Career Questions tagged Major

Each college will have a list of different majors to choose from. The college major will determine the requirements needed to graduate with a degree. For more information, please read...

Mohammad A.’s Avatar
Mohammad A. Jul 06 84 views

how do I know if studying major( x )suits me or not

Hi I'm in my last school year and I want to find a major that fits my standards and requirements. I'm a good problem solver, Gets bored easily, Love helping others, Not really a hard worker to be honest except if it was in a field I love, Free time is one of my priorities. #career #major...

#college #college-major #university

Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Jun 28 149 views

I'm a 3rd year in college and I dont know if I should I keep my major, switch it, or become Undeclared for now?

I am a 3rd year in college recently I have upgraded my major from pre-psychology to psychology. The thing is that I'm not sure if I want to stick with Psychology , because I really don't know what I want to do anymore and am not sure if this is the right major for me anymore. Some majors I'm...

#psychology #college #biology #research #college-major #major #business #university #undeclared

Charlize M.’s Avatar
Charlize M. Jun 24 85 views

What are some job prospects for a Neuroscience major?

I'm entering college in the fall and planning to major in Neuroscience on a pre-med track. Just in case I don't pursue going to medical school, I was wondering if there are any job prospects for this major, like a back-up plan? In all honesty, I'm fearful that I might pursue the wrong major...

#medical #healthcare #college #college-major #neuroscience #major #premed #medicalschool #stem #technology #medicine

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. Jun 19 76 views
Jennifer S.’s Avatar
Jennifer S. Jun 19 70 views

what are the differences between landscape architecture and just architecture?

I'm stuck on deciding which major I should choose next year for uni, what are the main differences between the two majors? which open to more opportunities? and which is overall the better major? thank you in advance. #architecture #architect #college-major...

#major

Aniya W.’s Avatar
Aniya W. Jun 13 179 views
Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Jun 10 121 views

Should English be my minor or 2nd major?

I have committed to my college as a psychology major. I am looking at a career in either (or both, if possible) research psychology or editing and publishing. Do you think I can land a job in editing when English is only my minor? Is it worth the extra effort to double major? How do minors...

#major #english #englishliterature #college-major

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 26 268 views

Is it worth it to minor in something you find interest in?

I am doing a Math-Computer Science degree at UCSD. I know most of my courses will consist of difficult math and CS courses but I find engineering very interesting as well. I wanted to minor in engineering for my own personal interest so I could learn more about it. And if I really enjoy it,...

#major #minor #college #computer-science #math #engineering #college-major

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 22 186 views

Are joint majors beneficial or is it better to have a singular major and a minor?

To people who have/had joint majors: Did you fell less competitive when applying for jobs or internships against people who have a single major? What is your joint major and how has it helped you career wise? For employers/recruiters (if applicable): Do you prefer people with joint majors or...

#minor #research #joint-major #engineering #career #college-major #internship #major #math

Selin N.’s Avatar
Selin N. May 20 189 views

How do you deicide what major you want to pursue?

Hi, I'm Selin, and I'm a 9th-grade student in high school. I know I have a lot of time, but I want to start looking for a field of study I'd like to pursue. I currently participate in varsity crew but have no interest in a particular field of study yet. If you're like me, how did you end up...

#major #college-major

Jane S.’s Avatar
Jane S. May 16 224 views

How do I know if engineering is the right field for me?

Hi! I'm currently a high school student trying to figure out what to major in for college. I enjoy solving problems and learning math/science, but I've never really been the type of person to take things apart and put them together just for the sake of it. Could I still consider being an...

#college #engineering #science #major #solutions #math #engineer #technology #tech

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. May 15 73 views
Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. May 12 175 views
Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. May 12 355 views

What's a good coding language to start with?

It's part of my major, I want to start now learning it, so it will be easy to understand when classes open again? #computer #major #information-technology #technology #computer-software #coding #codingcamp #bootcamp #covid19 #career #college...

#student

Harley Marie C.’s Avatar
Harley Marie C. May 04 76 views

What classes should I take in collage for animal training?

I want to be an animal trainer for all different species of animals but I don't know what classes are required or this is collage or even in high school #animals #major #zooloy #animaltraining #equine...

#marinelife

Tina L.’s Avatar
Tina L. May 02 150 views

Is it crazy to take 2 science courses + 1 math course in one semester?

I am going to transfer to a 4-year university as a biology major, but the classes they require are mainly and only science + math classes. I already finished my "smaller" classes in the previous semesters, such as art, English, history, etc. Each of my remaining semesters in school will...

#college #biology #calculus #mathematics #chemistry #science #major #university #bioscience #math

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Apr 28 172 views

I can't figure out which Information Technology (IT) that are still on demand?

I have to pick one of this specialization: *Forensic Specialization *Web Design and Development *IT Management and Administration #technology #computer #information-technology # #programming #help #ondemandjob #future #covid19 #career #careercoach...

#major

grace B.’s Avatar
grace B. Apr 23 215 views

Would a major in Strategic Communications with a Business minor or a major in Marketing be best for a career in business?

I'm ending my second year in college and am having trouble with my major. I haven't necessarily decided on one yet. I'm deciding if I should do Strategic Communications with a Business minor or apply to the business school and do Marketing. I'm planning on applying no matter what but I would...

#college #marketing #future #communications #career #college-major #major #business #entrepreneur #stratcomm #comm

Lqra T.’s Avatar
Lqra T. Apr 15 81 views

What are the pros and cons of a 6 year medical program?

I'm looking for a firsthand perspective from someone who was in one of these programs. I graduate in two years and was wondering if I should apply to a 6-year med program. #healthcare #medical #medicine #premed #college #major #doctor...

#medical-school

Jeff S.’s Avatar
Jeff S. Apr 12 64 views