Career Questions tagged College Minor

Clifford Khent C.’s Avatar
Clifford Khent C. Mar 06, 2018 253 views

What should I minor in with my Psychology degree?

Hello! I have been considering in Minoring in something lately. Of course, I'd like to minor in something beneficial to my major. I'd eventually like to pursue Applied Behavioral Analysis or Clinical Psychology in Grad school. Any tips? #college-minor #college #college-major #psychology...

#choosing-a-major

Savannah S.’s Avatar
Savannah S. Apr 19, 2018 275 views

How can I create a minor for myself, while taking aspects from other majors and minors?

I wish to shape my own future, which is why I want to create a minor that is unique to myself and aspirations. #minors #college #college-major #college-minor #design-a-major #custom-major #custom-minor #academic-advising...

#course-selection

Jaelen J.’s Avatar
Jaelen J. May 22, 2018 281 views

Should I purse a minor?

I was considering a minor for my school resume, and I was wondering what is the best suited minor for an exercise science major as I apply myself forward through college? #majors-and-minors #school #college-minor #college #minor #resume...

#science-major

Isha T.’s Avatar
Isha T. May 20, 2018 241 views

What's it like doing a theatre minor?

I'm an engineering major and I've recently realized that I really miss being involved in theatre - I used to do the plays in high school. I'm considering doing a theatre minor, but I don't know if it's going to do me any good since my career is probably not going to be related to theatre at...

#minor #theatre-minor #college-minor #engineering #theatre

Ellie S.’s Avatar
Ellie S. May 16, 2018 349 views

Do you take extra classes to minor in something?

I'm confused about the whole major/minor thing. Do you get a minor from select classes you're taking or do you have to take extras. Are minors required? I want my Bachelors in International business and an Associates in Communications. Does this mean I'm minoring in Communications?...

#college-minor #college-bound

Katherine P.’s Avatar
Katherine P. Jan 16, 2018 250 views

How do I decide what I want to minor in?

Going into college, I know I want to study journalism. The problem is that I want to study other things to help in my journalism career like anthropology, economics, politics and much more. Not just a few classes, I want to be able to know all of these topics inside and out. I don’t know what...

#politics #college #college-minor #anthropology #academic-advising #journalism

Rissa F.’s Avatar
Rissa F. Apr 19, 2018 2965 views

What can I do with an Accounting Minor?

I am interested in minoring in Accounting, but I'm not sure what I can actually do. Most things I have looked at you need a major for. #accounting...

#college-minor

Rae M.’s Avatar
Rae M. Jan 10, 2018 282 views

What is the best major for someone who wants to be an orthodontist?

I am a junior in high school and am looking into majors. I already know that I want to become an orthodontist, but I am not sure if I should choose a STEM major with a Humanities/Social Science minor or a Humanities/Social Science major and a STEM major? Also, what are good combinations of...

#orthodontist #college-minor #choosing-a-major #dentistry #college-major

Tamera P.’s Avatar
Tamera P. Mar 27, 2018 443 views

Complimentary major/minor for Sociology major?

I plan to chase after a career in international human rights law, working with NGO's like Amnesty International or the EU court of human rights. With that in mind, I've thought about minors/ double majors in subjects like Spanish or international studies, but am still undecided what subject...

#international-humanitarian-law #sociology #law-school #human-rights #college-minor #double-major

Jasminne V.’s Avatar
Jasminne V. Mar 19, 2018 298 views

Is it better to minor in French?

I am already fluent in Spanish, but have only taken French in high school. #french #college-minor #spanish...

#foreign-languages

Audra M.’s Avatar
Audra M. Mar 14, 2018 2128 views

What minor should I choose with a master's in architecture?

I plan to major in architecture and was wondering what minors would go along with architecture. I plan to become a certified architect and have my own firm. I know business would be a good minor, but are there any others? #architect #architecture #architecture-and-planning #college-minor...

#majors-and-minors #double-minor

Roberto P.’s Avatar
Roberto P. Jan 23, 2018 416 views

What is better as an intended minor to help increase the amount of experience for a marketing job.

I want to be able to get the best real life experience for a career in marketing to be able to grow quickly. #marketing #customer-experience...

#college-minor

Morgan O.’s Avatar
Morgan O. Jan 24, 2018 346 views

What are the benefits of choosing a minor?

I am considering choosing a #college-minor when I get into college. What are the benefits and/or drawbacks to minoring and majoring at the same...

Gabriel H.’s Avatar
Gabriel H. Jan 21, 2018 216 views

Whats better- double majoring or getting a major and a minor

I'm going into the computer science major but I was wondering if it would be smart to take up a second major or to just get a minor in another interest. I know taking on a second major means a lot more workload but it also looks a lot better to employers. Just wondering what the smartest...

#major #college #college-minor #choosing-a-major

Chloe S.’s Avatar
Chloe S. Jan 18, 2018 414 views

How important is having a minor?

I am a Business Administration major with an emphasis in Hospitality Management. I needed more credits so I decided to add on a Communication minor. How important is having that extra title with "minor" to your resume and future career? #business #communication #college-minor...

