Career Questions tagged College Bound

Are you on your way to college and have a question? Read below, and you may find your answer.

Elaxus C.’s Avatar
Elaxus C. Sep 04 66 views
Ayden D.’s Avatar
Ayden D. Jul 29 75 views

Computer Science Online Learning vs College degree

Since COVID is having an effect on campus learning I was wondering if computer science degrees are absolutely needed or will companies consider self taught or online learning the same when hiring? #career #career-development #college-bound...

#july20

Mia B.’s Avatar
Mia B. Apr 14 209 views

As a non-religious person, should I exclude religiously affiliated colleges and universities from my college search?

Just a quick disclaimer: I do not mean to offend anyone in this post!! I respect your freedom of religion!! So, I do not follow any organized religion. I do not believe in a God or creationism, and I am not spiritual. I guess I can be categorized as a "nihilist." With that being said, I...

#college-advice #college-selection #college-bound #college #religion

James N.’s Avatar
James N. Mar 21 159 views

Would a college education be necessary to work in wildland firefighting?

I have been accepted into Stephen F. Austin University but I'm not sure if I need to spend thousands of dollars on education. #college #college-advice #college-bound #education #firefighting #wildland-firefighting #hot-shot...

#school

Raquel D.’s Avatar
Raquel D. Sep 19, 2019 159 views

How do deal with living in a dorm

Theres a 25% chance ill have to study out of town, how do i get a dorm #college #studying-tips #college-bound...

#help

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. May 26, 2019 277 views

Do you really need to take high school classes in preparation to college?

Do you need to take relevant high school classes to your major in college, or will college teach you everything you need to know? #college #student #college-major #high-school #time-management #college-bound #major #engineering #physics #chemistry #biology #calculus #science #technology...

#math

andre A.’s Avatar
andre A. Apr 29, 2019 153 views
Christina N.’s Avatar
Christina N. Apr 17, 2019 155 views

Do you have to go to college to be amazing and educated to be something great?

Going to college is a good idea for some people....

#college-bound

Erin C.’s Avatar
Erin C. Mar 30, 2019 154 views
Tracey N.’s Avatar
Tracey N. Nov 30, 2018 309 views

Have you ever attended college, if so which one?

Basically answer if you have at anytime attended any college and just mention the name of the facility of the school . #college #student...

#college-bound

Joyce C.’s Avatar
Joyce C. Oct 30, 2018 319 views

How long are dorm accommodations guaranteed?

I was thinking of living on campus but I'm not sure if the expenses are much different from living on and off campus. #college #college-advice #college-bound #financial-aid...

#education

hannah R.’s Avatar
hannah R. Oct 24, 2018 249 views
Samantha B.’s Avatar
Samantha B. Oct 16, 2018 224 views

Is Online College harder than IRL College?

I have been taking online college class for a few years now. However, I start at SFA in the fall of 2019. Will IRL classes be a lot harder? #college-advice #college...

#college-bound

Payton B.’s Avatar
Payton B. Oct 08, 2018 327 views

Is it better to go to a in-state college or an out-of-state college?

I'm wondering if it would be better to stay closer to home or to take a risk and go out of state? #instate #college #outofstate #college-advice #student...

#college-bound

Robert M.’s Avatar
Robert M. Sep 18, 2018 224 views

How well does studying abroad improve my chances for getting hired straight out of college?

Will studying abroad end being a waste of time and only for an "ok" experience, or will it boost my morale of my major and help me acquire skills for field of work. Will it also enhance my chances of landing a higher paying job fresh out of college? #career #college-bound...

#help

Gabriela M.’s Avatar
Gabriela M. Sep 08, 2018 326 views

Is living on campus better than living off campus?

I want to go to NYU but I'm not sure where to stay. I'd like to live off campus in an apartment with a roommate but, considering how expensive it is to live in NYC, I'm not sure that would be a good idea. Would it better to live on campus in a dorm or off campus in an apartment? #college...

#college-advice #college-bound

Megan H.’s Avatar
Megan H. Sep 04, 2018 254 views

What is a good college to go to?

What college are better to fit my comfort? Is there any close colleges? What college helps the best? Is it within my range of learning? #college-advice #college-selection #college-bound #student...

sabrina V.’s Avatar
sabrina V. Aug 31, 2018 239 views

Is earning a PhD worth the time?

Besides the eventual money payoff, it the investment in all that time and work for school for all those years worth it? #phd #medicine #education #graduate-school...

#college-bound

Audrey C.’s Avatar
Audrey C. Aug 26, 2018 222 views

How do you choose between a large public university vs. a liberal arts college?

I know there are benefits to both, and I’d like to get some input. Thanks! #college-bound...