Career Questions tagged Data Science

Ethan A.’s Avatar
Ethan A. Mar 25 190 views

With COVID-19 happening, how can I get a job in the following fields: data, analytics, or business?

I am a college freshman who has experience in all three of these fields through internships, research positions, and other leadership opportunities. I'm wondering how the virus will effect me being able to get a job/internship in the future? #covid-19 #data-science #analytics #data-analytics...

#business

Joshua K.’s Avatar
Joshua K. Mar 23 127 views

what are some approaches you can take to find a decent job in the midst of this unprecedented event?

I am currently looking for a data analyst and data scientist internship position for this upcoming summer 2020, possibly in the West LA area. I wanted to know how I can improve my chances of getting an internship/job #covid-19 #internship #data-analysis...

#data-science

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 03 246 views

What Would a Typical Day of a Machine Learning Engineer Consist of, and How Does it Compare to Other Engineering Fields?

After looking at most of my choices, I believe that my interests lie in software engineering, hardware engineering, mechanical engineering, and machine learning engineer. I've always been told that a role as a machine learning is quite complex, and can often be handled by very few individuals...

#data-science #technology #engineering #computer-science #career-advice

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 01 209 views

How Should I Start Learning about Machine Learning at the Age of 15?

I don't want to be jumping all over the place, but this is just to keep in the side of my mind as I refine my web development skills and learn the general tools that a full-stack engineer utilizes. At 15, how do you recommend I begin to take interest in machine learning? I've always found it...

#data-science #computer #technology #engineering #computer-science

Guanlong F.’s Avatar
Guanlong F. Apr 01, 2019 216 views

What is the job market for entry-level data scientist right now?

I am looking for a data science job, but it looks like there are less entry level postings than senior level postings. #data-science #computer-science #job-search...

#job-market

J F.’s Avatar
J F. Mar 05, 2019 213 views

Is a MS/MCS degree necessary to work in machine learning engineering

I've seen that quite a few #machine-learning job listings prefer or require graduate degrees. How important is it to get a graduate degree if I want to work in this field? Also, does the professional Master of Computer Science (MCS) degree give me as much of a competitive advantage as MS in...

#data-science #computer-science #tech

Guanlong F.’s Avatar
Guanlong F. Feb 28, 2019 212 views

How to become a successful Data scientist?

How to become a successful Data scientist? #tech #data-science...

#career

Pratik G.’s Avatar
Pratik G. Feb 27, 2019 235 views

How should I build my Data Science Portfolio to find a job?

I have a Bachelor's Degree in CS, 4 years of work experience and currently pursuing MS, Business Analytics from The University of Texas at Dallas. I want to build a strong portfolio for Data Science Jobs. I am seeking a mentor to help me work on some good projects or provide guidance....

#machine-learning #data-science #job #data-analytics

Dagmawit D.’s Avatar
Dagmawit D. Mar 31, 2018 839 views

How will the field of education be affected by data science?

I am asking this because I am interested in becoming an instructional designer. #education #data-science...

#analytics

Albert P.’s Avatar
Albert P. Mar 26, 2018 435 views

What is the difference between data science and machine learning?

I've been looking into data science careers, and I know that it is closely related with machine learning and big data. I'm confused as to what the difference between data science and machine learning is, and also how big data plays in a part in both fields. What exactly is data science and...

#data #big-data #data-analysis #data-visualization #computer-science #data-science #data-mining #machine-learning #computer-software

Albert P.’s Avatar
Albert P. Mar 26, 2018 562 views

What are the best data science courses/nanodegrees I can take online?

I'm currently a third year computer science major, and I've recently discovered a passion for data science and machine learning. I've been trying to learn more about it, and I've found many online resources (Udacity's data analyst, machine learning nano degrees, Stanford's Intro to Machine...

#data #machine-learning #big-data #data-visualization #computer-science #data-science #data-mining #data-analysis #computer-software

Albert P.’s Avatar
Albert P. Jan 23, 2018 530 views

How do I get started in the field of data science/big data/machine learning?

I'm a third year computer science major, and I've been trying to learn more about data science/big data/machine learning. There aren't any classes offered at the college that I'm attending that cover these topics, and I'm a little lost as to how I would get started in any of these fields. What...

#big-data #data-analysis #analytics #engineering #data-science #computer-engineering #machine-learning #computer-software #software-engineering

Mihai G.’s Avatar
Mihai G. Feb 25, 2017 610 views

What are some skills needed to get into Data Science or Statistical Analysis

There is not substantial information out there for free on what it takes to start studying Statistical Analysis. Looking for what books to read that give a thorough understanding of the basics or a outline of the whole process. #finance #programming #data-science #data-analysis #data-mining...

#personal-development

Amit L.’s Avatar
Amit L. Mar 13, 2017 1199 views

Should I double major in CS and Physics or CS and Math

My dream occupation is to work as a Data Scientist. I'm soon going to be completing my first semester as a physics student, as part of an incredibly prestigious physics program. We get to run an experiment at CERN in our third year! Thing is, I'm not really interested in working as a...

#physics #college #higher-education #computer-science #data-science #college-major #software-engineering #mathematics

Caitlyn V.’s Avatar
Caitlyn V. Oct 31, 2016 471 views

I'm considering a career in biomedical engineering but I have heard a little bit about biomathmatics. Is it possible to integrate biomathmatics into a BME career?

I've always been good at math and science. I participated in Moody's Math Challenge last year and really enjoyed the experience. Math comes easy to me. I enjoy adding science into the equation as well as science fascinates me but I find it more challenging, therefore I want to find a career...

#data-science #mathematics #bioinformatics #bioengineering

Anik B.’s Avatar
Anik B. Oct 28, 2016 610 views

Will the push for STEM education threaten the future of the arts and humanities?

Creative arts and entertainment, will it be taken over by STEM? #computer-science #computer-software #computer #money #artist #software-development #fine-art...

#data-science

Jordan  B.’s Avatar
Jordan B. Oct 20, 2016 387 views

Is it possible for a student to become a doctor or research scientists and not have to participate in surgeries?

I am not confident that I will be mentally prepared for surgery, but I have always desired to become a doctor. I wonder if this is even possible if I I do not favor surgery? #doctor...

#data-science

Mathew J.’s Avatar
Mathew J. Sep 15, 2016 772 views

How to start preparing towards a career in data science ?

I'm looking forward to starting a career in data science and I'm doing my master's right now. So, any information regarding this will be helpful for me. #data-science #databases #python #data-analysis #big-data...

#hadoop

Shankar I.’s Avatar
Shankar I. May 04, 2016 691 views

If I study pure science in my graduate and under-graduate course, what are my career options?

In India currently research has taken a back seat. I am interested in pure science. I am good in Physics, chemistry and Mathematics. #research #scientist #science-phd #life-sciences...

#data-science

Samantha D.’s Avatar
Samantha D. Mar 31, 2014 2394 views

If I am interested in biology, living environment, and science research what are some good careers for me?

I am interested in science as well as writing and want to know what careers are good for me. #biology #research #oncology...

#data-science

Flora C.’s Avatar
Flora C. Mar 24, 2014 1084 views

What do data scientists do?

What kind of companies do data scientists work for? How can I become one? #data-science #data-analysis...

#big-data