Career Questions tagged Major

Each college will have a list of different majors to choose from. The college major will determine the requirements needed to graduate with a degree. For more information, please read...

Ciara J.’s Avatar
Ciara J. Feb 05 25 views

What majors can I do to pursue a career with animals?

-want to transfer to UC -completing general ed in community college -undecided major/career #animals...

#major

Zachary S.’s Avatar
Zachary S. Jan 10 132 views

What does being a business major take?

I'm looking for colleges and I want to be a business major, but I don't know what to focus on and I'm not sure how to go about college (majors and minors). #business #major...

Mariam A.’s Avatar
Mariam A. Dec 18, 2019 77 views

What should I do in order to simplify my preference if I have several majors in mind that are very different?

As I explored more majors and explored all my interests and how I could pursue them, I settled on a couple which I was told is expected. The thing is my options are extremely varied and do not relate to each other at all which is now causing a problem as i'm choosing my classes for my future...

#biology #english #major #university #journalism #undecided #computer_science #medicine #cybersecurity

Ahna F.’s Avatar
Ahna F. Nov 14, 2019 56 views
Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Oct 14, 2019 84 views

Editors and publishers- what was your major?

I've heard that English is too broad and journalism is dying. Are these true? What did you major in to become an editor or publisher? I intend to major in psychology, but I am looking to dual major or minor in some kind of English. Can I still get a career as a publisher or editor if I just...

#college-major #english #major #publisher #editor

Arely S.’s Avatar
Arely S. Oct 07, 2019 372 views

Which major is better? Math, Finance or Accounting?

I love numbers . I don't know if I should pursue a major in Math, Finance or Accounting. #accounting #finance #business #math...

#major

Anonymous A.’s Avatar
Anonymous A. Oct 05, 2019 61 views

I want to switch majors

I want to learn about media production and use the classes I am taking for something NOW, like youtube. I don't want a major that is not useful to me until I get the degree. #college-major #major #college-major...

#double-major

Armando O.’s Avatar
Armando O. Oct 04, 2019 71 views

How beneficial would a minor in Mathematics be as a Mechanical Engineering major?

I'm a junior currently attending Astate CQ and I wanted to get some advice about minoring in math or maybe even in business. I would like to know in what direction would I be heading towards having these types of minors. Also, how should I chose between those minors or should I also open up to...

#college-major #mechanical-engineer #major #mathematics #minor #engineering #math

Madison W.’s Avatar
Madison W. Oct 03, 2019 70 views
Mackenzie S.’s Avatar
Mackenzie S. Sep 18, 2019 78 views

What should I minor in?

I am a paralegal studies major and a pre-law student. My future plans are to work for the government, maybe work my way up to a district attorney. I don't want a broad minor such as history, english, political science...etc #law #major #law-enforcement #college-major...

#lawyer

Caitlin P.’s Avatar
Caitlin P. Jul 12, 2018 414 views

What part of your job do you love the most?

I am an incoming freshman (Undeclared) with interests in Civil Engineering, Environmental Policy, Biostatistics, Data Science, Sociology, Public Health, Entrepreneurship, Product Design, Network Administration, and Financial Analyst & Planning. I am exploring different career possibilities...

#data #sociology #civil #financial #major #health #planning #network #public #policy #design #product #business #biostatistics #science #undeclared #environmental #analyst #public-health #administration #stem #entrepreneurship #engineering

Yejee S.’s Avatar
Yejee S. Sep 05, 2019 75 views

I don't know what career/major i want to pursue

I graduated from high school this May, and I've decided to take a gap year to think of what I want to do in the future. There is a lot of things I like and I dislike, I don't really have much that I'm "good" at, so it's been a little tough to figure out about my future. I've thought of some...

#career #career-paths #major #career-choice

Lauren L.’s Avatar
Lauren L. Sep 04, 2019 64 views

What is the best way to learn about different majors?

