Career Questions tagged Gpa

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Apr 16

Should high school be fun?

Should I take classes that are hard, and will prep me for college and career, or should I wait for college to teach me what I need to know, and take fun classes in high school? So that way I'm not so stressed with athletics, extracurriculars, and my job? #college #education #high-school...

#school #student #gpa

Silang J.’s Avatar
Silang J. Mar 01

How does staying a year really affect you chance getting into college

I recently had a wake-up call and decide to fix my life. I use to I want good grade but did not really care. I did not turn in might homework, study, participate in class or ask the teacher for help. I was mostly was playing games, waste my time. Now do not get me to wrong. Games are ok to play...

#college #advice #college-advice #career #gpa

Calista C.’s Avatar
Calista C. Oct 31, 2018

Why are college acceptance rates so low?

Acceptance rates to “elite” colleges and universities are extremely low and continue to drop each year. So I am wondering if these colleges and universities are very hard to get into because they admission standards have changed and continue to change of if there are just more applicants each...

#acceptancerates #ivyleague #collegeadmissions #gpa #sat

Darlie C.’s Avatar
Darlie C. Oct 26, 2018

How is our gpa calculated is it based off of quarter 1 or by semester

I really confused on how grade point average is calculated since I got a c in a weighted class I was wondering if that would bring my gpa down...

#gpa

Darlie C.’s Avatar
Darlie C. Oct 24, 2018

My gpa is a 2.83 my dream college says if a student has a gpa of 3.3 they are automatically accepted, how do I bring up my gpa?

I’m a senior this year and my dream college early application is this December #college-admissions #gpa...

#college-applications

Sonnet B.’s Avatar
Sonnet B. Aug 24, 2018

Whats the number one thing colleges look at when deciding to accept someone for college?

Would be the ACT scores or GPA? #...

#gpa

Hannah J.’s Avatar
Hannah J. Aug 18, 2018

What GPA do you need to get into a nursing school?

I am only an eighth grader, but I have a class where we are discussing careers and figuring out what we want to be. I want to be a nurse but don't know if my GPA would be high enough. #gpa...

Carolyn S.’s Avatar
Carolyn S. Aug 16, 2018

What is a goal GPA for a high school student?

The GPA is very important to colleges. I want to make sure I fit the expectation! #highschool #gpa...

Carolyn S.’s Avatar
Carolyn S. Aug 16, 2018

Do colleges look for involvement with sports and organizations?

I participate in cheerleading, track and field, fellowship of christian atheles, younglife, and multiple volunteering programs. Are colleges interested in students tha can balance these things and maintaining a good GPA. Basically, what impact does extra-curriculars bring to the college world....

#cheer #volunteer #college #highschool #christian #trackandfield #gpa

Victor G.’s Avatar
Victor G. Aug 16, 2018

How do I raise a low GPA?

My first year ended in my GPA being pretty bad. What are easy ways to raise it?...

#gpa

Riley D.’s Avatar
Riley D. Aug 14, 2018

Will being apart of an Honors College give me career opportunities during and after college?

I'm entering my freshman year of high school and was thinking about trying to get into an Honors College. Is the extra work on my gpa to get into an Honors College worth possibly not having as many extra curricula's on my resume? #honorscollege #highschool #freshman...

#gpa

Camryn C.’s Avatar
Camryn C. Aug 14, 2018

What will help me stand out to colleges as I’m applying?

I recently noticed my GPA is a 3.3 unweighted and a 3,9 weighted as I’ve been taking honors since freshman year. This kind of worried me as I saw the acceptance rates regarding gpa for certain colleges. #help #advice #gpa...

#college-selection

Camryn C.’s Avatar
Camryn C. Aug 14, 2018

#college-selection

Brittany C.’s Avatar
Brittany C. Jan 23, 2018

How can I keep up my grades in college?

I want to maintain a good college GPA so I can better succeed and possibly achieve more scholarships from my good grades. #grades #study-tips...

#gpa

Amina G.’s Avatar
Amina G. Mar 10, 2018

What GPA do UC schools look like?

When applying to UC schools in California, what GPA do the schools look at (i.e. scholastic, weighted, unweighted, etc), because I want to be prepared to take the right classes? #uc #gpa #admissions...

#college-admissions

kamryn G.’s Avatar
kamryn G. May 30, 2018

What Can You Include in Your College Resume/ Essay to Set Yourself Apart

So I am wanting to apply to several colleges, with my aspiration being to enter Cornell University's College of Agriculture and Life Science to study entomology. The issue for me is that, though I have good grades, I will have over 1,500 hours of volunteer/intern experience working with...

#internships #college #cornell-university #applications #gpa

Daeja S.’s Avatar
Daeja S. Mar 19, 2018

Is it possible to still get into a good college if you have Cs and below or under a 3.0

Because this is literally me rn, the struggle is SO real. Also, I'm in 11th grade so I wanna know if its already too late and I should fling myself into the sun, or if I still have time. #higher-education #gpa...

Ariel N.’s Avatar
Ariel N. Jan 16, 2018

What are the defining factors colleges look for when applying to college?

When looking at colleges, they show the GPA and SAT scores that are required and that’s all. Some will say they look for how involved you are in school and your community. I just want a clear statement of what most colleges want to see from me. #applying #requirements-management #college...

#sat #college-admissions #gpa

Katelyn S.’s Avatar
Katelyn S. Jan 16, 2018

What is an ideal GPA to leave college with?

Genna P.’s Avatar
Genna P. Mar 08, 2018

Are SAT and ACT scores more relevant than GPA and overall grades when it comes to college admissions?

Since a lot of high schools weight their GPAs differently, and since SATs and ACTs are standardized, I was wondering which aspect makes more of a difference when applying to colleges. #testing #sat #gpa #college...

#college-admissions

Brooklyn M.’s Avatar
Brooklyn M. Mar 17, 2018

Can a student recover from failing a college class?

How many classes can a student fail before they are not able to succeed? Can a student recover from a few failed classes after retaking them and getting a better grade? What happens when you take a class that cannot be retaken because it is above 3000, but you need it to succeed? Can I...

#university #sophomore #grades #stress #student #mental-health #freshmen #gpa #help #recovery #recover #student-development #failure #class #stress-management #college #classes

Sarah A.’s Avatar
Sarah A. Mar 16, 2018

What are things that graduate schools want to see in an application?

How can you improve CV's or personal statements? What experiences improve one's chance of getting into grad school. What GPA/classes are expected? #gradschool #gpa #classes #personal-statements...

#resume

Lok Yin C.’s Avatar
Lok Yin C. Feb 24, 2018

Is GPA important?

I am an undergraduate student majoring in Urban Studies. I am now taking a course, which is Urban Economics Studies Since I didn't study economics in High School, I don't really understand in it. Also, I find myself more interested in Spatial planning, but not in urban economics. So should I...

#urban-planning #urban-studies #urban-design #interest #college-choice #gpa #studying-tips #career-development

Jeffy J.’s Avatar
Jeffy J. Jan 23, 2018

Is it really important to have a good GPA once I am looking for a job right after school?

As a 17-year-old senior who is planning on going to college soon, I have always wondered if my grades are more important or the research and internships that I do are more important. All through high school, my focus has been to get that A in all the classes and that's what I have been always...

#jobopportunity #internship #college #gpa

William C.’s Avatar
William C. Jan 20, 2018

Which is more important when looking for a job, college GPA or Interships in your specific field?

When a company is looking to hire somebody, would they put more weight into college gpa, or internships that somebody has had that is relevant to the job? #scholarship #internship #gpa #college #student #business...

#ceo