Career questions tagged marine-biology

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Rebekah430 views

What is a good career working with marine animals if I struggle with math and biology?

I am very interested in sharks and all marine life. I want to find a career working with marine animals. However, I struggle very much with math and biology. I'm not sure what jobs will be good for me to pursue. Or what type of education I should be looking at getting.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jada233 views

Master's or PhD for Marine Biologist?

Hi! I am currently pursuing my Bachelor's in Biology. I am also conducting water conservation undergrad research and conducting my own research projects is something I really enjoy. Ultimately, I want my graduate degree in Marine Biology and to conduct hands on research on coral reefs. I have been going back and forth between getting my Master's or PhD in Marine Biology after the completion of my Bachelors. I definitely want to end with a degree higher than Bachelor's. Is having my Master's or PhD after undergrad more beneficial for this field?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Megan180 views

What do Marine Biologists actually do?

I am thinking of going into Marin Biology but I don't really know that much about that career.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lauren336 views

where is the best place to get a biology degree?

I'm going into my junior year of high school and I'm trying to find what direction to go in life.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Timothy147 views

How can i learn more about marine biology and oceanography in a community college than take that knowledge to a 4 year university and make it my living?

How can I learn the most about, the ocean its own metrics and how it works, as well as all its wild life that survives in it and how i can use the knowledge i learn to make a difference and better they living situations plus spread my knowledge and awareness to others who’d want to learn more about it.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
io515 views

What are the best options for colleges based on Marine Biology in Virginia?

I want to become a marine biologist specializing in cartilaginous fish.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
stella214 views

What are good schools for both marine biology and nursing?

marine biology and nursing

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ethan342 views

What are the possibilities of a job shadowing for music production or film making in Columbus Ohio as a 16 year old?

I am a 16 year old sophomore interested in learning more about how I can continue in my passion for film-making with other teens and making my own music in the studio through music production. I also play guitar and keyboard for instruments. I wanna find more filmmakers or producers that can help me and find summer programs I can join.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
steph237 views

What is the best route to getting into marine biology as a 16 year old?

Hi, I'm 16 and in 10th grade, and I'm interested in pursuing a career in marine-biology

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
lenny228 views

Why do people think that sharks are really dangerous?

A majority of the population think that sharks are dangerous and want to eat humans. but in reality that's not really true.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
stephanie231 views

What is the best route to getting into marine biology?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Grace327 views

How do I combine data science and marine bio in a career?

How do I combine data science and marine bio in a career? Right now I'm in college pursuing an undergraduate degree in applied mathematics with a focus in biology and data science but I was wondering what careers combine data science and marine biology because I know they work together but you can't find many examples of that. Also would there be any careers where I could work with the data but also be in the field and collecting it?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aiden994 views

I need to ask marine biologists 15 questions for an assigment. Could somone answer them?

1. Why did you get into marine biology? 2. What part in marine biology do you specialize in, and why so? 3. How was studying to become a marine biologist like? 4. What do you think is the biggest threat to marine life, or the ocean as a whole? 5. How do you think we could solve this issue? 6. Are there any species you find more interesting than others? 7. Could you tell me about some memorable experiences you’ve had as a marine biologist? 8. What are some new discoveries in marine biology? 9. How do you stay up to date with new discoveries in marine biology? 10. What are some common misconceptions in marine biology? 11. Could you explain the importance of marine life? 12. What is the worst experience you’ve had as a marine biologist. 13. What are your goals as a marine biologist? 14. What are your hopes for marine life in the future? 15. What kind of tools do you use?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Yaineliz245 views

Best Biology branch?

Which branch of biology is the best in your opinion?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Yaineliz445 views

Until now I want to study marine biology when I enter university, my question is what knowledge I should know before entering said career. And what are some of the things i should know about this career?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Emma150 views

How does marine life behave around divers?

I want to know how fish react to people swimming around in their environment. Do certain species of fish interact with people more than others?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ava201 views

Does anyone know how I can get involved in the veterinary or marine biology world in this area?

I am a senior in high school and I am already accepted into college.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Annaliese296 views

Is marine biology a good job?

Is marine biology a fun hands on job. That's what I really want to be when I grow up, any advice?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Camila156 views

how do i become a marine biologist

what steps should i take inorder to pursue a field in marine sciences? what classes are requmended and wnat clubs? are there any internships near i can take?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Briella163 views

How much work does being a marine biologist take?

How much work does being a marine biologist take? What does it pay? How do I start learning about marine animals at an early age? What information doe I need to learn?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
taylor292 views

How well does a marine biologist get payed ?

I want to be financially stable and i’ve always dreamed of living by the water and being a marine biologist

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Angelina456 views

How much do Marine Biologist get payed on average and is it worth it?

What type of degree do you need?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kyla190 views

How do you start a career in Marine biology?

As far as careers I am interested in marine biology and the Navy. I am currently in the 11th grade after school I plan to either attend college or join the Navy afterwards.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Amani173 views

how do i become a marine biologist?

i want to be a marine biologist

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
nevaeh434 views

What do you most like and dislike about being a Marine Biologist?

hi, I am a san jose job corps student. and I am interested in becoming a Marine Biologist

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
nevaeh320 views

What level of education do you need to become a Marine Biologist?

have a high school diploma or equivalent; complete a bachelor's degree in marine biology or a related field; and. complete a master's or doctoral degree in marine biology.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
nevaeh427 views

What does a typical day look like for a Marine Biologist?

I've heard it's sampling the ocean from boats and ships, working up samples in the laboratory, figuring out the results on computers or writing up the findings for publication. I want to learn more.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
nevaeh209 views

Why did you decide to become a marine biologist?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Electra199 views

How do I get a better opportunity to be accepted into college for Marine Biology?

What are the best ways to get involved as a high school student to become a marine biologist and veterinarian? What internship opportunities should I look into?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Shane201 views

I want to become a marine biologist but i do NOT want to be sitting in a chair all day. I would like to be in the water for the most of the time. I was wondering if their is a certain job in marine biology that will let me be in the water for the most of the time?

If this is possible can you tell me what it is called?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon