Career Questions tagged Major

Each college will have a list of different majors to choose from. The college major will determine the requirements needed to graduate with a degree. For more information, please read...

Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. Nov 18 42 views

What is it like to be a politics or government major?

I am looking at being some type of lawyer. This is often the most related major a lot of colleges have. I’m curious to know the kinds of classes and assignments people with this major typically have. #givingiscaring #college #university #major #government #lawyer #college-major...

#choosing-a-major

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 16 33 views

What is it like to change your major? In which year did you make the change?

Office Hours #2: SDSU College Student Panel This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was college life. If...

#college-applications #major-change #college #major

Mireya J.’s Avatar
Mireya J. Oct 27 22 views

In pre-med what should I major in?

I'm thinking of being a neonatal nurse. I don't know which major to pick in college....

#major

Abbie M.’s Avatar
Abbie M. Oct 27 29 views
taylor M.’s Avatar
taylor M. Oct 19 47 views
Aniya W.’s Avatar
Aniya W. Oct 15 176 views

Would is be smart for me to double major in finance and information systems, and get a master's in finance? If, so what career opportunities will I have?

I'm a senior, and by the time I graduate high school, I will have an AA degree. I'm thinking of a career in fintech, but I'm not sure. I do want to study finance, and I'm interested in technology. #major #college #high-school #career #finance #informationsystems #technology #doublemajor...

#masters

Jane S.’s Avatar
Jane S. Oct 08 217 views

Is electrical engineering right for me?

Hello! I'm a high school senior applying for college, and I know I want to do engineering but I'm still a bit unsure about what type to apply for. I was considering Electrical Engineering because the classes sound interesting and I've read up on a couple topics independently because of that,...

#technology #college #high-school #engineering #electrical #ee #electrical-engineering #major #tech #college-majors

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Sep 17 207 views

Why programming with python 3 so hard?

I'm finally taking a scripting class, and I realize programming is not for me. it's funny how I was passionate to learn about it, now I realize that it is really hard. I really want to understand it, but using the required website for my class called "ZyBooks", It's not helping me...

#technology #python #classes #college #school #python3 #informationtechnology #coding #programming #scripting #professor #major #general #it #career

Macarena G.’s Avatar
Macarena G. Aug 28 58 views

Is international relationships a good major?

I am neither in the scientific side nor the humanities side, i'm just in between. Still, I really enjoy writing, history and politics. Is this major right for me? #major...

#choosing-a-major

Alyssa D.’s Avatar
Alyssa D. Aug 27 83 views

What exactly is the classical studies and humanities major?

I’ve been exploring different majors at my college and I came across the Classical Studies and Humanities major. What exactly does the major entail, and what are the career aspects for this major? #major #classicalstudies #humanities...

Dilara S.’s Avatar
Dilara S. Jul 30 191 views

What's a career field that incorporates physics and computer science?

I'm a rising senior in high school and I am interested in physics, calculus, and computer science. I don't know what I want to do in college but I do want to double major. What are some careers that incorporate this? Is it a good idea to double major in physics and computer science? Or is there...

#choosing-a-major #july #college #career-plan #majors #math #physics #career #careers #career-counseling #career-choice #major #computerscience #july20

Emilia S.’s Avatar
Emilia S. Jul 19 138 views

What's a good major for hopeful human resource managers?

I am transferring to a four-year school with an associate's degree in liberal arts and I think I want to be a human resources manager? I don't know what the best major would be that would give me the skills and experience to do that. #july20 #major #humanresources...

#business

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Jul 29 207 views

Why is it hard to build my network and find a mentor in my field of study?

I am an IT major. I tried my best to build my network and find a mentor, but it's really hard. Maybe, I am not doing it the right way. I need help....building my network, finding a mentor.....almost EVERYTHING. Technology might be in demand, but it's really hard to find a job without...

#technology #help #college #networking #network #major #building #mentor #july20

Benjamin V.’s Avatar
Benjamin V. Jul 29 125 views

I'm interested in becoming a surgeon, but I'm feeling a little intimidated by the intense hours required of surgical fellows. Is it possible to balance work life with a family life in this setting?

I am approaching my senior year of high school. I am planning to #major in #biology and continue on to get my MD. I am considering the possibility of becoming a #surgeon, but I want to have a better understanding of the #work-life balance of #surgical #fellows. #doctor #surgery #pediatrics...

