Career Questions tagged College Jobs

Diamond M.’s Avatar
Diamond M. Aug 29, 2018 134 views
Aubrey B.’s Avatar
Aubrey B. Aug 22, 2018 168 views

College is costly. What are some tips and tricks that will help me stick to a budget? What jobs work best for college students?

I want to double major, so finding time to work more than a part time job will be very difficult. What are some simple ways for me to make and save money? #college-jobs #job-search #help...

#working

Kelli C.’s Avatar
Kelli C. Aug 22, 2018 195 views

Is it advised to get a job freshman year?

I am just transitioning to college and despite the workload, I am also worried if I should get a job the first year. Is it advised to just get a job on campus or is off campus a good idea? \ #jobs #first-job...

#college-jobs

Ralia C.’s Avatar
Ralia C. Jun 26, 2016 645 views

What is like at Texas Tech University?

I think I want to go there for college, but I am a little hesitant and would want some personal opinions. #college-bound #colleges #college-jobs...

#texas

Allison A.’s Avatar
Allison A. Aug 14, 2018 169 views

How should I prepare myself for my job search as I go into my senior year of college?

I am a Sociology, Political Science, and International Studies major, and I love communicating with others in the community. #job-search #college-jobs #job...

#career-choice

Maritza V.’s Avatar
Maritza V. Aug 06, 2018 168 views

How does one find a job and a place to live after graduating college?

I am still unsure how one finds a job and a place to live after college. Where do I obtain these types of connections that will help me in either situations? #first-job #college-jobs #job-search...

#homesearch

Hannah W.’s Avatar
Hannah W. Jul 26, 2018 181 views
Caitlin P.’s Avatar
Caitlin P. May 17, 2018 236 views
Luke G.’s Avatar
Luke G. Apr 24, 2018 226 views

What is the value of collegiate clubs?

Is there any added value that employers place on students who participated in clubs in college? If so, how important was it?...

#college-jobs

Jason Y.’s Avatar
Jason Y. Apr 23, 2018 203 views

How important is it to get a job or internship going into college as a freshman?

I want to decide what my priorities are in college. A job is a good source of money and may even be beneficial towards one's future career. On the contrary however, it may hinder my studies if I am too immersed in my job/internship. #college-jobs...

#college-bound

Michelle S.’s Avatar
Michelle S. Jan 17, 2018 228 views

How can I pursue a dream in acting ?

I am currently a 12 grader and recently I discovered that I am very interested in an acting career but I don't really know how to start my way up to become an actor can any of you give any suggestions on how I should start? #acting #school #college-jobs #career #performing-arts #theater...

#theatre

Lainey G.’s Avatar
Lainey G. Jan 16, 2018 241 views

What is the job demand for a speech pathology degree?

If I obtain a degree in speech-language-pathology, what are the job demands for this field of study? #speech-language-pathology #college-jobs #speech-pathology...

#psychology

Adrian W.’s Avatar
Adrian W. Apr 19, 2018 252 views

What is the best way to pay for college without a credit-worthy cosigner?

I am a sophomore in college, and I am just curious on the best way to pay for college. I am a theatre major, and I don't have a cosigner who has good enough credit. I am really looking for advice on scholarships/grants/etc.. Anything helps! #college #college-major #college-jobs...

#work-life-balance #first-generation-college-students #musical-theatre #scholarships #student-loans #student #professional-development #theatre #loans #film

Adrian W.’s Avatar
Adrian W. Apr 19, 2018 238 views

Is it better to take a gap year after graduating college?

I am a sophomore in college, and I am just curious on the best way to saving money after graduation. This would be to prepare for the student loan burden. Would it be better to move back home and work a minimum wage job, or try and find a job in a big city that pays more? #college...

#work-life-balance #musical-theatre #college-major #college-jobs #professional-development #theatre #film

Samuel G.’s Avatar
Samuel G. Apr 11, 2018 214 views

why do many college graduates find it difficult to find a job after graduation?

Why is it tough to some college students to find jobs after college graduation...

#college-jobs

Sylvie S.’s Avatar
Sylvie S. Mar 27, 2018 232 views

How can I work while in college, and maintain good grades?

I'm worried that if I get a job in college my grades will start to drop. I want a job, but I don't know what I should do. #college #college-jobs...

#time-management

Chelsie M.’s Avatar
Chelsie M. Mar 16, 2018 213 views

What is the best way to gain experience in the biology field while earning a degree?

As I’ve looked for jobs and opportunities to gain experience and help me as I pursue a career in the biology field, I have found that almost any job that is related to my field requires years of experience in the field. How do you overcome this barrier so you gain the experience necessary to...

#science #biology #college-jobs

Leah M.’s Avatar
Leah M. Mar 08, 2018 255 views

What should I study in College?

There are so many things I have an interest in. Art, History, Writing Books, Gaming, Technology, Rocks, Science and more. How does one find out what is best? #whattostudy #college-major #college-advice...

#college-jobs

sophia S.’s Avatar
sophia S. Mar 06, 2018 252 views

jobs freshmen year of college?

I am wondering what people think about getting job in your freshmen year of college ?...

#college-jobs

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Feb 20, 2018 299 views

Part-time jobs besides food service or retail?

I'm a college sophomore, psychology major, looking to have a more productive summer than last year (I volunteered once a week with the public library.) An internship or summer research program is my preference, but if not, I may need to resort to part-time work. I enjoyed my time at the library...

#psychology #part-time #college-jobs #summer-jobs #jobs

Melvin S.’s Avatar
Melvin S. Feb 18, 2018 451 views

When should I apply for a job when graduation is close?

As a mechanical engineering student, or just a student in general, whose going to graduate a year from now, I'd like to know, when is the best time to apply for jobs? Before graduation? #college-job ##college #college-jobs #after-college #after-college #after-graduation #after #careers #career...

#mechanical-engineering #mechanical-engineer

Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Feb 17, 2018 290 views

What are the best jobs for college students looking to pay for tuition?

I'm asking because college is expensive and I'm wondering if there are any jobs out there that are perfect for busy full-time students besides work study. Preferably anything online. Personal experience is super helpful. I appreciate the guidance. #college-jobs #college #college-advice...

#work-life-balance #career #college-major #higher-education #online-job #job-coaching #jobs #work #college-bound #working-from-home #job-search

Clara W.’s Avatar
Clara W. Jan 16, 2018 298 views

Other than tuition, is college expensive?

I have literally $7 to my name right now. I’m going to college soon and I’m panicking about money. Any tips? #college-jobs #financial-planning #financial-aid #money-management...

#college-advice

Brenton O.’s Avatar
Brenton O. Jan 22, 2018 208 views

What is an easy job to have in college?

As I prepare to graduate high school and go into college, I know I'm going to be taking on lots of debt and course work. I would just like to know of any fairly easy jobs to take in college that would help me pay a little debt off, but also let me have room to study. Especially like to know if...

#college-jobs

Moises M.’s Avatar
Moises M. Jan 20, 2018 284 views

What are some easy jobs to have during college?

I'm not the richest man or the most well connected man, but I do intend to pursue a higher education so I want some guidance as to what I can do to earn money that wont take too much time out of my education. #college-jobs #money...

#money-management

Sabrina K.’s Avatar
Sabrina K. Jan 20, 2018 361 views

What is it like to teach English at the high school and college level?

My goal is to become an English teacher. I was planning on pursuing high school but someone suggested college. Since I haven't been to college yet I don't know what teachers are like there. Hearing about different experiences from teaching different levels would help me decide which I would...

#women-in-higher-ed #english #college-jobs #education #higher-education