Career Questions tagged Major

Each college will have a list of different majors to choose from. The college major will determine the requirements needed to graduate with a degree. For more information, please read...

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Oct 14 7 views

Editors and publishers- what was your major?

I've heard that English is too broad and journalism is dying. Are these true? What did you major in to become an editor or publisher? I intend to major in psychology, but I am looking to dual major or minor in some kind of English. Can I still get a career as a publisher or editor if I just...

#editor #college-major #english #major #publisher

Arely S.’s Avatar
Arely S. Oct 07 114 views

Which major is better? Math, Finance or Accounting?

I love numbers . I don't know if I should pursue a major in Math, Finance or Accounting. #accounting #finance #business #math...

#major

Anonymous A.’s Avatar
Anonymous A. Oct 05 18 views

I want to switch majors

I want to learn about media production and use the classes I am taking for something NOW, like youtube. I don't want a major that is not useful to me until I get the degree. #college-major #major #college-major...

#double-major

Armando O.’s Avatar
Armando O. Oct 04 22 views

How beneficial would a minor in Mathematics be as a Mechanical Engineering major?

I'm a junior currently attending Astate CQ and I wanted to get some advice about minoring in math or maybe even in business. I would like to know in what direction would I be heading towards having these types of minors. Also, how should I chose between those minors or should I also open up to...

#minor #engineering #college-major #mathematics #major #mechanical-engineer #math

Madison W.’s Avatar
Madison W. Oct 03 25 views
Mackenzie S.’s Avatar
Mackenzie S. Sep 18 32 views

What should I minor in?

I am a paralegal studies major and a pre-law student. My future plans are to work for the government, maybe work my way up to a district attorney. I don't want a broad minor such as history, english, political science...etc #law #major #law-enforcement #college-major...

#lawyer

Caitlin P.’s Avatar
Caitlin P. Jul 12, 2018 315 views

What part of your job do you love the most?

I am an incoming freshman (Undeclared) with interests in Civil Engineering, Environmental Policy, Biostatistics, Data Science, Sociology, Public Health, Entrepreneurship, Product Design, Network Administration, and Financial Analyst & Planning. I am exploring different career possibilities...

#public-health #public #engineering #undeclared #administration #entrepreneurship #planning #civil #biostatistics #financial #environmental #business #health #network #science #analyst #product #data #policy #design #major #stem #sociology

Yejee S.’s Avatar
Yejee S. Sep 05 46 views

I don't know what career/major i want to pursue

I graduated from high school this May, and I've decided to take a gap year to think of what I want to do in the future. There is a lot of things I like and I dislike, I don't really have much that I'm "good" at, so it's been a little tough to figure out about my future. I've thought of some...

#career-choice #career-paths #major #career

Lauren L.’s Avatar
Lauren L. Sep 04 41 views

What is the best way to learn about different majors?

As someone who is exploring majors and different opportunities, I don't know where to start or how to research on these topics. #college-major...

#major

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Aug 26 92 views

Can I succeed in business? How can I pick a career that properly suits my interests?

Hello, I'm currently a second-year college student, and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with my future. I'm currently majoring in English, but I've been debating whether to add business as a second major due to my interest in what I perceive as business-related fields. The only...

#job #business-degree #business-field #college-major #career #career-coach #work #major #publishing #business #english-degree #work-experience #english-major #student #career-counseling #career-path #business-major #english #career-planning #education #student-advice #help #career-help #choosing-a-major #advice #career-advice #job-experience

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Aug 26 67 views

Can an English major work in business-related jobs?

As my question says, I'm wondering how successful an English major would be at working in business-related jobs. For example, I'm really interested in the publishing industry. Can you find success working in the publishing industry with only an English degree, or would you recommend...

#job #business-degree #business-field #college-major #career #work #major #publishing #business #english-degree #work-experience #english-major #student #career-counseling #career-path #business-major #english #career-planning #education #student-advice #help #career-help #choosing-a-major #advice #career-advice #job-experience

Bnc T.’s Avatar
Bnc T. Aug 17 46 views

What are reasons for wanting to take law?

Hi! so..I've been thinking hard about WHY exactly I'd want to take law. I was wondering if maybe you could share some of your reasons for deciding to take law, so I can get inspired as to why? #law #attorney #law-school #college #lawyer...

#major

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Aug 15 63 views

Any advice on how to pick a major/minor?

I want to become a doctor in the future, so I've heard that the best thing to do is major in biology/sciences, however, if I were to choose to major in something like english instead, how much would that impact my future career/education/graduate school experience? Also, what are your general...

#college-major #major #medicine #biology #college

Viansa S.’s Avatar
Viansa S. Jul 17 107 views

What is the process of choosing a major?

I'm not referring to the thought process or experimentation. I'm asking what you have to do in order to declare a major. Is there an administrator who you typically speak to and declare? Can you declare mid-year? If you go in undecided, how long before you have to declare or switch? Is it...

#major #college-major #undecided #college

andres C.’s Avatar
andres C. Jun 24 94 views

What major can i take in college besides criminal justice?

I graduated this year and I wanted to know the different majors I can go for #major #criminal-justice #college-major...

#law-enforcement

M A.’s Avatar
M A. Jun 18 70 views

Is neuroscience a required major in labor market?

Where do I work when I graduate ? And how about the job chances in that field? I hope you answer my question and thank you #communication #college #psychology #neuroscience #biology...

#major

kaylee R.’s Avatar
kaylee R. Apr 05, 2018 160 views

What college major is best for an anesthesiologist?

I'm not sure what you need to major in to be an upcoming #anesthesiologist. What is the best college major for this? Math? Science? #doctor #college #major #science #math #healthcare...

#hospital-and-healthcare

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Jun 02 108 views

How do companies view military service?

When hiring, do companies view military service as a good or bad thing? If it it a good thing, what branch looks best? Marines, Army, Army National Guard, Air Force, Air National Guard, Navy, Coast Guard? And does it look better to have been an enlisted or officer? (I'm guessing the best...

#army #pilot #corporate #future #aviation #career #marine #hiring #navy #technology #marines #company #any #college #coast-guard #military #major

Emely A.’s Avatar
Emely A. May 28 61 views

What is needed to study in order to be a paramedic?

What course did you have to take when becoming a paramedic? What school did you go to? Did the school prepare you well? #college-major #major #paramedic...

#medical-school

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. May 26 78 views

Do you really need to take high school classes in preparation to college?

Do you need to take relevant high school classes to your major in college, or will college teach you everything you need to know? #college #student #college-major #high-school #time-management #college-bound #major #engineering #physics #chemistry #biology #calculus #science #technology...

#math

Ana R.’s Avatar
Ana R. May 26 95 views

I dont like my major but my parents refuse to let me change it.

so, I'm inthe middle of my first year at medical school. Last semester i realized that maybe this isnt the path for me. I'm really bad at some of the subjects and I ended up failing one of my major classes. I started to look for another career alternatives . One of them was foreign languages...

#medicine #major #college-major

Jen Z.’s Avatar
Jen Z. May 14 100 views

How do I choose a major?

I’m the type of person who is interested in everything. Some days I feel artsy and want to major in something related to theater or movies while other days I feel uncreative and want to major in physics. How do I decide? #college-major #major #college...

#undecided

Rafael M.’s Avatar
Rafael M. May 02 73 views

I want major in Artificial Intelligence, can you tell me something about this major?

What is the job outlook for Artificial Intelligence professionals in the coming decades? I'm planning on earning a Artificial Intelligence degree during my undergraduate degree, and I was hoping to learn the prospects of the career, itself, should I choose to pursue further education in the...

#engineering #college-major #major