Career Questions tagged Major

Each college will have a list of different majors to choose from. The college major will determine the requirements needed to graduate with a degree. For more information, please read...

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Sep 17 52 views

Why programming with python 3 so hard?

I'm finally taking a scripting class, and I realize programming is not for me. it's funny how I was passionate to learn about it, now I realize that it is really hard. I really want to understand it, but using the required website for my class called "ZyBooks", It's not helping me...

#technology #programming #general #major #classes #college #informationtechnology #python3 #coding #school #python #scripting #career #professor #it

Macarena G.’s Avatar
Macarena G. Aug 28 39 views

Is international relationships a good major?

I am neither in the scientific side nor the humanities side, i'm just in between. Still, I really enjoy writing, history and politics. Is this major right for me? #major...

#choosing-a-major

Alyssa D.’s Avatar
Alyssa D. Aug 27 57 views

What exactly is the classical studies and humanities major?

I’ve been exploring different majors at my college and I came across the Classical Studies and Humanities major. What exactly does the major entail, and what are the career aspects for this major? #major #classicalstudies #humanities...

Dilara S.’s Avatar
Dilara S. Jul 30 151 views

What's a career field that incorporates physics and computer science?

I'm a rising senior in high school and I am interested in physics, calculus, and computer science. I don't know what I want to do in college but I do want to double major. What are some careers that incorporate this? Is it a good idea to double major in physics and computer science? Or is there...

#career-counseling #computerscience #careers #major #july20 #majors #math #choosing-a-major #college #career #physics #july #career-choice #career-plan

Emilia S.’s Avatar
Emilia S. Jul 19 110 views

What's a good major for hopeful human resource managers?

I am transferring to a four-year school with an associate's degree in liberal arts and I think I want to be a human resources manager? I don't know what the best major would be that would give me the skills and experience to do that. #july20 #major #humanresources...

#business

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Jul 29 161 views

Why is it hard to build my network and find a mentor in my field of study?

I am an IT major. I tried my best to build my network and find a mentor, but it's really hard. Maybe, I am not doing it the right way. I need help....building my network, finding a mentor.....almost EVERYTHING. Technology might be in demand, but it's really hard to find a job without...

#july20 #technology #mentor #major #help #building #networking #college #network

Benjamin V.’s Avatar
Benjamin V. Jul 29 97 views

I'm interested in becoming a surgeon, but I'm feeling a little intimidated by the intense hours required of surgical fellows. Is it possible to balance work life with a family life in this setting?

I am approaching my senior year of high school. I am planning to #major in #biology and continue on to get my MD. I am considering the possibility of becoming a #surgeon, but I want to have a better understanding of the #work-life balance of #surgical #fellows. #doctor #surgery #pediatrics...

#neurosurgeon

Kennedie B.’s Avatar
Kennedie B. Jul 26 62 views

Major Advice

I have attended two years of college( I go to MSUM), but right now I'm taking some time off to figure out the right major. I'd like to be in a field that focuses on helping others, but don't really want to be a nurse. I enjoy science, and learning about the brain, and find myself drawn to...

#major

Ted Y.’s Avatar
Ted Y. Jul 23 67 views

I'm thinking that I want to study something more technical in university (next fall), but I don't know how to choose a more specific topic

Whenever I mention this, people sort of assume I'm looking for a pure hard science like just chemistry or just math or they assume Engineering, which I know is a very broad topic. How do I narrow it down to a more specific field? Has anyone had this problem and had a good method for finding out...

#undecided #major #university

K K.’s Avatar
K K. Jul 23 104 views

Are criminal justice classes similar to criminology?

I am interested in becoming a criminal intelligence analyst and currently, I am a sociology major. My university does not offer criminology as a major and so there are not many classes related to the subject. However, there are criminal justice classes. Would taking criminal justice classes be...

#july20 #criminology #career #major #crime-analysis #university

Joy Z.’s Avatar
Joy Z. Jul 18 123 views

what are some potential jobs you could do if you study in biology in college?

