Career Questions tagged Wildlife Conservation

Jade R.’s Avatar
Jade R. Aug 31, 2017

What are some career options that involve wildlife preservation or forestry?

I am extremely interested in Wildlife and Forestry. I want to study something along those lines for my major. But when it comes down to it, what kind of jobs are available under a degree along those lines? What options do I have in the State of Utah? #wildlife-conservation...

#utah #forestry #us-fish-and-wildlife

Danielle S.’s Avatar
Danielle S. Jan 17, 2018

What happens in a typical day for the Department of Conservation?

I'm interested in working for my state's Department of Conservation, but I don't really know what their average day looks like. #conservation #wildlife-conservation #biology #nature-conservation...

Jazmin L.’s Avatar
Jazmin L. Apr 08, 2018

What careers in biology will allow me to travel often?

I have always been interested in and enjoyed traveling, and would like to pursue a career in conservation or wildlife biology. What careers in that field, if any would involve frequent traveling? #conservation #nature-conservation #wildlife-conservation #wildlife-conservation...

#traveling #conservation-biology #travel #wildlife-biology

Jazmin L.’s Avatar
Jazmin L. Mar 24, 2018

Should I consider changing my wildlife/conservation biology major if I am bad at math?

I want to pursue a degree in conservation biology or wildlife biology, and have been told by previous professionals that I should keep my grades up in science math classes. While I enjoy and excel in my science classes, I am not as good at math. I am able to maintain an A or high B in all math...

#wildlife-conservation #choosing-a-major #stem #wildlife-biology #stemcareers

Jazmin L.’s Avatar
Jazmin L. Mar 24, 2018

What jobs can I apply for with a degree in conservation biology?

I previously wanted a degree in wildlife biology, but after I further explored my interests I became more intrigued with the conservation aspects of biology rather than the scientific aspect. It's also come to my attention that Conservation Biology is a fairly knew major, and I was wondering...

#wildlife-conservation #job-search #wildlife-biology #general-career-advice-for-young-people #wildlife #animal-conservation

Danielle S.’s Avatar
Danielle S. Jan 17, 2018

What does it take to become a wildlife rehabilitator?

Helping and conserving wildlife is an interest of mine. What major or classes should I look at to become one? #wildlife-rehablilitation #wildlife-conservation #wildlife-biology...

#biology

Jazmin L.’s Avatar
Jazmin L. Jan 24, 2018

What can I do in high school to prepare for a career in wildlife biology?

I want to pursue a career in wildlife biology or conservation biology. At my school, there are extensive programs to prepare students for a career in the medical services, and engineering. There's classes for theatre and visual arts, as well as other performing arts programs, however there does...

#wildlife-conservation #wildlife-biology #conservation-biology #college-prep #career-opportunity-and-preparation

Sydney S.’s Avatar
Sydney S. Sep 02, 2017

What is the best method for getting a job in a zoo or wildlife rehabilitation center?

I have always been interested in wildlife and plan on being open to either option once I receive a degree in Wildlife Ecology and Conservation Sciences at Washington State University. So far this is just a plan but I will be applying for their spring semester which begins this January. I guess...

#wildlife-conservation #zookeeper #wildlife-biology #zoology #wildlife-rehabilitation

Angelica T.’s Avatar
Angelica T. May 14, 2016

How well can a wildlife veterinarian fit into wildlife conservation and education?

I like to think that teaching about nature and wildlife is the best way to get people to think of helping efforts to save them. While I don't want to be a teacher, myself, and prefer medicine to vague biology, I do want to help in similar ways to what they do. #veterinarian #veterinary...

#wildlife-conservation #conservation #wildlife #animal-health #medical-education

Fazil R.’s Avatar
Fazil R. Jun 20, 2016

What are the options available in India for photography?

Hi! I am a class 10 student, very much interested in Photography. #photography #wildlife-biology...

#wildlife-conservation

Yu-Wei H.’s Avatar
Yu-Wei H. May 20, 2016

Is it difficult to get in a job that involves environmental sciences or wildlife management?

I'm really into environmental sciences, but I worry that there will be limited job positions for me in this field. Can anyone point out if it's easy to find a job with these two topics, or should I go into research instead? #environmental-science...

#wildlife-conservation

Angelica T.’s Avatar
Angelica T. May 14, 2016

What sorts of opportunities are out there for a wildlife veterinarian, or what kinds of similar careers can one find win a bachelors in zoology?

I am going to college and majoring in zoology, but find it a major with low access to specialized scholarships and less recognized than biology. However I know it's probably better for becoming a wildlife veterinarian, as I am planning on. I have thought about the possibility for working with...

#zoology #veterinarian #wildlife-conservation #wildlife

Trevor P.’s Avatar
Trevor P. Apr 01, 2015

Are there college courses that I can take for becoming a Game Warden?

I am very interested in what type of education I will need to become a Game Warden. #law #police #wildlife-biology #fishing #wildlife-conservation...

#nature

Trevor P.’s Avatar
Trevor P. Apr 01, 2015

What type of education do I need to have to become a game warden?

Hi, I'm Trevor. I'm a high school senior and I'm interested in being a game warden. Thanks for your help. #environment #hunting #fishing #wildlife #wildlife-conservation...

#fisheries-science