407 views

If you are an aspiring medical student, should you be preparing for what you're going to learn as early as high school? Is there any way to become more familiar with these type of feilds while being at such an early stage of education?

I am currently a Sophmore in High School, and I have heard a lot about how stressful medical school can be, so I was wondering if becoming more familiar now with the material that I would be studying in medical school would make it any easier in the long run, or if there was any other way of...

#medical-school #college #college-prep

sierra S.’s Avatar
sierra S. May 10, 2016 491 views

How easy is it to get the courses you want at the times that are convenient for you?

Also as medical student, I know that the college program I want to go into fills up quickly, what can I do to increase my chance of getting the classes? #college...

#college-prep