#resume

Devetra C.’s Avatar
Devetra C. Dec 02, 2017 468 views
Gaia  C.’s Avatar
Gaia C. Oct 25, 2017 1273 views

What is a good minor with a Public Relations major?

Deciding if I want a minor for my PR major or just stick with PR major. I can't minor in Advertising, Journalism or anything similar but the University won't let me do that. I'm definitely always liked event planning, and always been interested in art. #college-minor #public-relations...

#marketing

Jill A.’s Avatar
Jill A. Oct 22, 2017 552 views

What should I second major/minor in that will be helpful for a marketing major?

I need to choose 2 minors that will compliment my marketing major. The ones I am leaning towards to is either finance, psychology or statistics. Which one should I choose? My other option is to do a second major but marketing is really the only career I see myself in. #marketing #university...

#psychology #finance #college-majors #majors-and-minors #statistics #college-major #major #college-minor #marketers #double-major

Gus H.’s Avatar
Gus H. Oct 12, 2017 474 views

As someone who plans on majoring in music performance in college, what should I minor or double major in?

I am well aware of the fact that its going to be a struggle once I get into the world as a musician, so I am exploring other options to do in addition to music performance. Ideally, I would like to do something that is somehow connected to music, like audio engineering etc, but I wanted to see...

#music #majors-and-minors #college-majors #audio-engineering #music-performance #college-major #majors #college-minor #choosing-a-major #music-education

Collette G.’s Avatar
Collette G. May 18, 2016 528 views

How rigorous is a medical sciences minor?

I'm a Design major but am vastly interested in the medical field, but not enough for a major. How rigorous is the average Medical minor, and what opportunities arise because of it? #medicine #education #college-minor #college #higher-education...

#career

Viola S.’s Avatar
Viola S. Sep 01, 2017 426 views

Is psychology useful?

Since I hope to become a pediatric intensivist after graduating from med school, I already know that However, I am very interested in psychology and was wondering if it would help me in my field? In addition, if it is indeed useful, then should I get a major or minor in it because my GPA must...

#psychology #minor #medical-school #doctor #er-doctor #science #picu #college-major #college-minor #medicine #icu #college #majors-and-minors #intensive-care-nursing #intensive-care-unit #medical-education #pediatrics #double-major

Amira-Saadiya R.’s Avatar
Amira-Saadiya R. May 17, 2016 400 views

What would be a smart minor for someone planning to major in neuroscience? And would there be room to double major in a related field?

While giving my choice of major a thought, it occurred to me that it may be a smart idea to minor in some other field, such as a language or business. Any thoughts? #college #college-major #college-minor #neuroscience...

#double-major

Galina B.’s Avatar
Galina B. Apr 12, 2017 509 views

How important is choosing a minor for political science?

I am a senior in high school planning on majoring in political science to possibly obtain a combined BA in Political Science with a Master's in Public Administration. I want to choose a minor that is highly employable but I am unsure which course to take. I love history and philosophy but I am...

#college #history #college-minor #journalism #economics #career #political-science

K J.’s Avatar
K J. Mar 09, 2017 624 views

Should a Major and Minor be related?

As an example, if I wanted to major in law, could I have a minor in acting? Or should a minor be related to my major? #college-major...

#college-minor

Samantha U.’s Avatar
Samantha U. Feb 19, 2017 649 views

Can I major in zoology and then minor in elementary teaching? Or the other way around?

I have always had an interest in becoming a zoologist, basically since 6th grade, but I have also wanted to become a teacher for maybe first or second graders. My top choice would be zoology, but I am afraid that there won't be many jobs in my area, so I would like a backup plan. #college...

#guidance-counselor #teaching #zoology #biology #college-major #elementary-education #college-minor

Kemi L.’s Avatar
Kemi L. Jan 13, 2017 1822 views

Does my major and minor have to relate?

I am majoring in computer science but the minor that I have now is in Asian American Studies. I see that a lot of people tend to minor in something that is relatable to the major such as an astronomy minor, math minor, or physics minor. Is it that important to minor in something that can relate...

#college-minor #majors-and-minors #college-major

Brooke D.’s Avatar
Brooke D. Oct 27, 2016 475 views

If I take a Biology course, how to I transfer that to a Marine Biology course and have many Minors?

I'm a small town senior getting ready to graduate and I don't really have anyone to help me prepare for college. I know I have to get a bachelors in Biology and then somehow 'specialize' in Marine but I also want to major in oceanography and engineering. I want to get my PhD so that I can...

#college #oceanography #biology #architecture #college-major #marine-biology #graduate-school #college-minor

Paige C.’s Avatar
Paige C. Oct 13, 2016 695 views

Is it challenging to find a job in deaf education?

I am currently really interested in ASL studies and am looking into minoring in American-Sign Language in college along with a major in something in Health Science. I do not know much sign-language yet, but it's never too late to learn! I am just curious how hard it would be to find job...

#education #deaf #health-science #college-minor #academic-advising #asl #college-major