Career Questions tagged Animal Conservation

Jazmin’s Avatar
Jazmin Mar 24, 2018 739 views

What jobs can I apply for with a degree in conservation biology?

I previously wanted a degree in wildlife biology, but after I further explored my interests I became more intrigued with the conservation aspects of biology rather than the scientific aspect. It's also come to my attention that Conservation Biology is a fairly knew major, and I was wondering...

Alexandra’s Avatar
Alexandra Oct 28, 2016 659 views

Would you recommend pursuing grad school for someone who wants to work with animals in the wild or in conservatories?

I want to either research animals in the wild, or work with injured or endangered animals in a conservatory. Do you think I could pursue this with an undergrad degree in biology or zoology, or would I need to continue on to grad school? #science #biology #research #animals...

Jenna’s Avatar
Jenna Oct 19, 2016 586 views

Is it best to move to the east coast to find more experience for the job I want?

Since I want to help more exotic animals, should I move to the east coast to possibly get experience helping ocean life and mammals that live in the area? #veterinary #marine-biology #animal-health #marine-mammals #animal-conservation

Jenna’s Avatar
Jenna Oct 19, 2016 618 views

If I want to medically assist exotic animals in the future, where is the best place to go to learn how to do so?

This is what I want to do when I am older, so I need to know where I can get the best education so I can do the best job possible. #veterinarian #veterinary #veterinary-medicine #marine-biology #animal-health #animal-rescue #animal-conservation #animal-welfare

Silvia’s Avatar
Silvia May 17, 2016 564 views

Is there a growing need for animal professionals?

Since more animals are becoming endangered would this mean that capturing them and keeping them in reserveres, sanctuarys and zoos is the future? #animals #zookeeper #animal-conservation #nature-conservation #zoo #college #veterinary

Hailey ’s Avatar
Hailey May 05, 2016 951 views

Is volunteer work a good option to gain experience after majoring in environmental science?

I am curious as to what college graduates do after receiving a diploma in environmental science. Do they typically receive job offers, or do they need more experience in the field? I am especially interested in conservation and restoration. #science #environment #ecology #animal-conservation...