Career Questions tagged Data Science

Gourav’s Avatar
Gourav Sep 03 73 views

What exactly do data scientists and data analysts do?

I'm trying to explore these fields and looking for universities in the US that offer these programs

Destinee’s Avatar
Destinee Sep 01 139 views

Trying to change careers

I have a degree in Neuroscience and a job history in the medical field (mostly administrative). I am really trying to shift gears into data analytics, but even entry-level positions require some experience. I have taken courses to build technical skills however most employers don't understand...

isys’s Avatar
isys Mar 08 268 views

Is data science an interesting field?

#data-science
#major
#interest

Abigail’s Avatar
Abigail Mar 02 209 views

As a new graduate (bachelor's in physics), can I apply for internships as a way to get my foot in the door?

I'm trying to find research (possibly contracting) positions in physics, laser science, data science, or imaging science. Looking at indeed, the only entry level positions I find are for new PhDs. Could internships be a good route to getting a foot in the door for full time positions?...

Jessica’s Avatar
Jessica Oct 07, 2021 274 views

What does an average day look like for a data scientist?

Hi! My name is Jessica. I would like to get a sense of the daily routine of a data scientist to see if this is what I want to do in the future. Thank you! #data-science

Fakaiha’s Avatar
Fakaiha Oct 03, 2021 406 views

How should I independently prepare for a future degree and career in computer science while still in high school?

I'm currently a junior in high school, doing IB. Most of my IB subjects are irrelevant to CS (English, French, chemistry, biology, philosophy, psychology) except for math. In math, I am learning algebra, functions, geometry and trigonometry, probability and statistics, and calculus. So aside...

Jessica’s Avatar
Jessica Sep 17, 2021 1338 views

What are some extracurricular activities if I want to be a data scientist?

I’m a senior and I was wondering what I should be doing or consider doing in high school or outside of school so that it would get me ready for data science. What are some resources that can help? #data-science

Manisha’s Avatar
Manisha Aug 26, 2021 486 views

Which program is better: IT's CBIT +VNR's CSE, or Integrated CSE Data Science at VIT

which of these programs are better? #computer-science #science #computers #data-science #CSE

afraz’s Avatar
afraz Apr 15, 2021 806 views

what is the work of data scientist

#groups #scientist #scientists #forensic-scientists #data-science #actuary

Abigail’s Avatar
Abigail Mar 12, 2021 716 views

What does a technical interview entail?

I've made it past the first round of interviews for a research lab I'm interested in, and the next step is for a PI to reach out to schedule a technical interview. I have no idea what a technical interview is, or how to prepare! I'm a physics student and would be working in acoustics or...

Ethan’s Avatar
Ethan Mar 25, 2020 673 views

With COVID-19 happening, how can I get a job in the following fields: data, analytics, or business?

I am a college freshman who has experience in all three of these fields through internships, research positions, and other leadership opportunities. I'm wondering how the virus will effect me being able to get a job/internship in the future? #COVID-19 #data-science #analytics #data-analytics...

Joshua’s Avatar
Joshua Mar 23, 2020 424 views

what are some approaches you can take to find a decent job in the midst of this unprecedented event?

I am currently looking for a data analyst and data scientist internship position for this upcoming summer 2020, possibly in the West LA area. I wanted to know how I can improve my chances of getting an internship/job

#COVID-19 #internship #data-analysis #data-science

Aun’s Avatar
Aun Mar 03, 2020 519 views

What Would a Typical Day of a Machine Learning Engineer Consist of, and How Does it Compare to Other Engineering Fields?

After looking at most of my choices, I believe that my interests lie in software engineering, hardware engineering, mechanical engineering, and machine learning engineer. I've always been told that a role as a machine learning is quite complex, and can often be handled by very few individuals...

Aun’s Avatar
Aun Mar 01, 2020 507 views

How Should I Start Learning about Machine Learning at the Age of 15?

I don't want to be jumping all over the place, but this is just to keep in the side of my mind as I refine my web development skills and learn the general tools that a full-stack engineer utilizes. At 15, how do you recommend I begin to take interest in machine learning? I've always found it...

Guanlong’s Avatar
Guanlong Apr 01, 2019 470 views

What is the job market for entry-level data scientist right now?

