Career Questions tagged Major

Each college will have a list of different majors to choose from. The college major will determine the requirements needed to graduate with a degree. For more information, please read...

Maddi P.’s Avatar
Maddi P. Feb 26 25 views

What are the best colleges for forensic pathology, and what should I major in once I get there?

I'm currently a Sophomore and want to go into forensic pathology, but I'm not sure where I should be looking to apply to. I know I need to be looking for colleges with good medical fields, but there's so many different choices that it gets overwhelming. I should probably mention that I'm queer...

#medicalexaminer #college-majors #forensicpathology #college #major #majors

Kristina G.’s Avatar
Kristina G. Feb 25 27 views

What career paths can you take when majoring in psychology?

Hi, i'm a sophomore in high-school and am thinking about majoring in psychology in college! What can I do with a major in psychology? What are the pros and cons to majoring in psychology? #psychology #major...

#choosing-a-major

lily L.’s Avatar
lily L. Feb 25 27 views

when majoring in business, what are some things that I need to focus on in that major?

business is one of the subjects I want to major, but I don't know what to focus on for that major #major...

#business

lily L.’s Avatar
lily L. Feb 25 16 views

What are some colleges that is good for anyone who wants to major in psychology?

I am a sophomore in high-school that wants to major in psychology, but I don't know what college to go to for that major. #major...

#psychology

Kateryna S.’s Avatar
Kateryna S. Feb 25 33 views
john O.’s Avatar
john O. Feb 24 14 views

What major should I pick in college to get a job in Government or Finance?

I've always been interested in the economy both on a personal and a larger level in terms of Government. I hold myself to high standards and I wanted to know the paths of those who are in the places I wanna be. #economy #major...

#government

Katarina P.’s Avatar
Katarina P. Feb 24 24 views

How was the application and college process?

I´m a junior in high school and I´m still trying to figure out what I want to do in college and what colleges to go to. #high-school #job...

#major

Briana C.’s Avatar
Briana C. Feb 24 35 views

What major should I pick in college?

I'm currently a Junior in high school trying to plan what I want to do after I graduate. #college #major...

#career

Giovonni R.’s Avatar
Giovonni R. Feb 23 29 views
Antonio B.’s Avatar
Antonio B. Feb 22 24 views

How long do I have to go to school if I want to major in Sports mangement & recreation

I'm a star football player at wendell phillips and I want to, even if I get injured I can still have something to fall back on and it's something to do with my liking. #college...

#major

Raina J.’s Avatar
Raina J. Jan 29 69 views

What majors should I do?

I've been wanting to become a pediatrician, so I was wondering for some majors to major in. #pediatrician...

#major

Alexus R.’s Avatar
Alexus R. Jan 14 83 views

When did you find out Food Science was the right career for you?

My name is Alexus and I am a food science major because I can’t see myself majoring in anything else besides it. What I lack is experience in food science and I feel that I am a visual and hands on learner, so I would love to get as much experience as possible, the only dilemma is that we’re in...

#career #major #food-science

Emely L.’s Avatar
Emely L. Jan 14 96 views

What major would be a good pair to architecture major?

I’m in my second year of college. I am taking architecture major but I am concerned that it would be difficult for me to find a job in the future. Architecture consumes a lot of time, but I could manage to spend 2-3 years more if it will help my resume, and find a better job. Considering...

#career #jobs #business #doublemajor #major #architecture #college

grace B.’s Avatar
grace B. Dec 17, 2020 334 views

I'm a marketing major in my 3rd year - but I loved my accounting class! How do I know which to major in?

I am currently a third year student in marketing. I switched to marketing at the beginning of my third year, so the business classes were knew to me. I will be graduating late. I took accounting 1 this fall and I absolutely loved it - which is weird for me to say. I didn't know anything about...

#marketing #accounting #career #jobs #business #advice #major #advisor #majors #college

Mary J.’s Avatar
Mary J. Dec 16, 2020 210 views

What advice do you have for someone like me? What steps should I take for a better future?

Hi, my name is Mary J, and I am a freshman at Florida State College at Jacksonville. I am in the process of completing my Associate's Degree before attempting a four-year degree. Being the first college student in my family and coming from a different country. I have found it difficult to...

#career #advice #major #school

Lainey W.’s Avatar
Lainey W. Dec 12, 2020 170 views

What colleges have the best marketing programs? US or International

I'm not sure what branch of marketing I will go into but I'm thinking about digital, social media, and/or content marketing. I also love the idea of becoming an entrepreneur, but I'm not sure if that should play a role in my college decisions. #general #social-media #college #university #major...

#highschool #entrepreneurship #tips #business #majors #entrepreneur #minor

faeze A.’s Avatar
faeze A. Dec 12, 2020 130 views

Hi, I wanted to know what branch to study for a Master of Psychology that is good and has a job in Canada

I have a bachelor's degree in psychology and I am 23 years old #jobs #psychology...

#major

Diana D.’s Avatar
Diana D. Dec 04, 2020 163 views

what should i do? i hate my major, i dont want to be a teacher

Im 22 years old girl and im in my third year of Preschool Education (it takes 5 years) , im gonna be a teacher and i hate t i dont know why did i choose that major, i hate to see myself in the mirror, and i hate to think in my future because im gonna become the person i always fear i fear to...

#lost #college #major #school

Laniya W.’s Avatar
Laniya W. Nov 30, 2020 96 views

What are some occupations for an International Business major Economics minor? Is this a degree a waste?

I chose International Business and Economics because I am interested in business and politics and wanted degree that could be useful in both, but the more I look for jobs in business, the less value I see in my choice. I am still a freshman so I have time to change it. #business...

#major #economics #givingiscaring #collegestudent #internationalbusiness #minor

Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. Nov 18, 2020 123 views

What is it like to be a politics or government major?

I am looking at being some type of lawyer. This is often the most related major a lot of colleges have. I’m curious to know the kinds of classes and assignments people with this major typically have. #givingiscaring #college #university #major #government #lawyer #college-major...

#choosing-a-major

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 16, 2020 72 views

What is it like to change your major? In which year did you make the change?

Office Hours #2: SDSU College Student Panel This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was college life. If...

#college-applications #major #college #major-change

Mireya J.’s Avatar
Mireya J. Oct 27, 2020 81 views

In pre-med what should I major in?

I'm thinking of being a neonatal nurse. I don't know which major to pick in college....

#major

taylor M.’s Avatar
taylor M. Oct 19, 2020 79 views
Aniya W.’s Avatar
Aniya W. Oct 15, 2020 254 views

Would is be smart for me to double major in finance and information systems, and get a master's in finance? If, so what career opportunities will I have?

I'm a senior, and by the time I graduate high school, I will have an AA degree. I'm thinking of a career in fintech, but I'm not sure. I do want to study finance, and I'm interested in technology. #major #college #high-school #career #finance #informationsystems #technology #doublemajor...

#masters

Jane S.’s Avatar
Jane S. Oct 08, 2020 328 views

Is electrical engineering right for me?

Hello! I'm a high school senior applying for college, and I know I want to do engineering but I'm still a bit unsure about what type to apply for. I was considering Electrical Engineering because the classes sound interesting and I've read up on a couple topics independently because of that,...

#tech #ee #college-majors #high-school #major #technology #electrical #college #engineering #electrical-engineering