Career Questions tagged Animal Conservation

Jazmin L.’s Avatar
Jazmin L. Mar 24, 2018 339 views

What jobs can I apply for with a degree in conservation biology?

I previously wanted a degree in wildlife biology, but after I further explored my interests I became more intrigued with the conservation aspects of biology rather than the scientific aspect. It's also come to my attention that Conservation Biology is a fairly knew major, and I was wondering...

#general-career-advice-for-young-people #wildlife #job-search #animal-conservation #wildlife-conservation #wildlife-biology

Silvia M.’s Avatar
Silvia M. May 17, 2016 302 views

Is there a growing need for animal professionals?

Since more animals are becoming endangered would this mean that capturing them and keeping them in reserveres, sanctuarys and zoos is the future? #animals #zookeeper #animal-conservation #nature-conservation #zoo #college...

#veterinary

Alexandra L.’s Avatar
Alexandra L. Oct 28, 2016 432 views

Would you recommend pursuing grad school for someone who wants to work with animals in the wild or in conservatories?

I want to either research animals in the wild, or work with injured or endangered animals in a conservatory. Do you think I could pursue this with an undergrad degree in biology or zoology, or would I need to continue on to grad school? #science #biology #research #animals...

#zoology #environmental-science #animal-conservation #animal-science

Jenna B.’s Avatar
Jenna B. Oct 19, 2016 397 views

Is it best to move to the east coast to find more experience for the job I want?

Since I want to help more exotic animals, should I move to the east coast to possibly get experience helping ocean life and mammals that live in the area? #veterinary #marine-biology #animal-health #marine-mammals...

#animal-conservation

Jenna B.’s Avatar
Jenna B. Oct 19, 2016 399 views

If I want to medically assist exotic animals in the future, where is the best place to go to learn how to do so?

This is what I want to do when I am older, so I need to know where I can get the best education so I can do the best job possible. #veterinarian #veterinary #veterinary-medicine #marine-biology #animal-health #animal-rescue #animal-conservation...

#animal-welfare

Hailey  M.’s Avatar
Hailey M. May 05, 2016 653 views

Is volunteer work a good option to gain experience after majoring in environmental science?

I am curious as to what college graduates do after receiving a diploma in environmental science. Do they typically receive job offers, or do they need more experience in the field? I am especially interested in conservation and restoration. #science #environment #ecology #animal-conservation...

#nature-conservation