As someone who is exploring majors and different opportunities, I don't know where to start or how to research on these topics. #college-major...

#major

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Aug 26, 2019 146 views

Can I succeed in business? How can I pick a career that properly suits my interests?

Hello, I'm currently a second-year college student, and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with my future. I'm currently majoring in English, but I've been debating whether to add business as a second major due to my interest in what I perceive as business-related fields. The only...

#career-path #english #career-counseling #major #publishing #english-degree #business-field #student #job-experience #english-major #business #job #career-advice #work-experience #career-planning #work #business-major #advice #help #career-help #college-major #choosing-a-major #career #student-advice #education #career-coach #business-degree

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Aug 26, 2019 109 views

Can an English major work in business-related jobs?

As my question says, I'm wondering how successful an English major would be at working in business-related jobs. For example, I'm really interested in the publishing industry. Can you find success working in the publishing industry with only an English degree, or would you recommend...

#career-path #english #career-counseling #major #publishing #english-degree #business-field #student #job-experience #english-major #business #job #career-advice #work-experience #career-planning #work #business-major #advice #help #career-help #college-major #choosing-a-major #career #student-advice #education #business-degree

Bnc T.’s Avatar
Bnc T. Aug 17, 2019 77 views

What are reasons for wanting to take law?

Hi! so..I've been thinking hard about WHY exactly I'd want to take law. I was wondering if maybe you could share some of your reasons for deciding to take law, so I can get inspired as to why? #law #attorney #law-school #college #lawyer...

#major

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Aug 15, 2019 94 views

Any advice on how to pick a major/minor?

I want to become a doctor in the future, so I've heard that the best thing to do is major in biology/sciences, however, if I were to choose to major in something like english instead, how much would that impact my future career/education/graduate school experience? Also, what are your general...

#college-major #biology #major #medicine #college

Viansa S.’s Avatar
Viansa S. Jul 17, 2019 143 views

What is the process of choosing a major?

I'm not referring to the thought process or experimentation. I'm asking what you have to do in order to declare a major. Is there an administrator who you typically speak to and declare? Can you declare mid-year? If you go in undecided, how long before you have to declare or switch? Is it...

#college-major #undecided #college #major

andres C.’s Avatar
andres C. Jun 24, 2019 135 views

What major can i take in college besides criminal justice?

I graduated this year and I wanted to know the different majors I can go for #major #criminal-justice #college-major...

#law-enforcement

M A.’s Avatar
M A. Jun 18, 2019 96 views

Is neuroscience a required major in labor market?

Where do I work when I graduate ? And how about the job chances in that field? I hope you answer my question and thank you #communication #college #psychology #neuroscience #biology...

#major

kaylee R.’s Avatar
kaylee R. Apr 05, 2018 197 views

What college major is best for an anesthesiologist?

I'm not sure what you need to major in to be an upcoming #anesthesiologist. What is the best college major for this? Math? Science? #doctor #college #major #science #math #healthcare...

#hospital-and-healthcare

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Jun 02, 2019 155 views

How do companies view military service?

When hiring, do companies view military service as a good or bad thing? If it it a good thing, what branch looks best? Marines, Army, Army National Guard, Air Force, Air National Guard, Navy, Coast Guard? And does it look better to have been an enlisted or officer? (I'm guessing the best...

#coast-guard #marine #major #pilot #corporate #aviation #company #hiring #military #any #future #technology #army #college #navy #career #marines

Emely A.’s Avatar
Emely A. May 28, 2019 86 views

What is needed to study in order to be a paramedic?

What course did you have to take when becoming a paramedic? What school did you go to? Did the school prepare you well? #college-major #major #paramedic...

#medical-school

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. May 26, 2019 105 views

Do you really need to take high school classes in preparation to college?

Do you need to take relevant high school classes to your major in college, or will college teach you everything you need to know? #college #student #college-major #high-school #time-management #college-bound #major #engineering #physics #chemistry #biology #calculus #science #technology...

#math