#neurosurgeon

Kennedie B.’s Avatar
Kennedie B. Jul 26 85 views

Major Advice

I have attended two years of college( I go to MSUM), but right now I'm taking some time off to figure out the right major. I'd like to be in a field that focuses on helping others, but don't really want to be a nurse. I enjoy science, and learning about the brain, and find myself drawn to...

#major

Ted Y.’s Avatar
Ted Y. Jul 23 82 views

I'm thinking that I want to study something more technical in university (next fall), but I don't know how to choose a more specific topic

Whenever I mention this, people sort of assume I'm looking for a pure hard science like just chemistry or just math or they assume Engineering, which I know is a very broad topic. How do I narrow it down to a more specific field? Has anyone had this problem and had a good method for finding out...

#university #undecided #major

K K.’s Avatar
K K. Jul 23 137 views

Are criminal justice classes similar to criminology?

I am interested in becoming a criminal intelligence analyst and currently, I am a sociology major. My university does not offer criminology as a major and so there are not many classes related to the subject. However, there are criminal justice classes. Would taking criminal justice classes be...

#university #criminology #major #crime-analysis #career #july20

Joy Z.’s Avatar
Joy Z. Jul 18 163 views

what are some potential jobs you could do if you study in biology in college?

I am studying biology in college, but I do not know how does this major helps me in future career. I understand that my future job might have nothing related to what I study in college. Asides from being a researcher working in labs, what other jobs this major would lead to? People also said...

#research #biology-major #job #business #major #biology #career #july20

Brittany S.’s Avatar
Brittany S. Jul 18 103 views

How do I choose a psychology graduate track?

I'm a rising college junior majoring in psychology and minoring in criminal justice. When I was researching graduate schools, I found there are many tracks in the psychology graduate programs that I'm interested in. How do I narrow down a single track? #psychology #graduateschool #college...

#ms #degree #program #july20 #programs #student #professor #major #colleges #mentor #tracks

Ethan B.’s Avatar
Ethan B. Jul 17 117 views

Where are some tips on how to fast track my IT career?

I am very goal oriented and look forward to starting my first job. What are some tips to keep me on the up and up for promotions are better opportunities as an IT major? #major #job #july20...

#first-job

Kaitlin F.’s Avatar
Kaitlin F. Jul 14 98 views

What job opportunities are there with a Biblical Studies major besides working in a church?

I'm interested in a Biblical Studies major and am wondering what types of careers I can consider with it? I would love to work in a church but want to keep my options open! #major #college-major #ministry #biblical-studies...

#theology

Mohammad A.’s Avatar
Mohammad A. Jul 06 197 views

how do I know if studying major( x )suits me or not

Hi I'm in my last school year and I want to find a major that fits my standards and requirements. I'm a good problem solver, Gets bored easily, Love helping others, Not really a hard worker to be honest except if it was in a field I love, Free time is one of my priorities. #career #major...

#university #college-major #college

Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Jun 28 235 views

I'm a 3rd year in college and I dont know if I should I keep my major, switch it, or become Undeclared for now?

I am a 3rd year in college recently I have upgraded my major from pre-psychology to psychology. The thing is that I'm not sure if I want to stick with Psychology , because I really don't know what I want to do anymore and am not sure if this is the right major for me anymore. Some majors I'm...

#university #research #college #college-major #undeclared #business #major #psychology #biology

Charlize M.’s Avatar
Charlize M. Jun 24 185 views

What are some job prospects for a Neuroscience major?

I'm entering college in the fall and planning to major in Neuroscience on a pre-med track. Just in case I don't pursue going to medical school, I was wondering if there are any job prospects for this major, like a back-up plan? In all honesty, I'm fearful that I might pursue the wrong major...

#technology #stem #healthcare #medical #college #medicalschool #neuroscience #premed #college-major #major #medicine

Jennifer S.’s Avatar
Jennifer S. Jun 19 174 views

what are the differences between landscape architecture and just architecture?

I'm stuck on deciding which major I should choose next year for uni, what are the main differences between the two majors? which open to more opportunities? and which is overall the better major? thank you in advance. #architecture #architect #college-major...

#major