I am looking for a data science job, but it looks like there are less entry level postings than senior level postings. #data-science #computer-science #job-search #job-market

Nitesh’s Avatar
Nitesh Mar 07, 2019 438 views

How do i get an internship in data science / Software engineering in India ?

#internship #computer-science #data-science #tech

Tuyet’s Avatar
Tuyet Mar 06, 2019 777 views

Can I become data scientist without studying at university?

#technology #data-science #tech

J’s Avatar
J Mar 05, 2019 491 views

Is a MS/MCS degree necessary to work in machine learning engineering

I've seen that quite a few #machine-learning job listings prefer or require graduate degrees. How important is it to get a graduate degree if I want to work in this field? Also, does the professional Master of Computer Science (MCS) degree give me as much of a competitive advantage as MS in...

Pranav’s Avatar
Pranav Mar 04, 2019 575 views

How do I land a tech internship with no experience?

#internship #technology #computer-science #job #programming #tech #data-science #machine-learning #AI

Guanlong’s Avatar
Guanlong Feb 28, 2019 706 views

How to become a successful Data scientist?

How to become a successful Data scientist? #tech #data-science #career

Pratik’s Avatar
Pratik Feb 27, 2019 529 views

How should I build my Data Science Portfolio to find a job?

I have a Bachelor's Degree in CS, 4 years of work experience and currently pursuing MS, Business Analytics from The University of Texas at Dallas. I want to build a strong portfolio for Data Science Jobs. I am seeking a mentor to help me work on some good projects or provide guidance....

Dagmawit’s Avatar
Dagmawit Mar 31, 2018 1402 views

How will the field of education be affected by data science?

I am asking this because I am interested in becoming an instructional designer. #education #data-science #analytics

Albert’s Avatar
Albert Mar 26, 2018 877 views

What is the difference between data science and machine learning?

I've been looking into data science careers, and I know that it is closely related with machine learning and big data. I'm confused as to what the difference between data science and machine learning is, and also how big data plays in a part in both fields. What exactly is data science and...

Albert’s Avatar
Albert Mar 26, 2018 990 views

What are the best data science courses/nanodegrees I can take online?

I'm currently a third year computer science major, and I've recently discovered a passion for data science and machine learning. I've been trying to learn more about it, and I've found many online resources (Udacity's data analyst, machine learning nano degrees, Stanford's Intro to Machine...

Albert’s Avatar
Albert Jan 23, 2018 915 views

How do I get started in the field of data science/big data/machine learning?

I'm a third year computer science major, and I've been trying to learn more about data science/big data/machine learning. There aren't any classes offered at the college that I'm attending that cover these topics, and I'm a little lost as to how I would get started in any of these fields. What...

Amit’s Avatar
Amit Mar 13, 2017 2056 views

Should I double major in CS and Physics or CS and Math

My dream occupation is to work as a Data Scientist. I'm soon going to be completing my first semester as a physics student, as part of an incredibly prestigious physics program. We get to run an experiment at CERN in our third year! Thing is, I'm not really interested in working as a...

Mihai’s Avatar
Mihai Feb 25, 2017 1623 views

What are some skills needed to get into Data Science or Statistical Analysis

There is not substantial information out there for free on what it takes to start studying Statistical Analysis. Looking for what books to read that give a thorough understanding of the basics or a outline of the whole process. #finance #programming #data-science #data-analysis #data-mining...

Caitlyn’s Avatar
Caitlyn Oct 31, 2016 665 views

I'm considering a career in biomedical engineering but I have heard a little bit about biomathmatics. Is it possible to integrate biomathmatics into a BME career?

I've always been good at math and science. I participated in Moody's Math Challenge last year and really enjoyed the experience. Math comes easy to me. I enjoy adding science into the equation as well as science fascinates me but I find it more challenging, therefore I want to find a career...

Anik’s Avatar
Anik Oct 28, 2016 963 views

Will the push for STEM education threaten the future of the arts and humanities?

Creative arts and entertainment, will it be taken over by STEM? #computer-science #computer-software #computer #money #artist #software-development #fine-art #data-science

Jordan ’s Avatar
Jordan Oct 20, 2016 576 views

Is it possible for a student to become a doctor or research scientists and not have to participate in surgeries?

I am not confident that I will be mentally prepared for surgery, but I have always desired to become a doctor. I wonder if this is even possible if I I do not favor surgery? #doctor #data-science