I am studying biology in college, but I do not know how does this major helps me in future career. I understand that my future job might have nothing related to what I study in college. Asides from being a researcher working in labs, what other jobs this major would lead to? People also said...

#july20 #major #biology #business #job #biology-major #career #research

Brittany S.’s Avatar
Brittany S. Jul 18 81 views

How do I choose a psychology graduate track?

I'm a rising college junior majoring in psychology and minoring in criminal justice. When I was researching graduate schools, I found there are many tracks in the psychology graduate programs that I'm interested in. How do I narrow down a single track? #psychology #graduateschool #college...

#july20 #mentor #major #tracks #colleges #program #ms #student #degree #professor #programs

Ethan B.’s Avatar
Ethan B. Jul 17 84 views

Where are some tips on how to fast track my IT career?

I am very goal oriented and look forward to starting my first job. What are some tips to keep me on the up and up for promotions are better opportunities as an IT major? #major #job #july20...

#first-job

Kaitlin F.’s Avatar
Kaitlin F. Jul 14 72 views

What job opportunities are there with a Biblical Studies major besides working in a church?

I'm interested in a Biblical Studies major and am wondering what types of careers I can consider with it? I would love to work in a church but want to keep my options open! #major #college-major #ministry #biblical-studies...

#theology

Mohammad A.’s Avatar
Mohammad A. Jul 06 167 views

how do I know if studying major( x )suits me or not

Hi I'm in my last school year and I want to find a major that fits my standards and requirements. I'm a good problem solver, Gets bored easily, Love helping others, Not really a hard worker to be honest except if it was in a field I love, Free time is one of my priorities. #career #major...

#college-major #university #college

Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Jun 28 202 views

I'm a 3rd year in college and I dont know if I should I keep my major, switch it, or become Undeclared for now?

I am a 3rd year in college recently I have upgraded my major from pre-psychology to psychology. The thing is that I'm not sure if I want to stick with Psychology , because I really don't know what I want to do anymore and am not sure if this is the right major for me anymore. Some majors I'm...

#psychology #major #biology #business #university #college #research #college-major #undeclared

Charlize M.’s Avatar
Charlize M. Jun 24 148 views

What are some job prospects for a Neuroscience major?

I'm entering college in the fall and planning to major in Neuroscience on a pre-med track. Just in case I don't pursue going to medical school, I was wondering if there are any job prospects for this major, like a back-up plan? In all honesty, I'm fearful that I might pursue the wrong major...

#technology #major #premed #neuroscience #medicalschool #college #medical #stem #healthcare #medicine #college-major

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. Jun 19 106 views
Jennifer S.’s Avatar
Jennifer S. Jun 19 121 views

what are the differences between landscape architecture and just architecture?

I'm stuck on deciding which major I should choose next year for uni, what are the main differences between the two majors? which open to more opportunities? and which is overall the better major? thank you in advance. #architecture #architect #college-major...

#major

Aniya W.’s Avatar
Aniya W. Jun 13 217 views
Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Jun 10 160 views

Should English be my minor or 2nd major?

I have committed to my college as a psychology major. I am looking at a career in either (or both, if possible) research psychology or editing and publishing. Do you think I can land a job in editing when English is only my minor? Is it worth the extra effort to double major? How do minors...

#english #college-major #englishliterature #major

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 26 397 views

Is it worth it to minor in something you find interest in?

I am doing a Math-Computer Science degree at UCSD. I know most of my courses will consist of difficult math and CS courses but I find engineering very interesting as well. I wanted to minor in engineering for my own personal interest so I could learn more about it. And if I really enjoy it,...

#major #college-major #math #minor #computer-science #engineering #college

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 22 242 views

Are joint majors beneficial or is it better to have a singular major and a minor?

To people who have/had joint majors: Did you fell less competitive when applying for jobs or internships against people who have a single major? What is your joint major and how has it helped you career wise? For employers/recruiters (if applicable): Do you prefer people with joint majors or...

#major #math #internship #minor #engineering #career #research #joint-major #college-major